Victory City: Lord Prospero saga

Discuss "American Goddess" and other stories with Mr. Cryptic!

Victory City: Lord Prospero saga

Postby Mr. Cryptic » March 16th, 2012, 8:12 pm

In Victory City #25, the close encounter between heroine and villain continues...
Brickhouse and Lord Prospero. See them now in the MC Comix member's section:
http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=33518&g2_GALLERYSID=c56c0d8308ce35f4fd82b087d23fb74a

NOTE: From now on, I will be posting updates to this ongoing storyline, whatever title they are, in this unified thread. This is how most of the other forum's do it, and I think it will make it easier to follow the discussions on this story if they are in one thread.
Mr. Cryptic

Re: Lord Prospero vs. Victory City! (Unified discussion thread)

Postby jrhcl2 » March 17th, 2012, 6:57 am

Hello Mr. Cryptic!! Nice update!! Lord Prospero truely is a master of seduction, he's seducing brickhouse in a completely different way than he seduced Ishtar and her alter ego Maria Jones!! It seems he has to work a little harder to do brickhouse, Maria Jones was very eager and once he tamed the Goddess she couldn't get a enough!! He 's a smooth talker! Looks like Brickhouse maybe his first soldier, part of his plan to invade the heavens and brickhouse is as strong as the Goddess!! Who is this new female villain that all the other villians fear, the queen of the night??? I can't wait to see how the tantric technique works!!
C.L
jrhcl2

Lord Prospero vs. Victory City! (Unified discussion thread)

Postby Mr. Cryptic » March 18th, 2012, 3:13 am

When Ishtar had sex with Prospero, she had been deliberately looking for a man to take her to bed. Her powers depend on intercourse to dissipate her accumulated prana.
Brickhouse is a married woman, and as far as we know she has not been intentionally unfaithful before. She was in the War Zone intending to fight villains, not fuck them :) .

I have only referred to the Triskelion Guild (the villainous counterpart to Victory Legion/SDA) in indirect ways until now. We'll get to see more of it in upcoming updates. The first glimpse of it was in this update, where we got to see the "big boss" of this cartel, the Queen of the Night. She has her own agenda apart from Prospero, so we'll see how that develops in future updates.
Mr. Cryptic

Postby Hector2 » March 24th, 2012, 1:33 pm

Hy Mr. Cryptic!

Ha ha ha ha! I really knew that poor doctor Jurgen Meyer was in problems but this is too much! This angle must have been played sometime in “The incredible Hulk”. David Banner must assume The Hulk’s compromises once he gets depowered.

The Aesop of this issue must be: A secret identity sucks: Dr. Jurgen must deal with Razorwolf’s mess, and Doctor Pretorious almost cheated his wife with herself, not to mention he is helping Lord Prospero to enslave his own wife, who fears Dr. Pretorious cheating on her… Oh my…

Exactly what are Brickhouse’s powers, anyway? Do you have something like an origin or statics to show us? Lord Prospero had already the Isthar experience, so I think this is not only a language expression, but that he must know what he’s talking about.

However, I love the “roleplaying” angle. Lord Prospero is going to enslave Brickhouse with a little roleplaying… oh, and the apparition of Queen of the Night? Between the shadows, of course!

Keep up the good work!
Hector2

Postby Mr. Cryptic » March 24th, 2012, 5:52 pm

Glad you're enjoying the twists and turns, Hector!

Brickhouse's powers are pretty straightforward. She is a mutant/metahuman with vast superstrength and invulnerability. It's not clear how strong and invulnerable she is, but beyond Sovereign's ability to measure when he attempted this in Victory CIty #3. I imagine her being similar to Superman in strength and invulnerabilty. So, she's one of the most powerful heroes alive, and possibly the strongest.

Her powers developed gradually as she trained her body. She basically trained herself to be strong like any athlete, but because of her mutation, the gains were vastly greater than most people would experience. I guess her specific mutant ability is not exactly superstrength, but an enhanced repectiveness to the gains associated with vigorous physical training.
Mr. Cryptic

Postby jrhcl2 » April 11th, 2012, 11:30 am

Hello Mr. Cryptic!! Just saw the new cover for Victory City# 26 , it is # 26, not # 25 right!! Looks like the next intallment is going to be very interesting!!! Looking forward to learning more about the queen of the night. 8-) C.L.
jrhcl2

Postby Mr. Cryptic » April 14th, 2012, 8:09 am

As the both the Queen of the Night and Maria Jones make plans against Lord Prospero,
the villain himself ravishes Brickhouse, who falls more and more under his power!
See all the action in Victory City #26, in the MC Comix member's section now!
http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=33518
Mr. Cryptic

Re: Victory City: Lord Prospero saga

Postby Hector2 » April 18th, 2012, 10:13 pm

Dear Mr. Cryptic:

The last issue of Victory City was awesome! After some very sexy issues, we have an issue with high action and picking up other stories that were left hanging.

I loved the particular way the Night Queen interrogated Dr. Jurgen. And how she has discovered Properou’s plans… Does this mean that Dr. Jurgen has been cured from his condition? Is he free of his alter – Ego?

And just when Prospero has achieved his way with Brickhouse… he manages to be outsmarted notonly by the villains, but for the heroes: Maria Jones has discovered his involment with Brickhouse and is commanding the force that will take him down.

It’s very pleasant to see that Maria Jones really want to do her job as a spy. And to see that Paul Barnes, contrasting with Steve Trevor, is not a complete idiot. I think this wasy to explore Ishtar’s secret identity is great! Maria Jones is an action girl who maybe doesn’t need Ishtar to do her job, and that could be the greatest menace Ishtar has had.

Oh, and I love see all the team again! But I have a question: Pitbull, relentless Mutan Huntress. Is there something like a prejudice against mutants, like in the Marvel Universe?
Hector2

Postby Mr. Cryptic » April 19th, 2012, 11:07 am

Glad you you enjoyed it, Hector!

Prospero has cast a spell that prevents Razorwolf from emerging. So, he's not necessarily cured permanently.

I'm not sure if I'd say Prospero was outsmarted. He possibly should have gotten Brickhouse to switch off her transponder sooner. On the other hand, who says he's afraid of a group of superheroines coming to him? :twisted: Prospero has shot from being a minor villain to a mastermind and he has inevitably drawn some attention to himself.

In the past, when Maria decided to pitch in and help the other heroes on a mission, she would usually become Ishtar. Now that she doesn't know that she can become Ishtar, she goes as herself. I mentioned earlier that I was inspired by a tale of the Golden Age Superman. Basically, the Wizard made Superman think he was just Clark Kent, and not Superman. But inside he was still a hero, so mild mannered Clark Kent suddenly became an aggressive crusading reporter, ferreting out corruption and exposing criminals. So that's basically what's happening with Maria.

With Pitbull, I meant to say that she is a mutant who is also a huntress (basically her mutant power makes her really good at tracking down and capturing people).

The whole issue of "mutants" is actually something I am trying to figure out. Until about six months ago, I considered the "Crypticverse" to be its own world, separate from Metrobay, etc. Now that I'm considering it as part of the larger HIP/MC Comix universe, there is a bit of a question of whether other characters with naturally occuring superpowers (e.g. Snowflake and Ms. Metrobay) are also "mutants." I used the word "mutant" based on the precedent set in Marvel and DC Comics. Doc Robo doesn't like using the word for Metrobay characters because he associated it with ugly deformed things (e.g. the Toxic Avenger), so it's not that sexy. Which is a fair point.

It may be that Victory City mutants are a distinct class of superhumans different from the metahumans you see in Metrobay, Liberty Grove, etc. It might also be that "mutant" is just a term applied to genetically empowered metahumans that is favored in VIctory City but not in Metrobay or Liberty Grove. That still has to be established.

Given that there does not appear to be a strong prejudice against superhumans in Metrobay, I figure there is not a generalized fear or prejudice against mutants in this universe. However, Ultra Maxima and other mutant supremacists are definitely causing fear of mutants within the normal population, so fear of mutants might become an issue at least in VIctory City in the future.

In the future, I will have a storyline that is all about mutants, and many of these questions will probably be answered then.
Mr. Cryptic

Postby Mr. Cryptic » April 19th, 2012, 11:11 am

Also, it was fun to show, for a change of pace, a female dominating a male (Queen of the Night and Jurgen) :) .
Mr. Cryptic

Postby jrhcl2 » April 21st, 2012, 9:33 pm

Hi Mr. Cryptic!! Nice installment !! The Action is starting to get really good. It will be interesting to see how Lord Prospero is going to deal with maria team of heroies and the Queen of the night forces! Now that he has found a heroine( Brickhouse) he can control and use her prana for magic. Does the team even have a chance of beating him with Brickhouse in his control, there is no one on Maria team that can match her power, but Ishtar,Maria doesn't know she is Ishtar. Lord Prospero doesn't have to fight the team, he can use Brickhouse to take them down, then use his magic to make them his slaves!!

I really don't know what Maria can offer to the team besides leadership, as Maria she has no powers, and cannot resist Propero magic. I can't see the team beating him, seem to me Lord Prospero will have the heroines he needs to invade the heavens!! These only question being about the Queen of the night forces, maybe they can defeat him, don't know if that a good thing sense she is evil!! It's no telling what she would use them for!! Looking Forward to the next Installment!!
C.L.
jrhcl2

Postby Mr. Cryptic » April 23rd, 2012, 8:47 pm

It's true that no one on the hero strike force is as strong or tough as Brickhouse, but they all have powers of their own. Brickhouse is not unbeatable (the Buzzard defeated her with just a trick cane). On the other hand, it's not clear how powerful Prospero is now that sex with Brickhouse has charged him up with power. We'll have to see what happens!
Mr. Cryptic

Postby Mr. Cryptic » May 13th, 2012, 4:26 am

Lord Prospero has used sex to make the heroine Brickhouse his slave!
But the other heroines are coming to rescue her!
Prospero has already neutralized Ishtar and dominated Brickhouse...
Do the ohter heroines have a chance to escape Prospero's seductive magic?
The battle joins in Victory City #27, in the MC Comix member section, now!

P.S. This update is NOT late! I think it is still May 12th on Midway Island...
in a parallel universe running a half hour behind our universe...

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=33518
Mr. Cryptic

Postby jrhcl2 » May 15th, 2012, 12:11 pm

Hello Mr. Cryptic!! The action is starting to get good!! Still don't think the strike force has a chance of beating Lord Prospero, Agent Beauty , Dr. Pretorius and his slave Brickhouse, i think the heroes are in way over their heads!! Maria Jones is providing what i thought she would provide leadership, but they really need the raw power she can give them as Ishtar!! It will be interesting to see how Lord Prospero enslaves the heroines.

Even if Maria Jones remember she is Ishtar and join the fight, still don't think the heroes can win, he beat Ishtar really easy, sexual magic is a very effected weapon against Ishtar!! I think the heroines are doomed!!! Why isn't Sovereign on the strike force team? They could use his brain power, maybe he can come up with a winning plan. They could also use his slave Ultar Maxima, Pitbull said no woman can resist Sovereign, Ultar can!! the only reason he was able to enslave her was with the help of Brickhouse (her mind link with Ultar) and Ishtar ( her magic).

Maybe she can resist Lord Prospero sexual magic, none of the heroines have shown that they can so far, Ishtar her alter ego Maria Jones,Ocelot woman and Brickhouse couldn't !! Who's willpower is stronger Ishtar or Ultar Maxima?? I made a guess early on that i think that the male members of the team and Ultar Maxima seems they could play a major part in saving the heroines, that just a guess.

Plus i think that Lord Prospero is going to try again to complete the Tantric sexual techique with Ishtar, you stated in a past forums the more powerful the female he beds the more magical power he gains, Ishtar is the worlds most powerful hero. He may try an catch her by surprise like he did the first time and put her under a spell of lust or he may prove he is more skillful at using magic than Ishtar is and just beat her in a battle of magic, again putting her under a spell of lust. I just think that Lord Prospero will try again to tap into Ishtar prana. I also don't think that the heroines can resist his sexual magic especially Ishtar!! Looking forward to the next update!!
C.L.
jrhcl2

Postby Mr. Cryptic » May 17th, 2012, 1:09 am

Prospero does have a lot of advantages right now. I intended this comic to go a few pages longer, but time constraints forced me to cut it shorter than I wanted. We'll see a lot more next time!
Mr. Cryptic

Next

Return to Mr. Cryptic