Going on Hiatus

Discuss the "League of Liberty" and other stories with Akonkid!

Going on Hiatus

Postby Akonkid » August 24th, 2010, 5:14 pm

Hey everyone.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I'm going to have to take a break from comics for awhile and take a leave of absence from MCComix until I can finish up some more pressing real life matters. So, what does that mean?

For starters, work on "Monkey Business" and "Body Image" are being put on hold. I have a few chapters completed in advance for "Body Image", but beyond that things are going to be postponed a bit.

This is only a temporary leave of absence so I can focus on completing a few more pressing goals, but once those are done I'll be back in full swing with more hot mind control and superhero stories for you all to enjoy. I apologize for anyone looking forward to my stories in the immediate future, but know that they are not forgotten.... just on hold.

Thank you everyone for your support and patience.
If she would just do what I asked, I wouldn't need to use mind control!
Akonkid

Re: Going on Hiatus

Postby madcap » August 26th, 2010, 3:09 pm

Damn, sorry to hear that Akon. I hope that everything is okay, and that you get these matters sorted out without too much trouble. I know this might be a hard question to answer, but do you have a rough ballpark of how much time you're talking about here? We talking a couple months, or a year?
madcap

Postby Northern Chill » August 26th, 2010, 3:22 pm

Akonkid, I know everyone here will miss you and Trishbot's contributions around here and I know real life has to take priority over anything here. Hopefully, the sabbatical you two are taking will not be too long and best of luck to you both.
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

"What does this story need?...more Franbot!!!"
Northern Chill

Postby leto17 » September 23rd, 2010, 8:03 pm

Hello. I've been busy for the past month myself. I just came on and found out about this. I'm terribly sorry to hear this. Hope everything works out.
leto17

Postby Diamond2328 » October 1st, 2010, 8:04 am

I hope things are good. Best wishes for a speedy return. :)
Diamond2328

Postby Hector2 » November 28th, 2010, 3:58 pm

Hi Akonkid

It's a shame, just when I can get into the forum, I found that you have to go on hiatus.

I liked a lot of your stories, but my favorite has to be "Vanishing Act". What I really love was that the villain won and Vanishing Girl was her helpless prisoner. But there is a ray of hope for her in the person of Caitlin Rogers.

Well, I have seen you were updating the Uroboro's forum, so I'm hoping you still see the forums and could answer some few questions I have:

First of all, I wanted to talk you about Femcops. I think this is my favorite series, I loved the "Frozen moments" bits you did in hipcomix, and I would love to see that concept further developed.

I also would like to see some other characters of your gallery, like Sadistrix (I believe he was named like that) and Violet. Most of all, I would want to see Maya Johnson falling of grace to become the beautiful Suki, and how mr. Hitokai could enslave her.

I hope you can answer me, thank you

Hector
Hector2

Postby Akonkid » November 28th, 2010, 5:51 pm

Hector2 wrote:Hi Akonkid
Well, I have seen you were updating the Uroboro's forum, so I'm hoping you still see the forums and could answer some few questions I have:

First of all, I wanted to talk you about Femcops. I think this is my favorite series, I loved the "Frozen moments" bits you did in hipcomix, and I would love to see that concept further developed.

I also would like to see some other characters of your gallery, like Sadistrix (I believe he was named like that) and Violet. Most of all, I would want to see Maya Johnson falling of grace to become the beautiful Suki, and how mr. Hitokai could enslave her.

I hope you can answer me, thank you

Hector

Hey, thanks for the feedback and thanks for the questions!

There are more plans for the Femcops, provided I can free up the time to do a story or two involving them. Don't worry; they're hardly forgotten.

Both Sadistrix and Violet are planned for one of my stories that is currently on haitus, but when I return you can expect to see them.

Lastly, there ARE significant plans to feature Maya Johnson prominently, and her inevitable turn into Suki under Mr. Hitoaki's control is still very much planned. It'll happen at some point.

Hope that helps!
Akonkid

Postby leto17 » November 30th, 2010, 8:17 pm

I'm thrilled to see you still got plans Akonkid. Missed your work!

And Maya is probably my favorite character from my favorite story, your Unity, with the exception of Gothikka and the Bride series. I always look forward to seeing more of her, be it her fall or a continuation of the Unity Saga as she is still controlled.
leto17

Postby Hector2 » December 1st, 2010, 12:37 am

Hi Leto

Maya is also my favorite character from Akonkid, but I love the cowgal, invisible girl, June O'connell... and Sugar and Spice :lol:

What I like about Maya is her characterization and design: A tall, muscular woman with a strong sense of feminity, and a face that could be mature and still very feminine, almost childlike.

But now I realize I'm not talking about Maya, I talking about Suki, bodyguard (and maybe more) of Mr. Hitokay

If you want to discuss this character, I'm all ears!

Hector2
Hector2

Postby bluemax2 » April 1st, 2011, 9:05 am

Akonkid:
Are you back officially yet?
I know everyone around here really missesyou, your art and your great stories.
I do hope we can see sequels to Vanishing Act and of course, my favorite of all time; Unity! Part Deux??

Hope to see more of your great work here soon.
Best of luck with everything.

Regards from a long time fan,

Bluemax
bluemax2

Postby leto17 » April 10th, 2011, 6:11 am

Hello!

I hope you come back soon too! Unity yay!

Sorry I never responded to you Hector-Been awfully busy! I sent you a pm:)
leto17

Postby Akonkid » April 20th, 2011, 11:44 am

leto17 wrote:Hello!

I hope you come back soon too! Unity yay!

Sorry I never responded to you Hector-Been awfully busy! I sent you a pm:)

Thanks! My little haitus was been protracted a bit longer than I expected, but hopefully I'll get more free time soon and can officially put the time and effort into my stories that I want again.

And, yes, I'm looking forward to Unity 2 just as much as everyone else.
Akonkid

Postby madcap » April 28th, 2011, 7:35 am

Glad to hear it! And I am looking forward to Unity 2 tremendously!!
madcap

Postby leto17 » May 2nd, 2011, 5:15 am

Yippee!
leto17

Postby bluemax2 » May 2nd, 2011, 10:54 am

Akonkid:
Any advanced work in progress we could see?
Please....

regards,

bluemax
bluemax2

Next

Return to Akonkid