Queen's Reign: Posts & Discussion

Discuss "Omega Unit" and other stories with Firstborn!

Queen's Reign: Posts & Discussion

Postby FirstBorn » March 19th, 2012, 9:47 pm

Hello again my fellow mind control enthusiasts!

I am proud to present chapter one of The Queen's Reign!

Link: http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=37567

Synopsis: Ensign Nareese is not in a good place right now. Both emotionally and literally. No one visits the inside of a cell in a planetside security station for fun. But she's not there because she partied to hard the night before. Oh no, she has a story to tell- a rather unbelievable one at that. But the head of security has just enough patience to listen to it one more time... And so the end- begins.

Queen's Reign is the "sequel" to the Haywire origin story, albeit sans Haywire herself. This story picks up where that story left off but remains in futuristic universe where a nanite super weapon is poised to claim dominance over the galaxy.

This story is ***NOT*** set in the same universe as the Omega Unit. Originally it was the source of Haywire's augmented powers but during that story it took on a life of its own. So now it gets its own story as well.

Chapter two will come in just over a month on my usual posting day. I hope you enjoy.
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Re: Queen's Reign: Posts & Discussion

Postby sohta123 » March 20th, 2012, 4:28 pm

FirstBorn wrote:Hello again my fellow mind control enthusiasts!

Queen's Reign is the "sequel" to the Haywire origin story, albeit sans Haywire herself. This story picks up where that story left off but remains in futuristic universe where a nanite super weapon is poised to claim dominance over the galaxy.

This story is ***NOT*** set in the same universe as the Omega Unit. Originally it was the source of Haywire's augmented powers but during that story it took on a life of its own. So now it gets its own story as well.

So to try to understand what the difference is:
The lifeform (queen) from Haywire is in an alternate universe than the similar lifeform in the Omega Unit universe. Both are initially spawned from similar beginnings but have basically branched into different universes to attempt to take them over uniquely. The only other difference being that in one universe the characters are further into the future, correct?

The hologram is one of my favorite characters in your stories. She seems very cold and methodical like a great villainess should be (exceptions allowed for a variety of characters of course).
Also, Great job! Loving it so far. Glad you have two distinct stories for us to enjoy.
sohta123

Postby Tecknophyle » March 20th, 2012, 7:37 pm

sohta123 wrote:
The lifeform (queen) from Haywire is in an alternate universe than the similar lifeform in the Omega Unit universe. Both are initially spawned from similar beginnings but have basically branched into different universes to attempt to take them over uniquely. The only other difference being that in one universe the characters are further into the future, correct?

The nanites that created Haywire went through a wormhole to the universe of the Omega Unit. Once those nanites were sent on their way, the Queen and her assimilated ship then went off on their merry way to the space station, and the story currently in process.
Tecknophyle

Postby FirstBorn » March 20th, 2012, 8:52 pm

Tecknophyle wrote:
sohta123 wrote:

The nanites that created Haywire went through a wormhole to the universe of the Omega Unit. Once those nanites were sent on their way, the Queen and her assimilated ship then went off on their merry way to the space station, and the story currently in process.

Exactly! I've been told I sometimes lack the ability to *summarize*. Props to Tecknophyle for doing what I can't... in fewer words. ;)
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby Hector2 » April 1st, 2012, 10:04 pm

Dear Firstborn:

April Fool’s day left me with feeling bored. I realized that today there will be not any update in this site or hipcomix, and so, I wanted to do a good review of your story. I have seen your story before, but only a couple of minutes, and I thought it was only a continuation of “Omega Unit” (an alien invasion IN SPACE!!!) and so I only give that little time. :roll:

Now that I check it again, “Wow… who is that head of security at page 1?” :shock:

I don’t know what to say about this, but this is the coolest idea I have seen for a comic… like forever? Just seeing this and the new captain, I could cry: this is like those fanfictions that you wrote about that show, and you wrote himself as a Mary Sue or a Gary Stu, saving all the crew, the ship, and the universe by yourself… Oh my…

I doubt if Ensing Nareese is like another Wesley: a young, brilliant, tech savvy cadet with a stroke of genius who follows his own rules and always manage to save the universe despite everyone in the fictional and real universe hating his guts and wanting to punch him in the face. Really I don’t know if I want to the Queen be defeated (like some hive mind special menace we saw on that show that wanted to assimilate everyone and claimed resistance was futile) because that would mean that Ensing Nareese somehow saved us all.

Really, this was awesome. The design of the uniforms was so cool! I hope we see much more of another rubber head aliens and technology! This is the best concept I have seen in a lot of time and I think it would be worthy even when certain company send you a letter of cease and desist.

You have won me, I can’t wait next issue, I could cry, but that would be too ridiculous even for a fan :ugeek: like me… oh well…

Sincerely, Hector.
Hector2

Postby FirstBorn » April 2nd, 2012, 3:04 pm

Hector2 wrote:Dear Firstborn:

((...Sic))

Really, this was awesome. The design of the uniforms was so cool! I hope we see much more of another rubber head aliens and technology! This is the best concept I have seen in a lot of time and I think it would be worthy even when certain company send you a letter of cease and desist.

You have won me, I can’t wait next issue, I could cry, but that would be too ridiculous even for a fan :ugeek: like me… oh well…

Sincerely, Hector.

-- Wow. Such praise I almost don't know what to say. Other than, of course, Thanks!

I'm glad you liked it. I'm working on more as we speak but I have the main story done (in my head). Its just the little details that have to be worked out as the story progresses. To a degree all of my stories help to write themselves as I let both the medium and the characters guide what happens next as long as it fits within the main plot thrust.

As for your first comment, and as you can see above- it *IS* a continuation of a sort- although this time any connection to the O.U. has been washed from it and it stands on its own. I'll let Technophyle's short summary of the setting stand on its own beyond that.

I'm glad you like the story concept- and I spent quite a bit of time working on the uniforms to be an obvious homage while unique enough to not risk the aforementioned letter from a certain company. It was also a MUCH better set of models for the setting than the original I used back in Omega Unit: Haywire. But then again that story is also considerably older.

As for your hopes and dreams of frequent assimilations in the chapters to come I do not intend to disappoint. This is what might have happened had a certain other "Queen" on a much larger screen been freed from the limitations of a Pg-13 movie to wreak the havoc that her power should have allowed- all be it much earlier in her career. ;)

Hope you enjoy the ride!
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby FirstBorn » April 28th, 2012, 9:59 am

I am proud to present chapter two of The Queen's Reign!

Link: http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=39009

Synopsis:
After a short interruption back at the security station our story continues. Where were we- oh yes! Back in the flashback Ensign Nareese was dealing with a small interruption of her own. What she hears should have chilled her to the bone and left her running for an escape as fast as she can. But before she can dash off to her salvation the security feed from the bridge once again draws her attention... And so the end- continues.

Here you go guys- Enjoy! And as always, let me know what you think!
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby kakyo001 » April 28th, 2012, 1:03 pm

the red shirt is down... (wearing something red seems to be death sign since Star Trek :roll: )

judging from the first 2 pictures it looks like the whole interview is futile in the end... the assimilation story seems to get very real very soon for the security chief

about the captain and her daughter... it could be possible for the captain to claim obedience while she stays true to herself... her assimilation was special anyway...
but how does she send messages to her daughter... her ship AI has been infected too... shouldn't it report her "unusual behaviour" to its queen ?
kakyo001

Postby FirstBorn » April 30th, 2012, 8:42 am

kakyo001 wrote:the red shirt is down... (wearing something red seems to be death sign since Star Trek :roll: )

-- Sorry- I just had to. Any good spoof on the genre has to make reference to this meme.

kakyo001 wrote:judging from the first 2 pictures it looks like the whole interview is futile in the end... the assimilation story seems to get very real very soon for the security chief

-- Catch that did you? The flashback can not last forever.

kakyo001 wrote:about the captain and her daughter... it could be possible for the captain to claim obedience while she stays true to herself... her assimilation was special anyway...
but how does she send messages to her daughter... her ship AI has been infected too... shouldn't it report her "unusual behavior" to its queen ?

-- True, the Captain's assimilation was special. It is entirely possible that she could be playing both sides in some way. As to the second part of your quandary... that is a good question isn't it. And one I have not overlooked.

;)

Thanks for the comment!
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby sohta123 » April 30th, 2012, 1:11 pm

Great chapter. I'm really hoping that mom is the downfall of her daughter.
Also think that Casey is one of the best characters on this site. I'd love to have seen her and Silver Satin together doing unscrupulous things to their victims.
sohta123

Postby FirstBorn » May 2nd, 2012, 4:49 pm

sohta123 wrote:Great chapter. I'm really hoping that mom is the downfall of her daughter.
Also think that Casey is one of the best characters on this site. I'd love to have seen her and Silver Satin together doing unscrupulous things to their victims.

-- Thanks- and for the compliment on Casey as well! What do you like best about Casey, if I may ask? I'm always curious to see how other people "see" my characters.
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby sohta123 » May 2nd, 2012, 9:05 pm

FirstBorn wrote:-- Thanks- and for the compliment on Casey as well! What do you like best about Casey, if I may ask? I'm always curious to see how other people "see" my characters.

#1 - She's smokin' hot to begin with.
#2 - I like the fact that her AI design was of a pure character and that once her program was modified she became totally corrupted. She no longer has any qualms what-so-ever about corrupting others and in fact revels in it. I enjoy the personality altering aspect of this. Sure I like a few mindless drones as they are erotic and intriguing as well but not nearly as interesting and desirable as someone whose moral center has changed to the point of being downright taboo. I love the aspect that not only will she enslave someone but will also modify their behavior to her liking. She differs somehow from the crew personnel that were changed because she still seems to have her mind intact (and although she is totally devoted to the queen I feel like she'd take control if given the opportunity). The crew seem more like an extension of the queen herself and that's still hot but just in a different way.
#3 - I LOVE her outfit and makeup! She looks so sinister and seductive.
#4 - I like the opportunity that she has in that scientifically she can probably change/control/corrupt (the three C's) others in so many methods that it boggles the mind ... (pun intended). I love to see science used more-so than sorcery as it's more believable to me. But I like magic as well for a mix. What I don't enjoy is the swinging watch types of hypnotism. And I guess stating that it stands to reason that I enjoy mind control more than mesmerism, it seems more absolute.
#5 - did I mention that she's hot?

This storyline seems to lean to what I haven't seen here in pretty much any storyline in that it looks like the villain(s) can totally dominate this universe. I'd like to see that side of some tales so that the struggle is on the effort of the hero to overcome insurmountable odds and not the other way around on the part of the antagonist. The R.O.P.E organization itself is the only other entity that comes to mind that is currently like that (individual villains are beaten but not the organization).

Anyhow keep up the great work and I look forward to more.
Thanks
sohta123

Postby FirstBorn » May 3rd, 2012, 3:51 pm

sohta123 wrote:
#1 - She's smokin' hot to begin with.
#2 - I like the fact that her AI design was of a pure character and that once her program was modified she became totally corrupted. She no longer has any qualms what-so-ever about corrupting others and in fact revels in it. I enjoy the personality altering aspect of this. Sure I like a few mindless drones as they are erotic and intriguing as well but not nearly as interesting and desirable as someone whose moral center has changed to the point of being downright taboo. I love the aspect that not only will she enslave someone but will also modify their behavior to her liking. She differs somehow from the crew personnel that were changed because she still seems to have her mind intact (and although she is totally devoted to the queen I feel like she'd take control if given the opportunity). The crew seem more like an extension of the queen herself and that's still hot but just in a different way.
#3 - I LOVE her outfit and makeup! She looks so sinister and seductive.
#4 - I like the opportunity that she has in that scientifically she can probably change/control/corrupt (the three C's) others in so many methods that it boggles the mind ... (pun intended). I love to see science used more-so than sorcery as it's more believable to me. But I like magic as well for a mix. What I don't enjoy is the swinging watch types of hypnotism. And I guess stating that it stands to reason that I enjoy mind control more than mesmerism, it seems more absolute.
#5 - did I mention that she's hot?

-- Thanks for the input. Out of curiosity, do you prefer her in her current "re-suited" incarnation, or did you prefer her slave attire more? As for #2, I think you'll like chapter 3 then. You did give me something to think about with #4 there. With her exhaustive database on human physiology I would imagine she would be a rather nasty foe in a fight. Not exactly "I know Kung-Fu" or anything but it would come a close second if your foe wasn't especially trained to hit back either.

And yes, I believe you did mention she was hot- thanks! I particularly light that model's skin-tones. Just enough calculated effects to give her a nice look but not so much that it bogs down the machine during rendering. But that's more of a technical appreciation. ;) Whenever I'm writing dialogue for her for some reason I just can't get the "voice" of a certain other mentally broken villain from a more mainstream source... of course, my Casey would never have that high pitched of a voice, nor would she look good in clown suit. ;)

Thanks again, and hang on for the ride!
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby sohta123 » May 3rd, 2012, 4:19 pm

I have to say most if the time I like her fully clothed. The slave outfit is great when she's being made to be seductive but when she's automous she looks more sinister and intimidating in the outfit from Orgins chapter one.
Just had a thought that since she's on another ship there's probably more AI programs she could corrupt and since they aren't biological she could be their master instead of the Queen by technicality; might be a good opportunity for either a side story or another conflict.
One thing I'd like to add is that the way the Queen infects the process is quick, I'm hoping with some of the methods that Casey could come up with that they involve more conflict while the process takes place. Again variety is the spice of life.

Hope to see the next cover for this and Villains soon!
sohta123

Postby Hector2 » May 13th, 2012, 10:42 pm

Dear Firstborn:

This issue was great! But I think the officer interrogating Angela is not who I thought it would be… oh well…

Angela’s face at page 21 is hilarious!

Instead of saying “It’s out cold” at page 25, she must say “It’s dead Jim”.

And I think that, given Angela got away, there is still hope for Starf… eh… well, I am anxious to see next issue!

Congratulations!
Hector2

Next

Return to Firstborn