Uzobono's The Division

Discuss "The Division" and other stories with Uzobono!

Re: Uzobono's The Division

Postby Sumatra » August 20th, 2012, 10:28 pm

Update? Waiting to read it!

-Sumatra
Sumatra

Postby msgrey » August 21st, 2012, 11:17 am

There is no update today :( ?
msgrey

Postby Uzobono » August 21st, 2012, 6:52 pm

Hello all, so *so* sorry for the brief delay (a personal problem :p).

The third issue of "The Division: A Seductive Path" is up in the free area of http://www.mccomix.com :D

As time marches on in Karo City, we return to the secret laboratory of Agents Haven and Ruby, now together with Haven's sister, Moira, the trio decide on their next course of action! With the Agency hot on their heels, what surprises and shocks await the ex-Agents on the dark streets of Karo? Will a certain scantily-clad superheroine be met with open arms?

Find out in this mega-action issue of The Division! You can find it here:

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=54065

I sincerely hope you all enjoy it and as always these comics would not be possible without you! Thank you so much :D !
Uzobono

Postby Uzobono » August 21st, 2012, 7:07 pm

Oh I'll also just go down the list here :D.

@fiejon: Thanks so much, I hoped to appeal to some darker EMC themes :p, I really hope you enjoy the rest!

@Sumatra: I admit I haven't handled Haven/Ruby's relationship as well as I'd hoped, I hope this latest issue makes up for some of that and I definitely *will* do pre-Division #1 flashbacks with them!

@Hector: Thanks for the feedback! I thought the Lady was *bit* sad but you *will* see her drone form a lot more :p, for Nemesis...I agree, the Agency might have created a Frankenstein. Ruby...is probably the sweetest character I've thought of, she only gets sweeter and a bit spicier too :p.
Uzobono

Postby kakyo001 » August 22nd, 2012, 12:16 am

I'm quite disappointed... not with the comic itself but with Haven...

I thought out of all characters involved in the story that she would be the one to demand to have Zephir's mind checked to see if she's truly the person she claims to be... but nothing happened and the Division has their first infiltrator (they even gave her a full tour)

Haven and Ruby have been Agents for years, never suspecting that they themself have been manipulated, and now a heroine crashed into them with a 'I escaped somehow'-story and they're fine with it ?
kakyo001

Postby fiejon » August 22nd, 2012, 8:28 am

Hi, Uzo. I really liked this issue but for what that problem was, I found Zephyr's handling failed badly. Agree with above on this, some shoddy writing there?

I'm not sold at all on the few panels you got her fighting Haven then being accepted like that, in comparison to your other work I think you pulled that scene out your ass a bit man ;) .
fiejon

Postby Ghosthand » August 22nd, 2012, 10:35 am

fiejon wrote:Hi, Uzo. I really liked this issue but for what that problem was, I found Zephyr's handling failed badly. Agree with above on this, some shoddy writing there?

I'm not sold at all on the few panels you got her fighting Haven then being accepted like that, in comparison to your other work I think you pulled that scene out your ass a bit man ;) .

Stateing that you don't think Haven would fall for such a stunt is one thing, telling the writer/artist that they have shoddy writing or that they pulled a scene out of their ass is a bit on the rude side. :roll:

To me there are two options here. Either Haven is so eager to get more help in this huge task she has set for herself of taking down the Agency or she didn't fall for it at all. The first option is something that will later comeback to bite her in the ass and I'm sure she will regret it. The second makes more sense to me. Since taking on the Agency head on is a suicide mission maybe she is hopeing to draw Nemisis out and get her on her own turf. She might already know Zephyr is a spy since they have been hacking into the Agency computers. Why not just let Nemisis run her plot and reverse the trap once they are ready?

Always remember that this is a comic, and anything can happen. :)
Ghosthand

Postby Northern Chill » August 22nd, 2012, 2:50 pm

One thing I'd toss out there is for any multi part lengthy arc, it's a good thing to see how one part resolves before determining whether certain elements work or not. Zephyr's "joining" may be quick but is it going to turn out like Nemesis wants completely..?...only time will tell
Check out past covers from stories found here as well as text stories I've written at http://nchill.deviantart.com

"What does this story need?...more Franbot!!!"
Northern Chill

Postby mctek » August 22nd, 2012, 3:09 pm

Ok Fiejon, going to agree with Ghosthand, you were being rude and destructive with your post. Uzo is a first time writer, learning from mistake as he goes. This talk of shoddy work and pulling scenes out of his ass is counter productive and mean spirited. Be constructive and polite man, no need to bash Uzo over the head for learning how to tell a story, even I've done some horrible storytelling decisions, the key is to learn from said mistake. While i'm not trying to gang up on you, I am asking you to be polite to not only Uzo but the rest of the writer's and artist's here, we take the time and effort to bring you some good content as best we can make them.

Tek~
mctek

Postby Sumatra » August 22nd, 2012, 10:30 pm

Fucking amazing issue, can't get enough!

Zephyr, I thought was fine. She's playing a victim. They were victims. They let their guard down, no big deal. It's going to bite them in the ass for sure.

Moira was hilarious. Think she'll play a big role against Zephyr from their little action.

Whole bedroom scene, Ruby, goddamn. Hot. Hot. Hot. That conversation at the end, what is she forgetting? Haven worried about this?

Alley and combat room scenes were a big seller for me, good comic work there. Look on Moira's face during drone attack was great.

Looking forward to #4.

-Sumatra
Sumatra

Postby xarielx » August 23rd, 2012, 11:10 pm

Uzo, this was a great issue, super job all around. I analyzed that Haven and Ruby being both victims of an unknown amount of brainwashing sympathized with Zephyr because she introduced herself as a hero, had they found her prone and friendly on the street, I believe Haven would have been very suspicious. The start of this issue, and all throughout the series, Ruby is such a sweetheart, she is Haven's ballast, as we see in scenes without Ruby present, Haven is extremely cold and uncaring, contrasting with her very human reactions and expressions of love with Ruby. Moira is a bit of a comic relief, although I'd hoped we would see more overt control by Haven over her, she did have activation phrases I believe? The drone scenes, if I can link to a scene, http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.ph ... emId=54117 , are well done! The sex scene with Haven and Ruby, I felt was very touching, if unusual for both characters.
xarielx

Postby msgrey » August 29th, 2012, 6:19 am

Hello Uzobono! Another miraculous episode! I cannot stand it ;)!

firstly, this is my favorite series with your partner Northernchill! I am truly amazed by the work, truly!''

the first few pages, I must admit Ruby is too sweetheart for this setting, she feel like a girl you can take home ;) , makes delicios food, is a engineer genius! and has a kinky side? and Haven has her all to herself?!

I am loving Moiras happiness even if she is fake, a bimbo juggernuat personality is Havens idea of a sister? where can I find one of these machines?

The action and intrigue continues, Zephyr is a very tragic character, its important for how strong the story is, we see Zephyr, a brainwashed double agent now infiltrate Havens group, she pairs and seduces with another brainwashed person, Moira. Hot and masterful!

The drones, pg 21-30 are very nice to see now we can learn if this process can reverse or how it came to be? But it was very quickly done? When did Ruby find time? or is Moira more helpful than we see?

the bedroom scenes are terrific, you certainly know how to please! The two lovers are heartwarming even as it is so steamy!

in the final scene, Zephyr is truly lost, she is a puppet nothing more I think, but none the less is a VERY hot scene, you can feel her pleasure!

Number 4 is coming soon? When uzobono ;) !? and who are the sexy girls on the cover? I must know! Thank you!
msgrey

Postby Uzobono » September 1st, 2012, 9:53 am

Hello all! Thanks *so* much for the feedback, I read every one in detail :), just going down the list here.

@kakyo: I struggled to find a way to insert Zephyr in, and I thought this was "ok", I'm not satisfied with it myself :p, but I thought just like @Sumatra said, they would *kind* of empathize with her or...let their guard down (obviously this is going to have consequences).

@fiejohn: Thanks for the feedback, while I'm not satisfied I think from now on I'll endevour to become the best writer I can be :).

@Ghosthand: Thanks so much! You're a *bit* too smart :p. Don't worry though I'm sure I'll surprise you!

@Sumatra: Thank you! I'm a *bit* delayed on issue 4 at the moment...but you *should* see it at the end of this month.

@xarielx: I am amazed you all read *so* much into this collectively! You guys really do shape this story a *lot* :D! Those scenes were a personal joy to work on, the f/x I'm doing currently will get better and better trust me as I learn and write for you guys!

@msgrey: Thanks a lot! I'm so glad you enjoyed it, and picking up on Moira/Zephyr angle! +10 points for you!
Uzobono

Postby Ghosthand » September 8th, 2012, 1:57 pm

cool, I love surprises, especially if they are shiny and plastic :twisted:
Ghosthand

Postby Hector2 » September 16th, 2012, 4:55 pm

Hi there Uzobono

The división # 3 was a great ride! In a dystopic environment like Caro city, you wouldn’t know who to trust, and that we can see about our little resistance group. A technician genius who can make wonderful toys appear almost magically, a girl who appears from nowhere with superpowers and the certainty that everyone who is processed is as good as gone.

I think this explores very well what would happen in a world like this: Drones reprogrammed for the resistance to work for them… soldiers that are brainwashed and as a bonus, are complete idiots, the cold assumption that if one is reprogrammed, is hopeless to wish him back, and so and so

Great work!
Hector2

PreviousNext

Return to Uzobono