Victory City: Lord Prospero saga

Discuss "American Goddess" and other stories with Mr. Cryptic!

Re: Victory City: Lord Prospero saga

Postby Mr. Cryptic » February 18th, 2013, 10:39 pm

Hector2 wrote:Dear Mr. Cryptic:

Victory City # 32 is one of my favorite issues of all your run.

It has a little of characterization showing us the Queen of the Night (I always remember “Days of our lives” with her name!) by showing us Prospero utter respect (Dare I say fear?), also showing us she is reasonable when asking for his part but not wanting to harm Prospero´s plans, and even when she tells her back-story.

But the very best are the way she seduces the heroines. With pleasure, not pain. I just love this approach and I think that this is one of the best issues you have produced. The way she seduced Ocelot Woman was fantastic, and I sure would like to see more of American goddess seduction next issue.

Keep up this great work!

I'm sorry I'm not familiar with "Days of our Lives." The author David Brin had an alien race in his novels called "The Brothers of the Night" which always sounded cool to me. And there's also the Whitney Houston song. I wanted her to have a spooky, vaguely menacing title, like Batman or the Shadow.

The seduction of Ocelot Woman was very much based on the way BC does it in his stories (you can find them in the Stories forum at HIP Comix).

Glad you liked it, Hector!
Mr. Cryptic

Postby Hector2 » February 19th, 2013, 12:38 pm

Dear Mr. Cryptic:

I loved Victory City # 33. It has everything I loved in a erotic comic: Lord Prospero showing off Agent Beauty how he stole all the milk!

Now, the relationship between these two doesn’t remind me about Big Bads and Dragons, but almost as a friendship or companionship, like Drakken and Shego: It’s almost as Prospero is trying his best to impress Agent Beauty.

That guy is so narcissistic I don’t doubt would do himself! But he has to use her heroines, even when the Queen of the Night has stolen her two of them, that doesn’t seem to matter to him: Everything is working well.

And of course, with Brickhouse and Siren using her superheroine powers in creative ways… queen of vibration, yes sir!

Please, keep up this kind of work next issues!
Hector2

Postby Mr. Cryptic » February 28th, 2013, 8:37 am

I'm glad you're enjoying the relationship between Prospero and Agent Beauty. I am too. It's just kind of something that happened naturally. I got the idea for Agent Beauty when I saw the Action Girls photos of Veronika Zemanova. Then when Prospero needed a henchman (or woman) she seemed like a good choice. The relationship changed a little from the original concept to the realization in the comic. Someone once told me that the reason Boba Fett is so cool is because he's one of the few that talks back to Darth Vader (at least without getting slapped down).

I got the inspiration for the dance scene from the various slave girl dance scenes from the original Star Trek series.
Mr. Cryptic

Postby Mr. Cryptic » March 14th, 2013, 2:45 am

Ishtar has finally been freed from Lord Prospero's hypnotic spell and recovered her memories and powers!
None too soon, as Prospero has used his army of enslaved heroines to conquer Victory City!
Ishtar, goddess of love and war, strikes back with sexual magic!
But can she defeat Prospero and his legion!?
The final battle begins in Victory City #34, in the Member's Section now!

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=33518

Mr. Cryptic

Postby Hector2 » March 16th, 2013, 5:28 pm

Dear Mr. Cryptic:

This was the real return of a heroine! For a lot of times seeing this comics, I have seen the heroines acting foolingly, but here Ishtar takes care of business with terrible eficiency.

I loved how Prospero is now without an army. And this is only one goddess... what on earth was he thinking when he planned the invasion?

Just a question: For some reason, the heroines seem a little diferent, like different inking if this was a comic book... what could that be?

Great work!
Hector2

Postby Mr. Cryptic » March 17th, 2013, 10:53 pm

Hector2 wrote:Dear Mr. Cryptic:

This was the real return of a heroine! For a lot of times seeing this comics, I have seen the heroines acting foolingly, but here Ishtar takes care of business with terrible eficiency.

I loved how Prospero is now without an army. And this is only one goddess... what on earth was he thinking when he planned the invasion?

He's not entirely without an army, but a big chunk of it got taken out in one stroke. He still has the heroines he has enslaved, allied villains like Agent Beauty and the Buzzard,
and hired mercenaries.

I did want Ishtar's return to have a big impact, especially after being out of action for what feels like forever. Ishtar's has really big weaknesses, like Superman or Green Lantern, but she's also got incredible power, and she's using it. Since a lot of people were commenting on how she is seems so ineffective, I really wanted to show her this way :) .

Hector2 wrote:Just a question: For some reason, the heroines seem a little diferent, like different inking if this was a comic book... what could that be?

It's hard to say. I use different lighting in different scenes.

I made a lot of changes to Sonic Siren. I actually based Sonic Siren on Christina Aguilera, who I thought was not all that voluptuous, but then I saw her in some more recent photos and she looks more full figured than I pictured her (not sure if that was just me seeing her differently, or actual changes in her body). I don't make any effort to explain why she suddenly changes mid-story. I just liked the changes so I started using them.

Ishtar is wearing a different shade of makeup and nail polish than I was using recently. She can change her cosmetic appearance with minimal magical effort, so that's not hard to explain.

I sometimes have trouble with scenes that crash or won't load, and I won't be sure why. Sometimes I have to change out materials or change render settings many times until I can get things to work. I don't have a strong technical understanding of rendering and using Poser. I just kind of keep trying things until they work, which probably leads to some inconsistencies. I'm kind of an idiot savant with this stuff. Mr. Cryptic is so cryptic that even he doesn't know what he's doing sometimes :) !
Mr. Cryptic

Postby jrhcl2 » March 19th, 2013, 5:15 pm

(Mr. Cryptic comments) I did want Ishtar's return to have a big impact, especially after being out of action for what feels like forever. Ishtar's has really big weaknesses, like Superman or Green Lantern, but she's also got incredible power, and she's using it. ( Since a lot of people were commenting on how she is seems so ineffective,) I really wanted to show her this way :) .

Hello Mr. Cryptic!! I really had to make a comment on this installment, it great to see Ishtar back!! Your right it does seem Ishtar has been out of action forever, if you think about it, you have been doing comics here at MCcomix for almost two years. This is the first time she has really appeared as herself in your comics in the members area!! All her other appears have been in the free area or in another artist story in the members area!! IT GOOD TO SEE ISHTAR GET SOME PAYBACK!! I know I sound like a broken record and I've been one of the ones who has commented on how ineffective she has been as a hero, but Prospero did make her look like a minor league hero in their first encounter! She was suppose to be a powerful Goddess and Prospero was just a wizard in training!!

But if you look at the list of villains that have captured Ishtar and enslaved her you wouldn't be impressed, a thug with no powers ,a novice mage using low level magic, a Dr. with no powers who didn't think of himself as a super villain, most of her foes have had no powers are very little power!! Her powers are said to be on par with superman and she's supposedly able to hold her own with the most powerful mortals or gods!! But yet she can't handle a villain that the local police could capture (a thug) or (a novice mage) any sorceress worth her salt would have handled with no trouble!! She really haven't looked good in her stories as least when it come to looking like a skilled heroine or a heroine villains should fear!! The villains have looked really good in her stories, they always seem to take down the vastly more powerful Goddess.

As least for me the first 9 installments of the adventures of Ishtar made me wonder how skilled of hero she really is, they changed my view of Ishtar completely!! I'm hoping Ishtar will redeem herself if she come face to face again with lord Prospero.
jrhcl2

Postby Mr. Cryptic » March 20th, 2013, 9:39 am

Ishtar continues to ravish Lord Prospero with her sexual magic!
Can his sexy superheroine slaves protect him!?
The battle for Victory City continues in Victory City #35, in the member's section now!

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=33518&g2_GALLERYSID=1c96ed553d915de8507e0672d91d0f6b

Mr. Cryptic

Postby jrhcl2 » March 22nd, 2013, 2:55 pm

Hello Mr. Cryptic!! I really like this installment, Nice to see Lord Prospero on the rope, things has been going his way to long!! I'm enjoying seeing Ishtar do to him what he did to her in the taming of the Goddess, even those in that installment he made her give him her rod which he used to enslave Ishtar, while Ishtar seem to be making him release his seed so he will lose his powers but he still has his free will. Was he lucky having Brickhouse there so he could recharge his magic or was that his plan to send pitbull and siren to stop Ishtar and have Brickhouse to use to fuel his magic! I can't wait to see Lord Prospero go down!!

With Pitbull getting ready to attack Ishtar, we will find out if Ishtar is as invulnerability as Brickhouse and Ultra Maxima after she gained Brickhouse's abilities!! Ultra Maxima was able to handle Pitbull and Siren easily, are can Ishtar only use her magic for one task at a time, like using her sex magic on Prospero, does Ishtar have to re-focus to put up her shield and use her strength!! That something I've been wondering about for a while, Sense both the thug and the gangster of love were able to hold on to her while their drugs were taking effect on her as the American Goddess, neither one of them had super strength!! We will find out if Ishtar really is the greatest superhero in the world !!!
jrhcl2

Postby Hector2 » March 26th, 2013, 6:05 pm

Dear Mr. Cryptic:

I am only waiting to see how Pitbull fares against Ishtar... at least, Prospero had a plan B, but without monsters, I am sure his mercenaries will felt doubt...
Hector2

Postby Mr. Cryptic » March 28th, 2013, 2:29 pm

Prospero has taken Victory City, and Ishtar must contend with his army of enslaved superheroines!
As Ishtar struggles against her former teammates, a mysterious figure enters the battlefield!
Victory City #36 is in the Member's Area Now!

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=33518

Mr. Cryptic

Postby jrhcl2 » March 28th, 2013, 6:53 pm

Hello Mr. Cryptic, that was a surprising update!! WOW!! I'M SHOCKED !!! But it does prove that Ishtar isn't the greatest superhero in the World, she's not tough!! Pitbull make that look easy!! I was surprised !! Ishtar really is nothing without her magical garments!! She was easily taken down by Pitbull and Siron. I thought she would be able to beat them, she is really slow to react, even when she has her garments on! It seems all you have to do is come up behind her and grab her. I'm really shocked at how easy that was!!

Brickhouse would have handle both of them easily, even if they attacked her at the same time! Brickhouse doesn't have magical powers or a strong will, but she's the real power, the real deal!! Ishtar was really expose in this Installment! She's no greater then any of these other heroes in the Legion, she's just another hero!!

I have to say, I'm really disappointed in Ishtar !!! Where is this powerful Goddess of love and War, queen of the Gods, the greatest hero in the world??? I thought Ishtar would redeem herself by defeating Prospero ,freeing her fellow heroes from Prospero spell and freeing Victory City. Looks like Ishtar is going from being Prospero Slave to being the Queen of the night slave! I'm was really disappointed with Ishtar, extremely disappointed with her in this installment!! :( :|
jrhcl2

Postby Hector2 » March 29th, 2013, 11:15 pm

Dear Mr. Cryptic:

Victory City # 36 was amazing! I think you’re doing a great job explaining Isthar powers… the generic heroine on this type of comics had powers that work as well as the plot mandates. That means, if the villain needs her captured, her powers would be useless. If the writer wants her free, they would work well. Here you’re explaining very well when the powers works and when not.

About Pitbull, I am certainly excited by her powers, maybe I didn’t understand them before, but the power to trap someone seems very kinky to me (I would like to be trapped by her). Then Syren. I love her and I think that her powers are also very good, I would love to see more of her.

But the best part was the final, when the real villain appears: The Queen of the Night, saving the heroine? Then we are informed that she is surprised to see her. My guess? Queen of the Night is sabotaging Prospero’s foolish attempt to conquer the gods realm. But I could be wrong, and then the Queen of the Night could have different plans for Ishtar…

I love your work! I am anxious to see next issue!
Hector2

Postby Mr. Cryptic » March 30th, 2013, 2:00 am

I guess it's happened again where Ishtar does a lot (she wiped out half of Prospero's army), but it happeded so fast it's not that noticeable. Pitbull was able to disarm Ishtar quickly because Ishtar was using magic (which makes most spell casters vulnerable, I figure), and because Pitbull's power is specifically that she can exploit weaknesses to outwrestle and pin almost anyone. She could even pin Brickhouse despite being a lot less strong. Pitbull's one of the more powerful heroines, but she can't banish an army of demons like Ishtar can.

The Queen of the Night is very tough. She managed to become the leader of an organized crime organization that includes many superhumans.

The Queen was probably surprised to see Ishtar because Ishtar had been missing for awhile. Prospero knew why she was missing, but he isn't going to be sharing any information with the Queen unless he has to.

I'm glad people liked Pitbull and Sonic Siren. I've been wanting to use them more. I redesigned Siren to make her a little more voluptuous, and I really like her new look.
Mr. Cryptic

Postby jrhcl2 » April 1st, 2013, 7:12 pm

Mr. Cryptic wrote:I guess it's happened again where Ishtar does a lot (she wiped out half of Prospero's army), but it happeded so fast it's not that noticeable. Pitbull was able to disarm Ishtar quickly because Ishtar was using magic (which makes most spell casters vulnerable, I figure), and because Pitbull's power is specifically that she can exploit weaknesses to outwrestle and pin almost anyone. She could even pin Brickhouse despite being a lot less strong. Pitbull's one of the more powerful heroines, but she can't banish an army of demons like Ishtar can.

( jrhcl2) reply: I did noticed Ishtar banish those demons, but it was another briefly shown victory of Her! Pitbull may not be able to banish demons, but she can beat Ishtar in the time it take Ishtar to banish demons!! It seem Ishtar is the character everybody get to shine against !! She's either somebody slave or getting beaten by heroes or villains she is vastly more powerful then!! She rarely get to shine!!

The Queen of the Night is very tough. She managed to become the leader of an organized crime organization that includes many superhumans.

( jrhcl2) reply: she's a lot more powerful than Ishtar!! She made easy work of Pitbull and Siren!! Pitbull and Siren mopped the floor with Ishtar!!

The Queen was probably surprised to see Ishtar because Ishtar had been missing for awhile. Prospero knew why she was missing, but he isn't going to be sharing any information with the Queen unless he has to.

( jrhcl2) reply: It seem Ishtar spend all that time not knowing she was the Goddess Ishtar, instead of returning to save the day,only to become the slave of the Queen of night!! This story has turned out to be a struggle for power between two villains, the Heroines are just their pawns to be used!! When will the heroines get to be hero?? Not just the pawns of these two low life villains!! Will we ever see Ishtar be this powerful Goddess, the world greatest hero, she's said to be ?? Not everybody stepping stone!!

I'm glad people liked Pitbull and Sonic Siren. I've been wanting to use them more. I redesigned Siren to make her a little more voluptuous, and I really like her new look.

Siren does look really Hot!! All my comments are listed above in the white box below your comments.
jrhcl2

PreviousNext

Return to Mr. Cryptic