Tinkering With Nature

Discuss "Metrobay Comix" and other stories with Trishbot!

Re: Tinkering With Nature

Postby Trishbot » July 2nd, 2012, 3:29 pm

msgrey wrote:Hello trishbot! some comments for Tinkering with Nature:

i like the mayor getting 'enhanced' from Ms. Metrobay, it was well deserved! But now I think that Dr. Tinker will do something much worse.maybe to all of metrobay?

But I am confused a bit. this was the final chapter? Ms. Metrobay doesnt go after the doctor or the mayor? What will the mayor do now that her secrets out?

Does Ms. Metrobay plan to gather other squadmembers to combat Doctor Tinker? Surely she must want her brought to justice!

Remember when Shelley was "deFreaked" by Crissy? Coming out of it, she had quite the case of amnesia. Ms. Metrobay is the same way. She will no doubt recall that she was scared, angry, and then very very horny, but the particulars of her time just prior to and during her Ms. MetroFreak period are going to be very cloudy in her head, like Shelley was.

Ms. Metrobay is a smart enough girl to know, however, that she did SOMETHING with Officer Jones... and she's no stranger to waking up without clothes in weird places. She can put two and two together on that one.
Trishbot

Postby msgrey » July 3rd, 2012, 12:46 am

i think i see but Ms. Metrobay is smarter more experienced than Shelley no?

but i can understand she does not remember the moments she was controlled by the collar. But she is not shelley being a true superhero, when not controlled she has to remember Doctor Tinker and at least the mayors behavior before she was collared? I loved the control Ginger exerted over her at that time!

Would she not then go to the mayor for answers? and maybe see the mayors enhancement and connect the dots?
msgrey

Postby Doctor Robo » July 3rd, 2012, 3:58 am

msgrey wrote:i think i see but Ms. Metrobay is smarter more experienced than Shelley no?

but i can understand she does not remember the moments she was controlled by the collar. But she is not shelley being a true superhero, when not controlled she has to remember Doctor Tinker and at least the mayors behavior before she was collared? I loved the control Ginger exerted over her at that time!

Would she not then go to the mayor for answers? and maybe see the mayors enhancement and connect the dots?

Those are all good points, and definitely topics we should explore if we do a sequel to this story. I'm with Trish that the combination of the 'freak out' and the control collar may have messed with Ms. Metrobay's mind enough to keep her from remembering exactly what happened to her. However, she may have a few nagging flickers of memories that won't go away, and will lead her to investigate sooner or later.

Would any of you like to see us chronicle the further adventures of Dr. Virginia?

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Ghosthand » July 3rd, 2012, 5:34 am

Doctor Robo wrote:
msgrey wrote:i think i see but Ms. Metrobay is smarter more experienced than Shelley no?

Those are all good points, and definitely topics we should explore if we do a sequel to this story. I'm with Trish that the combination of the 'freak out' and the control collar may have messed with Ms. Metrobay's mind enough to keep her from remembering exactly what happened to her. However, she may have a few nagging flickers of memories that won't go away, and will lead her to investigate sooner or later.

Would any of you like to see us chronicle the further adventures of Dr. Virginia?

- Doc

yes, yes yes! Oh, and YES!
Ghosthand

Postby Sumatra » July 3rd, 2012, 6:38 pm

Doctor Robo wrote:

- Doc

I'm going to be honest. As a new reader Doctor Tinker didnt have the impact on me as Belinda or Gothikka did. She just isnt erotic at all. Much rather see more Belinda or Ginger.

Loved Miss Metrobay's hulking out and was cool but the sex with the cop was a turn-off. I expected her and the Mayor to do something. Not a random guy she came across.

I agree with the above posts. Ms. Metrobay should have kicked some Tinker ass.

-Sumatra
Sumatra

Postby msgrey » July 4th, 2012, 2:01 am

Doctor Robo wrote:

- Doc

yes please! I think Doctor Tinker has a LOT To answer for! Maybe she can steal other heroes assets for herself? Doctor Tinker and hypnoticas boobs would make adangerous combination!
msgrey

Postby Akonkid » July 4th, 2012, 9:54 am

Sumatra wrote:I'm going to be honest. As a new reader Doctor Tinker didnt have the impact on me as Belinda or Gothikka did. She just isnt erotic at all. Much rather see more Belinda or Ginger.

Loved Miss Metrobay's hulking out and was cool but the sex with the cop was a turn-off. I expected her and the Mayor to do something. Not a random guy she came across.

I agree with the above posts. Ms. Metrobay should have kicked some Tinker ass.

-Sumatra

Tinker is far from my favorite villain, and I totally agree that Belinda and Gothikka have this dark sort of eroticism about them I find fascinating. I mean, Belinda's a modestly-sized, skunk-haired bitch, and yet I find her to be one of the most beautiful women in Metrobay due to her dynamic personality, unique look, and sexy quirks.

But Tinker serves a different sort of role in my opinion. Reading her wiki, she's psychologically messed up and drawn to freaks and mutants and abnormalities. She gets turned on by "tinkering" with other human beings, and the more alien and freakish she makes them, the more interested in them she becomes. The fact her husband is a genetic freak of nature plays into her weird desires, and she did the same thing in the Musk of Mynx storyline. I think there's a lot of potential to be found in that.

And, I guess as an older reader, I'm more than okay with Ms. Metrobay not having sex with the Mayor... again. They've done that multiple times now already, including this very story in earlier chapters. We've already seen those two in action. The "random guy" is Officer Mick, a frequent presence in dozens of stories at this point who is pretty much known for being in the wrong place at the wrong time (or right place at the right time, depending on your perspective). I think it was awesome seeing Ms. Metrobay go wild on him, because, for starters, she's into men, not women, so it wouldn't have made sense for her to go after the Mayor, and secondly, we got to see his reaction to this wild, untamed sex beast, while the Mayor's mind control probably would have limited her reaction, shock, and unwillingness to reciprocate her advances.

That said, like many have stated, I think Tinker's far from finished at this point. No way she can do something like that and now either deal with the consequences or try and one-up her prior endeavor. And I'm curious to see if "Ms. MetroFreak" might make any more appearances.

Also, if I was Mick, I would NOT replace that baton. I'd mount that thing on the wall and build a shrine around it.
If she would just do what I asked, I wouldn't need to use mind control!
Akonkid

Postby Ghosthand » July 4th, 2012, 10:40 am

I like Dr. Tinker, she has so much potential. I have a great deal more interests than just the straight mind control. A lot of the villians her have two things they do, mind control the victem and have sex with them. Now don't get me wrong, that's fun and there are so many different variations on that, but after a while that can get boring. Dr. Tinker's goals put a twist on things. With her personality there are almost limitless things I could see her doing to the heroines of Metrobay, body swaps, physical alterations, mental alterations, corruption, just to name a few. I think Dr. Tinker is a great character, with a lot of potential.
Ghosthand

Postby Doctor Robo » August 9th, 2012, 7:14 pm

Ghosthand wrote:I like Dr. Tinker, she has so much potential. I have a great deal more interests than just the straight mind control. A lot of the villians her have two things they do, mind control the victem and have sex with them. Now don't get me wrong, that's fun and there are so many different variations on that, but after a while that can get boring. Dr. Tinker's goals put a twist on things. With her personality there are almost limitless things I could see her doing to the heroines of Metrobay, body swaps, physical alterations, mental alterations, corruption, just to name a few. I think Dr. Tinker is a great character, with a lot of potential.

You make a good point. That's why we're making an effort to create more diverse characters, particularly villains. Though Virginia is a scientist, her field of expertise is genetics, not robotics or whatever. I think we'll be able to explore that side of her more deeply in future stories - perhaps even some of the ideas you mentioned above. :)

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Doctor Robo » August 9th, 2012, 7:20 pm

Akonkid wrote:And, I guess as an older reader, I'm more than okay with Ms. Metrobay not having sex with the Mayor... again. They've done that multiple times now already, including this very story in earlier chapters. We've already seen those two in action. The "random guy" is Officer Mick, a frequent presence in dozens of stories at this point who is pretty much known for being in the wrong place at the wrong time (or right place at the right time, depending on your perspective). I think it was awesome seeing Ms. Metrobay go wild on him, because, for starters, she's into men, not women, so it wouldn't have made sense for her to go after the Mayor, and secondly, we got to see his reaction to this wild, untamed sex beast, while the Mayor's mind control probably would have limited her reaction, shock, and unwillingness to reciprocate her advances.

That's pretty much what I was going for. I wanted to revisit that brief scene with Ms. Metrobay and Officer Jones that I hinted at way back in "Superheroine Squad". I suppose that may have been too obscure of a reference to expect people to remember among the thousands of pages we have published over the years. My apologies for that.

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Ghosthand » August 10th, 2012, 8:38 pm

Doctor Robo wrote:
Ghosthand wrote:I like Dr. Tinker, she has so much potential. I have a great deal more interests than just the straight mind control. A lot of the villians her have two things they do, mind control the victem and have sex with them. Now don't get me wrong, that's fun and there are so many different variations on that, but after a while that can get boring. Dr. Tinker's goals put a twist on things. With her personality there are almost limitless things I could see her doing to the heroines of Metrobay, body swaps, physical alterations, mental alterations, corruption, just to name a few. I think Dr. Tinker is a great character, with a lot of potential.

You make a good point. That's why we're making an effort to create more diverse characters, particularly villains. Though Virginia is a scientist, her field of expertise is genetics, not robotics or whatever. I think we'll be able to explore that side of her more deeply in future stories - perhaps even some of the ideas you mentioned above. :)

- Doc

Awesome!! :)
Ghosthand

Previous

Return to Trishbot