The Division: CORE

Discuss "The Division" and other stories with Uzobono!

Re: The Division: CORE

Postby bluemax2 » October 29th, 2014, 4:40 pm

Tabico and Uzo:
All I can say is Core Acquisitions Part 1 cover....Wow!
Can't wait to see it.
Maybe this time we can see how 23 or other superdrones came into being?

Keep up the great work!

Bluemax
bluemax2

Postby Uzobono » December 5th, 2014, 3:50 pm

Hi all!

The *amazing* sixth issue of Tabico's CORE #6: Acquisitions Part One is here!

As usual, this issue has a *ton* of juicy details, so take it slow, and make sure to examine the details :p. We'd *love* your feedback :D .

You can find 'CORE #6: Acquisitions Part One' at:

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery3/index.p ... s-Part-One

*or* at my deviantart.com page:

http://uzobono.deviantart.com/art/Core- ... -498476734

Uzobono

Postby Sumatra » December 6th, 2014, 1:45 am

Nice. Thanks, downloading now.
Sumatra

Postby xarielx » December 8th, 2014, 2:01 am

You've outdone yourselves again. I'm truly impressed, not only with Uzo's ever evolving talent, but that Tabico manages to weave such a complex and thrilling piece of work that works on many levels.
Another cold open, with massive repercussions revealed later on, worked to prepare me for the issue. Taking in the fact that Exis' behavior is as immoral as the Agency or Hives they are supposedly clashing with, Exis channeled a personality that is more reminiscent of Doctor Q than someone who is altruistic. If Melanie would be aware of her actions, I suspect she would in the very least harden her resolve to
break off loyalty to Core. Melanie, in this issue, notwithstanding the superb Hive sequences, seems to be acting in a way that would set her on a collision path with Core, Exis, and the Director. To throw a wrench into this conflict, Lilit shows her true colors and motivations, ultimately using Melanie's best friend against her.

The pregnant slaves were a reminder that the Hive operates on a level beyond what Core and indeed, any other story in this 'verse, has the capacity to deal with. I would like to assume that the "breeders" are irreversibly enslaved, and how shocked and disturbed the Core agents were in witnessing them served to highlight that fact, the similarities between the enslaved women and the Core women working in visuals as well as their actions, marching to "plug in" like drones, etc.

In fact, there was a duality within Core and the Hive that came to my realization in this issue, that Core and the Hive are remarkably similar, both capture victims against their will, as we've seen with Tammy and Nicole, assumable with all the Cored women, and both are vying for power it seems with disregard for their respective agents lives. Both Core and the Hive mirror each other in similar ways, the difference being, in my opinion, is that the drones are better at it. The weakness of Core I believe is that the women keep their personalities, and thus, while fully enslaved, as we saw from Tammy in earlier episodes, are still reigned in by their humanity. This is another layer in that makes Core unique in my opinion, the personality clashes between characters and the various factions.

This again is something that I feel Melanie could be more aware of, she clearly acknowledged the changed personalities of Tammy and Nicole, and indeed the dressing up as drones did not seem to phase her as she was blinded by her need to ask her friends for help, which is a brilliant use of motivation, had she not been fixated on going into the Hive I believe Melanie would question and delve deeper as to why her friends are acting unlike themselves.

I thank you both for your amazing work and am waiting with bated breath for this chapter's continuation.
xarielx

Postby obviousagent » December 13th, 2014, 2:42 am

I can only echo xarielx, amazing update.
one thing that struck me though is the way both of Mels friends are now fantasising about being drones; is the hive starting to influence them in a similar way to the teacher in guided tour? Looking forward to see how that pans out.
keep it going you two, your works are awesome.
obviousagent

Postby Uzobono » February 20th, 2015, 1:07 pm

Hi all!

I'm *so* excited to present the *jaw-dropping* seventh issue of Tabico's CORE #7: Acquisitions Part Two!

This issue in *particular* has a *ton* of visual and written detail that is *all* due to Tabico's *amazing* direction :), so I *hope* you have your tea/coffee/alcoholic/non-alcoholic drink ready, a comfy seat, some private time and are prepared to be titillated :).

We'd *love* your comments and feedback!

Currently you can find 'CORE #7: Acquisitions Part Two' at my deviantart:

http://uzobono.deviantart.com/art/Core- ... -515311756

I *will* be updating it to mccomix over the weekend :).

Uzobono

Postby bluemax2 » February 27th, 2015, 10:10 am

Uzo and Tabico:
Are you going to post the whole latest issue here at McComix, soon?
It is fantastic by the way (having read it at Deviantart).
But it is nice to see it at its proper home.
Thank you again.

Bluemax
bluemax2

Postby Uzobono » June 5th, 2015, 1:21 pm

Hi everyone! Apologies for the *very* tardy update here >.<.

The *sizzling* and *astounding* issue of Tabico's CORE #8: Reflections!

This issue is just *packed* to the brim with action and suspense and...other naughtier things :p, so I hope you have your drinks and a comfortable seat ready :). This issue in particular has a *lot* of dialogue, and I recommend using a zoom function on your reading platform of choice to get up close and personal with each panel in detail (lots of details in there too!).

And as always, we'd absolutely *love* to hear your feedback! <3

You can find 'CORE #8: Reflections' at here:

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery3/index.p ... eflections

*Or* at my deviantart.com page:

http://uzobono.deviantart.com/art/Core- ... -536145668

Uzobono

Postby bluemax2 » November 3rd, 2015, 12:36 pm

Uzo:
When are you and Tabico going to post the incredible Core #9 here for all our fellow McComix afficiandos to enjoy?
Fellow fans, if you haven't already seen it on Deviantart, its fantastic! As usual of course.

Thank you both for all the hard work and incredible stories.

Bluemax
bluemax2

Previous

Return to Uzobono