League of Liberty - "Monkey Business"

Discuss the "League of Liberty" and other stories with Akonkid!

Re: League of Liberty - "Monkey Business"

Postby Hector2 » November 3rd, 2011, 11:35 pm

Dear Akonkid:
You’re awesome! This issue of “Monkey Business” is the best! I promise to do a better review later, but I need to praise some of the better things in a very good issue:

1. Captain’s Love, as Tomcat said, is a “True Exemplar of Distilled Manhood”. Well maybe not, after all, he mentioned that both (Gorilla Lass and him) fought the robots. He could have said: “Me”.

2. An incisive and cool cameo from my favorite reporter, June O’Conell. Thank you for four pages of June! Only a thing, isn’t she a little… condescending – to say the least – when she asks Captain Love: “You've dated many notable women, what attracted you to Gorilla Gal?”

3. I loved to see again Lola Landers in page 37. Byron’s plan is working like a charm, while he uses Lola as a “beard”, who will suspect he secretly has Vanishing Girl as his doll?

4. Madam Machine is a nasty piece of work, isn’t she? Really, Byron and Toy Master can do terrible things and make them look cool, but Madam Machine show us how truly despicable one must be to create a scheme of roboticed women.

5. This is ADA origin? It’s cool! I remember to have seen the ADA description you made some time ago, and it said that she didn’t remember who she were or how was created, isn’t it? I am eager to know more about her!

6. I know I always wrote of this, but what about including some info about Violet (the spy) or Maya’s downfall and Suki’s rise?

7. I really thank you for June’s cameo. You’re the best!

Hector2
Hector2

Postby leto17 » November 7th, 2011, 10:37 pm

ADA is a very sexy and sympathetic character! She certainly has a unique and exciting design, and appears to have had a lonely background for such a sexy girl. You did a fantastic job with her Origins story here. I really want to see what happens to ADA next. One of the best ever! Madame Machine is shaping up to be an interesting antagonist as well.

Captain love is a funny turd and his interactions with Gorilla Girl were funny and made me laugh.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes. Perhaps they'll join up with the UNITY storyline. Poor Maya, aka Unity Max in disguise for me, could use some help!
leto17

Postby Akonkid » November 30th, 2011, 11:21 pm

Greetings and salutations! I've got more Monkey Business to muddle around with, and I hope you all want to join in!

The legendary heroine Ms. Universe was once one of Liberty Grove's most respected and experienced crime fighters... until the day she and her junior partner were captured and turned into mindless robot slaves! Show how has it come to pass that the missing heroine has returned and is back in action? Moreover, what shocking message does she have for Gorilla Gal, and what fiendish plans does Madame Machine have for the city? Find out in "Monkey Business" #4, only at MCComix!

Enjoy here: http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=32716

Leave me some feedback letting me know how you're liking it! Thanks for reading, and thanks for supporting MCComix!
If she would just do what I asked, I wouldn't need to use mind control!
Akonkid

Postby leto17 » December 2nd, 2011, 2:22 pm

Hello.

Thanks for the new chapter! Greta to seen Cosmo Girl and Ms. Universe in action! Thanks! I'd recognize their hardbodies, sixpacks, white ewes, erect postures, and unit designations anywhere!

Cosmo Girl's gone and not because she's been "mentally retired for the purposes of erotic enthusiasm.

Awww, say it aint' so-far better for "no one escapes mccomix's erotic inquisition!"

Anyway, so happy to see you working, and I really like madame machine, A.D.A., and Ms. Universe's six-pack
leto17

Postby Hector2 » December 11th, 2011, 12:44 am

Hi there Akonkid

This issue was very good indeed. It was heavy in continuity. At least we know what happened with Ms. Universe and Cosmo Girl.
I loved the “I don’t swing that way” reference. It only needed a “Not that’s there’s anything wrong with that” to make it perfect.
I really liked how you could connect all your previous works. To tell you the truth, I believed that the events where Ms. Universe and Cosmo girl were placed in the far future. I don’t really know why, but that was my impression. Now you tell us that It's been almost 20 years since Madame Machine, DD, KK, and Golden Girl were turned into drones.and that seems pretty odd. That means that the “hero” is very old. I cannot seem to connect all the dots, so I will wait for next issues.

However, I think that Cosmo girl reaction is realistic. There is a lot of focus into women being converted into droids (We can understand, since this site is named mind control comics) but almost no one writes about the horrible experience that must be. MCtek has wrote about superheroines that wake up after decades of being frozen and displayed. Brrrr.

And seeing the next cover, We can expect another heroine coming back from the dead? It seems that the best martial artist is back!

Thanks for your good work

Hector.
Hector2

Postby Akonkid » December 15th, 2011, 2:09 pm

Greetings, lovers of comics, mind control, and hot, nubile women in tights! I'm back with more Monkey Business! What's in store this week?

The fiendish Madame Machine is kicking her plans up a notch, and now the very streets of Liberty Grove are being infested with robot minions! But just as things seem dire, a familiar heroine jumps into the fray! Duality Dame returns! But... how is this possible? Gorilla Gal and Ms. Universe intend to find out! And while they do, yet another heroine appears to fall into the hands of evil! Just what is going on? Find out in "Monkey Business" issue Five, only at MCComix!

Check it out here: http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=33431

Thanks everyone! Let me know how you're liking the comic! And thanks for supporting MCComix!
Akonkid

Postby Hector2 » January 5th, 2012, 1:18 am

Hi AkonKid!

I loved this issue 5!

First of all, Dora comes back! I think her depiction in “The Big Bust” was better (she looked gorgeous there) but then again, we see her being chased by two crazy robots, so I think she will not look as beautiful as in that storyline.

The part when the new Duality Dame comes out of nowhere to rescue Dora was great! For a moment, I thought it was the real deal (as Ms. Universe came back from Dr. Otto’s clutches, why not Duality Dame could came back from the dead), and the fact that was really Emerald Tiger was truly a surprise.

I know this is overused in Comic Books so much as to be a cliché, but the really angered heroine who tries to maintain the legacy from a fallen mentor is very well done here. And of course, a stranger that you know only by her reputation mentioning the father you will never get to know doesn’t do wonders to sweet your disposition. And the fact is that she left her heroic identity behind her, she must be very confused.

The last part I enjoyed the most, Last time I see him, Baron Von Vile was in amicable terms with his ex, and now this? I sense there is a lot here that meets the eye, so I will wait to see next issue.

So some questions:
1. How much time have passed since Duality Dame’s demise?
2. Are Baron Von Vile and Golden Girl in a jail or something?
3. What about showing Maya Johnson turning into Suki?

The last was more of a petition, but hey, one can dream, right?

Hector.
Hector2

Postby Akonkid » January 5th, 2012, 1:54 pm

Hey everyone! A Happy Year to you all and plenty of fun and surprises in store for 2012! Let's kick off the year right with some Monkey Business, shall we?

Famed veteran superheroine Golden Girl holds a secret; she is secretly the wife of the notorious Baron Von Vile! When last we saw this couple, they appeared to have made amends, but now it appears as if she is nothing more than a brainless slave to his every wicked and carnal desire! What will he make her do? How low will he go? And how did she wind up in this state? Meanwhile, the other heroines head further into the lion's den, unknowing what dangers lurk inside.... Find out in "Monkey Business" Issue 6, only at MCComix!

You can find the comic here: http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=33919

Let me know how you're liking it, and thanks for supporting MCComix!
Akonkid

Postby Akonkid » January 5th, 2012, 2:01 pm

Hector2 wrote:Hi AkonKid!
So some questions:
1. How much time have passed since Duality Dame’s demise?
2. Are Baron Von Vile and Golden Girl in a jail or something?
3. What about showing Maya Johnson turning into Suki?

The last was more of a petition, but hey, one can dream, right?

Hector.

Thanks for all the feedback, Hector! Let me get straight to your questions.

1) Very little time has passed since Duality Dame's sacrifice. This is within a few weeks or even days of it happening, so it's still very fresh on Rebecca's mind and some people aren't aware yet of what occurred.

2) They were in Baron Von Vile's castle dungeon/basement. He likes it cold and dark and very gothic, apparently.

3) That's story hasn't been forgotten, I assure you. I just remain one man, though, and people seem far more willing to chip in to the robust Metrobay universe (I have myself) than my quaint little Liberty Grove universe, though the Maya/Suki story rests on Doc Robo's shoulders, and he's busier than ever this time of year. It'll happen... just can't tell you when (probably whenever "Sword & Shield" has a new issue...)
Akonkid

Postby steverogers5 » January 12th, 2012, 2:50 pm

Northern Chill wrote:Very nice start to this arc....love the little touches with the background pictures and the familiar patrons dining near Love and Gorilla Gal.

Looking forward to see where this arc goes...

Ooohh, Me too. Been really enjoying this story. The humour is just fantastic! But I think I've been spending too much time over in the Metrobay side of things lately that I didn't quite catch who the cameo there was. :oops: I'd just thought it was a random mind controlled date in the table opposite them. Who was it exactly? (Just so I can kick myself afterwards, and then make up for it by digging out my old League of Liberty tales to fully enjoy the sin city style kiss to a previous story I do love little bits of continuity like that. :roll: ;) )
steverogers5

Postby steverogers5 » January 12th, 2012, 2:57 pm

steverogers5 wrote:
Northern Chill wrote:Very nice start to this arc....love the little touches with the background pictures and the familiar patrons dining near Love and Gorilla Gal.

Looking forward to see where this arc goes...

Ooohh, Me too. Been really enjoying this story. The humour is just fantastic! But I think I've been spending too much time over in the Metrobay side of things lately that I didn't quite catch who the cameo there was. :oops: I'd just thought it was a random mind controlled date in the table opposite them. Who was it exactly? (Just so I can kick myself afterwards, and then make up for it by digging out my old League of Liberty tales to fully enjoy the sin city style kiss to a previous story I do love little bits of continuity like that. ;) )

Oops! Never mind-I finally figured it out. :roll: Once I realised it was Byron, the rest of the pices fell into place. I think I need to go read Vanishing act again, right now! LOL!
steverogers5

Postby Hector2 » January 15th, 2012, 12:29 am

Dear Akonkid:

Thanks for your quick response to my post. Of course I know that the artists and the writers of this site are very busy and I really didn’t want to insist to the point that I sound like a nuisance. I’m only wanted to state that there are people who want to know the story of Maya’s downfall and conversion into Suki in all detail. I loved how you (and the Collector) handled the story of Byron and Stephanie, how someone so proud and mighty could be trapped and tamed.

But I digress (again). My point is that even when the Metrobay Universe is a lot more developed (there are a lot of stories there) there is people who is eager to know more about Liberty Grove: For example, the villainess Sadistrix (was she an unemployed prison guard, or a criminal debutante like Madam Minx at Metrobay? or those were two characters completely different? ), the antiheroine Violet (who knows if she is a villain or a heroine? Or even the Cowgal and my favorite, June O’conell. (Dora was also right in her cameo). I am sure that I am not the only one.

And speaking about this, I have a question. In the final issue of “Prized Displays” (part 7), in page 11 there is a villainess who had trapped Emerald Tiger and Kat Kruzader. Is one of your characters? I cannot identify her.

Thank you again and I will wait for that issue of the tale of Maya / Suki.

Hector.
Hector2

Postby Akonkid » January 15th, 2012, 3:11 pm

Hector2 wrote:Dear Akonkid:

Thanks for your quick response to my post. Of course I know that the artists and the writers of this site are very busy and I really didn’t want to insist to the point that I sound like a nuisance. I’m only wanted to state that there are people who want to know the story of Maya’s downfall and conversion into Suki in all detail. I loved how you (and the Collector) handled the story of Byron and Stephanie, how someone so proud and mighty could be trapped and tamed.

But I digress (again). My point is that even when the Metrobay Universe is a lot more developed (there are a lot of stories there) there is people who is eager to know more about Liberty Grove: For example, the villainess Sadistrix (was she an unemployed prison guard, or a criminal debutante like Madam Minx at Metrobay? or those were two characters completely different? ), the antiheroine Violet (who knows if she is a villain or a heroine? Or even the Cowgal and my favorite, June O’conell. (Dora was also right in her cameo). I am sure that I am not the only one.

And speaking about this, I have a question. In the final issue of “Prized Displays” (part 7), in page 11 there is a villainess who had trapped Emerald Tiger and Kat Kruzader. Is one of your characters? I cannot identify her.

Thank you again and I will wait for that issue of the tale of Maya / Suki.

Hector.

Ooh, lots of topics. Let me get right on these.

1) Sadistrix will be in some stories soon. Keep your eyes peeled. You'll find out all about her soon enough.
2) I would like to do something with Violet Vixen, but just don't have the time yet. A story will come, but it's on the backburner for the moment.
3) More Cowgal and June O'Connell will definitely be coming.
4) The villain in "Prized Displays" is a brand new villainess. Who is she? Add her to the list of characters who you'll see soon.
5) Maya/Suki is a story we definitely will tell. I'm sorry to make you wait, but that's Doc Robo's story as much as it is mine, and it'll happen whenever he's free for it. I'm up for it the instant he's ready though.

Hope those answer help a bit... or keep you thinking about the future.
Akonkid

Postby Hector2 » January 22nd, 2012, 4:44 pm

Dear AkonKid

He he he, I was suspecting something like this would happen between these two. The last scene I saw about those two, after Von Vile knocks out Captain Love, was so heartwarming that I coulnd’t think that Von Vile would have enslaved his own wife.
But this… is extreme? Talking about role playing!

Well, Ms. Universe and Gorilla Gal seem much more professional about being heroines that or new Duality Damsel. Really, the superhoine formerly know as Emerald Tiger must consider change her codename to Emo Girl.

And then, suddenly… er, is still her codename Ada Lovelace? I don’t remember very well…

Great issue! I will love to see the next!

PD. All your info was great and of course I will be waiting for appeareances of Sadistrix, the cowgal and June O'connell, thanks!

Hector.
Hector2

Postby Akonkid » February 2nd, 2012, 9:00 am

Greetings denizens of the MCComix club! There's a brand spankin' new Monkey Business here for you all, so what do we have this week?

Pressed for time in Madame Machine's massive secret lair, our heroines have decided to split up. As they roam the eerily quiet and confusing hallways, however, they start to get the impression that they're not alone. Is it just nerves, or are they being pursued by a sinister stalker? Unexpected help arrives, yet at the same time Ms. Universe deals with issues of her own, both personal and physical. What will our heroines find, and will any of them manage to make it back out again? Find out in "Monkey Business" Issue 7, only at MCComix!

See the issue here: http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=35423

Enjoy, folks. Thanks for reading! Let me know how you're liking it!
Akonkid

PreviousNext

Return to Akonkid