Discuss Femcops "The Big Bust" at hipcomix

Discuss the "League of Liberty" and other stories with Akonkid!

Discuss Femcops "The Big Bust" at hipcomix

Postby Hector2 » January 24th, 2011, 1:07 am

Hi everyone

Encouraged by Trishbot, I have initiated this thread to discuss about the Femcops tale "The big bust", three issues published at hipcomix (I'm sorry, I couldn't found a thread there).

I loved this tale, I loved Criada Guardia, I loved the narcissist, I loved the victims, but most of all, I loved the final, but more than anything, I loved June O'connel character!

First I tought "A Lois Lane Expy". But then, the best characteristics of Lois Lane are her integrity, her independence, and her smarts. June has all that and some! The best part is that she does not have an annoying boy scout boyfriend to save her from villains (then again, maybe she wanted to have him at the end of this tale!).

O'connell has not superpowers, but she is amazing and credible. I hope you can talk about her.

Thanks

Hector
Hector2

Re: Discuss Femcops "The Big Bust" at hipcomix

Postby Trishbot » January 24th, 2011, 8:51 pm

I loved June O'Connell. Great design. She was ruthless, hardworking, but moral and righteous. She had a lot of little details, ranging from the way she carried herself and dressed to even being one of the few smokers I've seen in the comics. She meant well but also ultimately got them all into trouble.

Here's hoping we see more of her soon, and more of the FEMCOPS as well.
Trishbot

Postby Hector2 » January 29th, 2011, 11:40 pm

Thanks for your response Trishbot!

I agree with you, June is everything that you say, and she is even more cool because she has not superpowers or police training. The only defect I can found in her is what I call "The Lois Lane effect", when an heroine who is perfectly capable and intelligent suddenly shows a very stupid attitude that put her in the villain clutches. Seriously, tripping on herself? What's next? Captain Love at the rescue?

This tradition of heroines came since the "Two fisted tales", but seriously, maybe Criada Guardia could have saved the day without that blunder.

I would like to ask Akonkid if I can make a little fiction about June Oconnell, and maybe the toymaster.

Thank you!
Hector2

Postby Akonkid » February 16th, 2011, 8:56 pm

Hey, sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I'm stretched thin these days.

Still, I'm thrilled you liked June as much as I did. I fully intend to have her running around and being amazing more frequently, but I simply don't have the time to do that. Same goes for the other Femcops and League girls out there. But, fret not, I have plenty of ideas for all them, June included, so she will definitely be back.

And I'd love to hear any fanfics about her too. Knock your socks off.
If she would just do what I asked, I wouldn't need to use mind control!
Akonkid

Postby Hector2 » February 18th, 2011, 11:28 pm

Thanks for your response Akonkid

By the way, have your "leave" finished? I would love to see another projects of yours!

I have some ideas for the fic, when I get some, I will tell you and I hope you could tell me your opinion.

Thanks again!
Hector2

Return to Akonkid