Free comic "Metrobay Chronicles - Body Image"

Discuss the "League of Liberty" and other stories with Akonkid!

Free comic "Metrobay Chronicles - Body Image"

Postby Akonkid » May 5th, 2010, 11:16 pm

Hey everyone! I'm very pleased to announced that "Metrobay Chronicles - Body Image" is available for your viewing pleasure free of charge in the Free Gallery!

I personally am very excited about this comic, as it marks my first full foray into the Metrobay Universe, starring my personal favorite character from it, and my first time collaborating with fellow writer and real-life girlfriend, Trishbot! So, what's all that mean? A great comic chock full of action, drama, mind control, and sexy fun!

Metrobay heroine Valient Grrl is having a tough week. She's assaulted by supervillains, harassed by the paparazzi, criticized by the public, and undermined by her own teammates. Feeling the need to validate her own sense of self-worth, Valient Grrl accepts a generous offer to appear as the cover girl in the popular "Metro Men's Magazine". But not everyone is happy the curvy crimefighter is going to be centerfold of the month, and while Valient Grrl can beat the biggest and meanest foes Metrobay has to offer, does she have the grace and skill needed to be a successful model? Or will the good-intentioned heroine wind up in a world of embarrassment? Find out for FREE only at MCComix.com!

You can find the first chapter here:
http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=6027

My thanks to Doc and Fin for letting me play in their playground, Trishbot for the story and inspiration, and the fans for their continued support and feedback! Enjoy it, everyone!
If she would just do what I asked, I wouldn't need to use mind control!
Akonkid

Re: Free comic "Metrobay Chronicles - Body Image"

Postby mctek » May 6th, 2010, 12:20 am

just read your story, honestly you two should work together more akon! Nice start, eager to see more of such a great start to what i think is going to be an awesome comic. Kudos to Doc for letting this one be a free comic as well. won't say much right now, don't wanna spoil this first issue for ppl who haven't read it. Great work you two, can't wait for more.

MCtek~
mctek

Postby Northern Chill » May 6th, 2010, 11:59 am

A very nice start to this story....Valient is one of my favs as well and it'll be interesting to see where the plot takes her. As for the first chapter, the only real quibble I had with it is that Aria gave up far too fast in her confrontation. I know, most people just want to get to the MC part already but I do enjoy a bit of a side brawl as well.

Love the alliteration used in many parts of the text here and the newspaper article was a nice touch as well. Congrats to both of you, Akon and Trish, and I hope you do many stories together in the future.
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

"What does this story need?...more Franbot!!!"
Northern Chill

Postby Doctor Robo » May 6th, 2010, 12:51 pm

Northern Chill wrote:Love the alliteration used in many parts of the text here and the newspaper article was a nice touch as well. Congrats to both of you, Akon and Trish, and I hope you do many stories together in the future.

I agree with NC. The story premise is great, and I am looking forward to seeing how the photo shoot turns out. Poorly, I hope.

I loved a lot of the little details of this story. They made it clear to me that you both spent a lot of time working on this. The Daily Metro panel was fantastic - it is almost a page within a page. I loved how you visually portrayed Aria's "song", and I also love the fact that I now have my own road in Metrobay! :D

So, great job all around. Please keep up the good work!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby lordsomno » May 7th, 2010, 10:31 am

In my Champions game a few years back, we had a similar storyline with my character Violette.
lordsomno

Postby steverogers5 » December 19th, 2010, 3:42 am

Probably posting in the wrong thread here. (Apologies, as this is my first time commentating, I normally just lurk in the forums..) but in reading the latest Body Image, I just had to comment on how your work keeps getting better and better.

As I was viewing the 5th page of part 8, when I suddenly noticed with a start that even the wallpaper of Valient Girl's bedroom had slight (almost subliminal like) spirals on it. Wasn't sure if this was intentional in the sense of Hypnotica's power creating shadows of it, or just a neat little in joke about the nature of the stories even being reflected in the wallpaper of the heroines. But either way, it impressed the hell out of me that I keep finding little details like this in your artwork. That you don't just concentrate on the buxom sexiness of the heroines, (and this issue was incredibly hot, Love how amazing Valient Girl's looking these days..) but even add neat little touches to the settings as well.

In short just incredible artwork. Keep up the good work man!
steverogers5

Postby Trishbot » January 20th, 2011, 12:36 pm

steverogers5 wrote:Probably posting in the wrong thread here. (Apologies, as this is my first time commentating, I normally just lurk in the forums..) but in reading the latest Body Image, I just had to comment on how your work keeps getting better and better.

As I was viewing the 5th page of part 8, when I suddenly noticed with a start that even the wallpaper of Valient Girl's bedroom had slight (almost subliminal like) spirals on it. Wasn't sure if this was intentional in the sense of Hypnotica's power creating shadows of it, or just a neat little in joke about the nature of the stories even being reflected in the wallpaper of the heroines. But either way, it impressed the hell out of me that I keep finding little details like this in your artwork. That you don't just concentrate on the buxom sexiness of the heroines, (and this issue was incredibly hot, Love how amazing Valient Girl's looking these days..) but even add neat little touches to the settings as well.

In short just incredible artwork. Keep up the good work man!

I've noticed this spirals too. They popped up in the newest issue with Alpha Woman visiting Iram as well! :D They're great little easter eggs to look for.
Trishbot

Postby Hector2 » May 10th, 2011, 8:23 pm

Hi there Trishbot!

First of all, Finister told me that the idea of Pink Pussycat getting a maid was yours! Congratulations! It was awesome.

About your tale, has ever been Hypnoca in control of her powers once? Every time seems she cannot control them and in fact, her power control her. Just look at his perilous situation and the best she can do is setting Alpha Woman with another guy.

But my favorite part was when Leo and Teo team up to handle Valient Grrl. They also chew more than they can swallow. And of course, the very special part: Cleo has powers! I didn't see that coming. If Cleo has powers, why to associate with Teo and Leo?

Keep the good work!

Hector 2
Hector2

Postby Hector2 » July 27th, 2011, 10:54 pm

Hi Trishbot and AkonKid!

When I see Body Image 14 for the first time, I tought: Oh my! Hipnotica is pulling her weight and actually is fighting Valient Grrl! Amazing.

Well, that was not the entire truth of course, but Hipnotica is only beginning his career as a superheroine and it would have been unjust to expect that level of coolness of her already.

What really strikes me of this issue is how smug Cleo is: Instead of fighting the heroines, she seems to be toying with them. That makes me thing her power is so great that she can afford to make fun of her enemies: The way she takes Alpha Woman is smug and sexy.

And now the question: What is Cleo wearing? Or is a shadow in his body? I don’t understand if she is naked and with a shadow or something, could you explain it to me?

Thank you, this story rocks

Hector 2
Hector2

Postby Trishbot » July 28th, 2011, 8:46 pm

Hector2 wrote:And now the question: What is Cleo wearing? Or is a shadow in his body? I don’t understand if she is naked and with a shadow or something, could you explain it to me?

Thank you, this story rocks

Hector 2

Glad you're liking it!

To answer your question, Cleo is nude, but her powers are casting a shadowy form across her body to mimic clothing. She could peel those "shadows" back with her mind if she wanted to. It's literally a "dark aura" coming from her body now that she's stopped pretending to be "normal".
Trishbot

Postby Hector2 » July 30th, 2011, 9:09 pm

Thanks for answering me so soon Trishbot!

Naturally, this answer only sets more questions: Just who (and what) is Cleo? Is she supernatural? I think so, because those “dark aura” powers you mentioned.

Also, her personality is so cool! She was capable of maintaining the charade of working with Theo and Leo for years, while she evidently was the guy moving the strings!

Only look at the way she cruelly manipulates Valient Grrl and Hipnotica, you need to be a very good villain to be so cruel, and a very wicked villain to distract Alpha Woman’s attempts to help Hipnotica.

I can’t believe that Cleo is only an agent for someone else, like she claims to be. She is too cool and manipulative to be only acting in behalf of a client. Given the nature of her powers, I could only think about Gothika (expert in magic, completely evil, commanding presence) or Ophidian (immortal mage and scientist who already has seen everything).

I think Cleo is a breakthrough villain. I really think she can handle the very furious Valient Grrrl without problems. I am anxious to see the rest of this tale.

Hector2.
Hector2

Postby sohta123 » August 10th, 2011, 3:40 pm

Like the cover for issue #16.
Any possibility of seeing the opposite mix?
sohta123

Postby tomcat » August 14th, 2011, 10:15 am

WOW
I just have to say Thank You
The last episode made all those years of membership worth the loyalty >.<
Well, I'm kidding. There are many stories that I am fond of, but...

WOW. :)
tomcat

Postby Hector2 » August 17th, 2011, 10:26 pm

Hello Trishbot and Akonkid!

I must agree with Tomcat, this last episode really express all that MC comix is about!

Cleo claiming Kristen is afraid is one thing, but calling her stupid shows how sure she is of herself. And by this time, Kristen must have known that this enemy is different from the ones she has fought before.

But I think Kristen really is having a hard time tried to think, looking how complete control Cleo has over her friends. I loved the part where Cleo claims to have fought another “Valiant” girls in the past. Could you show us a flashback or something?

The part I don’t get is the shame. Kristen loves all his teammates. I know I do. I can understand his need of dominating Mechana, of protecting Hypnotica (that gal has psychopathic tendencies) and having “fun” with Snowflake (my favorite!). The part I don’t understand is Belinda, of all people, Kristen must have had enough of her.

The way Cleo has of tormenting Kristen by her own emotions is truly epic. The idea of the heroines lost in their own lust is certainly arousing. The last scenes showing us Kristen utterly defeat (and the unhelping Hipnotica) were great! I don’t know how you will top this scenes, but I am anxious to see next issue!
Hector2
Hector2

Postby tomcat » September 8th, 2011, 2:28 pm

Oh my, now, THAT'S a great start! :D >.<

This story is really one of the treasures of MCcomix. I think it helped both Valient Grrl and Hypnitica to the upmost parts of my personal chart, too.
So thank you and Trishbot for whole this amazing ride.
tomcat

Next

Return to Akonkid