Victory City: Hot Mutant on Mutant Action!

Discuss "American Goddess" and other stories with Mr. Cryptic!

Victory City: Hot Mutant on Mutant Action!

Postby Mr. Cryptic » October 24th, 2011, 3:34 am

In the next chapters of Victory City, Brickhouse becomes the object of Ultra Maxima's lust!
Using her psycho-sexual domination, Ultra makes Brickhouse her sexual slave!
But what does Ultra want more, Brickhouse's body, or her genes?
Hot, steamy lateral gene transfer in Victory City #17-19, in the MC Comix Free Area today!

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=33775
Mr. Cryptic

Re: Victory City: Hot Mutant on Mutant Action!

Postby jrhcl2 » October 25th, 2011, 8:47 pm

Hello Mr. Cryptic!! The Victory City series is nearing it end, i have really enjoyed reading it again. One reason is, it a well told Story, second i can ask questions that i forgot the first time i saw the story, that is also true for the ring of Domination story too!! That being said. Here my first question from the Ring of Domination #13, when the thug was killed, American Goddess was thinking to herself, " when her master died. She went with him to eternity". I never understood that statement are how that works. Isn't eternity defined as forever. Does this mean her spirit form is with him in eternity and her physical form is here on earth?

In Victory City # 3, Sovereign was testing brickhouse's power, she was tested with no clothes on and he said she was these only one other then Ishtar to max the press. Did Sovereign test Isthar with her magical garments on?? Because the way i understand it is that these only way she could max the press is with her magical garments on, I thought she didn't have super strength, when she's not wearing her magical garments, I thought her magical garments enhanced her abilities. Ishtar power is that she can create prana which she can use to create magical garments to enhance her physical abilities or any feat she can imagine. Sovereign also said it wouldn't be a accurate test if she was wearing her costume.

In Victory City # 16, Ishtar brought the buzzard back from the dead, You did explain it, you said it was like performing CPR on a person, but i'm still wondering can Ishtar raise the dead???

Last question, in Victory City # 19, Sovereign used his Super Charisma on Ishtar. It surprised me the way it effected her, her losing control of her prana or the flow of prana. He tested Brickhouse's to see how well she could resist mind control, did he do the same to Ishtar???? Is that how he knew his super Charisma would work on her?? By the way you know how much i really liked how she reacted to his Super Charisma from past e-mails!! Her being overheated with her prana and her reaction to Sovereign super Charisma were the best!!
CL
jrhcl2

Re: Victory City: Hot Mutant on Mutant Action!

Postby Mr. Cryptic » October 26th, 2011, 6:24 pm

jrhcl2 wrote:Hello Mr. Cryptic!! The Victory City series is nearing it end, i have really enjoyed reading it again. One reason is, it a well told Story, second i can ask questions that i forgot the first time i saw the story, that is also true for the ring of Domination story too!! That being said. Here my first question from the Ring of Domination #13, when the thug was killed, American Goddess was thinking to herself, " when her master died. She went with him to eternity". I never understood that statement are how that works. Isn't eternity defined as forever. Does this mean her spirit form is with him in eternity and her physical form is here on earth?

My concept of the afterlife that the thug went to is, it's completely apart from our space and time. So that means that American Goddess can go there and come back in an instant, with from our persepctive on Earth, no time passing at all. I wasn't so much figuring eternity as being forever, as simply being outside time entirely. Of course, I portrayed eternity with time passing (e.g. the thug and AMerican Goddess hold a conversation that happens in time, but I'm figuring that's a translation of something happening outside the dimensions we can perceive. If that makes sense to you, then you have misunderstood me :) .

jrhcl2 wrote:In Victory City # 3, Sovereign was testing brickhouse's power, she was tested with no clothes on and he said she was these only one other then Ishtar to max the press. Did Sovereign test Isthar with her magical garments on?? Because the way i understand it is that these only way she could max the press is with her magical garments on, I thought she didn't have super strength, when she's not wearing her magical garments, I thought her magical garments enhanced her abilities. Ishtar power is that she can create prana which she can use to create magical garments to enhance her physical abilities or any feat she can imagine. Sovereign also said it wouldn't be a accurate test if she was wearing her costume.

Actually, the reason Brickhouse took off her costume was that the costume is made of a material that adapts to superpowers (like Reed RIchard's unstable molecules). In her case, it adapts her invulnerablilty, so her costume will be durable enough to survive most battles and hazards. However, the adaptation is limited and the costume will never be equal in toughness to Birckhouse's own skin. So, if heat we cranked up enough to make Brickhouse feel stress, her costume would burn or melt before then, and you'd be out one expensive costume. Sovereign mentioned they could give her some kind of coverage that was strong enough to survive the heat, cold etc used in the test, but that would invalidate the accuracy of the test (i.e. an asbestos robe or whatever would give her protection from heat beyond her natural abilities). As it turned out, the maximum intesity of the hazards produced by the machine were not enough to even challenge Brickhouse's resistance to injury, so it's likely her costume would have survived too.

We don't know for sure what happened when Ishtar went through the testing process. Her magical garments are not like Brickhouse's adaptive clothing. They are divine artifacts and probably indestrictible on a very high order, probably beyond the power of mortal 21th century technology to destroy. I''ve been a little vague about how Ishtar's garments work, but in general her garments allow her to more easily perform magic that she already knows how to do. For example, her sandals allow her to fly at will. Without the sandals, she can still fly, but only if she casts a spell, requiring words and gestures. The garments also help absorb the prana her magic produces. Casting spells requires concentration, and that can be denied to her. For example, in Victory City #14, she was stripped of her garments. She could have cast a spell, but with the control chips on her she wouldn't be able to complete the incantiation before Dr. Pretorius stopped her. It's also possible the pleasure from the chips made it too difficult to focus mentally to even begin casting a spell.

jrhcl2 wrote:In Victory City # 16, Ishtar brought the buzzard back from the dead, You did explain it, you said it was like performing CPR on a person, but i'm still wondering can Ishtar raise the dead???

In Victory City #16, Ishtar says that she can only bring the Buzzard back while his in the netherworld before entering the underworld (or something like that). In biomedical terms, she could only bring him back when before his body's cells deteriorated past the point where recusitation was possible (so basically she's not much different from a paramedic that way). Ishtar can bring herself back from the dead, because basically her magic is so powerful that she can cross the dimensions that separate the living and the dead (that's basically what makes her a goddess). But she's more limited with other people.

jrhcl2 wrote:Last question, in Victory City # 19, Sovereign used his Super Charisma on Ishtar. It surprised me the way it effected her, her losing control of her prana or the flow of prana. He tested Brickhouse's to see how well she could resist mind control, did he do the same to Ishtar???? Is that how he knew his super Charisma would work on her?? By the way you know how much i really liked how she reacted to his Super Charisma from past e-mails!! Her being overheated with her prana and her reaction to Sovereign super Charisma were the best!!
CL

It hasn't yet been established who would win in that kind of contest. In Victory City #19, Sovereign uses his charisma to put Ishtar under a sexual spell, but he had a huge advantage in that she was completely not expecting it. It does appear to be the case that Sovereign has tried, unsuccessfully, to use his super charisma to control Ultra Maxima. Later on he succeeded in controlling Ultra, but he had help. Ultra Maxima has extremely high willpower, so maybe one on one against Ishtar he would have more success. She is relatively vulnerabilty attempts to manipulate her sexual desires, so if any hero in Victory City could defeat Ishtar, Sovereign would probably be the one.
Mr. Cryptic

Return to Mr. Cryptic