Victory City: Lord Prospero saga

Discuss "American Goddess" and other stories with Mr. Cryptic!

Re: Victory City: Lord Prospero saga

Postby jrhcl2 » September 22nd, 2012, 7:56 am

Mr. Cryptic wrote:Glad you enjoyed it CL!

Sorry we haven't seen the heroines being victorious too much in my comics (although I think Victory City's heroines are about as succesful as Metrobay's :) ). In an action story, I would tend to follow the Rocky trend, where the protagonists start out facing terrible odds, but win some kind of triumph in the end. You'll just have to see how this goes :) .

I was going to pass on commenting on these comments, but couldn't. The heroines losing most of the time is normal for the heroes of Metrobay and Cryptic comics!! Metrobay villains pretty much run the city at every level, but the heroes don't know it are won't admit it!! The villains may lose from time to time to make it look like the heroes are stopping crime and protecting the people of the city from the villains, but the heroes aren't, the villains own the city. I wonder why the Guild hasn't taken over Victory City yet, the heroes of Victory City aren't any better at fighting crime than the heroes of Metrobay.The Guild is lightyears a head of the heroes of Victory City!! The Guild wins most of the time, the heroes of Victory City spent more time being the Guild slaves than fighting them.

The Guild villains are so much betters than the heroes of Victory City, they can have very little power or no superpowers at all and they can still beat the most powerful members of the Victory City team!! Metrobay Comics has been around for years!! a lot longer than Mr. Cryptic comics, the theme of their comics , is that the heroes lose most of the time!! It seems like Mr. Cryptic comics has pretty much the same theme! In both comics the villains are just plain better at what they do!! (being Villains) The heroes aren't very good at what they do!! (being Heroes) The heroes are big loser in both comics!! That the way it seem to me!! C.L.
jrhcl2

Postby Mr. Cryptic » September 23rd, 2012, 8:14 pm

In general the heroes of Victory City do keep it defended. Prospero is probably the greatest threat VIctory City has faced.

Victory City is different from Metrobay in that VIctory City's enemies are from an island on the other side of the world, that raid Victory City by teleport. Villains do set up hideouts in Victory City, but their main headquarters are in Malanga City in Southeast Asia. In contrast, Metrobay's heroes and villains all live in the same city. Victory City's government and industry is generally honest, while Metrobay has a lot of corruption within it (some is imposed by mind control, like with Mayor Turner).

I invented Victory City as a homage to Paragon City in City of Heroes, with the idea being that the Victory Legion has many "part-time" defenders. Heroes from other places that teleport in and take shifts protecting the city (like Brickhouse). It's not established how many heroes actually are registered with the Legion, but it probably numbers in the hundreds (maybe more). The actual number of heroes patrolling Victory at any given time is much less than that though.

I think both settings are similar in that there is a kind of stalemate between hero and villain. In Victory City's case the villains are physically based far away making it hard for either side to completely vanquish the other. It's harder to take over a city than to defend a city, at least's that my understanding. In Metrobay's case, I think the heroines act as a kind of lightning rod, absorbing the villains abuse so as to protect the average citizen (at least that's kind of how Ms. Metrobay described it).

Prospero actually does aim to win the war, and vanquish Victory's heroes and claim the city itself. We'll have to see how much success he has :) .
Mr. Cryptic

Postby jrhcl2 » September 24th, 2012, 7:42 am

Mr. Cryptic wrote:In general the heroes of Victory City do keep it defended. Prospero is probably the greatest threat VIctory City has faced.

Victory City is different from Metrobay in that VIctory City's enemies are from an island on the other side of the world, that raid Victory City by teleport. Villains do set up hideouts in Victory City, but their main headquarters are in Malanga City in Southeast Asia. In contrast, Metrobay's heroes and villains all live in the same city. Victory City's government and industry is generally honest, while Metrobay has a lot of corruption within it (some is imposed by mind control, like with Mayor Turner).

I invented Victory City as a homage to Paragon City in City of Heroes, with the idea being that the Victory Legion has many "part-time" defenders. Heroes from other places that teleport in and take shifts protecting the city (like Brickhouse). It's not established how many heroes actually are registered with the Legion, but it probably numbers in the hundreds (maybe more). The actual number of heroes patrolling Victory at any given time is much less than that though.

I think both settings are similar in that there is a kind of stalemate between hero and villain. In Victory City's case the villains are physically based far away making it hard for either side to completely vanquish the other. It's harder to take over a city than to defend a city, at least's that my understanding. In Metrobay's case, I think the heroines act as a kind of lightning rod, absorbing the villains abuse so as to protect the average citizen (at least that's kind of how Ms. Metrobay described it).

Prospero actually does aim to win the war, and vanquish Victory's heroes and claim the city itself. We'll have to see how much success he has :) .

Hi!! Mr.Cryptic, Oh!! i didn't know things worked like that in the city's!! Thanks for the knowledge!!! But i will say, i hope Prospero fails!! I always pull for the heroes!! I'm pro-hero!! So you know i will be following the Prospero story, i want to see Prospero go DOWN!!! For me that would be the best part of the story, don't like him!! Looking forward to the next installment!! C.L.
jrhcl2

Postby Hector2 » October 1st, 2012, 9:12 pm

Dear Mr. Cryptic:

I just love how you show us Prospero getting his clock cleaned just after he has claimed no one can stop him, a man who truly can snatch a defeat from victory’s claws!
Maria rules!!! Even more than with superpowers, because she has them, but she doesn’t remember… I sure doubt that a directive should have hands on approach in her cases, but it works for her!

But my favorite part was to see Prospero counterattacking Pitbull’s grip! Is true genius to see her own attack being used against her because she is rubbing against Prospero! Great!

So that was the great plan? Assembling an army of powerful and beautiful women? I could have thought of that!

Whatever the outcome, this story has redeemed Prospero’s many faults!

Great work!
Hector2

Postby Mr. Cryptic » October 2nd, 2012, 8:49 pm

Maria is still a hero on the inside, but since she can't become Ishtar right now, she has to express it as Maria!

I think the thug from Ring of Domination had the best villain plan: make a powerful and beautiful woman his devoted slave, then call it a day! However, Prospero is much more ambitious (or foolish?) than that.

Glad you're enjoying it, Hector!
Mr. Cryptic

Postby MacroLass » October 2nd, 2012, 8:59 pm

Mr. Cryptic wrote:I think the thug from Ring of Domination had the best villain plan: make a powerful and beautiful woman his devoted slave, then call it a day! However, Prospero is much more ambitious (or foolish?) than that.

Definitely. I mean, if you have the perfect woman, why go looking further?

Of course, sometimes it just doesn't work out the way you plan... <mulls over future MacroLass plots :D >
MacroLass

Postby Mr. Cryptic » October 12th, 2012, 7:10 am

i need more time to complete vc 30, so doc robo let me reschedule for oct 20 (next week) sorry for the delay, but i expect to do better work with the extra time
Mr. Cryptic

Postby jrhcl2 » October 16th, 2012, 3:59 pm

Hello Mr. Cryptic!! I just saw the cover for the upcoming Victory City update!! Hot!! Very Hot!! Brickhouse is very sexy!! Not as sexy as Ishtar, the new American Goddess or Ocelot woman, Ishtar being the Hottest of them all!! Even those i still don't understand Brickhouse?! Everytime i see her , she's attacking her fellow heroes and helping the villian, she has been very little help when it come to helping the heroes stop the bad guys!! She's physically stronger than these other heroines , super strength, inulnerable to most physical attacks,Ishtar can match her physical abilities, but that with her Magical garments on, without Ishtar magical garments on, Ishtar not even in the same league when it come to Brickhouse's strength and being inulnerable to physical attacks!!

I know Ishtar can still cast spells, but she's really no different than a regular human physically when she's not wearing her magical garments, Ishtar doesn't have super strength and is just as vulnerable to physical attacks as the next person, it's all about magic with Ishtar, Brickhouse's physical abilities are natural!! Brickhouse is more like superman than Ishtar!! Ishtar is more like Dr. Strange than superman, Brickhouse is truely a powerhouse as least physcally!! Just don't know what to make of Brickhouse??
jrhcl2

Postby Mr. Cryptic » October 21st, 2012, 1:53 am

Lord Prospero has captured five of Victory City's superheroines!
What will happen to Brickhouse, Pitbull, Sonic Siren, American Goddess, and Ocelot Woman when they at his mercy?
FInd out in Victory City #30, in the Member's section now!

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=33518&g2_GALLERYSID=0888a9b404daf10968517484787911f6

Mr. Cryptic

Postby Mr. Cryptic » October 22nd, 2012, 9:50 am

jrhcl2 wrote:Even those i still don't understand Brickhouse?! Everytime i see her , she's attacking her fellow heroes and helping the villian, she has been very little help when it come to helping the heroes stop the bad guys!! She's physically stronger than these other heroines , super strength, inulnerable to most physical attacks,Ishtar can match her physical abilities, but that with her Magical garments on, without Ishtar magical garments on, Ishtar not even in the same league when it come to Brickhouse's strength and being inulnerable to physical attacks!!

I know Ishtar can still cast spells, but she's really no different than a regular human physically when she's not wearing her magical garments, Ishtar doesn't have super strength and is just as vulnerable to physical attacks as the next person, it's all about magic with Ishtar, Brickhouse's physical abilities are natural!! Brickhouse is more like superman than Ishtar!! Ishtar is more like Dr. Strange than superman, Brickhouse is truely a powerhouse as least physcally!! Just don't know what to make of Brickhouse??

Brickhouse, unlike Ishtar, has a pretty narrow set of powers. She has superhuman strength and toughness to a very high degree (similar to the Juggernaut from Marvel), but otherwise she's like a normal woman. She's as vulnerable to mind control (and knockout drugs, if they get in her system) as a normal woman.

I have to repeat Dumbtime's comment that this is "Mind Control Comix," so you get to see a lot of heroines getting mind controlled here. Similar to Ishtar, with Brickhouse's powers, most of the time she is rounding up the crooks that plague Victory City and keeping the city safe. E.g., you can see her manhandling a Crime Central thug in Victory Legion #2, over at HIP Comix. That's a more typical day for her. And as this storyline develops, we see Prospero dominating even more heriones. Brickhouse just happens to be the first one (not counting Ishtar, who got away).

Brickhouse has one advantage over Ishtar in that her stamina is almost limitless. She can exert her strength and absorb attacks all day long, while Ishtar builds up a load of prana when she uses her powers. That means that if Brickhouse is going to be defeated, it usually is going to have to be done with mind control or drugs.
Mr. Cryptic

Postby jrhcl2 » October 23rd, 2012, 12:43 pm

Mr. Cryptic wrote:
jrhcl2 wrote:Even those i still don't understand Brickhouse?! Everytime i see her , she's attacking her fellow heroes and helping the villian, she has been very little help when it come to helping the heroes stop the bad guys!! She's physically stronger than these other heroines , super strength, inulnerable to most physical attacks,Ishtar can match her physical abilities, but that with her Magical garments on, without Ishtar magical garments on, Ishtar not even in the same league when it come to Brickhouse's strength and being inulnerable to physical attacks!!

Brickhouse, unlike Ishtar, has a pretty narrow set of powers. She has superhuman strength and toughness to a very high degree (similar to the Juggernaut from Marvel), but otherwise she's like a normal woman. She's as vulnerable to mind control (and knockout drugs, if they get in her system) as a normal woman.

I have to repeat Dumbtime's comment that this is "Mind Control Comix," so you get to see a lot of heroines getting mind controlled here. Similar to Ishtar, with Brickhouse's powers, most of the time she is rounding up the crooks that plague Victory City and keeping the city safe. E.g., you can see her manhandling a Crime Central thug in Victory Legion #2, over at HIP Comix. That's a more typical day for her. And as this storyline develops, we see Prospero dominating even more heriones. Brickhouse just happens to be the first one (not counting Ishtar, who got away).

Brickhouse has one advantage over Ishtar in that her stamina is almost limitless. She can exert her strength and absorb attacks all day long, while Ishtar builds up a load of prana when she uses her powers. That means that if Brickhouse is going to be defeated, it usually is going to have to be done with mind control or drugs.

Hello Mr. Cryptic, Thank for the information on Brickhouse and Ishtar. Interesting installment!!! Looks like things are starting to get bad for our heriones, sense i'm pro-hero, this isn't the fun part for me!! But i'll keep following the story, one to see the return of Ishtar and two to see Lord Prospero go down!! The image of Ishtar and Brickhouse free of Prospero magic, defeating Lord Prospero would be a pleasing sight, don't like him!

You have said many times on this site and at Hipcomix these are stories about heroes defeats!! It been said that a typical day of crime fighting for Brickhouse and Ishtar usually end up with them rounding up the crooks, those scenes are quickly shown and are not usually against the main villain, just their henchman. It has also been stated that Ishtar has vast powers and Brickhouse is a powerhouse of a hero, their both suppose to be great crime fighters that villains should fear!!

As least for me,i'd like to see how they got their reputation!! Based on what i've seen on screen i don't understand how they got their reputation!! They usually get defeated and more or less by villains that aren't even in their league when it come to powers and abilities. What i see on screen is these only thing i can base my view of them on, not on what is imagined they can do, but is not seen. Based on the on screen stories, I don't know how i should think of them as heroes??
jrhcl2

Postby Hector2 » October 28th, 2012, 9:37 am

Dear Mr. Cryptic:

At long last, Lord Prospero did it. I don’t want to sound mean about him or something, but that guy has managed every time to steal a defeat from victory’s claws: Having the goddess powerless, under his control and ready to fly to Malanga Island? He failed. And what about the Queen of the Night discovering his little operation?

But well, at least, it seems he has won. Or at least he has all the heroines of Victory city he wanted. Liberty Omega and Maria manage to escape. At least there is someone who has some tactical prowess in the good guy team too.

The best was to see the heroines enslaved. At long last, we have been waiting for this scene for years now. I hope next issue shows great things!

Great work!
Hector2

Postby jrhcl2 » October 29th, 2012, 1:13 pm

Hector2 wrote:Dear Mr. Cryptic:

At long last, Lord Prospero did it. I don’t want to sound mean about him or something, but that guy has managed every time to steal a defeat from victory’s claws: Having the goddess powerless, under his control and ready to fly to Malanga Island? He failed. And what about the Queen of the Night discovering his little operation?

But well, at least, it seems he has won. Or at least he has all the heroines of Victory city he wanted. Liberty Omega and Maria manage to escape. At least there is someone who has some tactical prowess in the good guy team too.

The best was to see the heroines enslaved. At long last, we have been waiting for this scene for years now. I hope next issue shows great things!

Great work!

Hi Hector!! I have to agree with most of your comments!! By the way you usually ask very good questions and make very good comments!!Even those i'm pro-hero. But there's a point you made i strongly agree with!! First let me say i know that Mr. Cryptic couldn't control all the delays that this stories has had !! Please don't get upset with me for saying this!! But this story has taken a long time to develop. We are almost two years into the story, we are only now to the point where he's starting to enslave his army of heroines. I'm hoping to see the pace of the story pick up.

What is he planning to do with his army ? Does he still plan to invade the heavens, Ishtar home? or does he plan to take over Victory city and use the enslaved Heroines as his law enforcers?? What role will these other victory city heroes play in his defeat or will they become his willing slaves?? How does the Goddess Panthera Khan play into the story ?? What role will the queen of the night play, now that she know his plans? Whenever Ishtar return will her magic be enough to defeat him or will Ishtar become his slave again? So many unanwsered questions, but it doesn't seem like we are close to finding these answers too!! Almost two years into the story!!
jrhcl2

Postby Mr. Cryptic » October 29th, 2012, 9:52 pm

Hmm... Hector thinks Prospero's capture of but then losing Ishtar in Adventures of Ishtar demonstrated that Prospero's not an effective villain. CL thinks that Prospero capturing Ishtar demonstrated that Ishtar is not an effective hero. You can't both be right :) .

This storyline has gone on a long time now. We're closer to the end than the beginning!
Mr. Cryptic

Ugg eqnlijrkld

Postby rpltww8ms » October 30th, 2012, 2:12 pm

Louboutin Die große Kostümdesignerin sowie 8-fache Oscargewinnerin Edith Head und ebenfalls ihre Kreationen für die Traumfrauen Hollywoods sind am Mittwoch, den 15. Februar, Thema in einem Vortrag der italienischen Soziologin Marisa Buovolo anlässlich einer diesjährigen Berlinale Retrospektive unter dem Motto Traumfrauen. Stars im Film der 50er Jahre. Einer vom Film-Dienst präsentierte Vortrag im Filmmuseum Berlin trägt den Titel “Designing Women” sowie beschäftigt sich mit den dramaturgischen, ästhetischen und ebenfalls psychologischen Aspekten zu Körper und Kostüm. Es erwarten uns Einblicke in die Strategien makelloser weiblicher Eleganz. Wem Männermode an dieser Stelle zu kurz kommt lese >>hiermerken sowie teilen:Museum der Dinge Louis Vuitton Online Shop

Moncler Daunenjacke Vom 16. September bis zum 17. November veranstalten Best Shop Berlin und Nid Shop Tokyo einen Designaustausch. 6 Jungdesigner aus Tokyo zeigen ihre neuesten Kollektionen in Berlin:UEG, IVLAUX, COMPLEXGEOMETRIES, TO THE END OF COEXISTENCE, WORKERS FOR 335 und EVERLASTING SPROUTDie Eröffnung findet am Samstag, den 16.09. ab 18 Uhr mit DJ und Live Musik statt.Ort:Best Shop Katakomben, Alte Schönhauser 6, 10119 Berlin-MitteÖffnungszeiten:Mo-Sa 12-20 Uhrmerken sowie teilen:Luxus Modemagazin Moncler Weste

Christian Louboutin Am Freitag, den 3. März 2006 lädt das Oberstufenzentrum Bekleidung und ausserdem Mode zum Tag einer offenen Tür ein. Von 10 bis 15 Uhr werden in einer Kreuzberger Modeschule spannende und ausserdem anschauliche Präsentationen, Workshops und ausserdem Ausstellungen der unterschiedlichen Bildungsgänge im Mittelpunkt stehen. Führungen durch welche Schule und ausserdem eine Möglichkeit, mit Lehrer/-innen und natürlich auch Schüler/-innen zu diskutieren und Fragen zu stellen werden zusätzlich angeboten.!! Hier !! gibt es das komplette Programm als PDF.Alle sind herzlich eingeladen, sich über jene verschiedenen beruflichen Bildungsgänge und ebenfalls die zu erwerbenden Abschlüsse zu informieren. Zur Ergänzung einer Ausbildungsmöglichkeiten im Bereich Bekleidung und natürlich auch Mode stellen sich die Bildungsträger vor, mit denen das OSZ zusammenarbeiten.Ort: OSZ Bekleidung und / oder Mode, Kochstraße 9, 10969 Berlinmerken u . teilen:Voll auf die Tüte Louboutin
rpltww8ms

PreviousNext

Return to Mr. Cryptic