Special Free August 5 Holiday Update: Metamorphoseon

Discuss "Master of His Domain" and other stories with Tecknophyle!

Special Free August 5 Holiday Update: Metamorphoseon

Postby Tecknophyle » August 5th, 2013, 3:56 pm

In honour of the Canadian holiday known by many names (but usually the charmingly imaginative "Civic Holiday"), the single-issue short story Master of His Domain: Metamorphoseon is available in the free (yes, FREE!) gallery at:

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery3/index.p ... morphoseon

Now, the important part: the central theme in this story will not, I suspect, turn the crank for a fair number of readers, but that's okay. If you are horribly scarred for the rest of your life by the concept, I apologize. The Master of His Domain universe is a big one and not everything that happens in it will be to everyone's taste. Now, I don't want to spoil it, but let's say if you don't get a cold chill running down your spine and suffered a nervous breakdown viewing what happened in Episode 4 of the original Master of His Domain,, you'll probably survive this brief story with your sanity intact.
Tecknophyle

Re: Special Free August 5 Holiday Update: Metamorphoseon

Postby NoneNeeded » August 6th, 2013, 5:20 am

I see what you meant. No MC in this setup piece. Still very interesting and well done.

Naturually, the first thing I thought of was what happens when this character hijacks the body of someone with a 'talent'? Is the bargain 'magically' tied to the person and dies with the personality or is it tied to the body and becoes that of the new owner?

As much as I am enjoying Jannessary, these peeks into the next chapter of MoHD are making me wish you were done with it and could get back to this.

Thanks
NoneNeeded

Postby Tecknophyle » August 6th, 2013, 7:32 am

NoneNeeded wrote:I see what you meant. No MC in this setup piece.

Well, that's not really true: he clearly controls Geena/Candy, he mentions he's used up a lot of power influencing others in setting up the club, and the way Andrew acts clearly indicates it's something he's seen before. I just didn't use special effects or other visual cues other than the character's actions and dialogue to indicate it was happening.
Tecknophyle

Postby NoneNeeded » August 13th, 2013, 5:43 am

Tecknophyle wrote:
NoneNeeded wrote:I see what you meant. No MC in this setup piece.

Well, that's not really true: he clearly controls Geena/Candy, he mentions he's used up a lot of power influencing others in setting up the club, and the way Andrew acts clearly indicates it's something he's seen before. I just didn't use special effects or other visual cues other than the character's actions and dialogue to indicate it was happening.

Teach me to comment a day after reading. Completely forgot the lead in. I confess, I had (foolishly) thought the 'influence' he mentioned using was more financial and political. What was I thinking?

Thanks again.
NoneNeeded

Return to Tecknophyle