Golden Opportunity

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Trishbot!

Re: Golden Opportunity

Postby begbie_rentonspud » September 23rd, 2011, 3:45 pm

*drool*

-Begbie_Rentonspud
begbie_rentonspud

Postby mns_95125 » September 23rd, 2011, 4:47 pm

Even worse still, if he asks the right questions of his girlfriend, now that there's no 'control' or voice of safety from Enchantress to call a halt to the proceedings, and Goldwing starts spilling their secret identities..Oh Boy!! Things would not be looking good for our heroines! (Or The Superheroine Squad either, if any more of them get involved and the boyfriend plays the hand fates dealt him smartly enough.. :mrgreen: )

It might be more entertaining if he didn't discover the ladies' true identities... at first. Suppose he were to tell "Miss Chantrese" to go out and hypnotize some of her 'hot friends' and tell them to come to him. Imagine his surprise when some superheroine shows up on his doorstep. First thought: Oh crap, I'm busted. And then... :-)
mns_95125

Postby Tecknophyle » September 23rd, 2011, 10:10 pm

steverogers5 wrote:And given the Golden Opportunity of the title that he's just been presented with, it might take someone of a high moral fortitude to not give into their darkest desires, if they think there won't be any consequences to it..

I so want Ted Twiss, who has become one of the most moral characters around, show up to save the day.
Tecknophyle

Postby Graham » September 24th, 2011, 2:23 am

steverogers5 wrote:Well we don't know much about this guy. He may have a villainous background, (maybe he's a member of R.O.P.E :twisted: ) in which case the girl's are in serious trouble.
Oh, I do hope not. That would be rather boring. We have so been there and done that.

I'd much rather him remain an ordinary guy, if a bit of a jerk. Willing to take advantage of the opportunity handed to him, but not an outright villain when the chips come down.
Graham

Postby steverogers5 » September 24th, 2011, 3:44 am

mns_95125 wrote:
Even worse still, if he asks the right questions of his girlfriend, now that there's no 'control' or voice of safety from Enchantress to call a halt to the proceedings, and Goldwing starts spilling their secret identities..Oh Boy!! Things would not be looking good for our heroines! (Or The Superheroine Squad either, if any more of them get involved and the boyfriend plays the hand fates dealt him smartly enough.. :mrgreen: )

It might be more entertaining if he didn't discover the ladies' true identities... at first. Suppose he were to tell "Miss Chantrese" to go out and hypnotize some of her 'hot friends' and tell them to come to him. Imagine his surprise when some superheroine shows up on his doorstep. First thought: Oh crap, I'm busted. And then... :-)

That's yet another interesting story avenue that could come out of this! 8-)
steverogers5

Postby steverogers5 » September 24th, 2011, 3:51 am

Graham wrote:
steverogers5 wrote:Well we don't know much about this guy. He may have a villainous background, (maybe he's a member of R.O.P.E :twisted: ) in which case the girl's are in serious trouble.
Oh, I do hope not. That would be rather boring. We have so been there and done that.

I'd much rather him remain an ordinary guy, if a bit of a jerk. Willing to take advantage of the opportunity handed to him, but not an outright villain when the chips come down.

I get what you're saying. But then that in itself might be a little too similar to Marvin Quimby. And maybe that story's too recent to emulate again so soon. (Though having said that, Marvin did end up joining with Max. And there's no reason why this story would have to go down that route. Heck, he could always do something similar to Lorenzo Trance activities when fate handed him a hypnotized superheroine, and Lorenzo wanted it all for himself..)
steverogers5

Postby Akonkid » September 24th, 2011, 9:44 am

Graham wrote:

It says in the first issue that Shawn is "Shawn MacGilleycuddy" and the brother of police officer Maggie MacGilleycuddy.

So, think about THAT. One part of that family is a selfless crimefighter; the other is a bit of a perv with a hypno fetish whose dating a superheroine without realizing it.

I think there's potential there for a LOT of conflict.
If she would just do what I asked, I wouldn't need to use mind control!
Akonkid

Postby dumbtime » September 24th, 2011, 3:35 pm

Akonkid wrote:
Graham wrote:

It says in the first issue that Shawn is "Shawn MacGilleycuddy" and the brother of police officer Maggie MacGilleycuddy.

So, think about THAT. One part of that family is a selfless crimefighter; the other is a bit of a perv with a hypno fetish whose dating a superheroine without realizing it.

I think there's potential there for a LOT of conflict.

Who cares about all that crap. I wanna see what one Hypnotized Superheroine does to the other Hypnotized Superheroine. Stop trying to make me think. :P LOL
I've been looking forward to a scenario like this for a very long time.
dumbtime

Postby Hector2 » October 12th, 2011, 7:23 pm

Hi there!

I for one like a comic that makes you think ;) for example: Shawn is a real jerk, but Goldwing has dark urges herself: she manipulated Ylarra and now is trying to enslave her. And Enchantress is discovering herself bothered by her own amorality, like: “I really must feel something about this. I feel nothing, but I really should do it”.

Also Trishbot, I want to congratulate you, Ylarra has never seen so beautiful in his uniform like you depict her in normal clothes. She is gorgeous.

Hector2.
Hector2

Postby Trishbot » October 20th, 2011, 3:59 pm

Just a head's up, guys. I had a massive computer failure that's set me back a few days. It appears to be fixed, and I'm working on a comic right now, but it may be a few days late. Thanks for the patience! I'll be sure to keep you all posted as things develop!
Trishbot

Postby kanyon » October 22nd, 2011, 10:45 am

I just read this story and I must say it's my favorite. I love the idea of a jerk taking advantage of the situation and letting his vulgar behaviour shine trough. I hope you decide to continue this series because I'm on the edge of my seat wanting to see the "hypnotist" get put in her place for trying to stop the fun. Keep up the great work, you are a master storyteller and a true artist of the genre.
kanyon

Postby Tecknophyle » October 25th, 2011, 10:33 am

Hector2 wrote:Hi there!
IAnd Enchantress is discovering herself bothered by her own amorality, like: “I really must feel something about this. I feel nothing, but I really should do it”.

It's called Becoming the Mask: spend enough time pretending (or at least acting) like something you aren't, you start really being that something.
Tecknophyle

Postby jarlaxxle » December 18th, 2011, 4:30 pm

Hey Trish, love the Golden Op. can't wait for the next issue. Your fantastic!
jarlaxxle

Postby Trishbot » January 19th, 2012, 9:40 am

Hey everyone! The finale of "Golden Opportunity" is finally here! So, what's in store for our damsels in distress?

Poor Goldwing. She just wanted to do something nice for her boyfriend and give him a pleasant surprise. How could she ever know that her good intentions would backfire so badly? And poor Enchantress. She just wanted to do something nice for her friend and make her happy. She couldn't have realized her magic would've had that effect on them both. But now both friends are mindlessly enslaved to obey their new master, and Goldwing's boyfriend Shawn finds himself stuck in a room with two beautiful, fully obedient women that are just dying to do any last single thing he says or desires. Will Shawn try and help them out, or will he be unable to resist this golden opportunity? Find out in "Golden Opportunity" Issue 3, only at MCComix!

See the conclusion here: http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=34745

Thanks for reading guys! And thanks for supporting MCComix!

I'll be back soon with a brand new story!
Trishbot

Postby mns_95125 » January 19th, 2012, 10:57 pm

That was a nice little self-contained story. I was afraid it was going to turn into another sprawling epic, but you wrapped it up quick and tight. Well done. Although perhaps I'm speaking too quickly in calling it 'self-contained' -- I noticed that Shawn didn't program Goldwing and Enchantress to respond to their trigger phrases only when he says them. That might not be too big a deal for Goldwing, but how long do you think Enchantress can go without someone calling her a crazy bitch? ;)
mns_95125

PreviousNext

Return to Trishbot