The Synthetic Exposé

Discuss "The Division" and other stories with Uzobono!

The Synthetic Exposé

Postby Uzobono » May 31st, 2012, 10:17 pm

Hello all! Today I bring you a giant, mega, absolutely filled to the brim with hot action, a short story spanning 50+ pages of dolled up goodness :D.

Rumors of The Agency's nefarious deeds have spread throughout the metropolis of Karo City for months, citizens of all walks of life disappear without a trace, and the sudden appearance of the much sought after pleasure dolls may be behind it. An investigative reporter takes the risk of a lifetime to infiltrate a hidden laboratory, and delves deep to uncover a secret so sinister, even she may not believe it with her own eyes!

You can find "The Synthetic Exposé" here in the free area of http://www.mccomix.com:

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=43889

I hope you all enjoy and would love to hear your feedback, and remember for best viewing, to press "Add Album to Cart", go to the right upper portion of the page to << cart actions >>, and press download in zip.
Uzobono

Re: The Synthetic Exposé

Postby Emiliakit » May 31st, 2012, 10:40 pm

just read a doll day uzo it was awesome I cant wait to read this one.downloding now!
Emiliakit

Postby Ghosthand » May 31st, 2012, 10:44 pm

Awesome story, loved every part of it:) I hope we see a lot more of these dolls :)
Ghosthand

Postby kakyo001 » June 1st, 2012, 7:10 am

this comic reminds me of "The Outer Limits" to some extend... but I can't point my finger on the exact episode... but they had many of those "the person the hero tried to save is actually the enemy"-type of episodes :roll:

and the doll-program seems to have some problems... throwing the poor 905 into a loop
kakyo001

Postby hypno85 » June 1st, 2012, 7:32 am

Like a computer you all ways not get everything Detele. Some say that Love is a power thing.

That is a great up grade to the dolls.
Great Story the best !!!

Tomorrow will there more upgrade and with hair ?
will the owe of Doll 905 become a New type of doll ?
hypno85

Postby DrSpok » June 1st, 2012, 8:03 am

I really loved this story! Great portrayals of dollification.
I hope you will make more of these short stories in between :)
Keep up the good work!
DrSpok

Postby fools_page » June 1st, 2012, 4:43 pm

An excellent follow-up to "Doll Day Afternoon"! There were many things to enjoy here: the sheer look of joy on Shan's face when the drone hypnotized her, her exaggerated sexual response following her "dolling," the way she played with her nipples, her reactions to the other dolls, the final mind control . . . all superbly portrayed. And without going into spoilers, the twist at the end . . . very nice.

The way you handled Dr. Rei was good, too. She was much more subdued here, but that was how she should be, in this story, her character not being the focus so much. A good contrast with her previous appearances.

Looking forward to tomorrow's story. I'm liking the individual, stand-alone stories as much as the longer "Division" serials. Each one adds depth to the world you are creating.

fools_page
fools_page

Postby Uzobono » June 2nd, 2012, 2:14 am

Thanks so so much for the feedback all :D!

@Emiliakit: Glad you enjoyed DDA, and hope you enjoy Exposé even more!

@Ghosthand: Of course! I'll be making doll/drone/other mc-type issues to supplement my main Division arc for you guys.

@Kakyo001: I think you might be thinking of that episode where this alien empire conquered Earth, and this couple joins a resistance to assassinate the husband's(?) "master", then the twist was it was just another "master" trying to get rid of a rival. At the end the wife/husband get brainwashed into serving the new master. (one of my favorites.)

@hypno85: That's the power of love :). Well....it might've just been a corrupt file too.

@DrSpok: Thanks so much!

@fools_page: So happy you liked it! I was hesitant to use Doctor Rei again thought it does help enforce she's "in charge" of that place. Glad you enjoyed the twist ;).
Uzobono

Postby Ghosthand » June 3rd, 2012, 9:35 pm

Although I hate to point out inconsistencies in science fiction (emphasis on the word fiction) the programming of 905 wasn’t done how you would normally think it would be done.

The programming was mind wipe, downloading programs and then formatting. For real life computers this wouldn’t be right. Normally you would wipe the hard drive (the computerized mind in this case) then format it (you have to format the drive before you can put any information on it) and then download the programs. Then you can boot it up and run any diagnostics to make sure everything is working right.

Now, to take it further if you wish, you can create a backup copy of the original drive by partitioning the drive (once again the computerized brain) and create two separate drives. The partition wouldn’t have to be as big because it will just be storage and you can compress it. Then you just copy the information in the main drive to the partition before wiping it. This would give you the option to restore the original person’s mind while still having a mindless robot woman.

This also gives you a very unique option too. Once you are finished reprogramming your robot woman you could restore just the memory files, not the original operating system (what I would compare the free will, emotions, and personality of the human). This would give you a robot woman who acts like a robot, behaves like a robot, and thinks like a robot but has all the memories and skills of their former self.
Ghosthand

Postby Uzobono » June 4th, 2012, 1:12 am

Glad you caught that bit Ghosthand :), sometimes writing this length of story at one point or another I forget to double check for consistency, but you're right, the "formatting" should always be done *before* the download/reprogramming, unless somehow the downloaded data/personality was "set aside" or partitioned someway while the original mind was wiped.

I actually am going with Agent Haven (with an AI integrated in her brain) as per your second idea (albeit a bit different), though what you suggest is definitely interesting, would a person/heroine *still* be loyal to her allies/friends if she's "upgraded" so to speak? Or would she want to share her "gift" with others?
Uzobono

Postby Ghosthand » June 4th, 2012, 10:22 am

Uzobono wrote:Glad you caught that bit Ghosthand :), sometimes writing this length of story at one point or another I forget to double check for consistency, but you're right, the "formatting" should always be done *before* the download/reprogramming, unless somehow the downloaded data/personality was "set aside" or partitioned someway while the original mind was wiped.

I actually am going with Agent Haven (with an AI integrated in her brain) as per your second idea (albeit a bit different), though what you suggest is definitely interesting, would a person/heroine *still* be loyal to her allies/friends if she's "upgraded" so to speak? Or would she want to share her "gift" with others?

I think that question is assuming that the person/heroine is now an AI, but that is not necessarily the case. That would depend totally on their new OS so to speak. At the simplest level they would just be a computerized robot with a large amount of data in their memory. They would respond to orders and requests on their memory just like your desktop doing what their user protocols define.

The other end of the scale would be the full AI. Although they would start their ‘life’ going by the protocols initially set in their programming they could evolve past those, discarding certain ones once they have outgrew them. This would be a very dangerous type of robot woman and I couldn’t see any normal mad scientist creating this unless they were trying to create a new form of life or had ways to make sure they were in control of this being. Of course they could just be a really insane scientist :)

I would think that most scientists would opt for something in between, a controllable robot woman with a human emulator program that emulated their original personality for duplicity or a new personality as a villain, servant, or just a play toy.

Now to really confuse the issue what would happen if you restored the full human brain back into a robotic mind? Would the mind reject the emotions and feelings as faulty programs or be able to evolve enough to accept the concept of a chaotic universe? That might be opening a can of worms way too deep for this story site though :)
Ghosthand

Postby tomcat » June 5th, 2012, 11:23 am

Great stories, Uzobono, and stunning dolls. I'm looking forward both to Your collaboration with Northern Chill and Your own stories.

Btw. You're familiar with this: http://scifisecret.tripod.com/1.html , right? :)

...just to be sure
tomcat

Postby Uzobono » June 5th, 2012, 1:34 pm

@tomcat: yep :), that story (plus her Space Ditz Rags Game) inspired me to start these shorts.
Uzobono

Postby tomcat » June 5th, 2012, 4:19 pm

Yes! Space Ditz were great
Losing was never so much fun, before! :D
tomcat

Postby msgrey » June 8th, 2012, 1:17 pm

Hello Uzobono, thanks so much for producing this comic! I immensely enjoyed ;) The Synthetic Expose, I wish it was longer, I hope we see more of Shan and Tanya soon!
msgrey

Next

Return to Uzobono