Night Moves

Discuss "Rixo City" and other stories with Northern Chill!

Re: Night Moves

Postby Northern Chill » November 26th, 2013, 12:41 pm

xarielx wrote:I have to admit, this latest issue wasn't my personal favorite at the outset, but seeing and reading the after effects of each woman's experience as a doll helped to overcome the initial disinterest. While Cora's impulsiveness I believe will be her downfall (performing oral on a criminal and ordering what amounts to a gigolo), I quite enjoyed the subtle shift in Justice Woman's demeanour in the bedroom, an aspect of her personality I don't believe was present in the original et al. from issues #1 and #2, and her clone. I think it's a hot, well crafted story you've set Northern, yet given all the evidence so far I hesitate to imagine a happy outcome as you've shown Plastique turning into a neo-villain of sorts, each "turn" quicker than the last if the look on her face in this issue is any indication. While I hold that each heroine will end up with a catharsis in her own way, the direction looks decidedly darker from this point on.

Thanks, Xarielx...one thing I will stress is that Night Moves is set in a metropolis where dark, more malovelent tones permeate every aspect of the daily lives. It doesn't mean that this arc will end on a completely nasty ending but there is fluidity in how the trio of heroines approach things both publicly and privately.

We're working on the next chapter of Night Moves, which will be the finale...size of it may mean splitting it into 2 parts (Uzo's work is so massive in scale that you know it'll mean hefty in page count either way. When it is on track for a definite date and what size, I'll update this thread.

Northern Chill
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

"What does this story need?...more Franbot!!!"
Northern Chill

Postby sohta123 » January 15th, 2014, 8:13 pm

Any timeframe on the next release yet?
sohta123

Postby Northern Chill » January 19th, 2014, 5:41 pm

sohta123 wrote:Any timeframe on the next release yet?

Uzo's been hit hard with poor health recently so scheduling next update for this arc had to be adjusted...at present, I'm projecting early March for the next installment in this arc.

Northern Chill
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

Northern Chill

Postby Champ » February 6th, 2014, 6:14 pm

Its great to see the updated cover of Chapter 10. Its been a while and hope Uzo is feeling a lot better. Thumbs up for the release to be soon.
Champ

Postby Northern Chill » February 12th, 2014, 2:05 pm

Thanks. We've tweaked the covers slightly for the upcoming updates and I think both will be phenomenal updates for this arc.

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby bluemax2 » March 4th, 2014, 1:19 pm

Northern and Uzo:
How is the next installment coming?
I know that everyone is waiting with great anticipation.

It seems that Gallant Girl brainwashing and conversion to a doll is resurfacing and really haunting her. Not only did her body change but her psyche has really been altered as well. She seems to long to go back to being a doll/slave/drone???

Can't wait to see what's coming next. Its too bad its winding down but maybe there will be spinoffs...??

Thank you both for such great work.
regards,

Bluemax
bluemax2

Postby Northern Chill » March 4th, 2014, 2:59 pm

bluemax2 wrote:Northern and Uzo:
How is the next installment coming?
I know that everyone is waiting with great anticipation.

It seems that Gallant Girl brainwashing and conversion to a doll is resurfacing and really haunting her. Not only did her body change but her psyche has really been altered as well. She seems to long to go back to being a doll/slave/drone???

Can't wait to see what's coming next. Its too bad its winding down but maybe there will be spinoffs...??

Thank you both for such great work.
regards,

Bluemax

Hi Bluemax,

Well, updating things on it...Uzo has done the prelims for the next chapter. I'm nearly done dialoging it and it looks to be a great chapter befitting the atmosphere and tension of this arc. Although winding down, the arc has posed a number of questions about characters and their futures...whether they all get answered will be seen in these last two.

Glad you've enjoyed what has gone on so far and hope you like what is to come,

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby Northern Chill » March 8th, 2014, 7:00 pm

Just to update things, if everything goes according to plan, next installment should come on March 11 and it's a mix of just about everything. Hope everybody enjoys what is to come!!

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby Northern Chill » March 11th, 2014, 10:42 am

Hello everybody...today the next installment of Night Moves debuts in the member's section here at MCComix.

Justice Woman and Gallant Girl have had a roller coaster of misadventures during their time in Karo City with those incidents having a profound effect on them, mentally and physically. Now, those adventures have led to a decision that will have profound and long last implications for both forth. What can it be and how will it impact them and others who know them? Find out in this exciting installment of Night Moves!!

Members can find this installment at http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery3 ... es/Part-10

A little note: this was a little difficult to write as there are a range of elements in here to go over. Hopefully, everybody who reads this enjoys the finished product.

Big kudos to Uzobono for the great art on this update.

Enjoy the update..feedback welcome as always!!

Thanks for supporting MCComix!!!

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby Champ » March 11th, 2014, 6:24 pm

Oh holy cows going moo, that was not what I expected. Now I am dying to see the finale. Awesome job!
Champ

Postby Sumatra » March 11th, 2014, 11:45 pm

Holy shit that was a great, surprising issue.

Takes time between Uzo's updates, worth the time every time. Artwork gets better each issue, that Gallant Girl scybian scene was HOT.

Her decision, saw that coming. Still one of the best scenes though. Gallant Girl's transformation definitely raises the standards, love the time spent on the character. Sad though. Didnt expect Justine to help her though, thinking Cora Doll might do to Justine what we saw Anna do to Plastique.

Cora Doll's hot though, loving the slide of Justine from unwilling to almost being the doll's owner.

Thinking those robots will be trouble. Plastique, always smoking hot in her daisy dukes. Grand slam issue as always.

-Sumatra
Sumatra

Postby xarielx » March 15th, 2014, 5:36 pm

I admit I was more delighted by this issue than the last, though its a blurry line given the high quality ;) . What struck me most about your comics, Northern, is that there's a continuity of the characters so far, going in a circle. By that I mean, you have Justice Woman and Gallant Girl, two characters that feel strangely out of place in Uzobono's Karo City, and yet, if I read their story in short, its a telling example of how characters who don't necessarily fit a setting can be absorbed by it. In this issue, it became as literal as you can get. I don't believe Cora's desires to return to being a doll were unexpected but still the impact of it is visually and thematically strong, her transformation, mentally and physically is possibly some of the best in the genre. I loved her determination, even if it led her down the path of essentially character death, though this raises a question. Did Justine and Cora realize that nothing of the person, as we've seen in the "Synthetic"comics and previous issues, is left? It nearly felt as if Justine thinks that this is merely Cora as a doll, without realizing that her partner for all intents and purposes is dead. All things considered, that is the crux of what makes these comics so strong as it isn't merely the mind control but the exploration of de-personalization and how these characters may not realize how they're affected.

Justine's reaction felt true enough, though I thought the decision was abrupt . Surely she could have tried something else to keep Cora from returning? I think that would also point to something else at work. It was mentioned that maybe when they were brought back and Cora's rendezvous with the joytoy was a part of a new breed of doll, something that copies the women yet is programmed for pleasure? Either way, I simply adored the melancholic yet highly erotic nature of this issue in particular and I am simply thrilled at the prospect of a grand finale, as indicated by your cover, circling this epic tale. Thank you.
xarielx

Postby Northern Chill » March 18th, 2014, 10:03 am

xarielx wrote:I admit I was more delighted by this issue than the last, though its a blurry line given the high quality ;) . What struck me most about your comics, Northern, is that there's a continuity of the characters so far, going in a circle. By that I mean, you have Justice Woman and Gallant Girl, two characters that feel strangely out of place in Uzobono's Karo City, and yet, if I read their story in short, its a telling example of how characters who don't necessarily fit a setting can be absorbed by it. In this issue, it became as literal as you can get. I don't believe Cora's desires to return to being a doll were unexpected but still the impact of it is visually and thematically strong, her transformation, mentally and physically is possibly some of the best in the genre. I loved her determination, even if it led her down the path of essentially character death, though this raises a question. Did Justine and Cora realize that nothing of the person, as we've seen in the "Synthetic"comics and previous issues, is left? It nearly felt as if Justine thinks that this is merely Cora as a doll, without realizing that her partner for all intents and purposes is dead. All things considered, that is the crux of what makes these comics so strong as it isn't merely the mind control but the exploration of de-personalization and how these characters may not realize how they're affected.

Justine's reaction felt true enough, though I thought the decision was abrupt . Surely she could have tried something else to keep Cora from returning? I think that would also point to something else at work. It was mentioned that maybe when they were brought back and Cora's rendezvous with the joytoy was a part of a new breed of doll, something that copies the women yet is programmed for pleasure? Either way, I simply adored the melancholic yet highly erotic nature of this issue in particular and I am simply thrilled at the prospect of a grand finale, as indicated by your cover, circling this epic tale. Thank you.

Justine's reactions to Cora's want/demand was something I wrestled with. Yes, Justine could have tried other methods of getting Cora to avoid the dolling but as she said, she sensed the end result would have been what Cora was determined to get. Now, is there something unsaid going on as well with Justine? That may be touched on in the finale and building off the last part of the current update.

One other thing I'll point out...Suzanna was kept out of the loop for all of this. How she reacts with what has gone on, and will happen, will shape events to come.

Glad everybody has enjoyed the story so far...right now, targeting mid June for the finale, all things being equal. If this changes, I'll update here...

Northern Chill

Northern Chill

Postby Reinhardt » May 9th, 2014, 3:51 pm

Sorry if it has been asked before, but are those who are turned into pleasure dolls still sentient, and do they find it rewarding to pleasure others, or are they just doing their job like emotionless robots?
Reinhardt

Postby Northern Chill » May 10th, 2014, 12:45 pm

Reinhardt wrote:Sorry if it has been asked before, but are those who are turned into pleasure dolls still sentient, and do they find it rewarding to pleasure others, or are they just doing their job like emotionless robots?

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery3/index.p ... aphies2_43

As you've seen here in this arc and in Uzo's other arcs, the amount of sentience can vary quite a bit....ranging from base dolls like Cora to ones like Anna and the dolls seen recently in the Expose sequel. The want to give pleasure, though, is a constant for all those have been dollified and very, very few have been reversed...as you've seen/read in this arc.

Northern Chill

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Chill