Victory City: Lord Prospero saga

Discuss "American Goddess" and other stories with Mr. Cryptic!

Re: Victory City: Lord Prospero saga

Postby jrhcl2 » October 30th, 2012, 2:56 pm

Mr. Cryptic wrote:Hmm... Hector thinks Prospero's capture of but then losing Ishtar in Adventures of Ishtar demonstrated that Prospero's not an effective villain. CL thinks that Prospero capturing Ishtar demonstrated that Ishtar is not an effective hero. You can't both be right :) .

This storyline has gone on a long time now. We're closer to the end than the beginning!

Hello Mr. Cryptic. The biggest reason that Ishtar being defeated by Prospero standout for me is this,Ishtar is a magical being a sorceress, her powers are magic based!! She has hundreds of years of training and experience, hundreds of years of magical knowledge. All her people have training and access to magic. Magic being common place amoung her people, as a war Goddess i'm sure she has faced magical based attacks many times. Which lead me to believe that she has learned many way to defense against magical attacks and would have a high resistance to magical based attacks! Especially the low level magic prospero was using on her at the time!! I could understand why she couldn't overcome the effect of the hypnotic microchips or the irridite energy, things she have never faced before, but magic something she knows and has faced many times!! A sorceress with her experience and knowledge of magic beaten by a novice!!

That why i question her abilities, i know Prospero surprised her, with her experience i thought Ishtar would be able to handle a inexperienced novice using simple magic!! I was surprised and i'm still shocked at how she reacted in that battle! Prospero looked like he was the one with the hundreds of years of experience and knowledge of magic, Ishtar looked like the novice.

Ishtar is my favorite victory City hero!! I could understand if Ishtar was defeated by a team of wizards from the powerful Crimeson Coven, but beaten by a novice mage in one on one combat!! A powerful Goddess of love and war, a being with vast magical powers, who's magical powers dwarf Prospero power, I couldn't believe how bad Ishtar looked!! The point being that he was just a novice, Ishtar is beaten by a Novice mage!! As least for me, that make me question her abilities and how effective of hero she really is!! C.L.
jrhcl2

Postby Mr. Cryptic » November 1st, 2012, 8:54 pm

The main things working against Ishtar when Prospero captured her was first that is was outside of combat, and she needs to let her guard down in order to replenish her strength (by having sex). Also, although Prospero was a realtively low power mage, he was very talented and clever. Prospero is arguably the number one villain in the Victory City setting, mainly because he is very clever and very strong willed.
Mr. Cryptic

Postby jrhcl2 » November 3rd, 2012, 8:50 am

Hey Mr. Cryptic!! What's up with all the missing folders?? One folder 4 images?? Really!?
jrhcl2

Postby dumbtime » November 3rd, 2012, 9:36 am

The sites undergoing some reorganization as Jpeger changes servers. It shouldn't be like that for long. (hopefully)
dumbtime

Postby jrhcl2 » November 13th, 2012, 5:05 pm

Hello Mr. Cryptic. Nice cover for the return of the adventures of Ishtar!! Look like Maria Jones and Paul Barnes are really up against it!! I really want to find out what happen to Liberty Omega after he saved Maria Jones and to learn what role Sovereign and his slave Ultra Maxima will play in the story, we saw them briefly in Victory City # 22.

Real excited about the return of the adventures of Ishtar, hopefully we will see the return of Ishtar in the near future and learn what role she will play in Prospero lust for Power!! Can Ishtar defeat Lord Prospero now that his knowledge of magic matches her and his magical powers are on a level with her, magic he learned from Ishtar!! Who magic is superior,who is the most skilled at using their magical powers the immortal scorceress or the mortal wizard?! In their first encounter Prospero proved he was very skilled at using his limited magic, round one went to Prospero,but will it be different this time if Ishtar has her guard up??? I'm looking foward to finding out!!
jrhcl2

Postby Mr. Cryptic » November 16th, 2012, 12:13 am

I'm looking forward to returning to Ishtar's storyline also.

The story is a little out of order now, since Victory City #31 takes place before Ishtar #10, but I'm ready to post Ishtar #10 now. I plan to post Victory City #31 in December.
Mr. Cryptic

Postby Mr. Cryptic » January 17th, 2013, 12:35 am

In Victory City #30, Prospero brought his captives Brickhouse, Pitbull, Sonic Siren, Ocelot Woman and American Goddess back to his base of operations on Malanga Island!
Using magical seduction, he enslaves the heroines one by one!
However, even if Prospero no longer has an heroines to fear, a certain villainess may be more than a match for him!
The intrigue continues in Victory City #31, in the member's section now!
http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=33518
Mr. Cryptic

Postby jrhcl2 » January 22nd, 2013, 12:52 pm

Hello Mr. Cryptic!! First let me say, i'm glad to hear your going to be doing updates here at MCcomix twice a month like you've been doing over at hipcomix!! I liked how well that worked out over on Hipcomix, besides having more updates, you get more stories and new series with different heroines being featured. We also learned a lot more about the heroines, like we did in the Victory Legion series we learned a lot more about Brickhouse and a little more was revealed on how Ishtar prefer to use her powers, same thing in the Ishtar vs Indeks series we learned a lot more about the American Goddess and Ishtar's nature, there's more character development, not all the focus is on the peril, learning more about the heroines as a person, That the thing i really enjoy about more updates. So I'm really looking forward to you doing more updates here on MCcomix, i'm excited about the new adventures you will come up with for your heriones!! Along with learning more about each characters, the person, their desires!! :D As least for me, i'm actually more into the characters and how the story plays out than the actual fetish!!

Now let me comment on Victory City #31. Really liked it, I've been wondering what happened to the heroines that Prospero captured when they were on the guild island!! Looking forward to seeing what will happen between Prospero and the queen of the night, that being said. Good to see these other heroines being involved, not only in the fighting but the sexual action too! Looking forward to the next installment!! Oh!! Pitbull looks really hot on the cover!!
jrhcl2

Postby Mr. Cryptic » January 31st, 2013, 2:09 am

As Lord Prospero trains his superheroine captives to serve him, the Queen of the Night joins in on the fun!
What are the sexy crime boss' plans for Prospero and his beautiful captives?
Find out in Victory City #32, in the Member's section now!
Mr. Cryptic

Postby Hector2 » January 31st, 2013, 9:28 pm

Dear Mr. Cryptic:

Talking abot coitous interruptus ;)

Victory City # 31: A comedy masterpiece?

The enslaving of Pitbull and Siren was awesome! I was hoping to know more about Siren, but it seems she will not have a lot to talk in this storyline, if you know what I mean.
And I know I have said this before: I don’t care much for Lord Prospero, but I am beginning to suspect you neither care so much about him: Even when the guy wins, he loses! Enter The Queen of the Night!

And yes, “Ahem, Lord Prospero”, didn’t seem like a great line to say, but she manages to make it cool!
Hector2

Postby Mr. Cryptic » February 1st, 2013, 3:20 am

I still imagine that the Special Deputies Authority as having hundreds of heroes and heroines registered with it, and my characters are just the ones that are focused on in these stories. In practice I've had a hard time portraying it that way. Sonic Siren and Pitbull are kind of my perennial supporting character superheroines. They kind of represent a lot of other supporting characters that don't get shown. I would like to sometime do a story where one or both were the main characters, but it hasn't happened yet. I enjoyed doing the centerfold cover with Pitbull.

I have other ideas for more supporting heroines, but time and money have limited my ability to bring those out.

Sonic Siren was inspired by a Target commercial where Christina Aguilera was playing a superhero in a video. Pitbull started out as my attempt to do a Wolverine inspired heroine. I was trying to be original by giving her a bite attack instead of claws. I decided it would be better to make her more like a pit bull figuratively, so her mutant power is that she's superhumanly good at pursuing and subduing.
Mr. Cryptic

Postby Hector2 » February 12th, 2013, 11:29 am

Dear Mr. Cryptic:

Victory City # 32 is one of my favorite issues of all your run.

It has a little of characterization showing us the Queen of the Night (I always remember “Days of our lives” with her name!) by showing us Prospero utter respect (Dare I say fear?), also showing us she is reasonable when asking for his part but not wanting to harm Prospero´s plans, and even when she tells her back-story.

But the very best are the way she seduces the heroines. With pleasure, not pain. I just love this approach and I think that this is one of the best issues you have produced. The way she seduced Ocelot Woman was fantastic, and I sure would like to see more of American goddess seduction next issue.

Keep up this great work!
Hector2

Postby Mr. Cryptic » February 14th, 2013, 10:33 pm

A quick note and apology: Victory City #33 was due out today (which is almost over now), but it will be a bit late. I've had some technical difficulties, and some dumb mistakes on my part that have delayed things, but I'm hoping to get it up in the next few hours.

I have another update scheduled for Saturday, and I don't know when that will be up. It will probably be Monday.

I think it bothers me at least as much as anyone when I can't get an update out on time, but I apologize for the delay.
Mr. Cryptic

Postby Mr. Cryptic » February 14th, 2013, 10:38 pm

One other thing, my current schedule means I am usually on my laptop at work where it's not safe to be surfing adult comic websites, so I'm not able to reply to forum comments as much as I'd like (and on top of that I'm just really busy), so sorry if I leave comments unanswered for awhile, but I do plan to reply :) .
Mr. Cryptic

Postby Mr. Cryptic » February 15th, 2013, 4:18 am

Before Prospero launches his invasion of Victory City, he takes time to enjoy the company of his superheroine slaves!
See it in VIctory CIty #33, in the member's section, now!
Mr. Cryptic

PreviousNext

Return to Mr. Cryptic