Adventures of Ishtar #9 now in free area!

Discuss "American Goddess" and other stories with Mr. Cryptic!

Re: Adventures of Ishtar #9 now in free area!

Postby jrhcl2 » January 2nd, 2012, 9:20 am

Anyway, I do have plans to show Ishtar having sex with someone she really loves in the future, so keep reading, CL![/quote]

That would be really nice to see, Ishtar making love to someone she really loves :D I'll be looking forward to seeing that :mrgreen:
jrhcl2

Postby jrhcl2 » January 2nd, 2012, 9:22 am

jrhcl2 wrote:Anyway, I do have plans to show Ishtar having sex with someone she really loves in the future, so keep reading,

That would be really nice to see, Ishtar making love to someone she really loves!! :D I'll be looking forward to seeing that!! :mrgreen:

C.I. Sorry don't know what happened !! With the same message being shown twice, but still it will be nice to see Ishtar be with someone she really care for!! I hope it with who i think it is!! If is, that would be GREAT!!
jrhcl2

Postby jrhcl2 » February 1st, 2012, 10:15 am

[quote="Mr. Cryptic"]When I was talking about love, I was talking more about erotic love. In my experience erotic love is a lot like a form of mind control, and also pleasurable but at the same time humbling. There are higher, more divine forms of love, like firefighters rushing into the World Trade Center to save people. I imagine that Ishtar is able to take those two kinds of love and unite them. She uses the power of erotic love to perform heroic deeds.

One criticism that could be made of Ring of Domination is that it promotes the idea that woman can save men by getting romanitically involved with them. I basically figured that Ishtar, even as a slave, was able to influence the crook in RoD towards moving away from evil and towards good. In real life there are many stories of woman dating "bad boys" to fix them, and of course it doesn't work most of the time (as far as I know). On the other hand, I do think women in general have a civilizing affect on men. Men outside the observation of woman frequently act in antisocial ways. So maybe RoD isn't so far off. (I'm commenting on this reply)!!

I know i let this go for a while, but i have to make a comment on this!! First good girls getting romanitically involved with bad boy ,doesn't work nine out of ten times. Even those i wouldn't call these relationship between the goddess and the thug a romance relationship!! You said the thug had changed, while being with his slave, the American goddess, even those i didn't see it. If he had really changed, he would have served his time for his crimes and most of all he would have freed the Goddess from the spell, and as least said he was sorry for what he did to her!! He take away her free will!! That why i don't see him as a changed person.

Their was no criticism of the story, i enjoyed the story, it was well told! I just didn't feel for him at all!! Everything he got was earn thru being dishonest , even his afterlife was a lie, the Goddess send him there because she was still under the spell, not because he was a changed person. The way i see it, i can't see him learning anything about living a honest life, he never did pay for his action, he got everything he wanted by stealing and cheating!! It was no different at the end of his life, he was just saving his meal ticket!!! C.L.
jrhcl2

Postby Mr. Cryptic » February 2nd, 2012, 10:43 am

We never really know for sure what's going on inside someone else (well maybe if it's a character you're writing you do :) ). In the case of the thug, there's no real way to know from the outside what is motives were. I kind of imagine that had he safely returned to his island with American Goddess, her influence would have rubbed off on him more and more, and he would done things to atone for what he did earlier. Given that he went to a good afterlife, we can kind of assume something like that would have happened, if he had had the chance.
I always thought that it was kind of funny that the henchmen in Fausta the Nazi Wonder Woman that chloroformed Wonder Woman was never even given a name, given how important he is to what is too many the all time hottest superheroine in peril scene ever. That was why the thug in RoD never was named either. So Ring of Domination was kind of a homage to him.
One other thing, American Goddess never actually totally unconditionally surrendered. In RoD #7, she's about to crush him, and the only reason she doesn't is that he tells her that he won't make her do anything horrible. She wouldn't take a chance on being forced to commit atrocities under mind control, but she could tell he was telling the truth. I think he may have been subtly influenced by the Ring of Domination too.
Mr. Cryptic

Postby jrhcl2 » February 7th, 2012, 1:47 pm

[quote="Mr. Cryptic"](We never really know for sure what's going on inside someone else (well maybe if it's a character you're writing you do :) ). In the case of the thug, there's no real way to know from the outside what is motives were. I kind of imagine that had he safely returned to his island with American Goddess, her influence would have rubbed off on him more and more, and he would done things to atone for what he did earlier. Given that he went to a good afterlife, we can kind of assume something like that would have happened, if he had had the chance.)

Your right!! you never know what the character motives were unless your writing the story,it was my view of him, viewing him from the outside. As least for me, what he did to the Goddess was awful, i didn't feel for him at all, the Goddess was the victim, i felted sorry for her!! Especially when he died,and she's still under his spell and spend time with him in the afterlife. These victim being with the person who took advantage of her, it was like she was rewarding him for all the degrading things he made her do. Sorry but that just how i see it, i believe in forgiving a person when they make mistakes and try to change their life, but it never seem to me he was sorry for anything he did !! And i don't remember him ever calling her by her name or American Goddess, just slave, for me that doesn't seem very caring to me, he didn't even respect her enough to call her by her name.

Let me be honest and say that the reason i've been talked about the thug so much is that it really bug me, i know this is not your intention, but it seem the story is saying he should receive a pat on back for what did and he should be seen as a hero for his criminal behavior!! It was like the Goddess deserved,wanted and liked what happened to her!! The story also seem to say you shouldn't be held accountable for you actions. I know you said if he wouldn't have been killed,he would have returned to the island with the Goddess and would have let her come out and save people if their was a big problem! To me that not saying much about him changing, he's still holding her as his slave and everything he have is stolen!! Also you said he would have atone for what he did to her. Seem to me there only one way he could have atone for what did to her, by freeing her from the spell and if he had truly changed, he would have served his time for his crimes and once he served him time, he would have started earning a honest living. I'm not trying to put the story down or saying it was a bad story, or trying to get you to change the themes of your stories. I'm just along for the ride!! I'm just saying that what i took from the story.

(I always thought that it was kind of funny that the henchmen in Fausta the Nazi Wonder Woman that chloroformed Wonder Woman was never even given a name, given how important he is to what is too many the all time hottest superheroine in peril scene ever. That was why the thug in RoD never was named either. So Ring of Domination was kind of a homage to him.)

I saw a lot of the episodes from the wonder woman series, i don't remember that one. As least for me, i generally don't view Nazi's in a positive light,( not saying that you do!!) but it does give me a better understanding of your view of your villains,they always seem so much smarter than the heroes. (I hope you Don't take that the wrong way!!) I know i've said this before, i'm pro-good guys, pro-hero!! I know the villain is important to the story, but to me the villain is just their to provide the hero with a challenge. I don't see them in a heroic way at all. Look let me say again, i know the villains are a very key part of the story, but i will never see the things they do as neat or cool, most of the time their trying to destroy or in these stories enslave a heroines, who is trying to protect innocence people from them and the evil things they do. I will always enjoy seeing the villain being defeated more!! I will always be disappointed when the villain come out a head!! I Just giving my view when it come to heroes vs villains.

(One other thing, American Goddess never actually totally unconditionally surrendered. In RoD #7, she's about to crush him, and the only reason she doesn't is that he tells her that he won't make her do anything horrible. She wouldn't take a chance on being forced to commit atrocities under mind control, but she could tell he was telling the truth. I think he may have been subtly influenced by the Ring of Domination too.)

That one thing i didn't know! I thought she did surrender herself to him.
jrhcl2

Postby Mr. Cryptic » February 8th, 2012, 11:50 pm

When I say the thug would have probably atoned for what he did wrong, I was thinking that he eventually would have returned what he stole, and probably freed American Goddess (more about that next).

I didn't really feel too bad for American Goddess because when she was enslaved, she was in a state of bliss. I tend to think of the thug as being more playful with her than truly cruel (calling her "sex machine" etc.). Being dominated was pleasurable for her when under the spell, so when he called her a slave, she liked it. I've always imagined that being seduced and falling so deeply in love with someone that you become their slave would be very pleasurable, as long as the seductress/seducer was not cruel or negligent.

I'm not sure if the thug would have freed her from the power of the ring or not. My thinking about the Ring of DOmination is that it is an object of divine power over reality itself. When you are made to fall in love by the power of the ring, it is no less real than falling in love naturally. So, keeping the Goddess as his lover for the rest of his life would not necessarily have been wrong. It would have royally sucked for Paul Barnes, but all's fair in love and war.

I know that a big part of BDSM type stuff is the dominator telling the slave how worthless they are, and then the slave likes it, and likes getting punished. I really don't get that at all. To me it's sexy that the master finds the potential slave to be so valuable and desirable that they are worth going to the trouble of enslaving. Likewise, when the slave is so loyal and obedient that punishment is unnecessary (the slave doesn't even think of being disloyal or neglecting the master), that is sexy for me.

In Ring of Domination, I did try to make a story where the superheroine fetishist could kind of have their cake and eat it too. On the one hand, the villain completely triumphs over the heroine, who never breaks free from his domination. But on the other hand, the heroine still goes on to fight another day as a free heroine.
Mr. Cryptic

Postby jrhcl2 » February 9th, 2012, 9:00 am

HI!! Mr. Cryptic , I do understand where you were going with the story now!! Thank for helping me to see the story from your point of view, that was a great answer!! when i starting looking at adult sites that feature heroines, i went in blind,meaning i had a different mindset on the overall theme of the stories that would be feature at most of sites. After some time searching the web my eyes have been opened!! I realized i'm one of the few that want to see good things happen to the heroine and see the heroine come out a head! Most of stories are dark stories,about defeating and destroying the heroine. But your comments on the RoD story, you are making me take a hard look at the stories feature. I'm not a fan of BDSM stuff, can't stand seeing heroines tortured, i do want to see good things happen to the heroines and do want to see the heroine be with someone they care for not just villains and i want to see the villain get defeated. But that just me! your stories come close to what i've been looking for, so far in my search.
C.L.
jrhcl2

Postby Mr. Cryptic » February 10th, 2012, 11:53 am

Thanks, CL! While we're on the topic: Something else I personally don't get about BDSM is this: I really think it's more sexy for the physically more powerful one in the relationship to be the submissive one. I'd rather see an amazon woman under the spell of a normal man than see a normal man getting pushed around by a muscular dominatrix. The first situation symbolizes to me how powerful love and sexual attraction are, while the second situation is just pathetic. Likewise, if I see a big strong man pushing around a little woman, it isn't sexy at all to me. It would just make me angry. On the other hand, a big strapping man at the mercy of a seductive woman's feminine wiles is very sexy to me.

I'm personally a big fan of buff, athletic women (e.g. fitness and figure models, and sometimes female bodybuilders). That's probably obvious from seeing my comics :) . For whatever reason, it is common to see physically big, strong women portrayed as humiliating and dominating weaker men, and I just don't see the appeal (I might find the woman herself appealing, but not the situation). If this is followed by the weaker man turning the tables on the amazon dominatrix, that would be appealing (I've shown that in my stories). Anyway, just wanted to vent about that :) .
Mr. Cryptic

Postby jrhcl2 » March 11th, 2012, 9:55 pm

Mr. Cryptic wrote:Thanks, CL! While we're on the topic: Something else I personally don't get about BDSM is this: I really think it's more sexy for the physically more powerful one in the relationship to be the submissive one. I'd rather see an amazon woman under the spell of a normal man than see a normal man getting pushed around by a muscular dominatrix. The first situation symbolizes to me how powerful love and sexual attraction are, while the second situation is just pathetic. Likewise, if I see a big strong man pushing around a little woman, it isn't sexy at all to me. It would just make me angry. On the other hand, a big strapping man at the mercy of a seductive woman's feminine wiles is very sexy to me.

I'm personally a big fan of buff, athletic women (e.g. fitness and figure models, and sometimes female bodybuilders). That's probably obvious from seeing my comics :) . For whatever reason, it is common to see physically big, strong women portrayed as humiliating and dominating weaker men, and I just don't see the appeal (I might find the woman herself appealing, but not the situation). If this is followed by the weaker man turning the tables on the amazon dominatrix, that would be appealing (I've shown that in my stories). Anyway, just wanted to vent about that :) .

I frankly don't get that stuff, one person, a man or a woman humiliating or dominating another person, no matter if these other person is biggest are stronger. As least for me there is no appeal in watching a person being humiliated!! That is one of the reasons i struggle with adult comics, that seem to be the bread and butter theme, humiliation :cry: . I love a good story with plot twists, are in the case of adult comics with adult themes that also has nudity and sex included in the story, as long as the sex is enjoyed by both parties and both parties choose to be with these person with their own free will.

I really don't understand why that isn't feature more in adult superheroines comics, heroines having pleasure!! Any story that has BDSM or dominatrix in it, i hate!!! I love women !!! I love seeing lovely women with their sexy bodies, but i like seeing them having pleasure not being abused, physically or mentally!! (Not saying you do!!) Your comics are more about powerful superheroines being dominated by villains with no powers( the thug from the RoD) or far less powerful ( the guy from the adventures of Ishtar). I think of your comics as being somewhere in the middle, the ladies are not being abused physically or mentally! But most of their sexual encounters,they don't choose to be with that person of their own free will, their are under a spell or being controlled by a device. Which i can deal with better than making them be with a person that threaten them with force,I REALLY HATE THAT!!
C.L.
jrhcl2

Previous

Return to Mr. Cryptic