Jannisary announcements and comments

Discuss "Master of His Domain" and other stories with Tecknophyle!

Re: Jannisary announcements and comments

Postby NoneNeeded » October 7th, 2012, 4:39 pm

Tecknophyle wrote:
NoneNeeded wrote:Even better when there is intelligent submission behind slightly unfocused eyes.

Then you should like Episode 2 more and what starts developing.

I never doubted I would. Eventually ;)
NoneNeeded

Postby madcap » October 10th, 2012, 10:41 pm

I have to say that I really like the blank, bald, mindless dolls and zombies, so the last few panels of the first issue were very exciting and interesting to me. To see the Stratega, who we don't really know much about aside from her anger toward the Novaromans, reduced to an obedient slave through some mysterious means has me intrigued. I can't wait to learn more about how she got to be that way, what the specifics of her current condition are, and seeing the fate of Commander LaChance play out. I read part of your previous story and lost interest because it seemed to be mostly a bunch of people just sitting around talking (though perhaps unfairly...I should go back and finish reading it now that it's done)...this story appears to be much more up my alley based on how it's getting started! I'm definitely on board for the long haul and I can't wait to see how things turn out! Hopefully there's plenty of room in this story to satisfy fans of both the completely mindless zombies and the intelligent slaves!
madcap

Postby NoneNeeded » October 12th, 2012, 3:10 pm

madcap wrote:I have to say that I really like the blank, bald, mindless dolls and zombies, so the last few panels of the first issue were very exciting and interesting to me. To see the Stratega, who we don't really know much about aside from her anger toward the Novaromans, reduced to an obedient slave through some mysterious means has me intrigued. I can't wait to learn more about how she got to be that way, what the specifics of her current condition are, and seeing the fate of Commander LaChance play out. I read part of your previous story and lost interest because it seemed to be mostly a bunch of people just sitting around talking (though perhaps unfairly...I should go back and finish reading it now that it's done)...this story appears to be much more up my alley based on how it's getting started! I'm definitely on board for the long haul and I can't wait to see how things turn out! Hopefully there's plenty of room in this story to satisfy fans of both the completely mindless zombies and the intelligent slaves!

I knew others would like them even if I didn't. To each their own.

Regardless of personal tastes, I do think it was well done if a bit short(those 30-70 page weekly MoHD updates did tend to spoil me :D ).
NoneNeeded

Postby Tecknophyle » October 15th, 2012, 10:22 pm

As the story of Janissary continues, Commander LaChance discovers what her Novaroman captor has in store for her and her companions, and he finds out something unexpected about himself.

Episode 2 is now available at http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=45270
Tecknophyle

Postby bluemax2 » October 16th, 2012, 9:33 am

Technophyle:
Fantastic!
I love the way the story is developing, how the slaves were made, the very curvy figures they get after getting processed.
What happened to the other woman who was on the ship when it landed at the prison base?

Are you sure that the master should be giving these slaves so much brain function and autonomy?

Keep up the great work.
Can't wait to see the next installment. Its like a good space adventure with a MC bonus.
Thanks.

Bluemax
bluemax2

Postby Hector2 » October 26th, 2012, 11:30 pm

Hi there Tecknophyle:

I have read Jannisary # 1 and I find it interesting, it reminds me of a more cynic Star Trek, with a lot of old prejudices and hate that I think would be common in ambassadors all the world, why must be different on a planetary scale?

The idea of a matriarchal culture is interesting, but even more interesting (and realistic) is how everyone acts like a complete ass, I hope out of hypocrisy because those speechs about superiority are only excuses to loot others.

Great work!
Hector2

Postby Hector2 » October 27th, 2012, 7:17 pm

Dear Techknophile:

Jannisary # 2 was certainly a surprise: it has a convoluted plot, various ET races, and a political game that I am not ashamed to say I didn’t get. Maybe next issues.

But the part that I really liked is the idea that a slave must not only be something like a robot, limited to little or no thought. I prefer your idea of a slave with personality that can be used for a lot of other purposes.

Great work!
Hector2

Postby bluemax2 » November 13th, 2012, 12:31 am

Techno,
What happened to some of the panels for episode 2?
Or we're they the casualties of the server calamity?

Hoping to see the third installment very soon.
Keep up the great work. Wow!

Regards,

Bluemax
bluemax2

Postby Tecknophyle » November 13th, 2012, 12:59 am

Ten years before the events on Leskojitan, a woman made a decision that would end up having consequences no one could possibly foresee and which would eventually decide the fate of planets.

Episode 3 of Janissary is now available in the Members area at http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=58315

As always, comments are welcome.
Tecknophyle

Postby Tecknophyle » November 27th, 2012, 12:58 am

The story continues with Athena Spartan and an assignment that will force her to confront ghosts from of her past that seek to control the future.

Episode 4 of Janissary is now available in the members area at http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=58980
Tecknophyle

Postby Tecknophyle » December 11th, 2012, 1:55 am

Athena Spartan has been ordered to find a ghost from her past and find out what's his connection to three women believed to have been killed months before. Meanwhile, what has Alarius Temar been doing during that time?

Episode 5 of Janissary is now available in the members area at : http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=63431

Comments are welcome.
Tecknophyle

Postby cvn88 » December 12th, 2012, 5:54 pm

An excellent addition tot his outstanding story. It should be interesting when our "siblings" get together, though I honestly don't know who I'm rooting for. . . . OK, considering we're at MC Comix I guess I do know who I'm rooting for. ;)
cvn88

Postby Sumatra » December 17th, 2012, 2:37 pm

Loving the story so far, very much a space opera.

Couple questions. Same enslaved women now his bodyguards, their hair grew back, but what happened to the mark on their heads? Found it hot all slaves would be marked, loving the treatment Uzobono does with his dolls that way.

Termar used the same or different process for the sniper and the colonel? Noticing their eyes aren't purple.

-Sumatra
Sumatra

Postby Tecknophyle » December 17th, 2012, 3:24 pm

Sumatra wrote:Loving the story so far, very much a space opera.

Couple questions. Same enslaved women now his bodyguards, their hair grew back, but what happened to the mark on their heads? Found it hot all slaves would be marked, loving the treatment Uzobono does with his dolls that way.

Termar used the same or different process for the sniper and the colonel? Noticing their eyes aren't purple.

-Sumatra

There's a bit in the second episode when Temar is talking to LaChance and mentions that he's starting to find the look old-fashioned (not to mention slaves not using personal pronouns like "I" and "me" really annoying). The purpose of the conversation was to indicate that he's starting to think outside the confines of his cultural background: he doesn't need those symbols for his slaves any more. He's confident enough to rely on their judgement and take their advice, so he doesn't need them to be uneducated and utterly subservient either. And from a practical standpoint, it makes him a bit less obvious. The eye colour thing is just preference on his part. He didn't do that to the cousins because the one was acting as a spy for him so he had to keep her looking the same (until the reveal), and the colonel still has to play her part, so she can't look any different either. Well, except for the *ahem* enhancement.

There's a five-month period that has yet to be explored, from his arrival at the Novaroman ship in the Leskojitan system to his meeting with the Elysian president. Well, maybe a few weeks that are important: the conversation with the colonel and the president indicates Temar's been on Elysia for a few months and the implication is that he's been building a power base in that time. Remember, he only found out about the conspiracy by accident when his real goal was to get a spy near the colonel, the de facto head of the government. So what happened before he arrived at Elysia? We already know he lied to the crew of the ship when he met up with them. Something happened.

I can pretty well guarantee that people's first guesses will be wrong.
Tecknophyle

Postby Tecknophyle » December 25th, 2012, 3:02 am

Commander Spartan reports to her new ship but finds that being reminded about her past seems to be a recurring trend in her recent life.

Episode 6 of Janissary is now available in the members area at http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2 ... emId=65270

Just as fair warning, this episode has absolutely nothing to do with Christmas.
Tecknophyle

PreviousNext

Return to Tecknophyle