Grime City Stories: The Lonely Man

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Doctor Robo!

Re: Grime City Stories: The Lonely Man

Postby Hector2 » January 16th, 2012, 11:18 pm

Dear Doctor Robo, Trishbot and Finister Foul:

The Lonely Man # 13 was everything I like from your comics and more: We have TORI, a sensual robot that has been created from the best parts of the most beautiful women in Metrobay, that is eager to comply with their function, and who manages to overpower MONA, an advanced new model, with her tongue. Incredible and sexy.

Then, TORI (you totally had fun with her acronym, didn’t you?) has a mean, dominant streak. She doesn’t seem to think very high of her companion robots. Given she is a new model just made five minutes ago, it’s understable. That LISA seemed a little eager to sacrifice MONA well functioning to test TORI abilities is somewhat disturbing, but well…

I loved page 12, this reminds me of Agents of DESIRE: The island of Ick, where we found that Agent Tawny was also a robot (or ginoid?). I love the design of the mechanism (please, please, make all the robots have great hair, because the valley is really hard to pass.
But my favorite part was page 15, when the three beauties attack (that is the word) TORI with her feminine wiles (and their tongues). Millions of pleasurable sensations! This reminded me about MECHANA and how she was tried to be obliterated about the same way by SENTIUS. It was a great tale!

LISA is impressed! She would be, without doubt, TORI will enjoy being a sex slave to Gilbert. Gilbert will enjoy it too, the few minutes before he had a cardiac arrests. Oh well, he will go with a smile!

No seriously, LISA is so dangerous as he is eagerly to obey, because for all things, she is not human. And I think this tale will develop in some twists before the end.

Thanks for this issue, it was my favorite. I cannot wait next issue.

Hector.
Hector2

Postby Doctor Robo » January 22nd, 2012, 2:53 pm

From Metrobay Comix, Doctor Robo, Finister Foul, and Trishbot proudly present chapter fourteen of “The Lonely Man” - exclusively at MCcomix.com!

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=42991

So far TORI has passed every test LISA has thrown at her, but can the so-called ‘ultimate companion’ doll satisfy three sexy women at the same time?

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... _itemId=22

For more information on Metrobay Comix and MCcomix.com, visit our Metrobay Encyclopedia wiki at http://metrobay.wetpaint.com/ or our deviantART page at http://metrobay-comix.deviantart.com/.
Doctor Robo

Re: The Drone Agenda: Convert Another

Postby MacroLass » January 23rd, 2012, 3:16 pm

Nice to see that someone thought ahead and put the governer on her behavior so she didn't get too full of herself.

It's nice to see them testing her out on the girls but frankly the BIG question will be if she's a suitable companion for Gilbert. <crosses fingers for a happy ending>
MacroLass

Postby Hector2 » January 28th, 2012, 7:40 pm

Dear Doctor Robo, Trishbot and Finister Foul:

The Lonely Man # 14 displays the old fear of robots overtrhowing humanity that it has been present in the minds of every pulp and sci-fi writer since Rossum… but the rest of us puny humans don’t fear that. We are very busy trying to figure out our VCR, DVD, Blue Ray player. Not to say anything of the cellphone, laptop, Ipad, Ipod, tablet, blueberry (or it was blackberry?)

Well, the point is: There is the clear menace of a TORI ready to conquer not only her sisterly robots, but maybe humanity? It was a good idea to include that tiny failsafe in her head.

I really enjoyed seeing TORI being rewarded and then thank herself all her donators. And I really enjoyed seeing LISA getting the upper hand with the failsafe, but the question remains, It’s TORI really capable of handling poor Peto’s pleasure without killing him?

This was an enjoyable issue, thank you for all!

Oh yes, some questions, Who is Madame Zorzima? Is the East India trading company still working after all those centuries? What does mean the number 58008?

And in a note, I think the idea of a “failsafe” that consists in a “surge of submissiveness that washes over” a robot is the best idea LISA or anyone else will have. I strongly suggest a story when this failsafe is installed in MECHANA. Please?

Hector.
Hector2

Re: The Drone Agenda: Convert Another

Postby Doctor Robo » February 5th, 2012, 11:11 pm

MacroLass wrote:Nice to see that someone thought ahead and put the governer on her behavior so she didn't get too full of herself.

It's nice to see them testing her out on the girls but frankly the BIG question will be if she's a suitable companion for Gilbert. <crosses fingers for a happy ending>

I think everything will turn out ok in the end. Gilbert is a decent guy who has done a couple of bad things in his life, things he is not proud of. It's time something good happened to him for once.

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » February 5th, 2012, 11:24 pm

Hector2 wrote:And I really enjoyed seeing LISA getting the upper hand with the failsafe, but the question remains, It’s TORI really capable of handling poor Peto’s pleasure without killing him?

This was an enjoyable issue, thank you for all!

Oh yes, some questions, Who is Madame Zorzima? Is the East India trading company still working after all those centuries? What does mean the number 58008?

Hi Hector. I am happy that you have enjoyed these recent issues. I am sorry it has taken me so long to respond to your comments. I'll try to answer a couple of your questions now.

1) I think TORI learned her lesson rather quickly at the hands of LISA. Could her independent streak flare up again? Perhaps. She does have a touch or Omega Woman's personality inside her, after all...

2) In the interest of complete honesty, Madame Zorzima and the East India Co. were just the names on the stores that came with the scenery. We didn't feel the need to change them. That's not to say we won't use them down the road, but for now there's no deeper meaning.

3) 58008? Heh. Type it on a calculator and turn it upside down. :P

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » February 5th, 2012, 11:25 pm

From Metrobay Comix, Doctor Robo, Finister Foul, and Trishbot proudly present chapter fifteen of “The Lonely Man” - exclusively at MCcomix.com!

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=43351

Well, the time has come. TORI has seemingly passed every test LISA has thrown at her. Now it’s time for the FINAL exam, meeting her new master!

Will Gilbert Petto be smitten by this ultimate companion doll, created specifically with him in mind? Or will her unique looks be too much for the kindly old Dollmaker to bear? Find out in this week’s edition of “The Lonely Man”, only at MCcomix!

For more information on Metrobay Comix and MCcomix.com, visit our Metrobay Encyclopedia wiki at http://metrobay.wetpaint.com/ or our deviantART page at http://metrobay-comix.deviantart.com/.
Doctor Robo

Postby Hector2 » February 10th, 2012, 10:13 pm

Dear Doc Robo and Finister Foul:

After the sexually action packed last two issues, this issue is most talkative, high in exposition. However, this exposition is very interesting, who will have thought that Mr. Petto will know Mr. Wellington? I assume he is Pink Pussycat Parent, Isn’t he?

But then, I insist that there is a sense of menace about TORI. Is that my new master, LISA? That doesn’t sound reassuring, I tell you. I fear the classic twist of the robots rebelling against their masters (and given that their masters are humans, who can blame them?)

However, at least he doesn’t die of a heart attack when he meet a robot with the face of his old love… and other characteristics… and judging by the bulge in his pajamas, Mr. Petto approves of her. I only hope that the peril of a heart attack would not present itself in next issue.

A great issue, thank you!

PD. How could I not see 500808 clue? I'm hopeless.

Hector.
Hector2

Postby MacroLass » February 11th, 2012, 8:34 am

Hector2 wrote:However, this exposition is very interesting, who will have thought that Mr. Petto will know Mr. Wellington? I assume he is Pink Pussycat Parent, Isn’t he?

No. If this is the same Mr. Wellington, Gilbert's friend is J. Walter Wellington III, husband of Delilah/Trixtress and father of Pristina/Babydoll. It's not stated (at least as far as I know) how Walter met Kaitlin Sinclair/PP, merely that she was an "unknown" to Metrobay's power elite when he willed Wellington Towers to her. I could actually see that as Walter's (as in Walt Disney?) vision for Metrobay was not as twisted as the other members of R.O.P.E. and might well have been drawn to other philanthropists/visionaries like Gilbert.

Hector2 wrote:But then, I insist that there is a sense of menace about TORI. "Is that my new master, LISA?" That doesn’t sound reassuring, I tell you. I fear the classic twist of the robots rebelling against their masters (and given that their masters are humans, who can blame them?)

The vibe *I* got off of that was more of a child-like sense of wonder, a response to a flood of pre-programmed emotions that are designed to simulate love as best as the machines (and her donors) can give. After all, this is the FIRST man she's ever actually seen and one that her mind tells here is going to be the most important person in her hopefully long life. Then again, I might be projecting *my* expectations for the character onto her.

Hector2 wrote:However, at least he doesn’t die of a heart attack when he meet a robot with the face of his old love… and other characteristics… and judging by the bulge in his pajamas, Mr. Petto approves of her. I only hope that the peril of a heart attack would not present itself in next issue.

Well he's still got some sorting out to do about it. Perhaps his BODY is excited by the incredibly sexy toy that's been presented to him but I'm sure intellectually that he's got a bit of mental gymnastics to do before he can come to have positive feelings (not to mention love) for Tori.
MacroLass

Postby Doctor Robo » February 12th, 2012, 8:36 pm

From Metrobay Comix, Doctor Robo, Finister Foul, and Trishbot proudly present chapter sixteen of “The Lonely Man” - exclusively at MCcomix.com!

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=43814

While Gilbert and his new companion doll TORI get to know each other more intimately in Gilbert’s bedroom, LISA has plenty of time to think about her own life during her ride back to Superheroine Squad Headquarters. So when she and Ted have a heart-to-processor chat about their relationship, she surprises him with something he thought he’d never hear again. So what does she say to him? You’ll find out in the next to last chapter of “The Lonely Man”, only at MCcomix.com!

Doctor Robo

Postby hypno85 » February 12th, 2012, 9:03 pm

I was just thinking where is the Crissy doll?
why did she come out and have sex with TROI doll?
will we get a cat fight with TROi doll and MONA doll
I'm start to heat up :lol:
hypno85

Postby Hector2 » February 13th, 2012, 12:47 pm

Hi there Doc Robo, Finister Foul and Trishbot!

Issue # 16 was awesome, the first five pages had everything I look forward for MC: A deliciously strong woman – er, robot – completely submissive and yet sexually aggressive, claiming eternal loyalty to his master. Those pages were incredible cool.

Then again, a new twist: What would MONA do now that TORI is recognized by Mr. Peto as a better lover? Unquestionably, in this universe robots are sentient beings, so what she will do? What would happen? Is Mr. Peto in peril? Will we see an incredibly robot fight? Or a trio?

My imagination boggled, then we saw LISA talking to Dr. Twiss about… love? Is this possible?

Lets elaborate: LISA is a robot, she must obey (she always says that). She will search for a master. Ted Twiss was disponible. Is that love, or simply her programming? What about all this saga? It was all an intent to develop true feelings, or only following her programming?

Now about Ted and Mr. Peto. They both are lonely. But Mr. Peto once had a normal human relationship (you know, a relationship where the other isn’t obliged to obey you). Now she has a lover that is not a person, is a robot. Could she consider TORI a thing or a sentient being or a human? And what about MONA?

Lets see Ted: He had expressed fear to have relationships with robots, like he can’t handle a relationship with another human. Given his last relationships were with an enslaved Alpha Woman and with Belinda Giolla, I would say that a robot is a step in the right direction. Ted and Peto can understand robots as sentients being, and there is a lot of themes that you could explore in this comic. It’s almost a shame that it will finish next issue.

Thanks for all your efforts!

Hector.
Hector2

Postby Doctor Robo » February 14th, 2012, 4:25 am

hypno85 wrote:I was just thinking where is the Crissy doll?
why did she come out and have sex with TROI doll?
will we get a cat fight with TROi doll and MONA doll
I'm start to heat up :lol:

We showed earlier in the story that SARA (the Crissy doll) has been deactivated by Gilbert. I guess he only has the time and energy for one doll at a time. I wonder what could mean for MONA...

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » February 14th, 2012, 4:31 am

Hector2 wrote:Now about Ted and Mr. Peto. They both are lonely. But Mr. Peto once had a normal human relationship (you know, a relationship where the other isn’t obliged to obey you). Now she has a lover that is not a person, is a robot. Could she consider TORI a thing or a sentient being or a human? And what about MONA?

Lets see Ted: He had expressed fear to have relationships with robots, like he can’t handle a relationship with another human. Given his last relationships were with an enslaved Alpha Woman and with Belinda Giolla, I would say that a robot is a step in the right direction. Ted and Peto can understand robots as sentients being, and there is a lot of themes that you could explore in this comic. It’s almost a shame that it will finish next issue.

Thanks for all your efforts!

Thanks Hector! You nailed it - "The Lonely Man" refers to both Gilbert AND Ted. I wanted to draw parallels between these two friends and scientific geniuses, yet highlight some of their differences. Hopefully we can explore more of this story down the road if you all are interested in reading it.

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » February 20th, 2012, 5:15 am

From Metrobay Comix, Doctor Robo, Finister Foul, and Trishbot proudly present the final chapter (#17) of “The Lonely Man” - exclusively at MCcomix.com!

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=43818

And so our story comes to an end – for now. Gilbert has a renewed life ahead of him with his new companion doll TORI, and Ted has a decision to make regarding LISA’s recent revelation that she is in love with him. Before he can say a word, she is determined to show him exactly how much affection she has for him, and perhaps he’ll eventually come to feel the same way!

I’d like to take a moment to thank each and every one of our loyal readers, who followed along with our story the past few months and took the time to let us know what you think of it. I’d also like to offer my sincerest appreciation to my longtime partner in comic book crime Finister Foul for his fantastic artwork, and to my good friend Trishbot for her unmatched lettering and special effects expertise. Thanks again everyone!

Doctor Robo

PreviousNext

Return to Doctor Robo