The Division: CORE

Discuss "The Division" and other stories with Uzobono!

Re: The Division: CORE

Postby bluemax2 » April 19th, 2013, 9:44 am

Uzo and Tabico:
Any news on the next installment ?
We're all waiting in anticipation.

Thank you both again, for all the great work.

regards,

Bluemax
bluemax2

Postby Uzobono » April 20th, 2013, 10:11 am

bluemax2 wrote:Uzo and Tabico:
Any news on the next installment ?
We're all waiting in anticipation.

Thank you both again, for all the great work.

regards,

Bluemax

Hi Max :), it's semi-hard to say at the moment, Core #3 is just...a *monumental* piece of fiction :p, and I don't say that lightly! It's definitely the biggest single issue comic of this type I've personally seen so it takes the bulk of my time :p. As for release, I can say...soon :p.

I *did* say April, though that depends on how fast I can work :p, I can say this, it's going to be *so* worth it, this is definitely my favorite story (surpassing my own Haven/Ruby even!), and it's just an epic read.
Uzobono

Postby sohta123 » May 2nd, 2013, 6:54 pm

Just want to say I can't wait to see more of all of your works (and their respective writers).
All of the stories you're involved in have great characters, plots and twists. And the mind control scenes are done so well.
Looking forward to seeing the upcoming releases.
sohta123

Postby Uzobono » May 4th, 2013, 10:47 am

Thanks so much sohta :)! CORE #3 is in the final stretch :P, I'm hoping for a release in the next couple of weeks :P, and it. is. HUGE. I'm just hoping you guys are patient enough to wait for my silly releases :p.
Uzobono

Postby tomcat » May 7th, 2013, 10:50 am

Yes, we are very patient. Right. Haha. *bites his own eye* :mrgreen:
tomcat

Postby Uzobono » May 14th, 2013, 10:40 pm

So we have a release date for Friday! Until then here's a little teaser :D.

Uzobono

Postby obviousagent » May 15th, 2013, 9:32 am

Woot! that's looking fairly awesome.
Been waiting for this for ages, thanks Uzo.
obviousagent

Postby Uzobono » May 17th, 2013, 5:05 pm

Hello everyone :), due to some technical hiccups I'm unable to post CORE #3 on mccomix.com at the moment, for now you can download CORE #3 (split into 5 parts) on my deviantart.

http://uzobono.deviantart.com/

Thanks everyone for understanding and I hope I can post it in full here shortly :).
Uzobono

Postby Adon » May 17th, 2013, 9:14 pm

(Consider this whole post to be spoilerific! Consider yourselves warned!)

*comes back from the read*

Wow. It was well worth the wait. A LOT of meat to it... one issue of CORE could fit multiple issues of the comics normally posted here. And the storytelling... well, what can you say? It's Tabico. So it's both extremely sexy and unnerving all at once, and the people are actual people. And now it's introduced a shade of very dark grey into the usual cut and dried "MC Bad Guys" and "Heroines who don't do much of anything but get enslaved". And of course there's the whole morally reprehensible defense... that OUR MCed slaves are the only things protecting the world from the other MCed slaves. The lesser of two evils is still pretty damned evil. But... the greater of the two evils is just that much worse, without any kind of restraint.

Now, we have Mel presumably having taken up the offer. It raises many more questions, the big one being 'what now?' I doubt the director was telling her the whole truth, but she was holding literally all the cards, and now Mel has at least some say in what happens to her friends. But that's the issue. Their personalities when 'turned on' appear to be nothing more than facades that are only used when needed. Mel could change that in the sense of keeping them turned on more often, but it's still just a superficial shell that is switched off whenever it isn't needed. So... are they even really their friends anymore? Can she fool herself into believing they are? And how long can her own conscience remain intact working for a group like this -- one that takes the best and brightest and turns them into automatons?

So. Very hot, very sexy, very unsettling... PLEASE let there be more!
Adon

Postby bluemax2 » May 17th, 2013, 11:32 pm

Uzobono and Tabico:
Wow!
Fantastic!
Is all I can say for now until it all sinks in?

Thank you.

Bluemax
bluemax2

Postby kakyo001 » May 18th, 2013, 7:52 am

I do wonder what happens when Melanie finds out that Nicole's desire to join CORE was artificial... will she turn on CORE again or carry on with the "whatever it takes" way of life
kakyo001

Postby obviousagent » May 18th, 2013, 9:39 am

Uzo, Tabico; all I can say is there had better be more core.... Or else i will be all upset and stuff.
That episode started to take where I thought it would then slapped me round the face and took me in a totally opposite direction.
Art and story first rate as usual. Please feel free to carry on.
obviousagent

Postby Uzobono » May 18th, 2013, 9:41 am

Thank you so much for the replies :). As promised (and I swear I woke up early to do it :P) I've uploaded the *full* comic here on mccomix (and if you've had trouble with the DA download, never fear, the zip here is the *entire* comic at once).

So...officially...here's the*giant* *humongous* *erotically charged* Tabico/Uzobono's CORE #3!

After viewing the secretive inner workings of the CORE program, Karo City police officer Melanie Rossi is determined to fight back against the organization that enslaved her friend, Tamara. Following the clues given to her by the droned investigative reporter, Rickie Marks, will Melanie's search for a weapon to strike at the heart of CORE lead her down to Karo's darkest places? Find out in this huge issue of CORE!

You can find The Division: CORE #3 at:

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... mId=211785

Also, your feedback is *very* much appreciated, I know it's tough to comment on *everything* in this issue (it's huuuugeee!) but we'd *love* to know what you liked/disliked about it and feel free to speculate :P.
Uzobono

Postby Sumatra » May 18th, 2013, 3:21 pm

Wow...holy shit. Still digesting this. Definitely have to put down review of it later. Worth the wait and more.

-Sumatra
Sumatra

Postby tomcat » May 18th, 2013, 5:24 pm

The amount of work you've already put into this project is incredible and enormous, and we can only hope that you won't run out of batteries somewhere in the middle (I've seen too many of my favourite artists to suffer from this, so I apologize for a bit of shunless negativism)
But what we have witnessed so far is just, well, awesome (I admit I sort of lack proper superlatives, right now). It is well worth every day of waiting and I enjoyed every bit of it. Also I have to say that Tabico made just wonderful job of bringing true life (Or a synthetic imitation of it, where applicable) into every single character. (as usual, anyway)
Imperishable kudos to both of You.

I may highlight few favourite moments, later, as well as pick out some things that didn't quite click in, but right now I am generally loving it all. And I should probably leave it at that. A good story is like a good painting. It doesn't really matter whether there is a vice in a canvas. You always admire the painting as a whole. It is an impression that counts, not one brushstroke. ;)
tomcat

PreviousNext

Return to Uzobono