League of Liberty: Robotic Revolution

Discuss the "League of Liberty" and other stories with Akonkid!

League of Liberty: Robotic Revolution

Postby Akonkid » September 5th, 2013, 7:38 pm

Greetings everyone! A new story arc is now underway! So what's going on in Liberty Grove now?

RedHotShot is just going through her daily heroine routine; helping citizens, stopping bank robberies, busting evil supervillains... typical heroine stuff. However, an unexpected visitor shows up to mess up her familiar routine and drag her into a whole new mess of trouble she may not be able to handle! Meanwhile, Madame Machine begins phase 2 of her evil plan, and Liberty Grove faces perhaps its greatest threat ever! Find out what happens in "Robotic Revolution" Issue 1, only at MCComix!

You can see it here: http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery3/index.php/Akonkid/League-of-Liberty-Robotic-Revolution/Chapter-1

Thanks for reading everyone. And thanks for supporting MCComix!
If she would just do what I asked, I wouldn't need to use mind control!
Akonkid

Re: League of Liberty: Robotic Revolution

Postby Champ » September 5th, 2013, 7:57 pm

Didn't expect a flashback of a favorite story arc. :) This was definitely a good start for a battle to be remembered. Look forward to the next chapters!
Champ

Postby Adon » September 6th, 2013, 4:15 am

Something I find interesting is how Madame Machine keeps calling her robots 'mindless'. The last story demonstrated that while they're under tight programming, and are compelled to ape and agree with whatever she says, they do have some small vestiges of minds of their own. Not strong enough to rebel at all, but they do voice opinions occasionally and say things that a truly mindless being just wouldn't bother with. Heck, it's not as though Madame Machine isn't aware of it, as they occasionally do it in front of her. But still she insists on saying they're mindless. Covering insecurity on her part, major blind spot, something? Just ponderin'.
Adon

Postby Akonkid » September 6th, 2013, 2:45 pm

Champ wrote:Didn't expect a flashback of a favorite story arc. :) This was definitely a good start for a battle to be remembered. Look forward to the next chapters!

Glad you're enjoying it, and I'm glad you still fondly remember "Unity" as much as I do.

Adon wrote:Something I find interesting is how Madame Machine keeps calling her robots 'mindless'. The last story demonstrated that while they're under tight programming, and are compelled to ape and agree with whatever she says, they do have some small vestiges of minds of their own. Not strong enough to rebel at all, but they do voice opinions occasionally and say things that a truly mindless being just wouldn't bother with. Heck, it's not as though Madame Machine isn't aware of it, as they occasionally do it in front of her. But still she insists on saying they're mindless. Covering insecurity on her part, major blind spot, something? Just ponderin'.

Glad you picked up on this... I won't dare spoil anything, but I will say that it was quite intentional that there be something a bit "different" to them being the typical "mindless" machines one might be used to.
Akonkid

Postby mauser8mm » September 7th, 2013, 2:01 pm

I was just wondering when a Super-villain or Evilness is try to convert the city or The League of Superheros shouldn't they convert other villains as well?
mauser8mm

Postby mns_95125 » September 18th, 2013, 8:07 pm

I just thought I'd point out that the cover of the newest issue of Robotic Revolution has a typographical error on it.
mns_95125

Postby Akonkid » September 19th, 2013, 8:20 pm

Hey everyone! More robotic revolution for you this week!

Madame Machine's mechanical invasion is well underway, and the heroines of Liberty Grove are starting to take notice! One of the first heroines to the scene is the electric dynamo, Charger, who's electric powers would be a great asset to the League of Liberty in taking out these mechanical monstrosities. But is her power enough? Or will she need some extra, unexpected help to stand her ground? Find out in "Robotic Revolution" Issue 2, only at MCComix!

Catch it here: http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery3/index.php/Akonkid/League-of-Liberty-Robotic-Revolution/Chapter-2

Thanks for reading, everyone, and thanks for supporting MCComix!
Akonkid

Postby mauser8mm » October 2nd, 2013, 2:34 pm

I was just wondering when a Super-villain or Evilness is try to convert the city or The League of Superheros shouldn't they convert other villains as well?
Like random people on the street and villains they run in to cause I'm sure that there is double cross and revenge between
super villains as well. Isn't there?
mauser8mm

Postby Akonkid » October 3rd, 2013, 4:56 pm

Hey readers! Here with a new Robotic Revolution. So what's new this week?

Madame Machine's robots are seeking their targets, one by one confronting their would-be victims. Jupiter Justice is next on the hit list, and she's completely unprepared for the struggle to come! When someone she cares about gets the drop on her, can she muster up the power to escape, or will her own emotions and vulnerability doom her to join her friend in slavery? Find out in "Robotic Revolution" issue 3, only at MCComix!

Read it here: http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery3/index.php/Akonkid/League-of-Liberty-Robotic-Revolution/Chapter-3

Thanks for reading, everyone, and thanks for supporting MCComix!
Akonkid

Postby Akonkid » October 3rd, 2013, 4:56 pm

mauser8mm wrote:I was just wondering when a Super-villain or Evilness is try to convert the city or The League of Superheros shouldn't they convert other villains as well?
Like random people on the street and villains they run in to cause I'm sure that there is double cross and revenge between
super villains as well. Isn't there?

Well, there might be some foreshadowing in this issue... ;)
Akonkid

Postby Adon » October 5th, 2013, 9:05 am

Yaknow, I can't help but notice that the behavior of the robots is inconsistent, and based on the previous issue, I think that IS by design. In this one, Rebecca was all cold and robotic, not even acknowledging her history with JJ. But she has showed emotions in the past while robotized... when Ms. Universe was converted, she seemed positively giddy. Likewise, when Gorilla Gal was being ganged up on, she was told that they didn't want to hurt her. Again, no sign of that here, and with someone who is a very close friend at that.

My belief... Madame Machine, in typical mad scientist manner, is all about the big picture while practical details are overlooked. In this case, the QA on the robots' programming. Sometimes, like this issue, they act precisely like the mindless automatons she keeps saying they are. Others, they show definite personality traits, and in the last issue, I think we saw that in action. Gorilla Gal suddenly stops what she's doing... because she smells bananas, and decides to go get them then and there. Madame Machine seems oblivious to this, even when it happens right in front of her... but crazy gal's logic, much like her robots' actions, isn't exactly stable. She's likely to ignore them as minor quirks so long as everything is going her way.

Just what I think is happening.
Adon

Postby Mr. Cryptic » October 5th, 2013, 9:00 pm

This was a really well done update! Jupiter Justice is really cute, and the steamy shower setting was great! I agree with her that Rebecca is very sexy. Anxious to see what happens with her.
Mr. Cryptic

Postby Akonkid » October 17th, 2013, 8:10 pm

Hey everyone! We have a new "Robotic Revolution" update... and things are starting to get interesting...

With Madame Machine's chosen robot army now fully set on invading Liberty Grove and beginning to capture and enslave its heroines, the rest of the heroines are beginning to realize that they're being hunted down. But when She-Bulk falls for a trap sprung by the robotized Golden Girl, will even her formidable strength be enough to save her, or is she doomed to join the rest of her friends as nothing more than a mindless machine? Find out in "Robotic Revolution" issue 4, only at MCComix!

Check it out here: http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery3/index.php/Akonkid/League-of-Liberty-Robotic-Revolution/Chapter-4

Thanks for reading, everyone! And thank you for supporting MCComix!
Akonkid

Postby GARFIELD » December 16th, 2013, 4:56 pm

any update coming soon??? miss your work.
GARFIELD

Postby NoneNeeded » February 22nd, 2014, 6:21 pm

GARFIELD wrote:any update coming soon??? miss your work.

I am guessing that no news is bad news.

I think that this is one of the major failing of many online publishers. The fact that the author owns the rights means that the publisher cannot continue a story without them. I am not in the industry but I cannot imagine that Marvel or DC would allow a character to be introduced that they would not have creative control over.

Not that that is the right way to do things, but it does have advantages from a business perspective.
NoneNeeded

Next

Return to Akonkid