"Forbidden Fantasy" - A Grime City Story

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Doctor Robo!

Re: "Forbidden Fantasy" - A Grime City Story

Postby Tecknophyle » July 1st, 2012, 4:09 pm

Doctor Robo wrote:My point is that Valient Grrl (and Crissy Tanner, in a similar fashion) hasn't really been working at The Funhouse for that long in "Metrobay time". It could be a few days at most. If the guards' shifts are like professional firefighters', which is certainly possible, they would work for two or three days straight before getting a few days off. So, while Alpha Woman may know that VG is working at The Funhouse, she may not think it's overly strange that she hasn't heard from her girlfriend in a couple of days.
- Doc

Wellllll...it has to be a tad more than a few days. Several months, at least.

If I were to make a suggestion, I'd have a "Day in the Life" story slotted somewhere just after Forbidden Fantasy where Giolla has Valient Grrl create a heartfelt message to Alpha Woman expressing her desire to take a break from heroics due to the problems she's had recently and want a break by having the simple job as a guard at the Funhouse ("I'm a member of the emergency response team in case of a supercriminal breakout") and she wants some time to herself to figure things out. Love you much, blah blah blah.

The reality is that Belinda has to have the guards (all under her control, even the mundane ones) have a normal life outside the prison, otherwise there'd be questions asked. Heck, you can have someone visit Valient Grrl at her apartment, to check on her, find nothing wrong, and then leave.
Tecknophyle

Postby Tony » July 1st, 2012, 4:19 pm

It always seemed to me that the guards at the funhouse were all "live in" guards. They rested off hours at the funhouse. The only one we've ever seen leave is the Warden and she has a greentooth earpiece.
Tony

Postby Ghosthand » July 1st, 2012, 5:35 pm

Tecknophyle wrote:
Doctor Robo wrote:My point is that Valient Grrl (and Crissy Tanner, in a similar fashion) hasn't really been working at The Funhouse for that long in "Metrobay time". It could be a few days at most. If the guards' shifts are like professional firefighters', which is certainly possible, they would work for two or three days straight before getting a few days off. So, while Alpha Woman may know that VG is working at The Funhouse, she may not think it's overly strange that she hasn't heard from her girlfriend in a couple of days.
- Doc

Wellllll...it has to be a tad more than a few days. Several months, at least.

If I were to make a suggestion, I'd have a "Day in the Life" story slotted somewhere just after Forbidden Fantasy where Giolla has Valient Grrl create a heartfelt message to Alpha Woman expressing her desire to take a break from heroics due to the problems she's had recently and want a break by having the simple job as a guard at the Funhouse ("I'm a member of the emergency response team in case of a supercriminal breakout") and she wants some time to herself to figure things out. Love you much, blah blah blah.

The reality is that Belinda has to have the guards (all under her control, even the mundane ones) have a normal life outside the prison, otherwise there'd be questions asked. Heck, you can have someone visit Valient Grrl at her apartment, to check on her, find nothing wrong, and then leave.

I could see Belinda being smart enough to let Valient Grrl still go home most nights, although there would be the times she would have to work overtime :) Also letting her continue her superheroine carrer, but maybe slowed down a bit would give her a valuable spy inside the SS. This could also fleash out how brainwashed she is. Is she just a puppet or has Belinda brainwashed her to be a evil double agent? Her stiff robotic nature we have seen so far could just be due to Belinda's likeing. She could act totally normal outside of Belinda's care while secretly hiding a evil dark side to her friends.
Ghosthand

Postby Doctor Robo » July 3rd, 2012, 4:02 am

It looks like a "Day in the Life of Valient Grrl" story will be in the works, thanks to your excellent suggestions. Hopefully it will answer your questions... and perhaps prompt a few more!

We'll have more details on the story in the near future.

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Ghosthand » July 3rd, 2012, 5:32 am

Doctor Robo wrote:It looks like a "Day in the Life of Valient Grrl" story will be in the works, thanks to your excellent suggestions. Hopefully it will answer your questions... and perhaps prompt a few more!

- Doc

YAY!!!
Ghosthand

Postby Akonkid » July 3rd, 2012, 8:00 am

Doctor Robo wrote:It looks like a "Day in the Life of Valient Grrl" story will be in the works, thanks to your excellent suggestions. Hopefully it will answer your questions... and perhaps prompt a few more!

- Doc

More Valient Grrl-centric stories are always a big win in my book. Yes, I'm biased. I don't even care.

We've already seen "A Day in the Life of Belinda", showing events from HER perspective... I imagine Valient Grrl's is just as interesting. Picking out sexy outfits to wear, avoiding old friends and lovers, sexing up Belinda every second she gets horny, actually doing her guardslave job at the Funhouse (SOMEONE has to ensure Bronk stays quiet in his cell)...

But, yeah, there are plenty of niggling questions in the back of my head. Alpha Woman's going to question things after a certain amount of time, no matter how many excuses she's told. Crissy is still entirely MIA and her friends are bound to notice. Hypnotica was last seen as Kristen's new crimefighting partner, and we never got her opinion on things. Belinda's playing with fire; she's reaping the rewards right now, but eventually she's going to get burned...
If she would just do what I asked, I wouldn't need to use mind control!
Akonkid

Postby leto17 » July 8th, 2012, 6:25 pm

You know, I was just thinking about how much Alpha Woman was aware of in regard to Valiant Girl's current plight, as well as what Belinda might do to cover it up. After all ,Alpha Woman and Valiant Girl are in love and that creates complicates in terms of Belinda keeping secrets. This should be interesting, especially as the Alpha Woman and Valiant Girl relationship has not been addressed for a time.
leto17

Previous

Return to Doctor Robo