Issue 09 Contest

Discuss "Maxine Midnight" and other stories with Drake!

Issue 09 Contest

Postby The_Drake » April 12th, 2011, 5:45 pm

Can you guess the identity of Maxine Midnight's father?

One guess per person - first one to post the name in this thread gets a custom pin-up. This is a character created by someone else (who I don't own the rights for) and is obscure enough that only someone with a deep knowledge of the genre will pick it up. The clues are all there. Good luck.
The_Drake

Re: Issue 09 Contest

Postby Northern Chill » April 12th, 2011, 6:27 pm

I know quite a few names in the pulp genre but the name that comes to mind is Mr. Midnight, who faced Captain Invincible in a movie starring Allen Arkin and Christopher Lee.

I'm probably dead wrong... :mrgreen:
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

"What does this story need?...more Franbot!!!"
Northern Chill

Postby Hector2 » April 18th, 2011, 12:09 pm

Hi there !

I was reading Maxine Midnight last issue and oh boy! it was great!

The plot with the maidens is good (the maiden uniform is one of my fetishes) but the part I really liked was the villains characterization.

First of all, Dash Worthington, a meaningful name if there was one, who seems to be not only a douchebag, but only with a little style. The phrase "I don't need a collar to control people" is smug, and Carrie certainly was royally cheated.

Carrie seems another interesting villain. This characterization - the femme fatale who now has a grudge against the smug villain - is brilliant and I will love to see more of those villains. People who we can love to hate are the best villains for a two fisted tale.

Well, I searched for Captain Invencible and I think Northern Chill nailed the prize! Oh well, congratulations! (of course, if he is the villain ;) )

Thanks for another good issue

Hector2
Hector2

Postby The_Drake » April 19th, 2011, 7:11 am

Chill is indeed correct. Check out The Return Of Captain Invincible - it is not a great movie, but where else can you see Christopher Lee sing songs by Richard O'Brien (Of Rocky Horror fame) while his eighties-leather-n-latex hench-babes dance and shake drinks in the background.

Chill - send me a brief description of what you would like to see.
The_Drake

Return to Drake