Golden Opportunity

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Trishbot!

Re: Golden Opportunity

Postby Hector2 » January 30th, 2012, 1:11 pm

Hi there Trishbot and Finister!

I just loved this short story. The only thing I found strange is how eager is Goldwing to let herself be mentally manipulated. I would have thought that, as a victim that lost almost a year of her life being another person, she would distrusts mental control even when a friend is involved.

Of course, it can be that this thing is addictive, like Chrome example. Maybe this could be explored in future stories?
However, the best part was mns_95125 comment:
After all, how long do you think Enchantress can go without someone calling her a crazy bitch?
Genius, true genius.

I loved how beautiful Enchantress was with her business suit, but I think that this story about Shawn, a comic book artist who gets to enjoy two slaves is something like life embellished. Don’t you agree? :D

Hector.
Hector2

Postby MindChanger » February 5th, 2012, 6:14 am

Myself, I can't wait to see Enchantress to get randomly zapped - it was the first thing that came to my head after reading that page :)

And what Hector finds strange, I find very plausible. Girls in love do crazy things to please their men, and here we have a girl that hears how sexy her boyfriend finds her superheroine alter-ego and how he would love to see her hypnotised. And it just so happens she has a friend she can trust that is a pro mind controller. Not being a brainless zombie yet, Goldwing was able to put 2 and 2 together :)

And yeah, Enchantress should change her uniform to the business suit. No argue there :)
MindChanger

Postby kinghypno » June 20th, 2012, 4:13 pm

Loving this story. Can't wait for the next one. It has this old school feel to it. Haha.
kinghypno

Postby Jarlaxxle82 » September 6th, 2012, 7:36 pm

Will the next issue be coming out anytime soon? Or has Trish gone bye bye?
Jarlaxxle82

Postby Trishbot » September 7th, 2012, 2:51 pm

Jarlaxxle82 wrote:Will the next issue be coming out anytime soon? Or has Trish gone bye bye?

"Golden Opportunity" wrapped up... for now. The story was about Goldwing and her boyfriend, with little freaky things on the side. This won't be the last you see of them, but the story has concluded for the time being.
Trishbot

Postby NoneNeeded » September 10th, 2012, 3:15 pm

Trishbot wrote:
Jarlaxxle82 wrote:Will the next issue be coming out anytime soon? Or has Trish gone bye bye?

"Golden Opportunity" wrapped up... for now. The story was about Goldwing and her boyfriend, with a little freaky things on the side. This won't be the last you see of them, but the story has concluded for the time being?

I am also left wondering on occasion whether a story is 'done'. with so many concurrent storylines running, you can't really just number some global MetroBay Comics title. And even trying to have a couple would probably get awkward. It might help us keep track if the title or cover art included something like "issue 3 of 7" though I expect you might need to change the target count midway.
NoneNeeded

Postby Trishbot » September 10th, 2012, 7:17 pm

NoneNeeded wrote:I am also left wondering on occasion whether a story is 'done'. with so many concurrent storylines running, you can't really just number some global MetroBay Comics title. And even trying to have a couple would probably get awkward. It might help us keep track if the title or cover art included something like "issue 3 of 7" though I expect you might need to change the target count midway.

You're right. Golden Opportunity was going to initially just be ONE issue... but it grew much bigger as I was working on it. Then it was just going to be two issues... finally became a three-peat. ;) Hope you don't mind.
Trishbot

Postby NoneNeeded » September 12th, 2012, 5:01 pm

Trishbot wrote:
NoneNeeded wrote:I am also left wondering on occasion whether a story is 'done'. with so many concurrent storylines running, you can't really just number some global MetroBay Comics title. And even trying to have a couple would probably get awkward. It might help us keep track if the title or cover art included something like "issue 3 of 7" though I expect you might need to change the target count midway.

You're right. Golden Opportunity was going to initially just be ONE issue... but it grew much bigger as I was working on it. Then it was just going to be two issues... finally became a three-peat. ;) Hope you don't mind.

It wouldn't work for every story (this one for example) but when you know one 'title' has come to an end, you could conclude with a statement to the effect that the story continues in "Title X". That way we would know where to look.
NoneNeeded

Previous

Return to Trishbot