Aug 30 Update - Tales of the Entirely Unexpected 01

Discuss "Maxine Midnight" and other stories with Drake!

Aug 30 Update - Tales of the Entirely Unexpected 01

Postby The_Drake » August 30th, 2011, 2:24 am

You are traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind... either that or those fish tacos are not agreeing with you.

This isn't that dimension.

You are traveling through a dimension of sex and mind control, where gorgeous women are stripped of volition, and then stripped. Not necessarily in that order. All manner of strange and wonderful creatures abound; Aliens, genies, librarians and trapezoids. These are the Tales of The Entirely Unexpected.

Today Dixie and her friend Ellie are discussing the possibility of extraterrestrial life while walking on a deserted, country, back road. Soon they discover the answer to their question, but it is not an answer they are comfortable with. Women are abducted, bottoms are probed, minds are controlled, and the author shoehorns in dozens of genre references.

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=28649
The_Drake

Re: Aug 30 Update - Tales of the Entirely Unexpected 01

Postby MacroLass » August 31st, 2011, 12:19 pm

I was amused...though a South Park reference or two wouldn't have been out of line... :D

http://www.youtube.com/embed/3NQ3kXLKfDM
MacroLass

Postby leto17 » August 31st, 2011, 1:05 pm

Awsome! Sexy and Funny. There's a need for more aliens in MC and the like! Thanks a bunch!
leto17

Postby tomcat » September 2nd, 2011, 10:20 am

Aw, amazing. ^.^
Indeed a fresh breeze of something completely else :D
tomcat

Postby Hector2 » September 11th, 2011, 5:59 pm

Hi there Drake!
So, this idea of an anthology of erotic comics is… revolutionary? I don’t know what to think, but I remember that The Twilight Zone was awesome and I think that seeing the same characters in different situations is interesting… (I assume there will be the same characters because the next issue has Dixie in the library (At least I think it’s her).
The sonic transducer and the Molecular Plyvinyl Interociter are excellent ideas, and even more the idea of immobilize two women in the act so they can enjoy forever (something I have seen in the ASFR site).
So let’s see: I recognize very few references (sniff): The Twilight Zone, The night the earth stood still, Encounter of the third kind, Southpark, Marvin the Martian and Space Ghost… or maybe Flatland?
I am sad to realize that I haven’t been able to recognize more of those references… if you cannot demonstrate talent in worthless pop culture references, what is the meaning of life?
Hector.
Hector2

Postby The_Drake » September 24th, 2011, 12:34 pm

Thanks for the feedback on the new series - I put it together because ... well... in a lot of ways it is easier.

Doing a longer term comic like Maxine Midnight takes a lot of skull sweat - continuity of characters - introducing certain plot elements in the proper sequence, laying the ground for future adventures, designing characters that will work in longer term arcs. Not to mention overall world building and all that goes with it.

Tales was meant to be, and is in some ways, much easier - simple sequential storytelling, with no worries about continuity - other than make it strange, erotic and mind...controlly.

Here is the cheat sheer for the genre references in issue 01.

Page-01 - Happiness is a warm probe - self explanatory
Page-02 - The new-age aliens-as-teachers rather than aliens as extra terrestrial perverts argument. Klaatu Barada Naked a paraphrase of the classic line from The Day the Earth Stood Still
Page 03 - Sudden unexpected teleportation (Heavy Metal the Movie)
Page 05 - Yes - it is all about bottoms.
Page 06 - Sir Mixalot - and the influence of the naughty alien sketch by the comedy troupe 'The Frantics'
Page 08 - Metaluna Minimus - This Island Earth
Page 11 - the Interociter - fallback for all alien science do-dads, originally from This Island Earth
Page 12 - The Sonic Transducer - The Rocky Horror Picture Shoew of course - the Transducer will seducer!
Page 16 - The Brak Aware (This Island Earth Again - there is also a Brak award for visible panty lines...)
The_Drake

Return to Drake