VICTORY CITY #22: BRICKHOUSE IS BACK!

Discuss "American Goddess" and other stories with Mr. Cryptic!

Re: VICTORY CITY #22: BRICKHOUSE IS BACK!

Postby Mr. Cryptic » February 8th, 2012, 11:24 pm

HI Hector - Well, this is Mind Control Comix, so yes, we'll be seeing Prospero enslaving some heroines soon!

I'm glad you're enjoying this storyline!

CL, Ultra is very powerful. Given her current power level (with Brickhouse's strength and invulnerability), she very likely is more powerful than Ishtar. Ishtar has vast magical power, but also has vulnerabilities Ultra doesn't have.
Mr. Cryptic

Postby jrhcl2 » March 7th, 2012, 7:59 pm

Mr. Cryptic wrote:HI Hector - Well, this is Mind Control Comix, so yes, we'll be seeing Prospero enslaving some heroines soon!

I'm glad you're enjoying this storyline!

CL, Ultra is very powerful. Given her current power level (with Brickhouse's strength and invulnerability), she very likely is more powerful than Ishtar. Ishtar has vast magical power, but also has vulnerabilities Ultra doesn't have.

Hi Mr. Cryptic!! I kind of surprised to hear you say that!! Even those Ultra has Brickhouse's strength and invulnerability, Ishtar can still match Ultra strength and invulerability with her magical garments, and with all her magical powers, she can do everything Ultra can do. They both get power from sex!! The only different is that Ishtar become emotionally and spiritually vulnerable to a man she has sex with and Ultra gains these ability of the man or woman she has sex with. Ishtar willpower was a little stronger than Ultra, Ishtar was able to push thru the fog of being overheated with her own prana and was able to defeat her,Ishtar was also able to match brickhouse's strength and with her magical powers, she was able to defeat her. Even those in these end Ishtar was overcome by her Prana, she was still able to defeat two of the most powerful mutants on the planet.:mrgreen: I know she is your character and you would know, but again she did beat them both. I wonder will Ishtar and Ultra face each other again in the future in a one-on one battle.
C.L.
jrhcl2

Postby Hector2 » March 9th, 2012, 5:07 pm

Dear Mr. Cryptic:

Oh boy, so Lord Prospero is a ladies’ man, smooth talker, sweet operator? I must admit that rescuing the heroine (that didn’t need to be saved) is a good way to break the ice in a conversation, but there is a little part that I think he didn’t notice: When Razorwolf was captured, Dr Meyer was cured… then Lord Prospero sent him to the Triskelion… isn’t that a little cruel? After all, maybe Dr. Meyer is innocent, isn’t he? And he is a virtual prisoner of the bad guys…

However, thanks to the emphatic chip (what a great idea!) Brickhouse could not think very well her actions, and she is falling into Prospero’s words! The whole way she get caught in this situation is very ironic and interesting. I cannot wait see what happens!

Now some questions:

1. What does it mean the “détente” word in the cover? In Spanish, “détente” means “Stop there”. So, what is the meaning in your comic?
2. What about the points jrhcl2 made in his last posts? Those seems very good points, and if you consider that Ishtar is a goddess, and by definition very old, she have a lot of experiences that Ultra lacks, and that can be the difference in any fight, don’t you think?

Thanks for your work!

Hector.
Hector2

Postby Mr. Cryptic » March 10th, 2012, 4:08 am

Hi! Thanks for the feedback and questions! Let me see what I can do to answer them:

It's hard to say who is more powerful out of Ishtar and Ultra Maxima. It basically took a combined effort, including Ishtar, to capture Ultra, so on that basis I'm generally seeing Ultra as the most powerful.

You'll see more of Jurgen Meyer in the next update. Chronologically, I'm leading up to the Panthera Khan comics I first made four years ago. I'll be posting them in the free area when the time comes. Razorwolf was in that comic, and that's why he's in this comic now.

When I put "detente' on the title, I had in mind the idea of two opposing powers having an easing of tensions. In this case, a hero and villain are meeting up and not trying to clobber each other.
Mr. Cryptic

Previous

Return to Mr. Cryptic