So Long and Thanks for all the Fish

Discuss "Maxine Midnight" and other stories with Drake!

So Long and Thanks for all the Fish

Postby The_Drake » September 29th, 2011, 3:17 pm

It has been a pretty mad year for me. Between pushing my professional career to new heights, being a good father and husband, running my own fetish site, starting a non-fetish webcomic, teaching martial arts part time, and doing comics for MCCOMIX, I am stretched pretty thin.

Rather than snap (or explode like the unfortunate Mr. Creosote) I needed to step back some of my activities and regain some semblance of balance. Unfortunately one of the things that I had to sacrifice was my MCCOMIX work.

It has been a lot of fun producing comics here; I hadn't done a lot of mind control themed fetish work before, and it has broadened my horizons - even as I introduced several of my own favourite fetishes into the mix.

I do intend to complete the current arc on Maxine Midnight - though the when is going to be subject to several delays. I will let the community know the when and where of it at the time. Maxine was created specifically for MCCOMIX; and has a special place in my heart - as I love the pulp genre that spawned her two-fisted adventures.

It has been a pleasure to see my work alongside the other fine artists at MCCOMIX; it is amazing how much depth the Metro-bay world has; it is one thing to produce sexy comics; to produce such a vibrant, interconnected world, shows a level of dedication that is both wonderful and humbling. It is much, much, harder to do than it looks; and that demonstrates the love and care that the MCOMMIX writers and artists put into their work.

Thanks to all of you who have supported MCCOMIX; and provided your feedback and kind words of encouragement and praise. No artist is ever to self-actualized that they do not enjoy feedback of that sort.

So it is goodbye, though not adieu - I will still be hanging around the forums to see what is going on in the community.

Warmest Regards
Drake
The_Drake

Re: So Long and Thanks for all the Fish

Postby leto17 » September 30th, 2011, 8:58 am

Best of luck, buddy! Hope things can, in the future, work out so you can come back. If not, I'm sure I'll like the other stuff you do elsewhere! Bye bye!
leto17

Re: So Long and Thanks for all the Fish

Postby Hector2 » October 5th, 2011, 7:17 pm

Good bye Drake!

Your idea of combining two fisted tales with erotic comics was pure genius, it was obvious you were a fan who was enjoying writing Maxine Midnight and I wish you success in anything you begin!

So, I hope to read about you from time to time in the forums.

Thanks for everything

Hector2
Hector2

Return to Drake