The Division: CORE

Discuss "The Division" and other stories with Uzobono!

Re: The Division: CORE

Postby sohta123 » November 28th, 2013, 11:03 pm

Do you have a tentative release date yet?
Just curious.
sohta123

Postby Uzobono » November 30th, 2013, 10:47 am

sohta123 wrote:Do you have a tentative release date yet?
Just curious.

Hi sohta :).

Unfortunately no, it *is* almost done, but...I had a titanic system failure at the worst possible time and desperately trying to rebuild my work at the moment. I'm optimistic though and I *hope* I can finish the issue within the next few weeks :).
Uzobono

Postby sohta123 » November 30th, 2013, 10:04 pm

Sorry to hear that. I assume you backup everything to an external drive so you have two copies.
Curious to what operating system you're running as i've seen several other artists have this happen as well.

Can't wait to see your work.
sohta123

Postby bluemax2 » December 16th, 2013, 10:28 am

Uzo and Tabico:
Any news?
Will you be presenting the world with one of your fantastic gifts for the holidays?

Keep up the incredible work.

regards,

Bluemax
bluemax2

Postby Uzobono » December 16th, 2013, 3:39 pm

Hi max :), the renders are all done and only the postwork remains :). If I'm speedy enough I *might* sneak it in this month, but no promises :p.
Uzobono

Postby Uzobono » January 2nd, 2014, 1:21 am

Uzobono

Postby bluemax2 » January 2nd, 2014, 1:02 pm

Uzo and Tabico:
Looking forward to it.
Happy new year by the way.

Bluemax
bluemax2

Postby Sumatra » January 3rd, 2014, 8:11 am

Releasing soon?

Been waiting for so long. Can't wait for it Uzo.

-Sumatra
Sumatra

Postby Uzobono » January 3rd, 2014, 5:08 pm

It's up! After many months and a few hiccups, I'm *so* proud to present Tabico's 'Core #4: Zonedance"!

I won't do with any synopsis spoiling stuff but I will say there's been a change in our layout, and *most* pages read in a up/down panel setup with a few exceptions, and a neon green border denotes that :).

You can find 'CORE #4: Zonedance' here, although I highly recommend downloading the comic, as the format is *very* hard to read in our gallery:

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery3/index.p ... -Zonedance

Or you can download the whole thing (in 2 parts) in zip form at my DeviantArt :):

http://uzobono.deviantart.com/art/CORE- ... -424413740

Uzobono

Postby obviousagent » January 4th, 2014, 3:39 am

Uzo congratulations you and Tabico have once again raised the benchmark to new heights.
What a fantastic story, with great art work to go with it.
The characters of Rossi, Kilkenny and Hsu are so well written and believable.
The twist was one I didn't see coming but thoroughly enjoyed, drones do float my boat; I guess it's the total loss of identity and free will coupled with that rather hot outfit :D

The more we learn about the controllers abilities the more I think Haven and the gang are in BIG trouble.

Please keep up the great work, can't wait for the next instalment of CORE.
obviousagent

Postby leto17 » January 4th, 2014, 6:48 am

It was worth the wait. I need to time to process how wonderful this all was. I will get back to you on the awesome thing that is CORE!
leto17

Postby Sumatra » January 4th, 2014, 5:33 pm

Ridiculous work Uzo and Tabico!

No words. You've outdone yourself this time. The visuals are nothing short of amazing and can tell a fuckton of work went into this. Pages 80+, the costumes, everything.

Storyline great as always. Loving the banter, characters fully fleshed out. Seems Melanie is unaware during the initial half that Nicole got programmed to be that way? Ocqua was hot, definitely a thumbs up. Got her desserts though. Wonder what she knew.

Still amazed by this. Going to give it one more go through. Amazing.

-Sumatra
Sumatra

Postby sohta123 » January 5th, 2014, 10:18 pm

Fantastic issue! I hardly know where to begin.
The subtleness during the whole issue with respect to underlying messages is great. I love how they are talking behind Melanie's back using their implants. One can only wonder what was being said - "she needs to become CORE" or "she is so clueless". Either way it's great to read.

The mind control in the club was hot and I certainly wasn't expecting the gals to transform. Now I'm wondering if they all can do that or just certain models. If all that's a bit scary with respect to 'you-know-who' in the story.

After reading all four chapters I'm still a bit uncertain if any of the three gals ever had a romantic relationship prior to CORE. And I'm not sure if they were all hetro or lesbian to begin with. Can you give some background on that? Having a girl change preference is something that is hot I think.

I only wish there had been a couple of more pages at the end of the chapter with the girls either back home or at least one of them called back to CORE to 'service' the administrator or Saban (Saban preferably as she almost seems to want to exert dominance). And I'm really hoping that Melanie gets tempted later to begin using her friends as a way to get back at them for being smart/mind-talking about her/letting themselves be CORE'd, etc.

As I read CORE and Haven's story and Night Moves it certainly starting to feel like I'm reading about a bunch of mind-control cartels. It's like all these are mafia and the end result will be who becomes the "Godmother" over all of it.

Thanks for all of your hard work form the both of you. I hope the gap between issues is much shorter this time. Can't wait to read more CORE.
sohta123

Postby silverbird » January 6th, 2014, 10:55 am

The Core story continues to be wonderful as ever-- but I do have a slight issue with the formatting.

The longways, horizontal pages like this make it very difficult to get them up to full size in a window, even on widescreen. With so much text (actual plot? story? character development? isn't that forbidden in any of this? :D ) to support it all, even at max size, it's still so tiny. Any thoughts on fixing that either for this episode or for future episodes?
silverbird

Postby Uzobono » January 7th, 2014, 4:42 pm

Thank you *all* so much for the comments everyone :).

@silver: Thanks! There was a huge issue with formatting through the whole comic, something I nor Tabico really understood *until* postwork started, it'd be too much work to redo the specific formatting and panels so that's something out of my current time frame. *In* the future though, I'll definitely try my hardest to use a more readable format. As it is, I *did* purposely scale the pages to a pretty high resolution more or less so I recommend just zooming in the each panel in something like Windows Photo Viewer (my preferred viewing program).

@sohta: Thanks *so* much! Gender re-assignment is *pretty* much up there in the things I find uber-hot :p. As it is, in my Biographies #2 issue, it stated Nicole was gay before CORE, and since it's not specifically pointed out, assume than Melanie and Tammy are het (with Tammy I suppose being the re-assigned).

@sumatra: Thank you so much! You're right, Melanie is *still* unaware (will she ever be?) about Nicole's reprogramming.

@leto: Thanks so much! Can't wait to hear your feedback!

@obviousagent: Thank you! A *ton* of work went into this issue and I hope you've enjoyed it as much as we did making it! Also I personally did *not* know what was going to happen till the script was in my hands so I was as surprised as you are!
Uzobono

PreviousNext

Return to Uzobono