Freedom Duo: Alien Invasion

Discuss "American Amazon" and other stories with Dumbtime!

Freedom Duo: Alien Invasion

Postby dumbtime » October 12th, 2010, 7:52 am

Update alert for 10/12

A power outage in my area on Monday put me a day behind on post-work and dialogue so I'm going to try and bust tail to get it done today. If I can't, it will most likely be posted tomorrow. I just wanted to keep you guys in the know.

DT
dumbtime

Re: Freedom Duo: Alien Invasion

Postby dumbtime » October 13th, 2010, 8:40 pm

The update is up.

Again many apologies for the delay. I wanted to make sure I didn't add any of my real life stress to the panels and post work so I took the day to flesh out any oversights.

With out further ado -

Introducing the first update featuring the dynamic duet of freedom fighting consisting of Freedom Broad (American Amazon's former moniker) and Freedom Girl. They will try to pull their forces together, with the help of another junior superheroine known as Solarflare, to help fend off an outside intrusion in the new series: Alien Invasion.

Synopsis(written by trishbot)

Several years ago, the race of extraterrestial beings known as the Triglor came to our planet to observe and experiment upon human beings. Now, one of their own has gone rogue and returned to earth to finish what was started years ago. But how do the heroines Freedom Girl and Solarflare get involved, and how does their connection to their friend Lilly come in to play? Find out in 'The Abduction,' the first issue of "Alien Invasion."

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=15613

enjoy
DT

P.S. as always, any comment is a welcome comment, whether it be for good or bad.
dumbtime

Postby Tecknophyle » October 14th, 2010, 2:44 pm

Well, you did ask for comments both good and bad, so...

Given that the art is entirely adequate, and the story thus far seems just fine, I have to point out a problem. Spelling. At least twice you use "humaniod".
Tecknophyle

Postby dumbtime » October 14th, 2010, 9:40 pm

Yes, I do have an extreme problem with typing vowel diphthongs such as 'ai,' 'oi,' 'ei' & 'ie.' You wouldn't believe how many times I have to say," 'i' before 'e' except after 'c' " while i'm typing. I thought I caught them all during proofing. I must have missed a few. I will go back and fix them. Thanks for your comment, either way they are very helpful. :)
dumbtime

Postby dumbtime » December 8th, 2010, 1:46 am

Hello McComix fans

It's DT here. Back with another installment of my new series, Alien Invasion. This is the second and last part of the introductory episode called "Abduction."

Synopsis:
The last we saw of Lilly Stentworth, she was napping in the afternoon sun at her grandparents cottage. The summer is in full swing and her girlfriends, Paula Revere and Sophia Stuvall, are about to get out of town for some summer fun. Lilly decided to play the good friend card and invited Paula and Sophia to spend a few days with her at the cottage. Unbeknownst to them, an alien named Dr. Shivla escaped from another planet and is heading to earth to finish what she started many years earlier. Enjoy this part of the episode as Dr. Shivla's toys heat up things with Lilly.

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=15699
dumbtime

Postby dumbtime » December 8th, 2010, 8:25 am

Sorry guys, I thought I fixed all my errors this time but it was late when I got done this morning. The dialogue box on page 5 is now correct and I added a word I left out on page 20. Sorry again for that inconvenience.
dumbtime

Postby dumbtime » March 2nd, 2011, 12:22 am

Hello McComix fans

Here I am again with another installment of the series, Alien Invasion. This is part one of the second episode of the series called " Symbiosis. "

Synopsis:
Now that Dr. Shivla has Lilly, what does she plan to do with her. All the elaborate scheming to create this situation has to have some kind of fruition. What could the sinister plan be and how does Lilly fit into it. Take a look at the newest episode of Alien Invasion and find out.

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=15699
dumbtime

Postby leto17 » March 2nd, 2011, 8:01 pm

Now THIS is starting to get really, really, really good! I look forward to seeing what happens next. For some reason, I think that Lily is so sexy and vulnerable. I really look forward to seeing what process she is subjected to next!
leto17

Postby dumbtime » March 6th, 2011, 11:12 pm

Thanks leto17!! :)
I really think you're going to get a kick out of the process and really enjoy the end results..
dumbtime

Postby Hector2 » March 22nd, 2011, 11:49 pm

Hi there

I finished chapter three of this tale and it was amazing. While our villain is truly bizarre, his methods are great! I always liked the idea of clothes that can control your body.

The heroine is truly trapped, she never had any chance. She even wanted to do something with his life to help the doctor, but obviously was a lot of baloney! Even so, I loved the control of his body, how the doctor confused her mind, and most of all, howor she will be "stored" in a capsule.

I hope to see the rest very soon!

Hector
Hector2

Postby dumbtime » March 24th, 2011, 6:27 pm

Thanks Hector.

I look forward to reading your reviews at HIPComix and here as well. I'm glad you took the chance to look at my story and give one to it. :)

The next two updates, I believe, are really going to be quite interesting to you. If you think the Dr. Shivla is bizarre now, wait to you see what bizarre scheme she has planned for Lilly.
dumbtime

Postby bluemax2 » June 10th, 2011, 9:20 am

Dumbtime:
Love your work.
Can you tell us when the next installment of Alien Invasion is coming?
I'm really looking forward to it.
Thanks and keep up the great work.

bluemax
bluemax2

Postby dumbtime » June 10th, 2011, 8:31 pm

bluemax2 wrote:Dumbtime:
Love your work.
Can you tell us when the next installment of Alien Invasion is coming?
I'm really looking forward to it.
Thanks and keep up the great work.

bluemax

Thanks Bluemax for the kind words. :)
Barring any of my real life delays that keep cropping up, I'm planning a chapter 11 (epilogue) with the Irish Justice story that will lead into a short AA solo story called, "Brainwashed." (It will most likely be a 3-4 part story) I will continue Alien Invasion in between the AA solo updates. The alien story is a longer story and is independent of any stories going on now. It will, however, have influence on AA's character storyline. I hope to resume the Origins story sometime as well.
dumbtime

Postby leto17 » October 13th, 2011, 10:14 am

Sorry for my belated comments. I thoguht I had commented on this one but evidently I didnt. Anyway, I loved chapter of alien invasion as you suspected I would;). I look forward to soemday you doing more with the series.

Thanks again!
leto17

Postby dumbtime » October 13th, 2011, 3:31 pm

leto17 wrote:Sorry for my belated comments. I thoguht I had commented on this one but evidently I didnt. Anyway, I loved chapter of alien invasion as you suspected I would;). I look forward to soemday you doing more with the series.

Thanks again!

Look for it to kick back up in November. :)
dumbtime

Next

Return to Dumbtime