A Doll Day Afternoon

Discuss "The Division" and other stories with Uzobono!

Re: A Doll Day Afternoon

Postby fools_page » May 29th, 2012, 3:10 pm

Uzobono wrote:
hypno85 wrote:I Love the doll, So the whole body and mind is plasticised ?
My thinking after a lot fuck with the doll you would hate that squeak voice and take the doll back.
I would want a up grade or money back.
So How Plastic mind work? still I can think the doll move if all plastic
all well something I need think about.
time get back in have sex with the doll and tape over the mouth or blow job.

When the doctor mentions "plasticising" the mind, she simplified it for Vivienne, the dolls are meant to be gynoids/bots, rather than plastic dolls, these early models just happen to squeak ;).

Canon explanation would be, the Dol-E formula (the pink formula) transforms the body into a synthetic form, and the Dol-U formula (the green formula) erases/robotizes the mind so the doll can be programmed as you like :).

This was a part of the story that I particularly liked, but for which some reason I didn't mention earlier . . . The line in the story is "plasticises the brain on contact, but also provides necessary neural circuitry to uplink the doll to our mainframe." I took this literally: the Dol-U formula transformed the subject's brain and neural tissue, and in doing so laid the "plastic" circuitry that would allow for the later computer linkage. This procedure explains why the subject's eyes go blank/white: the neural tissue has been directly affected. Most stories of mind control, when they go for the blank-eyed look, assume the subject's eyes just rolled up inside the head; here, there is an actual reason for the whitewash. The subject's brain is no longer organic, so more so than any other part of her plasticized body. So, as I took it, the transformation occurred in three stages: 1) plasticization of the body, 2) plasticization of the brain/laying of neural circuitry, and 3) uplink of that neural circuitry with the computer, using the protrusion that entered the subject's mouth.

I wouldn't assume that "plastic" is meant literally, though, as Uzobono stated above. Probably some form of "plastic-like nanomaterial," is how I would take it.
fools_page

Postby Ghosthand » May 30th, 2012, 7:08 pm

I think what I liked most about this story is that it wasn't the normal 'good' villian transformation. What I mean is most times writes tend to not be really evil with their villians. The transformations are not permanent and they have a care for their victems. It's hard to be truely evil :) In this story is is very obvious that the transformation is quite permanent, their entire body is turned into unliving plactic (and other things), their mind is completely erased, and they are sold off like and other piece of merchandise without a care in the world for the person they use to be.

Another thing I enjoyed was that both dolls came out looking almost identical. It is the full expression that they have been erased from existance, just another doll.

Upgrades I would like to see, built in vibrators and a speech synthisiser. Another thing, not everyone would be able to afford these types of toys and I'm sure someone out there would see a way to make money with them. Upgradeing with a credit card reader would allow enterprising young men to 'whore' their dolls out for a profit. And it would probably be totally legal, nothing wrong with renting out toys.
Ghosthand

Postby Uzobono » May 31st, 2012, 3:08 am

@Ghosthand

I think you'll be very satisfied then tomorrow when I post the mega one-shot "The Synthetic Expose" and Northern Chill's "Specialized Shopping" on Saturday.
Uzobono

Postby hypno85 » May 31st, 2012, 7:25 am

Uzobono wrote:
hypno85 wrote:I Love the doll, So the whole body and mind is plasticised ?
My thinking after a lot fuck with the doll you would hate that squeak voice and take the doll back.
I would want a up grade or money back.
So How Plastic mind work? still I can think the doll move if all plastic
all well something I need think about.
time get back in have sex with the doll and tape over the mouth or blow job.

When the doctor mentions "plasticising" the mind, she simplified it for Vivienne, the dolls are meant to be gynoids/bots, rather than plastic dolls, these early models just happen to squeak ;).

Canon explanation would be, the Dol-E formula (the pink formula) transforms the body into a synthetic form, and the Dol-U formula (the green formula) erases/robotizes the mind so the doll can be programmed as you like :).

Thank you in clearing it up for me. So there are robot with No mind but to have sex
hypno85

Postby kakyo001 » May 31st, 2012, 7:33 am

the number of abductions are higher than I had expected (if one takes the doll number from the newest cover into account)

after 2 years they've turned 1063 or more women into mindless fuck-dolls ... ~530 women missing per year... and that's just for this one project... how many more are turned into those grey drones or are forced to obey the Agency through lesser invasive methods (like slave collars)

if I was a woman and living in the lower class area I would get the hell out of there :P
kakyo001

Postby Hector2 » July 2nd, 2012, 4:45 pm

Hi Uzobono!

I think Kakyo001 and Ghosthand are right: There is no place for anyone of the lower classes in Karo City. Neither for the A class citizens, it seems. That is a place with villains truly amoral.

I found interesting that there is a process to make into a doll an human being. But the problem I saw with that is that every doll seems exactly like the other… there is no way to differentiate them. Also, there is the horror that there is no way to know what was their original body if the files are lost…

Also, there is good in Karo City with María Cortez… only that we always see it lost. An Vivienne Lavide? Could it be translated like “Thirsty for life”?

Really, Karo city is hell on earth for everyone, and Vivienne broke the rules: They are amoral, but strictly just 
Hector2

Postby Uzobono » July 2nd, 2012, 11:04 pm

Hector2 wrote:Hi Uzobono!

I think Kakyo001 and Ghosthand are right: There is no place for anyone of the lower classes in Karo City. Neither for the A class citizens, it seems. That is a place with villains truly amoral.

I found interesting that there is a process to make into a doll an human being. But the problem I saw with that is that every doll seems exactly like the other… there is no way to differentiate them. Also, there is the horror that there is no way to know what was their original body if the files are lost…

Also, there is good in Karo City with María Cortez… only that we always see it lost. An Vivienne Lavide? Could it be translated like “Thirsty for life”?

Really, Karo city is hell on earth for everyone, and Vivienne broke the rules: They are amoral, but strictly just 

Hi Hector, you're right, Karo isn't very forgiving with *anyone*, though we haven't seen the government of the city for example, something I hope to explore in the future.

Remember I set up in Division #1 that there are Anti-Slaver groups in the city, of various forms (with ex-Agents Haven and Ruby being a independent pair at the moment), so while you've seen no hope for the victims, the Anti-Slavers might have tricks up their sleeve.

For dolls, you can refer to "The Division: Biographies" that outline the various types:

The Mark I dolls you saw in "A Doll Day Afternoon" are exactly the same.

With the Mark II dolls introduced in "The Synthetic Expose" and "Specialized Shopping", they retain some physical features of the original person and can speak. These set up the major difference between Mark I's and the others with the branding of the person's name on the side of the head, telling the buyer they are purchasing a "unique" doll.

Mark III dolls have even more of their features, and customize-able personalities.

Mark IV's go a step further, almost all of the physical features of the former human, and a few other *perks* ;) .

I'm glad you caught Vivienne's name :D. Yes, there are rules even within this city that if you're careful you can break, Vivienne....not so careful.
Uzobono

Previous

Return to Uzobono