Uzobono's The Division

Discuss "The Division" and other stories with Uzobono!

Re: Uzobono's The Division

Postby Hector2 » April 6th, 2013, 9:09 am

Dear Uzobono:

The division, a seductive path # 6 was awesome, I loved to see the characters reaction to all the crap that goes on Karo City.

Really, seeing people being transformed into sex dolls and if they didn't feel terrified or angry, I would not call them human beings.

I loved this issue. Great work
Hector2

Postby msgrey » July 11th, 2013, 1:10 pm

Hello Uzobono! When will wee see a new issue? Please say soon!
msgrey

Postby Uzobono » August 30th, 2013, 12:17 pm

Hi everyone :), after a *bit* of a hiatus, I'm proud to present the next issue 'The Division: A Seductive Path"!

I won't bother with a synopsis, it's been a while since the last issue so I *hope* it'll speak for itself. This particular issue was extremely hard to write for various reasons.

As always, you can download the comic as a zip at my DeviantArt page at:

http://uzobono.deviantart.com/art/The-D ... -396934445

Or view the comic (check out the snazzy slideshow!) or download it at:

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery3/index.p ... ive-Path-7

Thank you so much for reading and I hope it's as enjoyable a read as it was to make!
Uzobono

Postby Tecknophyle » August 30th, 2013, 3:04 pm

Outstanding work as usual.

And trust me, I can understand how something can be difficult to write, as recent experience has shown.
Tecknophyle

Postby bluemax2 » August 30th, 2013, 6:33 pm

Uzo:
Outstanding!! The ending was fantastic. Psychological warfare between Nemesis and Haven. Nemesis is so so deliciously devious and cruel as well. She sent Ruby back but as a "grey shell"; albeit enhanced physically but a shell nevertheless. Grey drones aren't reversible, right? I do hope so. What a special grey drone you made. What are they probes on her lower stomach and clit for? Well I can imagine but...
By the way why does she still have her hair and her eyes have some sort of pupil it seems, not all white. Is this a new style drone we will be seeing more of?
The detail in the faces, the drooling Ruby, the bits and pieces of the Rubydrone shown a frame at a time. Wow!

Would it be possible to see any other images of the new Rubydrone. Perhaps some rejects or works in progress? I'm sure many of the site fans and patrons would appreciate seeing more of her.

All I can say is fantastic and worth the wait. Bravo!

Can't wait to see what happens in the next episode and in the parallel universes of Night Moves and Core.
Thank you.

Bluemax
bluemax2

Postby Sumatra » August 30th, 2013, 10:57 pm

Wow. Holy shit. Expected something good, blown away.

That ending left me speechless. Shock factor aside, beautiful design on Ruby, second the process shots or more shots of her, loving her eyes.

Was a rollercoaster of an issue, the art is top notch, everything from page 50 on was a thrill to read. Having a fuckload of questions popping up, what Nemesis did is beyond cruel to me, works on every level you can think of.

Loved seeing controllers from CORE appearing, best drone design by far, that hate it shows when Nemesis insults it, much more emotion than the others. More corrupted than mindless. Wondering if Ruby's the same.

Top notch writing, art is the best you've ever done, simply cannot wait for the next one.

-Sumatra
Sumatra

Postby Adon » August 31st, 2013, 12:42 am

I would imagine that she kept her hair because the intent was that Haven would recognize her immediately. After all, drones look pretty much all alike, so they wanted Ruby to be 'special' so it would impact Haven psychologically. And, wow, it did. The really sad thing is that Haven will definitely blame herself, and she wouldn't be entirely wrong... it was her choice to deceive Ruby that led to this. Now, I lack the sadistic urge that would want the change to be permanent -- Ruby in many ways was the one spot of hope in all this situation. Remember that Haven's transformation to her present state was rushed out of necessity... ideally she would have had more time to mend the fractures in her mind. Ruby was central to keeping Haven on the side of the angels... and now Ruby is gone, replaced by an empty thing wearing her face.

Regarding drones, it seems to be irreversible so far, but that doesn't mean there is no solution... only that one hasn't been found. Plus, Ruby has been made into a more advanced drone than the norm, one that requires a higher level of cognition, so to speak. Whether that would make it easier or harder to bring her back? Dunno. But Haven has a whole heap of motivation now.
Adon

Postby obviousagent » August 31st, 2013, 10:29 am

Uzo, I can only reiterate what has been said before; fantastic effort, art and story.
The next episode cannot come soon enough.
obviousagent

Postby Uzobono » September 1st, 2013, 10:24 am

Thank you so so much everyone for the comments!

@Technophyle: Thank you so much, that means a lot.

@bluemax2: I'm really happy you enjoyed it! To answer you and Adon, grey drones are *not* reversible, the probes *do* have a purpose, I think you'll love it :).

As for Rubydrone's look, she went through about 3 phases before I settled on this one, and I will post them soonish :p. Her eyes are the same as any Mark III, they have irises albeit eggshell white with a pale pupil. There aren't *too* many of them yet, I've only shown them in CORE and this so far. The reveal sequence was *really* hard to do :p, for a couple reasons.

@Sumatra: Thank you! I'm glad it had that reaction. Page 50-54 are my personal favorites in this chapter, I spent quite a bit of time getting those expressions/poses just right.

Oh and there's definitely something in that look the drone gave Nemesis isn't there..hmmm :p.

@Adon: I'll address why Rubydrone looks like that in the next issue but you guessed it pretty much :). Again, grey drones *aren't* reversible by any means, which I'll explain a bit more in the next issue too, but that doesn't mean all hope is lost ;) .
Uzobono

Postby bluemax2 » September 1st, 2013, 4:44 pm

Uzo:
Thanks for the feedback and yes I'd live to see what those lower body probes can do especially sice they are both light emitting (LEDs) one can see when they are activated, perhaps?
Yes as mentioned the new super grey drones are very interesting and somewhat autonomous, right? Will Rubydrone be able to be used by the rebels in some capacity as a robot or will she be a stealth tool for Nemesis? By the way what are the antennas for and why do only the SuperDrones and Rubydrone have them? Perhaps to be able to control other lesser grey drones?
I do love the fact that the greys are irreversible. It makes it more twisted and at the same time much mindcontrol centered.
I did want to say that the facial images of Rudy during the process were incredible and very lifelike if one can imagine such things happening to humans. Defiance, anger, fear, resistance, resignation, slack jawed expressionless drooling....Wow!

Will we hopefully see more captures of the rebels? Moira seems a great candidate for reprocessing in some capacity especially one that may need brawn and less brains. Also Timea would be ideal for the SuperDrone program. A black grey drone with special features like Rubydrone......yummy!

Ultimately will we see Haven greydroned and Nemesis and her depraved cohort doctors win or do you have something else in mind..?

If I can humbly suggest that the cavalry does not come to the rescue in this series. Maybe in a future related series? How bout continuing with this series taking down one by one each of the rebels and even some innocent Bystanders along the way until we get to Haven's fate. That could be the juiciest and most elaborate take down ever. Of course there is no hurry for any end at all any time soon. This series has been most enjoyable as has been everything you've done for McComix since you joined up. By the way wii you be doing any work on the sister Metrobay Comix or other sites in the near future?

And lastly, when can we hope to see the next episode of this great series ( I ask jokingly but "greedily" knowing the many many hours you put into all of your work)? This episode has gotten your many fans very excited to see what comes next.
In the meantime we all look forward to any extra pictures of the Rubydrone when you have time to share.

Keep up the great work and thanks very much.

Bluemax
bluemax2

Postby xarielx » September 6th, 2013, 10:42 pm

Hello Uzo, finishing this and writing up a response is a hurdle in itself. The loss of such a primary character, presumably Ruby is lost, sent chills up my spine. Whatever motivations the Agency or Nemesis may have for sending her back as a drone are secondary to the act itself, it serves to remind me that this is a very hostile and much darker setting akin to Neuromancer than it is to any standard erotic comic, and for that I believe many thanks are in order. It came as a shock that not only was Ruby led into this trap, but also, Zephyr is one of the best subversion devices. The form and grace that she plays all of them and strikes just at the right moment, you could literally hear the trap jaws shut. The bits and pieces of conversations, such as Haven describing the 'legend' of Timea, serve I think, to highlight the tragedy that Ruby, if you are true to your word, will never again be part of that sort of levity or companionship. Mirroring the good, the bad also serve to deliver some great performances, Doctor Rei's cold, calculating demeanour balanced by Q's playfulness, while they both casually debate on what Ruby's fate will be. While I found Nemesis prodding more erotic than scary, it opened up a new venue of the plot, the icy stare by the drone, the insult levied at her by Nemesis, it begs the question, why does the drone think it's not a wise decision? In closing, many many thanks for delivering such a jarring issue, your panels are masterfully done, and the prose leaps out of the page. I hope all of this reader's questions won't be left on a cliffhanger until the next episode.
xarielx

Postby Ghosthand » September 14th, 2013, 8:12 am

Words cannot describe how much I loved this issue! The story just keeps getting better and better. This is not your normal webcomic fare, the heroines make mistakes they pay for it, dearly! Q, doctor Rei, and Nemesis and such awesome villains. The casual way they treat humans as nothing more that test subjects or playthings shows them to have neither care nor compassion for anything but themselves.

Ruby as a controller drone... Awesome, just pure awesome! I could not stop looking at that final image! I've gone back several times just to see it again! I hope you make a wallpaper of her as a controller drone, she looks so beautiful like that. I can not wait to see the next issue and see what she is like. Controller drones seem to have more going on upstairs than the simple mark 2 drones. I'm not sure if it's just a advanced AI they have or if some of the original person is still in there, just twisted and corrupted to the agency's design.

As far as the transformation being permanent, physically wise I can see where this would be totally true. Her body has been so severely altered I can see there being no way to turn her back to normal but I have noticed in may stories that the drones have had their mind downloaded to somewhere (a database or possible a hive collective supercomputer?). Perhaps Ruby, along with every other drone, has her full consciousness stored out there somewhere and it is possible to restore her mind someday.

Take your time on the next issue, I wouldn't want to rush the quality of your work. I will just have to suffer in anticipation of the next issue :)
Ghosthand

Postby bluemax2 » September 15th, 2013, 9:07 pm

Here here!
My sentiments exactly as so well put by Ghosthand.
Some of the best story twists and related art ever seen on all three sites (Hip, MC and Metrobay), all of which I've read and subscribed to for a long time now.
Can't wait to see the next episode.

In meantime hopefully we get to see some more imagery of Rubydrone and perhaps even how she became a Mark3 hybrid drone?

Thank you again to Uzo.

Regards,

Bluemax
bluemax2

Postby bluemax2 » November 12th, 2013, 6:05 pm

Uzo:
How is the next chapter of the Division coming along?
Will we be able to see how Ruby was converted; perhaps step by step? Any more Rubydrone images perhaps as teasers to hold us over.
Any new drones coming especially from the dwindling group of rebels?

Are we going to see a showdown between Haven and Nemesis?

Perhaps we could see a flashback about how the Mark3 drone came about?

I'm sure most of us can't wait to see the next chapter in this incredible series.

Thank you again in advance. Keep up the great work.
bluemax2

Postby Uzobono » November 13th, 2013, 1:18 pm

Hi bluemax :).

I'm currently swamped with work on the next CORE (Zonedance), which we're aiming for the end of this month (*crosses fingers*).

During December, the holidays'll keep me *pretty* busy irl :p, *but* I think Synthetic Enigma should be ready for you all :). After the new year I plan to go ahead with the Haven/Ruby arc once again. As for what's gonna happen, well my lips are sealed, though the group won't dwindle so much :p.

I *love* reading all your feedback and comments so much :), I know my release schedule is a *bit* slow, but alas such is the cost of 60+ page graphic novels.

Thank you so so much for reading!
Uzobono

PreviousNext

Return to Uzobono