Grime City Stories: Thief in the Night

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Doctor Robo!

Re: Grime City Stories: Thief in the Night

Postby Doctor Robo » May 22nd, 2011, 12:34 pm

Hector2 wrote:Hi there Doctor Robo
I’m sorry, this comment is for issue 1: When I saw it, I was kicking myself: Could you believe that I was thinking about the end of “The Bride”: “I bet that she was going to be kidnapped or accidentally wakened and after a great saga, she will become one superheroine”.

If I had wrote that, now I could be bragging. Oh well.

I loved how Fifi was enslaved by Max with the control collar. That Max is an asshole, I love nothing more than to see him humiliated. Please make it happen, please.
And the other thing that loved (besides Fifi maid uniform) was seeing the powerful SuperFreak utterly submissive, a being of great power controlled by the collar, completely oblivious to everything. Man, that was cool, I loved her expression at page 5 and 6.

About Fifi’s maid uniform… well, It’s just that I love the uniform… the “most presentable” version is so great! The mob – cap, the apron, the size of the skirt, the stockings… all perfect.

Hey… Max is humiliated at page 08, that’s what I call fast service! Thank you sir!

And then Max discovering Voltarra, it was magic. Her uniform remember me of the White Queen, Emma Frost, of Marvel. My favorite character!

Awww, poor, poor Doogan. He’s married to a working woman. The problem with marrying a doctor is that you have no much chance to your social life, including going to visit those Grrrl Power Bimbos, maybe we can see them visiting them later?

Well, Shelley carrying Voltara is a vision. I’m only waiting to Gothika to know. It will be great!

Thanks for your work!

Hector 2

Hi Hector. Probably the best thing about creating this universe is that over time we really get a chance to develop the characters, and make them seem more like 'real' people. Max is a perfect example of that. We can almost anticipate how he would react to a situation, and see if he will hold true to form or be surprised when he acts our of character. I think you're seeing both of those in "Thief in the Night".

It's also a lot of fun to be able to utilize many characters in one story, even if it's in a small cameo like Doogan's. Had Finister not created him years ago, and then fleshed him out with the addition of his wife Dr. Havishaw-Tinker, then his cameo in this story could never have happened. That's one of the many upsides to having these talented writers and artists working together in a common setting.

I'm glad that you are enjoying the story. Please keep the comments coming!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » May 22nd, 2011, 8:38 pm

From the pages of MCcomix.com, Doctor Robo and Finister Foul proudly present “Grime City Stories: Thief in the Night” chapter three!

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=24143

Max Indeks hasn’t become the richest and most powerful businessman in Metrobay on accident. He is ruthless, conniving, and ALWAYS gets what he wants. Now Max has set his eyes on a prize that even he knows he should leave well enough alone. But, he can’t. It’s just not in his nature. So he takes what he thinks should be his, consequences be damned. But what if the prize doesn’t want him? How far will he go, and what powerful foes will he piss off in the process?

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... _itemId=22

For more information on Metrobay Comix, visit our Metrobay Encyclopedia wiki at http://metrobay.wetpaint.com/ or our deviantART page at http://metrobay-comix.deviantart.com/.
Doctor Robo

Postby leto17 » May 23rd, 2011, 7:46 am

Hello!

Ahhh Yess, "The Leto Office Complex" Now my secret life as a building developer and contractor has been revealed ;).

Voltara is Voltara...HOT as always! It's neat how since Max found her, she and her tremendous "assets" have popped up in strategic locations in almost every panel of the story without being redeundant (due to the presentation of her body from different angles), yet, at the same time, you've been able to develop a very interesting story, one of the most sophisticated and complex ones yet! Very skillful work-a supersexy prop, being showcased and an excellent story storyline too!

Take pages 30-31. We have Voltara who is super sexy, we have a sex scene with Max and an enslaved Fifi, we have Max's character as an unrelenting sex perv and nefarious goals for Voltara being revealed, and we have Ella arriving on the scene and reacting to it all. Plot, charcter, mind control and sex all in one, very concise yet detailed, and not a pastiche!

One New concept that introduced to the story was the idea of conflicting mind control impulses. Voltara still adores her Goddess Gothikka, which is not surprising given she was both built that way and Gothikka sealed it with a fangy "kiss". At the same time,she's now been programmed to obey Max. This has the potential to create some fascinating conflicts in the future if she has to "choose"between Max and Gothikka!

This also allowed us to see a bit of what was in Voltara's mind, which was also interesting. And, of coruse,there is Voltara's latent boob powers.

Finally, Voltara's eyes are...arresting, unorthodx, and beautiful in a very alien and exotic manner, to say the least. When she wakes up, you guys were really able to convey the idea that they had just popped open, startling Max. Excellent subtle work!

It was nice to see Ella, and the introduction of Fifi from a minor character to her new servant was awesome. Fifi strikes me as some poor innocent college girl made into a very delectable maid. She's very cute that way!

I always get a kick out of She-Freak's dialogue and manner: "mean witch, big boobie white girl," LOL! Plus "the easy way"-me carry you there!).

Havishaw and Doogan were nice to see (Havishaw-Havisham inspriation from Dickens?-altohugh Havishaw is alot hotter!)

I loved this episode alot. This story is one where I am pretty much content to sit back and see what unfolds, although I must state that I really hope that Gothikka can get what I think is her one true love,Voltara, back. Of course we will have to see if that is in fact the case in terms of Gothikka's feelings. I think it is, but oh well. If nothing else, I think if you compare Max's attitude (especially on page 30) with Gothikka's you'll find that Gothikka is clearly a better choice. I honestly don't think its pride with her-I think she just wanted a mate, albeit one she dominates, like in the classic Frankenstein story, one whom she can share pleasure with whenever she wakes up and engages in darkly erotic and sexy mischief!

Of course, we'll have to wait and see if my inferences are correct. Maybe Voltara will become a superheroine...Gothikka's reactions to that would be interesting, especially if she genuinely cares for Gothikka in her own twisted way as I posit. We'll have to see, though!

You just know when Gothikka wakes up and comes looking for Voltara, the Zom-Babes will probably be involved! AND Noctrissa and Spiderretta.That could create a conflict of Epic proportions within ROPE. I suspect the bigwigs will have to step in then and create a comprmise.

This opens up a new possibility of course. Instead of the superheroines versus the villians, a mind control fight AMONG the villians!

I just hope Gothikka does NOT get put back to sleep permanently if that happens and she loses; much better to have her just lose and swear to come back or even be controlled with the possibility she may break out.

Of course, it will be fun to see what Max, Vivian, and maybe the fembots like Dani, Ginger, and Fran will do with Voltara. Who knows, maybe poor Bambi will get some fun, too!

Thanks!
leto17

Postby steverogers5 » May 23rd, 2011, 11:08 am

Mmmm..Liking where this is going..Keep up the great work! :D :)
steverogers5

Postby Hector2 » May 25th, 2011, 10:07 pm

Hi there Doc Robo:

I love the first page: Voltara carried by Super Freak and Fifi with a more presentable costume. And Bambi, it was great.

Also loved the little glimpse of Dr. Tinker headquarters. Send in the clones! At least I hope these are clones.

But the best part, Max makes an ass of himself… again. Man, I cannot get enough of that… at seemingly, neither he.

BTW, I think Leto has some points: How will the villains decide who mind controls who? A duel to the death? A shared time? I propose the most terrible answer: With Lawyers!

Thanks!

Hector 2
Hector2

Postby Doctor Robo » May 26th, 2011, 9:34 pm

Hi folks. Thanks for the great comments! I'll try to reply as best I can.

Leto17: I'm surprised you didn't see your namesake office complex earlier. Check the first page of "Mesmerella"!

As you have no doubt noticed, Finister Foul is an absolute master of squeezing every drop of hotness out of every page. He doesn't let a single panel go to waste without making it mean something.

You're right when you mention the concept of dueling mind control impulses. We're going to explore that in various stories down the road. In fact, we teased it a little bit with Liz Trance at the end of "The Girl Next Door".

We are currently working on a plan for Gothikka. As you might suspect, she probably won't be pleased when she awakens to find out what has happened to her beloved bride.

SteveRogers5: Thanks! Anything in particular you enjoyed?

Hector2: From time to time we try to mix in other fantasies that may not fall in line with our own, in order to provide a little extra variety. I found examples of a 'carrying' fetish online and Finister was able to weave it into this story quite nicely.

As APEX's chief geneticist, it makes sense to me that Dr. Havishaw-Tinker would play a major role in the company's illicit cloning operation. I don't think she was mentioned explicitly in "Hypnotica", but that doesn't mean she wasn't involved in some manner.

Thanks again for sharing your opinions. Please keep them coming!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby steverogers5 » May 28th, 2011, 2:37 am

Doctor Robo wrote:Hi folks. Thanks for the great comments! I'll try to reply as best I can.

SteveRogers5: Thanks! Anything in particular you enjoyed?

- Doc

Well I enjoyed the previous Mesmerella story, so it was good to see her make an appearance again. And I liked the idea of combining science and sorcery in this story to make Voltara Max's slave. Gotta love that guy! (Certainly a lot of the heroines don't have any choice in that respect! :roll: ;) )

Keep up the great work! :)

SteveRogers5
steverogers5

Postby Hector2 » May 30th, 2011, 10:38 pm

Hi!

I loved your work and this last issue was great! It's great to see Mesmerella again! I was wondering what had happened to her since her last theater presentation. And seeing super Freak carrying her, that was super.

So Mesmerella is a free agent, and not an agent of the League of Villains (R.O.P.E). So anyone could mistreat her, because she is not protected by ROPE membership, am I right?

Poor Mesmerella must know better than to trust Max. Anyone must know better.

Well, just a silly question, who created Mesmererlla and Enchantress characters? I'm interested in doning a little fanfic with them... could you help me?

Thanks

Hector 2
Hector2

Postby Doctor Robo » May 31st, 2011, 10:23 am

Hector2 wrote:Well, just a silly question, who created Mesmererlla and Enchantress characters? I'm interested in doning a little fanfic with them... could you help me?

Finister Foul created Enchantress, and we created Mesmerella together. Feel free to email me at dr_robo@hotmail.com and let me know about your ideas!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Hector2 » May 31st, 2011, 9:55 pm

Hi Doc Robo

Thank you very much, just let me write my little fanfic and I will send it to you

Hector
Hector2

Postby Doctor Robo » June 6th, 2011, 1:14 pm

From the pages of MCcomix.com, Doctor Robo and Finister Foul proudly present “Grime City Stories: Thief in the Night” chapter four!

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=24557

Mesmerella has done her part to awaken Voltara from her enchanted slumber. Now Max Indeks has seen fit to offer Ella a reward, and the impish magician has set her sights on Max’s maid Fifi!

Meanwhile, Voltara is awake and ready to serve her new master. But Max is still in a good mood from his conquest, and wants the uptight Dr. Havishaw to relax and join in on the fun!

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... _itemId=22

For more information on Metrobay Comix, visit our Metrobay Encyclopedia wiki at http://metrobay.wetpaint.com/ or our deviantART page at http://metrobay-comix.deviantart.com/.
Doctor Robo

Postby leto17 » June 7th, 2011, 5:43 am

Hello.

I just want to state that I am estactic! I look forward to much more!

I would provide a more detailed response right now, but work and other obligations have me a bit busy. I'll get back to you later with a far more detailed response.

Yummy!
leto17

Postby bluemax2 » June 7th, 2011, 5:04 pm

Doc:
When is Gothika going to show up?
And will she be bringing her latex brides with stiff neck collars with her?

Love the series.
Keep it up.

regards,

bluemax
bluemax2

Postby MacroLass » June 7th, 2011, 5:07 pm

Yes, a good chapter.

I hope if (when) we see Fifi again, Mesmerella does something unique with her...not necessarily just BE (which is nice but we don't really need more Ms. Metrobay competitors) but maybe some kind of magical transformation, like a demoness or a genie stored in a bottle. We see a lot of technology with APEX and Ted Twiss being prominent, magic is a nice little "treat" that's a bit different.

I admit to being a bit disappointed that Ms. Havershim-Doogan succumbed to Voltara's charms, though I'm sure I'm in the minority there. I was liking her as a somewhat reluctant participant and enabler of Max's schemes who was doing it just to futher her own goals, hopefully without getting turned into a greybot in the process. Again, it's contrast...seeing something a bit different. YMMV.

On the other hand, it did highlight Voltarra's seductiveness...since Max will pretty much jump anything that breathes and has breasts....
MacroLass

Postby Doctor Robo » June 7th, 2011, 9:29 pm

Hi Leto, Bluemax, and MacroLass. Thanks for your comments!

Leto17: Glad to hear it! I look forward to your detailed analysis.

Bluemax2: I have plans for Gothikka in a future storyline. Have no fear, though. I will definitely feature her again, and she'll undoubtedly have her loyal Zom-babes with her!

MacroLass: I don't have any concrete plans for Mesmerella and Fifi right now, but it's safe to say that they won't be wasted. Perhaps one of my esteemed colleagues will pick up that ball and run with it for a while.

As for VH-T, we might come to the conclusion that Voltara's superpower is her conductivity, but her real talents may lie elsewhere. I mean, would YOU kick her out of bed? I wouldn't, and I don't blame Virginia for succumbing to her charms either.

Thanks again for the posts. Please keep them coming!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

PreviousNext

Return to Doctor Robo