League of Liberty - "Monkey Business"

Discuss the "League of Liberty" and other stories with Akonkid!

Re: League of Liberty - "Monkey Business"

Postby Hector2 » February 18th, 2012, 12:12 am

Hi there AkonKid:

Only now I am noticing that your writing is very good at comedy! I’m always distracted by the MC control, the action and other topics of super heroines comics, but I must confess that this series had a lot of humor, and very good gags!

And about your characterization: Gorilla Gall is the only superheroine thus far that doesn’t act like a drama queen: truly, the new Duality Dame and Ms. Universe had being through a lot in the last weeks, but they are letting that interfere with their performance at the job, and that could be dangerous. Gorilla Gal is cheerful enough to throw Golden Girl away.

I loved page 100, why does every villain have a million dollar secret lair with hallways that look the fucking same? Well, we can talk about standardization or the old “abandoned warehouse” plot, but it really because reusing the scenery is cheaper.

My favorite part are the last pages. The fight between Ms. Universe and Ada is very well choreographed (is that the term?). There are deep, philosophical questions (Is a human intrinsically superior to a machine? Or Viceversa) and there are really clever surprises (Who would have tought Madam Machine could built a robot very similar to MECHANA, even in the absorbing energy type? Is she a better sciencist that Belinda Giolla?

However, everything takes a second place to the incredibly hot part when ADA kiss a powerless Ms. Universe, and then carry her on to see her mistress. It’s very well done, and it’s my favorite part, and I hope you can include a lot of moments like that in your series.

Thanks for another well done job.

Hector.
Hector2

Postby leto17 » February 18th, 2012, 6:31 am

I think it is was all good myself. Don't mind the occaissional political jibe. The fight was sexy and great!. Nice kiss scene! :D
leto17

Postby Akonkid » March 28th, 2012, 10:20 pm

Greetings fair denizens of the erotic mind control pantheon! I've got a new exciting installment of everyone's favorite simian-led mind control comic ready for your enjoyment!

Ms. Universe has been through a lot. She's got more skill, power, and experience than most heroines in Liberty Grove. She is admired, respected, and well-loved. But she is also human, and she's made some serious mistakes in the past. And today is not one of her better days; defeated, alone, and vulnerable to whatever wicked scheme Madame Machine is cooking up, can the noble heroine find a way to escape, or will bad history repeat itself? Can her teammates save her? Even they have their own problems, and things are going to go from bad to worse before they get better... IF they get better. Find out who's fated for a grim end in the pages of "Monkey Business" issue 8, only at MCComix!

See who's monkeying around here: http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=37952

Thanks guys! Enjoy today's issue! And thanks for supporting MCComix!
If she would just do what I asked, I wouldn't need to use mind control!
Akonkid

Postby Hector2 » April 5th, 2012, 9:48 am

Dear Akonkid:

This issue of Monkey Business was great in sexyness… I just love the way the powerful Ms. Universe was displayed and reduced to a simple toy for their devious captors. Really something exciting, but unfortunately her dialog is somehow cliché, but then again, what she can do if not resorting to verbal combat?

The part when they discover her secret identity would be great… if they have discovered it, but as a nobody cares, that’s ok, more revealing is the connection to the Unity storyline. Even when it’s something shameful, it seems that story will repeat itself this time.

Page 118 is very sexy, but also a reminder that this is not consensual… I feel odd saying this, but after all, those are fragments of our imagination… then again…

Rebeca seems very, very beautiful as the new duality damsel… and her obviously inner conflict is so endearing… that almost seems to forgive her for falling in the most obvious traps while saying things like
“huh? What?! Defense mechanism? Nobody said anything about this lair having… oh crap… knockout gas!”
. Almost.

And then the last panel with Gorilla Gal sensing a “disturbance in the force”. He he he. Well that was a trite joke. The point is that Rebeca and Gorilla Gal had “animal supersenses” powers. We humans still don’t know how the animals “sense” danger or even the death of humans whom they have a relationship, but that doesn’t mean those are “super” powers: I’m sure those are normal powers for them and we humans need to do more research to understand how work, so this issue was very well researched.

My last point is that your heroines were very well drawed and everyone conveyed the feelings you tried to convey: for example, Rebeca seemed defiant, yet vulnerable. You’re mastering your work as an artist.

I’m anxious to see next issue.
Hector2

Postby Akonkid » April 26th, 2012, 11:02 am

Hey everyone! Got more mind control fun for you this week!

After hours of fruitless searching, Gorilla Gal picks up the scent of her missing crimefighters and, together with Golden Girl, they intend to save their friends and stop Madame Machine. But what they don't know is that both Ms. Universe and Duality Dame are about to be subjected to Madame Machine's robot conversion process! Can Gorilla Gal and Golden Girl arrive in time to stop her, or will Rebecca become the newest robot slave under Madame Machine's control? Find out in "Monkey Business" Issue 9, only at MCComix!

See what happens here: http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=38922

Hope you all enjoy! Thanks for reading and thanks for supporting MCComix!

More hotness in-store very soon!
Akonkid

Postby kakyo001 » April 26th, 2012, 2:47 pm

her time as Duality Dame was short, wasn't it ? ^^;
kakyo001

Postby Hector2 » May 1st, 2012, 7:55 pm

Hi there Akonkid!

First of all: Why Madam Machine dosen’t consider Ms. Universe “a pure human”? In your presentantion of issue # 8, you said:

Ms. Universe has been through a lot. She's got more skill, power, and experience than most heroines in Liberty Grove. She is admired, respected, and well-loved. But she is also human,

Does this mean that Ms. Universe is not entirely human?

Next thing: The old Emerald Tiger, Now the new Duality Dame, is the best developed character: Not only she is very well written, but she is gorgeous: She looks really beautiful in her Duality Dame uniform.

For the well written thing, I found her brave and assertive and at the same time, vulnerable and insecure. It was obvious she wasn’t the original Duality Dame but she didn’t break against Madam Machine pressure.

And the transformation tube or whatever the device Madam Machine used to make her a robot… she was gorgeous there too.

Only a question: Why she was created as a green robot instead of a B&W one? Did Madam Machine suspected anything, or the color is something the machine imprints in their robots?

I am anxious to see next issue. Thanks
Hector2

Postby Akonkid » May 1st, 2012, 9:27 pm

Hey Hector. Let me get right to answering those questions

Hector2 wrote:Hi there Akonkid!
First of all: Why Madam Machine dosen’t consider Ms. Universe “a pure human”?
Does this mean that Ms. Universe is not entirely human?

Ms. Universe is human... but she's also SUPER-human. She has super powers. She is actually a META-human, like Emerald Tiger and Golden Girl. Kat Krusader is just a normal plain human, as is Madame Machine. No powers. Madame Machine views meta-humans as something other than a normal human being.

Hector2 wrote:Only a question: Why she was created as a green robot instead of a B&W one? Did Madam Machine suspected anything, or the color is something the machine imprints in their robots?

The color is both a means Madame Machine uses to tell her slaves apart. She doesn't want them to all look the same; she likes some of their individuality. So that means color-based modifications to help give them some variety. The fact it was green is just the color that wound up working on ET, and that could very well be because it imprinted that color onto her when the nanomachines filtered into her brain and saw her fondness for it.

Glad you're liking the story thus far!
Akonkid

Postby Akonkid » May 24th, 2012, 12:40 pm

Hey all you MC fans. Got an action-packed issue here for you all.

Gorilla Gal and Golden Girl further explore Madame Machine's insidious lair in their attempts to track down Rebecca, but when they finally find her, they certainly aren't prepared for what they find! Things heat us and fury fists will fly as the two heroines face off against two titanium terrors! Can our heroines emerge victorious, or will the combined might of Madame Machine's fembots be more than enough to take them down for good? Found out in "Monkey Business" issue 10, only at MCComix!

See the action here: http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=39981

Thanks for reading and supporting MCComix!
Akonkid

Postby Hector2 » May 24th, 2012, 4:45 pm

Hi Akonkid

Only a brief comment: I promise to do a better review later, but I cannot pass the chance to tell you right now that the green boot formerly know as Emerald tigress is gorgeous!

Excelent design!
Hector2

Postby NoneNeeded » November 4th, 2012, 3:33 pm

I wandered over to this thread and wanted to check if anything new had appeared only to find that it all seems to have disappeared.

Another casualty of (ominous organ chords) THE UPGRADE!
NoneNeeded

Postby Trishbot » November 5th, 2012, 8:42 am

Akonkid's stuff is going to return. Sadly, his computer, after around 8 years of noble service, was unable to continue and tragically burned itself to smoldering ashes several months ago, and he's been unable to find a replacement thus far. He promises me that he's going to jump right back into the comics as soon as he raises the funds to get a computer that won't die out in the foreseeable future, and he's quite bummed out he can't give us more half-monkey sexy mind control until then. But, have no fear, he has neither forgotten nor lost interest and, like the rest of us, will be returning content once he's able to.
Trishbot

Postby bluemax2 » November 5th, 2012, 10:53 am

Akonkid:
We all miss your incredible work. We do hope you can resolve your computer issues soon. Are you a Mac or PC person? PC's are pretty reasonable but Macs....well...expensive, but worth it.

I look forward to more of Monkey business and more stories like the incredible fantastic....UNITY!

Best of luck with the search. Isn't there anyone out there that can get Akonkid a good deal on a computer?

regards,

Bluemax
bluemax2

Postby leto17 » November 6th, 2012, 12:17 am

I also hope the computer issues resolve themselves. I wish I knew abut good deals on computers...
leto17

Postby Akonkid » April 24th, 2013, 2:34 pm

Hey everyone! At long last, after much setback, fanfare, delays, and wacky backroom shenanigans, I return from limbo with a brand-spankin' new installment of "Monkey Business" ready to go! It's been awhile, so for those readers both new and old, where did we leave off?

Oh no! Both Gorilla Gal and Golden Girl have been defeated and captured by the combined forces of ADA and a robotized Rebecca! Now captives of the demented Madame Machine, what fiendish fate awaits them? Will history repeat itself and Golden Girl rejoin Madame Machine as a mindless slave, just as she did those many years ago, or will Gorilla Gal find a way to save her friends from a terrible fate? Find out in "Monkey Business" issue 11, only at MCComix!

You can catch the story here: http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=73209

Thanks for reading everyone and being so patient with me as this story continues! And thanks for supporting MCComix!
Akonkid

PreviousNext

Return to Akonkid