League of Liberty - "Monkey Business"

Discuss the "League of Liberty" and other stories with Akonkid!

Re: League of Liberty - "Monkey Business"

Postby Trishbot » August 18th, 2010, 5:06 pm

Akonkid wrote: My girlfriend and I are of opposing political factions, so we bicker and banter at times about it, and that was a line she used at me once. So... I put a little of "her" into the story.

Ack! What the hell? I'm not THAT evil.

I loved the humor. Yeah, after the really heavy Duality Dame story, this is almost the complete opposite. Lighthearted, goofy, fun, and funny. Can't wait for more.
Trishbot

Postby Three of Swords » August 19th, 2010, 2:52 pm

I have one major complaint: There wasn't enough!

I wanted the next 20 issues to show up on the sight after I was done reading #1. I just hope the wait isn't long for #2

Keep up the good work :D
Three of Swords

Postby begbie_rentonspud » August 19th, 2010, 4:43 pm

Three of Swords wrote:I have one major complaint: There wasn't enough!

I wanted the next 20 issues to show up on the sight after I was done reading #1. I just hope the wait isn't long for #2

Keep up the good work :D

I have to agree with Three of Swords, sir... Can't wait for the next issue.

Begbie_Rentonspud
begbie_rentonspud

Postby Northern Chill » August 24th, 2010, 9:31 am

Very nice start to this arc....love the little touches with the background pictures and the familiar patrons dining near Love and Gorilla Gal. The dialogue is what really shines in this chapter and makes it a winner in my books. The only thing I found a bit odd was that I expected to see Ms. Universe in this chapter going by the cover but no sign....misdirection, I guess...;)

Looking forward to see where this arc goes...:D
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

"What does this story need?...more Franbot!!!"
Northern Chill

Postby Akonkid » October 6th, 2011, 3:34 pm

After a LONG haitus and detour with "Body Image", I am finally back in the League of Liberty universe, and I'm happy to present to you all "Monkey Business" issue 2!

Their dinner date interrupted, Captain Love and Gorilla Gal face off against a horde of mechanical minions under the service of the fiendish Madame Machine! But they aren't alone in this battle, as they receive help from an unexpected source! Meanwhile, Madame Machine begins the next phase of her insidious scheme. What does she want, who will she enslave, and who could possibly stop her? Find out in Monkey Business #2, only at MCComix!

You can enjoy the story here, folks: http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=30132

Let me know how you all are liking it, and thanks for supporting MCComix!
If she would just do what I asked, I wouldn't need to use mind control!
Akonkid

Postby MacroLass » October 6th, 2011, 4:02 pm

Very enjoyable.

Lets hope we don't have to wait 14 months for the next chapter.... ;)
MacroLass

Postby tomcat » October 6th, 2011, 4:09 pm

Yay!
Although I shouldn't be guessing by this rather short 'sneaky peak' into things to come, still by the cast and other leads I dare to soothsay this would be a story beyond the usual awesomeness of this place and a dream come true for all old fans of Cybernetic Solutions (me). Riiight.
tomcat

Postby kakyo001 » October 6th, 2011, 4:25 pm

I'd like to know if this story is set before or after the events of Cybernetic Solutions... and if it's after it is there an explanation how Ms. Universe got free ?
kakyo001

Postby tomcat » October 6th, 2011, 6:11 pm

kakyo001, You ought to go through the thread, there are few answers. (well, sort of... Akonkid's style :D):

Akonkid wrote:
Northern Chill wrote:Very cool idea to see this array of characters though it means questions have to be asked.

- Is this a new Ms. Universe or is the previous appearance non canon?

- Madame Machine....she was turned into a drone a ways back as was DD and KK. Does it get explained how this got undone or maybe mentioned?

This looks like a fun story arc...looking forward to it....:D

The previous appearance was very much canon. The last time we saw Ms. Universe, she was some robot frankenstein creation for an evil, demented villain alongside her partner Cosmo Girl.... so is this the same one? Wait and see.

It's been almost 20 years since Madame Machine, DD, KK, and Golden Girl were turned into drones. I have plans to explain how they wound up normal again, but don't expect the answers right away. Fully expect it to be brought up and addressed though.
tomcat

Postby kakyo001 » October 7th, 2011, 6:17 am

tomcat wrote:kakyo001, You ought to go through the thread, there are few answers. (well, sort of... Akonkid's style :D):

Akonkid wrote:
Northern Chill wrote:Very cool idea to see this array of characters though it means questions have to be asked.

- Is this a new Ms. Universe or is the previous appearance non canon?

- Madame Machine....she was turned into a drone a ways back as was DD and KK. Does it get explained how this got undone or maybe mentioned?

This looks like a fun story arc...looking forward to it....:D

The previous appearance was very much canon. The last time we saw Ms. Universe, she was some robot frankenstein creation for an evil, demented villain alongside her partner Cosmo Girl.... so is this the same one? Wait and see.

It's been almost 20 years since Madame Machine, DD, KK, and Golden Girl were turned into drones. I have plans to explain how they wound up normal again, but don't expect the answers right away. Fully expect it to be brought up and addressed though.

embarrassing... I usually check the whole thread before I ask stupid questions... this time I forgot to do that and failed miserably :oops:

thanks for posting the answer (even if it's a vague answer ^^)
kakyo001

Postby leto17 » October 7th, 2011, 3:46 pm

I'm just happy to see akonkid producing again:). I missed his stuff!
leto17

Postby begbie_rentonspud » October 7th, 2011, 4:38 pm

Welcome back! Welcome back! Welcome back!

Begs

P.S.- Great issue!
begbie_rentonspud

Postby Hector2 » October 15th, 2011, 7:53 pm

Hi there! AkonKid!

I also liked your story very much! The only thing I didn’t like was Captain Love. Oh my! This guy is even worse than Max or Belinda, because at least those two do something. Captain Love only stays there… What does anyone see in him?

I’m glad you explained (or promised to explain) the inconsistencies with Ms. Universe and Madam Machine. I like the softer and lighter tone of this tale. I hope the next issue will be released soon!

Just a question, (well, to tell you the truth, same old questions). When do you consider to make a series about Maya Johnson (and her conversion into Suki) or June O´Conell, or show us new characters like Violet or Mr. Mental?

Thanks for your response

Hector2
Hector2

Postby tomcat » October 16th, 2011, 7:49 am

What? No! 'Captain Love' is absolutely amazing! True exemplar of distilled manhood! :D
Keep him as he is. He rules it all! Cowardly, but bloody cool 8-)
tomcat

Postby Akonkid » November 3rd, 2011, 2:56 pm

Hey everyone! A new installment of "Monkey Business" is here... so, shall we get down to business?

Gorilla Gal's dinner date with Captain Love continues to spiral out of control. Dealing with bad manners, poor service, bothersome strangers, intrusive robots, and nosy reporters, how much can Gorilla Gal take before she snaps? Meanwhile, Madame Machine begins the next phase of her plan... but what insidious fate does she have in store for poor Marissa Anderson? Find out in "Monkey Business" Issue 3, only at MCComix!

See it here: http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=31399

Thanks everyone! Enjoy!
If she would just do what I asked, I wouldn't need to use mind control!
Akonkid

PreviousNext

Return to Akonkid