The Adventures of Ishtar #6-8 are in free area NOW!

Discuss "American Goddess" and other stories with Mr. Cryptic!

The Adventures of Ishtar #6-8 are in free area NOW!

Postby Mr. Cryptic » November 14th, 2011, 2:39 pm

Although her mind and will have been bound by chains of lust, Ishtar has managed to resist her master long enough to send out a call for help!
Now in a deep, hypnotic trance, Ishtar is helpless to resist as Prospero interrogates her!
Ocelot Woman has heard Ishtar's call and is on her way to rescue her, but will she be able to resist Lord Prospero's seductive powers!?
See it all in The Adventures of Ishtar #6-8, now in the MC Comix free area!
Next week, only one chapter will be released, but it will be an all new, never before posted update: The Adventures of Ishtar #9!

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=33775

Mr. Cryptic

Re: The Adventures of Ishtar #6-8 are in free area NOW!

Postby Trishbot » November 14th, 2011, 3:52 pm

Woot! More great comics from a great artist and writer! Thanks!
Trishbot

Postby steverogers5 » November 15th, 2011, 4:22 am

Wow! This series just goes from strength to strength.

I must admit Robot Drones and FD stuff alas don't do much for me. :oops: So it feels like my tastes for the conquering of superheroines by hypnotic mind control, has been sadly neglected of late. Thankfully this series of yours is filling that gap nicely. :P

I'd read Victory City before, and a lot of Ring of Domination, but I'd never gotton to this story. So it's all new to me, and as such I'm enjoying it tremendously! Thanks so much for posting it! :)
steverogers5

Postby Doctor Robo » November 15th, 2011, 5:14 am

steverogers5 wrote:Wow! This series just goes from strength to strength.

I must admit Robot Drones and FD stuff alas don't do much for me. :oops: So it feels like my tastes for the conquering of superheroines by hypnotic mind control, has been sadly neglected of late. Thankfully this series of yours is filling that gap nicely. :P

I'd read Victory City before, and a lot of Ring of Domination, but I'd never gotton to this story. So it's all new to me, and as such I'm enjoying it tremendously! Thanks so much for posting it! :)

You're absolutely right, Steve. We recognize the 'robot' themes aren't for everyone, which is why we are lucky to have talented artists and authors like Mr. Cryptic (and others) working for MCcomix.com to provide plenty of alternatives. Mr. Cryptic is an excellent talent, as his stories clearly show, and we're happy to have him on the team!

- Doc
Doctor Robo

Postby Mr. Cryptic » November 15th, 2011, 11:39 am

Wow! I really appreciate all of your support here!

It's really nice to be able to present the Prospero storyline here at MC Comix. I put it aside while I worked on other projects (e.g. Cobra-Woman at HIP Comix), but it's really good to get back to working on it! I'm very excited to present Ishtar #9 next week, then VIctory City #22 next month (Brickhouse is back! woo hoo!).

I'm glad that my comics help fill a certain niche here. Like I've said before, I think I'm like a lot of writers/artists in that as much as I enjoy what others have done, some of the comics I wanted to read just didn't exist, so I had to make those comics myself :) .

The topic of hypnotic seduction versus robotization has come up before. Like Doc Robo said, different people have different tastes. In the past, when I just wrote stories for my own amusement, I did sometimes include roboty type mind control themes. However, I do generally lean more to the hypnotic seduction side of things. Here at MC and HIP Comix, Doc Robo and some others have the zombie robots covered really well, so I probably don't do as much of that for that reason as well. There was a little bit of "robotization" in Victory CIty #14-16, but that was different in that the heroines were not mindless, but instead had been given an extremely powerful desire to act out the fetish of being robot slaves. If the villain is trying to assemble an army of enslaved heroines, robotization is probably more efficient and faster.

An interesting storyline could be to have two supervillains fighting each other, one with a army of roboticized heroine slaves, and another with a smaller group of heroines enslaved by love/lust. The love slave heroines would be more independent and intelligent, but outnumbered by their robotic adversaries. Maybe there could even be a wager between the villains on which is better, robot slaves or love slaves. Just brainstorming here...
Mr. Cryptic

Postby jrhcl2 » November 15th, 2011, 1:20 pm

Hello Mr. Cryptic!! It's good to re-read the re-posted comics,i discovered things i didn't notice before!! Now that their re-posted on this site, new fans can discover how wonderful Mr. Cryptic comics are!!! In Ishtar# 6-8, even those Sebastian was lucky!! He has shown he can think fast on his feet, he has had these answers for every move Ishtar has made. He has made Isthar teach his magic, divine sexual techniques, along with initiating him into the art of Tantric prana building, she's told him the location of the gate to heaven, and the biggest thing of all, he has made her forgot she's Ishtar!! Lord Prospero has revealed his true plan, he plan to invade the realm of the Annunaki Gods using heroines he plan to seduce. Again he has a well thought out plan.

As least thru the first 8 installments of the Adventures of Ishtar, he has truly been her MASTER!! But i did enjoy seeing Ocelot Woman defeat him, even those it was only for a moment, before agent beauty stepped in, now she's Lord Prospero slave!! It will be interesting to see what will happen in the next installment of Ishtar# 9!! For now it doesn't look so good for our heroines!!
jrhcl2

Postby Mr. Cryptic » November 15th, 2011, 1:42 pm

Well, Prospero certainly was surprised by Maria coming out of the jet fighting, so things aren't entirely going his way!

In Ocelot Woman's stories by BC, she get's captured all the time, but she also always escapes, so we'll just have to see what happens here!

Prospero is definitely a mastermind. He's destined to become perhaps the VIctory City heroines' greatest adversary.

By the way, it was not my intention to have Ishtar be out of commision (I.e. Maria not remembering who she really is) for as long as it's been. I'm planning to start my "VIctory Legion" series at HIP Comix next month. That comic will be basically "continuity neutral," meaning that it basically takes place at a point in time when all my characters are at their "default settings." E.g. Ishtar knows she's Ishtar, all the other heroines and villains are in their "status quo" states, ready for new stories. So expect see Ishtar again soon at HIP Comix.

In the current storyline, can Ishtar be freed from the spell Prospero has put on her? You'll just have to keep reading and find out!
Mr. Cryptic

Postby mns_95125 » November 15th, 2011, 7:21 pm

In the current storyline, can Ishtar be freed from the spell Prospero has put on her? You'll just have to keep reading and find out!

The tricky question here is whether anybody other than Prospero even knows that Maria Jones is Ishtar's secret identity. Ocelot Woman didn't. If nobody knows that Maria and Ishtar are connected, then Ishtar will seem to have just vanished mysteriously. It looks as though Prospero is going to have to spill the beans or otherwise screw up. I look forward to seeing how this plays out.
mns_95125

Postby steverogers5 » November 16th, 2011, 3:51 am

Doctor Robo wrote:
You're absolutely right, Steve. We recognize the 'robot' themes aren't for everyone, which is why we are lucky to have talented artists and authors like Mr. Cryptic (and others) working for MCcomix.com to provide plenty of alternatives. Mr. Cryptic is an excellent talent, as his stories clearly show, and we're happy to have him on the team!

- Doc

Yeah, I imagine it's quite cyclical. I guess the robot fans probably feel the same way when something like Golden Opportunity, or Brainwashed comes up. :P Must be quite the balancing act, trying to keep everyone happy! :)
steverogers5

Postby steverogers5 » November 16th, 2011, 4:01 am

jrhcl2 wrote: and the biggest thing of all, he has made her forgot she's Ishtar!! Again he has a well thought out plan.

As least thru the first 8 installments of the Adventures of Ishtar, he has truly been her MASTER!! But i did enjoy seeing Ocelot Woman defeat him, even those it was only for a moment, before agent beauty stepped in, now she's Lord Prospero slave!! It will be interesting to see what will happen in the next installment of Ishtar# 9!! For now it doesn't look so good for our heroines!!

Reminds me very much of that old WonderWoman story that largely failed to live up to it's potential, about her being hypnotized to forget that she's Wonder-Woman. :ugeek:

Also I like the enslaving of one side of the dual identity. I rember an ancient Ms Marvel comic where MODOK used his wondeful Mind Ripper to enslave her. Not realising that the Carol Danvers personality was completely seperate at the time, and as such when she reverted to that she had some degree of control over herself again. So Carol very swiftly beat a strategic retreat, as she realised that if MODOK figured that out he could just use his machine to reprogram that personality to worship and obey him as well! :twisted:

Oh what I wouldn't give to see a retelling of that story, where he succeeded! But then, I guess that why we have this place. So that there's realities where the bad guys can sometimes win! :mrgreen:
steverogers5

Postby jrhcl2 » November 16th, 2011, 9:19 am

Mr. Cryptic wrote:Well, Prospero certainly was surprised by Maria coming out of the jet fighting, so things aren't entirely going his way!

In Ocelot Woman's stories by BC, she get's captured all the time, but she also always escapes, so we'll just have to see what happens here!

Prospero is definitely a mastermind. He's destined to become perhaps the VIctory City heroines' greatest adversary.

By the way, it was not my intention to have Ishtar be out of commision (I.e. Maria not remembering who she really is) for as long as it's been. I'm planning to start my "VIctory Legion" series at HIP Comix next month. That comic will be basically "continuity neutral," meaning that it basically takes place at a point in time when all my characters are at their "default settings." E.g. Ishtar knows she's Ishtar, all the other heroines and villains are in their "status quo" states, ready for new stories. So expect see Ishtar again soon at HIP Comix.

HI Mr. Cryptic!! Me Again, I'll be looking forward to seeing Ishtar in these upcoming Victory Legion series!! But i wouldn't be honest if i didn't say, i also hope to see her return in this series!? So i'll be right in front of the computer, logging in on this site, Monday night 21 Nov 11, hoping to see the new installment, Ishtar #9 posted!! CAN'T WAIT!!
CL
jrhcl2

Postby Mr. Cryptic » November 17th, 2011, 11:38 am

Steve Rogers, do you mean the TV episode where an alien shapeshifter gave Diana Prince a hypnotic drug to forget she was Wonder Woman, then took her appearance? That episode was definitely part of the inspiration for this plot twist!

I hope you all enjoy Ishtar #9 when it comes out next week. I made it months ago, but of course it has been in limbo for a while. It's a little shorter than usual, but eventful! It will springboard the plot into the next arc of this epic saga :) .
Mr. Cryptic

Postby steverogers5 » November 18th, 2011, 2:12 pm

Mr. Cryptic wrote:Steve Rogers, do you mean the TV episode where an alien shapeshifter gave Diana Prince a hypnotic drug to forget she was Wonder Woman, then took her appearance? That episode was definitely part of the inspiration for this plot twist!

Yes! Exactly that one. Always thought they could have done a liitle bit more with it.. :)
steverogers5

Postby Mr. Cryptic » November 18th, 2011, 2:49 pm

Yes, I haven't seen that episode in a long long time, but that's how I remember it too. I think in my story the predicament will have more on an impact on the plot :) .
Mr. Cryptic

Postby jrhcl2 » November 23rd, 2011, 4:24 pm

Mr. Cryptic wrote:Well, Prospero certainly was surprised by Maria coming out of the jet fighting, so things aren't entirely going his way!

By the way, it was not my intention to have Ishtar be out of commision (I.e. Maria not remembering who she really is) for as long as it's been. I'm planning to start my "VIctory Legion" series at HIP Comix next month. That comic will be basically "continuity neutral," meaning that it basically takes place at a point in time when all my characters are at their "default settings." E.g. Ishtar knows she's Ishtar, all the other heroines and villains are in their "status quo" states, ready for new stories. So expect see Ishtar again soon at HIP Comix. In the current storyline, can Ishtar be freed from the spell Prospero has put on her You'll just have to keep reading and find out!

These are the comments that have me wondering if we will see Ishtar in the Victory City series, or will we only see Ishtar in the Victory legion series? Since we may not see Ishtar's series the adventures of Ishtar, until late in 2012 or early in 2013. I'm thinking that with one update a month, and maybe another series running the same plot, the Ishtar series and now with the Victory City series starting 17 Dec 11, the story of Lord Prospero will be running for more than a year. if Ishtar doesn't play a major supporting role in the next series, we may not see Ishtar until 2013 in the adventures of Ishtar# 10, which could be over a year from now!! Don't get me wrong!! I'm enjoying this plot and do like these other heroes,i'm just hoping to see Ishtar in the Victory City series too!!

CL
jrhcl2

Next

Return to Mr. Cryptic