Going on Hiatus

Discuss the "League of Liberty" and other stories with Akonkid!

Re: Going on Hiatus

Postby bluemax2 » May 10th, 2011, 9:34 am

Akonkid:
How far out is Unity2?
I know there are many many of us awaiting its arrival.
If I may add that it could resume with Maya and the femcops. Pick up where it left off. With Unity Supreme showing up (materializing in her bedroom) at their apartment in the dead of the night. Maya (Unity Max?) is up and fully under control. Her two femcop colleagues sleep in the next room. She walks into the next room with Unity Supreme who places her mobile re-indoctrinator on each sleeping forms head and "voila" we have Unity 21 and Unity 25 back in action. All this occurs in a matter of an hour late that night at the femcops' apartment. They then call their other femcop buddy Criada Gaurdia (with the red hair). She comes over thinking they really need her and something's wrong only to find a different surprise waiting....

Will you be bringing in Metrobay heroines like Miss Metrobay, Valiant Girl, Pink Pussycat, BrownSugar and others to add more spice to the mix? Of course Kat and GoldenGirl and Emerald Tiger and the other League heroines must be re-assimilated in due time. The sooner the better, naturally.

We're looking forward to Doc and your fine creations in the near future, hopefully.
Thank you in advance.

bluemax
bluemax2

Postby Hector2 » May 10th, 2011, 8:03 pm

Hi Akonkid!

I only want to second Blue Max here, I am very interested in Maya Johnson, but his fall from grace from Femcop to Hitokay's bodyguard and partner in crime, Suki. I would love to see how Hitokai corrupted her (or simply enslaved her)?

Thanks

Hector 2
Hector2

Postby sohta123 » May 11th, 2011, 9:28 pm

Hope Unity2 starts soon and is the epic we're all wanting to see.
Agree that Maya should be a key figure kicking it off but would like to see that the natural time has passed since the events of Unity1.

I'm really anticipating not just mindless MC on this one but to see some of the main players in the story convert to cultish fanatic followers who are corrupted to their very core. Wouldn't mind seeing a few permanent conversions as well just as in the end of Unity1. :twisted:
sohta123

Postby bluemax2 » June 14th, 2011, 5:00 pm

Akonkid:
How are things going?
Any idea as to when your next series is due?
Will it be Unity2 or something else?
I know we all look forward to seeing your latest incredible offerings in the near future, hopefully.
Keep up the great work and here's to seeing you back with a vengance.

Regards,

bluemax
bluemax2

Postby leto17 » September 5th, 2011, 1:59 pm

Hello Akon!

I'm glad Body Image is still out there. I hope problems can get fixed in the future and you are doing well. Looking forward to Unity 2 and the like!
leto17

Postby hopelessbttrying » November 29th, 2012, 12:31 pm

hope all is well loved your stuff have a story in my head ( who doesn't ) anyway any freelancers out there that you can recommend?
hopelessbttrying

Postby bluemax2 » February 13th, 2013, 10:49 am

Akonkid:
How are you?
We all really miss you here at McComix.
When will we see you back here?
What are you working on now?

Please come back soon with your great stories and art.

regards,

Bluemax
bluemax2

Postby Akonkid » February 14th, 2013, 10:23 am

bluemax2 wrote:Akonkid:
How are you?
We all really miss you here at McComix.
When will we see you back here?
What are you working on now?

Please come back soon with your great stories and art.

regards,

Bluemax

Hey! Bit of an update.

I'm well. My computer woes are solved.
I'd be back right now, but there are currently no open slots for the next couple of months, but I'm told I can be penciled in as soon as late March.
I'm still working on "Monkey Business" (geez, it's been awhile) and I got more planned for my heroines, including some crossovers....

Thanks for the support. I'm certainly not gone for good. I'll try and make the wait worth it.
If she would just do what I asked, I wouldn't need to use mind control!
Akonkid

Postby MacroLass » February 14th, 2013, 4:21 pm

Woot! A pre-emptive welcome back then!

Glad to hear you're still in the game.
MacroLass

Postby Hector2 » February 17th, 2013, 9:56 am

I'm well. My computer woes are solved.
I'd be back right now, but there are currently no open slots for the next couple of months, but I'm told I can be penciled in as soon as late March.
I'm still working on "Monkey Business" (geez, it's been awhile) and I got more planned for my heroines, including some crossovers....

Thanks for the support. I'm certainly not gone for good. I'll try and make the wait worth it.

I am certainly happy you have solved your problems and coming back!

And even when I am a fan of "Monkey Business" and "Unity", I would like to ask you to write Maya's transformation into Suki

Thanks!
Hector2

Postby Akonkid » April 19th, 2013, 1:57 pm

Well... I was going to have a grand return here a few days ago this very week. I was psyched for it. Had my next issue of "Monkey Business" nearly finished and was beyond pleased to jump back into a universe I loved with a community and readership I adore...

... Only for a very sudden family medical crisis to hit. I strongly believe in being as professional as possible with these comics, but I confess that with my mother in the hospital, I lost sight of everything else outside of that and didn't even THINK about my comic until things had slowed down after a few days, some stability had set in, and relatives had stopped pouring in from every corner of the country to lend us a hand.

Sadly, in that time, I missed my debut and failed to even finish the issue, let alone inform anybody whatsoever of what was going on. I haven't touched a computer in days, and things are a bit... iffy... right now on whether I'll even be allowed to contribute to this site anymore (I've been removed from the contributor update list). I'll make an effort to resolve things, as I think it was mostly a misunderstanding and my own negligence... but, well, I was, and still am, a bit of an emotional mess right now. I really wanted this to be one of those "happy weeks", and it's turned out to be anything but thus far.

Anyway, that's my update of things at this moment. I'm... drained... but while I'm pretty run down physically and emotionally, my heart still delights in my comics. They've kept me going through many dark times before and I hope they'll continue to do so again. I'll see if I can work things out with this site and get some material posted, but, well, maybe things won't get resolved. I don't know. I'm not in charge here; I just make hot comics. We'll see.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding.
If she would just do what I asked, I wouldn't need to use mind control!
Akonkid

Postby GARFIELD » April 19th, 2013, 7:18 pm

Sorry for your mother. They better let you back, i have been waiting for your return for a long time and if your not coming back well that's it bye, bye subsciption!!!!
You are the reason i am still a member (you and uzo) and uzo is mostly in the free area.
GARFIELD

Postby Champ » April 20th, 2013, 6:59 pm

I offer best wishes to you and your family. I have missed your work for a long time and agree that you are an essential part of this website. I hope things get resolved soon and that you are back without any hiccups!

One day at a time, and one fan in your corner!
Champ

Postby Mr. Cryptic » April 22nd, 2013, 7:19 pm

Best wishes for your mother, Akonkid.

I miss your presence here, and I hope you and the Liberty Legion may return soon :) .
Mr. Cryptic

Previous

Return to Akonkid