Panthera Khan!

Discuss "American Goddess" and other stories with Mr. Cryptic!

Re: Panthera Khan!

Postby Mr. Cryptic » February 28th, 2013, 8:38 am

Yes, things are pretty bad for Victory City right now, but we'll see if Panthera Khan and others can turn the tide :) .
Mr. Cryptic

Postby Hector2 » March 1st, 2013, 12:20 pm

Dear Mr. Cryptic:

Panthera Khan # 3 was awesome, like seeing two lowly henchmen pondering about the invasion (just to be ambushed by Phantera khan... what happened to those two?) I hope Panthera did not kill them, but I don't know) ;)

Pitbull and Brickhouse, posing as living statues until they are needed? I cannot think of something so simple, so brutal, so incredible wrong and fetishistic... great work.

And the idea of Phantera Khan infiltrating the villian army is also great! But I doubt that an organization that is leaded by the Queen of the Night would be so messy to not notice her.

And now about the irony: Propero's last goal is to conquer the gods... but he could beging attacking the gods he knows (Panthera Khan and Ishtar) to know if that is really a good idea...

I'm anxious to see next issue!
Hector2

Postby Mr. Cryptic » March 2nd, 2013, 9:36 pm

Hector2 wrote:Dear Mr. Cryptic:

Panthera Khan # 3 was awesome, like seeing two lowly henchmen pondering about the invasion (just to be ambushed by Phantera khan... what happened to those two?) I hope Panthera did not kill them, but I don't know) ;)

I don't think she killed them, although it probably makes more sense for her to do so (she's basically at war with them and all). That's partly why I left it ambiguous.

Hector2 wrote:Pitbull and Brickhouse, posing as living statues until they are needed? I cannot think of something so simple, so brutal, so incredible wrong and fetishistic... great work.

Having slaves stand like robots at attention gets done a lot, so I thought I'd mix things up :) . I have lots of fashion model type poses in my runtime, that I don't get to use much within stories since they usually aren't appropriate (at least without changes). This was a chance to use some.

Hector2 wrote:And the idea of Phantera Khan infiltrating the villian army is also great! But I doubt that an organization that is leaded by the Queen of the Night would be so messy to not notice her.

That a fair point. Panthera Khan is about six feet tall and built like an amazon so you'd think she'd be noticeable. It's possible that she really does have a knack, or a divine talent, for blending in like a prowling predator.

I don't know much about organized crime. I was a little uncertain what to call the "soldiers" that Panthera was infiltrating. I should probably call them mercenaries since they are basically just hoodlums with military equipment. I didn't call them mercenaries since they only work for the Guild. In the Godfather movies, I know that low level crooks who did the dirty work (offing people and what not) were sometimes called "soldiers." I'll probably call them mercenaries in the future. My main point is, I don't think they are as organized as a regular army (no serial numbers and such).
Mr. Cryptic

Previous

Return to Mr. Cryptic