Trishbot's "Hypnotica" series

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Trishbot!

Re: Trishbot's "Hypnotica" series

Postby begbie_rentonspud » December 23rd, 2010, 7:15 pm

Very Awesome ish, Trish! And great artists doing covers, too... I really like the one with Hypnotica on the cover. :P

Begbie_Rentonspud
begbie_rentonspud

Postby jarlaxxle » March 23rd, 2011, 6:19 pm

Still can't get enough of this series and Body Image. Something about a controlled, subjugated Valient Grrl is almost... hypnotic.. LOL pardon the pun.
jarlaxxle

Postby jarlaxxle » May 13th, 2011, 12:41 pm

First off ya gotta remove the dude over me. Spamming insurence BS. Second, is there anymore for Hypnotica? I love the series would love to see it continue.
jarlaxxle

Postby finister » May 17th, 2011, 1:37 pm

My apologies to everyone for the delays!

Trishbot should have a new Hypnotica for ya all very soon, if not added already! She's been waiting on her goofball artist :P
finister

Postby Trishbot » May 17th, 2011, 10:48 pm

Hey guys. We're at the penultimate issue of "Hypnotica"! Things are starting to wrap up, but that doesn't mean things are going to get any less crazy as we move towards the end!

Hypnotica and Valient Grrl awake with no memory of their time under Max's control, but things aren't as they left them. With teammates missing and questions lingering, the two must venture out and discover for themselves where they should go and what they should do. But Hypnotica's attempts to refit into her old life doesn't go quite as she planned, and it isn't long before things begin to spiral out of control! Find out what happens in "Hypnotica" Issue 13!

You can check it out for free here: http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=24253

I hope you all enjoy. There's only one issue left!
Trishbot

Postby SuckerPunch » May 17th, 2011, 11:12 pm

Good things come to those who wait and this latest installment was well worth it.

Hella fantastic job Trish and Fin! :D I'm definitely looking forward to the conclusion (tho i cant help but get a bit of a bittersweet feeling since this has been such a great adventure)
"I'm making this up as i go"

Currently working on-
Tailor Made Part 5
A Tale with A Twist (Story completed, Release date TBA)

Coming soon...SuckerPunch's original stories 'Ladies of the Night'
SuckerPunch

Postby MacroLass » May 18th, 2011, 8:11 am

Well done, Trish and Finster.

Does it say how jaded I've become that the thing that surprised me the most so far was that Max just let them go? :roll:

Mind you, I can see it in a deviant kinda way when I squint hard. ;) And it does tie things up rather neatly. Nice bit too with Max letting Troublina go by letting her THINK she'd cleverly swiped his key.

Good job also on the art and making "Jamie" look like Patti while making her visually distinct. Though on a couple of pages it almost looks like Hypnotica is taller than the original.

Well, here's hoping that Jamie continues to have more "bi"onic adventures in the future. :D
MacroLass

Postby Hector2 » June 1st, 2011, 9:38 pm

Hi Trishbot and Finister!

First of all, I liked Hipnotica’s concerns about his life as a clon, the peril from the authorities and the paranoia of not trusting anyone anymore… it was realistic.

What is not realistic is the utterly nonsense of letting their in the lab without clothes but with their mask on… oh, and that Kristen was very eager to comfort Hipnotica about her clone blues… but asking Hipnotica her name spoiled the moment.

Being some fan of the continuity, this tale is set before Jade lighting and Snowflake’s adventure in the Platinum Earth. I think is unjust all the harsh judgment toward Solaria and Snowflake, but then again, I think it’s very funny the line: “It’s not my fault this time” and that it suggest that Snowflake has had other kind of experiences in his past that deserve that judgement.

Then Max get the better of the deal? And in page 202, isn’t this guy the same guy who appeared in Wicked Games this same week? And why of all things, Max had to be tricked by Troublina? I wouldn’t mind to see Troublina getting a taste of his own medicine, but here she escapes again.

Oh, and about the scenes with Patty, her mother and her boyfriend… Oh my! I remember to have seen all the Clone anguish in Spiderman Comics years ago (being with people that you remember and at the same time, you’re a complete strange to them), but this is ridiculous.

That takes me to the first part of this long thread. As Hipnotica herself said, she is not the most moral person around to be a superheroine. She reminds me of Ylarra, only I prefer Ylarra better because she is willing to risk herself for a friend… Hipnotica is trying to get into Valor Girl pants… was perfectly cool with mooching and sexually abusing his alleged family and seems equals part sexual predator and pretty freeloader slacker. That scares me!

Thanks for all your work, this series was awesome! Hipnotica status as an Antiheroine is firmly established.

Hector 2
Hector2

Postby Trishbot » October 14th, 2011, 11:15 pm

Hey everyone!

Wow, today is a big day. After a good, long while, my first comic adventure with my first comic book heroine, Hypnotica, is coming to its long-awaited conclusion. But, rest assured, just because it's the final issue doesn't mean there aren't a few more surprises in store or fun to be had!

Hypnotica has finally found a place to belong at the Superheroine Squad! But how will the others feel about the newest Grrl Power Cadet to join their ranks? And more changes are in the air as Valient Grrl comes to a difficult conclusion. But will Hypnotica truly find peace and satisfaction within the walls of the Superheroine Squad, or does the newest rookie still have much to learn about controlling her powers, and her desires?! But even then, larger questions remain, and the mysteries behind Max's experiments slowly begin to unfold... Find out in the grand conclusion to HYPNOTICA!

You can find the final issue, for free, here: http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=37756

Thanks to Akonkid, The Duchess, and Broken_Teapot for the amazing covers!

But wait! There's MORE!

In honor of this last issue, and the many issues that came before that couldn't have been possible without the support of such wonderful fans, I've opened the "Hypnotica Tribute Gallery", where you're free to see the many talented fan-submissions of many skilled readers!

See their work here: http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=37757

The fan gallery isn't quite done, so pardon my dust. There will be more art from many talented artists added soon, and many changes and title fixes are needed. If I've forgotten anyone, or if anyone still wishes to submit to the gallery, please let me know and I'll get right on it or be honored to accept more submissions! This is a gallery by fans for fans, so stop in, admire each others' work, and thank you all so much for helping make this a reality!

Thank you Doc Robo for giving me this opportunity to tell this story what seems like ages ago. Thanks to Akonkid, my muse, for putting up with me. Thanks to Dumbtime, Northern Chill, Begbie_Rentonspud, and MC Tek for those grueling proofreading sessions.

Lastly, I want to thank my wonderful, awesome, talented, inspirational, supportive, brilliant co-worker and artist Finister Foul for all the amazing art, of which this comic would not exist. If you haven't, folks, send him a message or comment below thanking him for all the hard work he's done, the sacrifices he's made, and the talent and passion he's poured into this comic.

Thank you all, once again, and enjoy the last "Hypnotica" issue!

... But have no fear, this is CERTAINLY not the last you'll see of Hypnotica!
Trishbot

Postby Tecknophyle » October 15th, 2011, 12:55 am

*grumble grumble* had to move Hypnotica and Body Image forward a whole year thanks to that reference to Club Pump *grumble grumble*

On the other hand, like the unionized robots.
Tecknophyle

Postby Tony » October 15th, 2011, 3:55 am

Tecknophyle wrote:*grumble grumble* had to move Hypnotica and Body Image forward a whole year thanks to that reference to Club Pump *grumble grumble*

There's a couple of "other" things that seem important moving forward too. Snowflake mentions a club called "Brain Drain". I don't remember seeing that anywhere though the Naughty Nurse Saga mentioned something about Victor starting another business. And it's obvious that Jamie is taken with Kristen matching Tina's interest. Which means having Kristen and Belinda's plaything seems a little out of place between Alpha Woman and Hypnotica. (I especially like Tina's dream about a maid outfit! And the fact that Kristen is effected by that dream too!) Between what's going on with Valiant Women in Prize Displays, Gothikka lack of control of Chrome and needing to straighten that out and these Jamie's interest in Kristen, I'm looking forward to seeing if Kristen will break free of Belinda in the near future and meeting up with her mom.

(Call me sentimental. Besides, I never bought that "I want to work at the jail so just leave me alone Tina" as a reason Kristen is still Belinda's pet.)
Tony

Postby Akonkid » October 15th, 2011, 10:13 am

Congrats to both Finister Foul and Trishbot for a long and satisfying epic story! I'm sad to see it wrap up, but it certainly ends on a high note with lots and lots of questions left unanswered and new questions brought up in this last issue.

Is Hypnotica really a "hero"? She asks herself that question as she uses her powers on Valient Grrl one more time. How does that make her any differently from a villain? Will Hypnotica become a true heroine, or will she just give in to her dark desires? Also loved how Hypnotica just makes up her mind that she hates Alpha Woman based just on the fact she got to Kristen first (and the petty way she mocks her "ratty" hair and "unfashionable" boots.)

I loved the Grrl Power cadets introductions. You captured all their personalities perfectly in just a few lines! And consider me interested in seeing "the BrainDrain" club in the future.

Loved Troublina's note to Max, and I'm glad to see her running gag with trying to seduce her way to freedom finally paid off. Also, I hope we see these droids in the future. They're some of the most interesting and funny background characters we've seen yet.

Very, very, very interested to see what Valient Grrl, my favorite heroine ever, is going to do. Wow, so much can be done with her. She's got a junior sidekick now, she's got mommy issues, she's got relationship problems, she's got painful secrets, she's got worries about her fake memories... and that speaks nothing of the fact she continually gets her mind scrambled and controlled. Can that poor girl ever catch a break? (I hope not!)

Finally, those final few pages were chilling. What's going on there? Who is THAT? She seems... familiar...
If she would just do what I asked, I wouldn't need to use mind control!
Akonkid

Postby dumbtime » October 15th, 2011, 11:58 am

Tony wrote:...it's obvious that Jamie is taken with Kristen matching Tina's interest. Which means having Kristen as Belinda's plaything seems a little out of place between Alpha Woman and Hypnotica...Call me sentimental. Besides, I never bought that "I want to work at the jail so just leave me alone Tina" as a reason Kristen is still Belinda's pet.

Yeah, I'm hoping to get some really cool explanation on that as well, This episode is a perfect setup for how MM, AW and Hyp all could have fell for her sudden change in life direction. Life with Tina isn't as hunky dory as everyone thinks, she's pretty much AW's pet (Look mom, I found a stray. Can we keep her? Please! I'll take real good care of her). VG isn't thrilled knowing she's a clone. She could have the Obi-Wan/Anakin training experience with Hyp and MM could see VG is under a lot of stress. I think it with all that going on, the sudden change could be done to fit the story. I'm just curious on how it will be.
dumbtime

Postby begbie_rentonspud » October 15th, 2011, 5:21 pm

Hello, sir...

What can be said that hasn't already been said. But I'm going for the bundle. Personally, as a whole, this was a very awesome series. Great writing, great art (not including my covers... never including my covers... Everyone else's covers... Not my covers... :P) and a great flow to it all. It's both sad and happy that the series has come to a close, but it just means you and Trish have got a lot to do if you want to top yourselves.

Yeah... No pressure... :P

Anyway, thanks for the memories and for my moments in the sun by allowing me to hit up your comics with drawings. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to hit play on iTunes as I play this post out to Green Day's "Time of Your Life".

Begbie_Rentonspud

P.S.- If I was truly disappointed about anything in this series is that we never got to see Troublina mindless AND naked. The next series she's in, she has to be mindless AND naked for the whole duration. LOL! But seriously... mindless AND naked.
begbie_rentonspud

Postby sohta123 » October 15th, 2011, 9:24 pm

Great series! Hypnotica is a great character. I like that she's flawed in so many ways. Really love her not having any qualms about using her powers on her 'sisters' Kristen and Patti and her 'mother' Raquel.
I hope she continues to run the home as she sees fit. That's a nice subtile imperfection for her to have.
I'm really hoping there's a tie-in for all of the 'sisters' that will be very dramatic.

Also really liked that Tina is subconsciously using her telepathy to mold Kristen to her desires. Hope to see more of that happen but not in just dreams. I'm thinking there's a latent phoenix in Tina somewhere.
sohta123

PreviousNext

Return to Trishbot