Panthera Khan!

Discuss "American Goddess" and other stories with Mr. Cryptic!

Panthera Khan!

Postby Mr. Cryptic » December 20th, 2012, 10:12 am

The Prospero epic storyline has finally gotten to a point where I can introduce (or maybe reintroduce) the character Panthera Khan. I'm going to be posting Panthera Khan #1 in the free area tomorrow (December 21st). Panthera Khan #2 will probably be posted in January.

Panthera Khan #1 and #2 are the first comics I ever made, which I did about four years ago. I wasn't sure if I would be including them in my current continuity with Ishtar, Brickhouse etc. However, I managed to direct my current plot to fit in with my earlier comics. I've edited the dialogue some to resolve some problems in continuity, but for the most part these are the same as the Panthera Khan #1 and #2 that I originally posted on my website (which no longer exists).

There are some irregularities in the artwork you'll just have to accept:
1) Brickhouse looks different than her current figure.
2) There is a character named John Loman, who looks exactly like Paul Barnes. He's not Paul Barnes' twin. I was just lazy and used the same figure for both characters, not expecting them to appear in the same continuity. John Loman will get a new look in future appearances.
3) Prospero's look varies a bit, as does Panthera Khan's. I'll get Panthera's look stabilized in future appearances.
Mr. Cryptic

Re: Panthera Khan!

Postby jrhcl2 » December 20th, 2012, 1:59 pm

Mr. Cryptic wrote:The Prospero epic storyline has finally gotten to a point where I can introduce (or maybe reintroduce) the character Panthera Khan. I'm going to be posting Panthera Khan #1 in the free area tomorrow (December 21st). Panthera Khan #2 will probably be posted in January.

Panthera Khan #1 and #2 are the first comics I ever made, which I did about four years ago. I wasn't sure if I would be including them in my current continuity with Ishtar, Brickhouse etc. However, I managed to direct my current plot to fit in with my earlier comics. I've edited the dialogue some to resolve some problems in continuity, but for the most part these are the same as the Panthera Khan #1 and #2 that I originally posted on my website (which no longer exists).

There are some irregularities in the artwork you'll just have to accept:
1) Brickhouse looks different than her current figure.
2) There is a character named John Loman, who looks exactly like Paul Barnes. He's not Paul Barnes' twin. I was just lazy and used the same figure for both characters, not expecting them to appear in the same continuity. John Loman will get a new look in future appearances.
3) Prospero's look varies a bit, as does Panthera Khan's. I'll get Panthera's look stabilized in future appearances.

Hey Mr. Cryptic, when i saw this post i went back and looked at when it was first said that Panthera Khan would have a future series, that was 24 Dec.2010, shortly after that annoucement was make the Adventures of Ishtar Debut, 14 Jan. 2011. Starting the Lord Prospero sage. In August of 2011 Hipcomix made all it changes and the Ring Of Domination, Victory City and The Adventures Of Ishtar series's moved from Hipcomix to Mccomix!! The of Adventures Ishtar #9 debut in nov. 2011 on Mccomix. Due to unforseen events the Lord Prospero saga will be begininng it's second year Jan. 2013.

He really done a job on most of the Victory City heroines, Prospero put Ishtar out of action for almost two years. Even those we don't know if she remember who she is really yet!! Ishtar has appeared for the first time in Mr. Cryptic comics on Mccomix, besides the re-posted comics or Mctek story. I went back and checked when you said you thought Ishtar would return, you said on 29 Nov. 2011 that Ishtar will be back within the next 12 months point, late summer 2012, that didn't happen. But you were true to your word and she did appear before the year ended. I'm looking forward to seeing where the Lord Prospero story take us in 2013!! Hopefully his defeat!! :D
jrhcl2

Postby Mr. Cryptic » December 20th, 2012, 10:57 pm

Today a new Crypticverse superheroine makes her debut at MC Comix: PANTHERA KHAN!

When Lord Prospero sends Agent Beauty to kidnap an archeologist working in the jungles of Malanga, she assumes it will be an easy mission.
But the sexy mercenary hasn't accounted for the interventions of the feral jungle goddess, Panthera Khan!
She debuts today, in the Free Area!
http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=33775
Mr. Cryptic

Postby jrhcl2 » December 23rd, 2012, 2:05 pm

Hello Mr. Cryptic!! Just got a chance to read the first installment of the Panthera Khan series!! After being off for several days, but as always the days off always seem very short!! Nice debut, i thought you tied this story in well!! I've been looking forward to seeing Panthera Khan, one of Ishtar people.

She's different than Ishtar when it come to her powers, her powers don't seem base on magic like Ishtar. Ishtar is a sorceress, all of her physical abilities are enhanced by her magical garments which is powered by her prana, without her garments, Ishtar physical abilities are more like a regular person. Panthera Khan physical abilites seem to be natural, like brickhouse's, she seem to be naturally strong and fast!! She was naked and doesn't have a magical breastplate that creates an invisible field to protect her from bullets like Ishtar. She strong without having the girdle of power to enhance her strength. I hope we see more of the Annunaki Gods, i'd like to learn more about her pantheon. One thing i did learn, judging by the Goddess Panthera Khan. The Annunaki Gods walk around naked or wear very little clothing, I can understand why Ishtar dresses the way she does!! I wonder if Ishtar and these other Annunaki Gods walk around completely nude in their own dimemsion??!

Oh! here a question i keep forgetting to ask? Since Ashley has taken on Ishtar guise as the American Goddess,a semi-love Goddess or love Goddess in training! Is Ishtar teaching Ashley magic?? This installment also answered a question about Prospero and agent beauty, i wondered why she haven't been with him, Now i know why, she would become enslaved by his sexual magic!! This installment cleared up something i misunderstood?! I thought Ishtar revealed the location of the gate to him, but she didn't, she only confirmed there was a gate,it on Malanga island and that Panthera Khan guard the gate!! I thought Panthera Khan comments were interesting,when she said, Prospero would have to get past her!! Judging by the way she reacted to Doctor John Loman. It seem to me his sexual magic will work on her too!! Even if her willpower is on par with Ishtar, his spells worked very well on her!! Right now i don't see how any of the heroines can stand against him, mortal or Goddess, they can't resist his sexual Magic!!

It will interesting to see if the heroes can free Victory City from Lord Prospero and the Guild control!! I said this before, i wondered why the Guild hasn't taken over Victory City before now!! Reason being that the villains are much smartest than the heroes!! They've outclassed the heroes in everyway,in skill,more resourceful, a lot more clever and they think a lot faster on their feet. What really says their way more skilled than the heroes is when a old man with a cane( that shoot drugs thru it) and no superpowers can beat a heroine that can knock down a building or a novice mage who had limited magical powers,using low level magic beat a Goddess who's magical powers were superior to his!! For the most part the heroes have been lucky,until now!!

As least to me, Prospero is more skilled and clever than any of the heroines!! With the way he easily defeated Ishtar and Brickhouse, supposely the two most powerful members of the legion. Now that he has gained a greatest knowledge of magic, he seem even more powerful than Ishtar is now!! I don't like him as you know, i want to see him get defeated, (can't put into words how much i hate) seeing him sitting on a throne like he's king. But i think even when Ishtar returns he will beat her again!! I believe she's going to need a lot of help if she hope to beat him! I'll just have to wait an see!! I know!!
jrhcl2

Postby Mr. Cryptic » December 24th, 2012, 9:58 pm

jrhcl2 wrote:She's different than Ishtar when it come to her powers, her powers don't seen base on magic like Ishtar. Ishtar is a sorceress, all of her physical abilities are enhanced by her magical garments which is powered by her prana, without her garments, Ishtar physical abilities are more like a regular person. Panthera Khan physical abilites seem to be natural, like brickhouse's, she seen to be naturally strong and fast!! She was naked and doesn't have a magical breastplate that creates an invisible field to protect her from bullets like Ishtar. She strong without having the girdle of power to enhance her strength. I hope we see more of the Annunaki Gods, i'd like to learn more about her pantheon. One thing i did learn, judging by the Goddess Panthera Khan. The Annunaki Gods walk around naked or wear very little clothing, I can understand why Ishtar dresses the way she does!! I wonder if Ishtar and these other Annunaki Gods walk around completely nude in their own dimemsion??!

Panthera was naked because she was raised by a tigress. She's a feral child, like Tarzan or other real life cases, except she's a goddess instead of a mortal.

jrhcl2 wrote:Oh! here a question i keep forgetting to ask? Since Ashley has taken on Ishtar guise as the American Goddess,a semi-love Goddess or love Goddess in training! Is Ishtar teaching Ashley magic?? This installment also answered a question about Prospero and agent beauty, i wondered why she haven't been with him, Now i know why, she would become enslaved by his sexual magic!! This installment cleared up something i misunderstood?! I thought Ishtar revealed the location of the gate to him, but she didn't, she only confirmed there was a gate,it on Malanga island and that Panthera Khan guard the gate!! I thought Panthera Khan comments were interesting,when she said, Prospero would have to get past her!! Judging by the way she reacted to Doctor John Loman. It seem to me his sexual magic will work on her too!! Even if her willpower is on par with Ishtar, his spells worked very well on her!! Right now i don't see how any of the heroines can stand against him, mortal or Goddess, they can't resist his sexual Magic!!

Ashley's powers come from the garments she wears. She doesn't need to know magic to use them. Ishtar could teach her magic, but there's no evidence that she is. When Ishtar was American Goddess, she pretty much relied on the powers contained in her garments, like Ashley does now.

Someday I will do the "Secrets of Ishtar" series I keep talking about that will more definitively establish who Ishtar's people are.

jrhcl2 wrote:It will interesting to see if the heroes can free Victory City from Lord Prospero and the Guild control!! I said this before, i wondered why the Guild hasn't taken over Victory City before now!! Reason being that the villains are much smartest than the heroes!! They've outclassed the heroes in everyway,in skill,more resourceful, a lot more clever and they think a lot faster on their feet. What really says their way more skilled than the heroes is when a old man with a cane( that shoot drugs thru it) and no superpowers can beat a heroine that can knock down a building or a novice mage who had limited magical powers,using low level magic beat a Goddess who's magical powers were superior to his!! For the most part the heroes have been lucky,until now!!

As least to me, Prospero is more skilled and clever than any of the heroines!! With the way he easily defeated Ishtar and Brickhouse, supposely the two most powerful members of the legion. Now that he has gained a greatest knowledge of magic, he seem even more powerful than Ishtar is now!! I don't like him as you know, i want to see him get defeated, (can't put into words how much i hate) seeing him seating on a throne like he's king. But i think even when Ishtar returns he will beat her again!! I believe she's going to need a lot of help if she hope to beat him! I'll just have to wait an see!! I know!!

The adventures that are depicted in my comics aren't really a representative sample of how things typically go for our heroines. Most of the time Victory Legion deters the villains from doing anything too seriously bad. Like you say, we'll have to see how things turn out :) !
Mr. Cryptic

Postby Mr. Cryptic » January 12th, 2013, 1:28 pm

In Panthera Khan #1, the jungle goddess Panthera Khan was able to escape from Agent Beauty and rescue John Loman!
But Prospero is not giving up on trying to kidnap the beautiful, wild goddess and the archeologist!
See the action in Panthera Khan #2, in Free Previews, now!
http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=33775
Mr. Cryptic

Postby Hector2 » January 13th, 2013, 12:02 am

Hi there Mr. Cryptic

About Panthera Kahn # 1,it was awesome, but I feel like it has a lot in common with Sheena, Queen of the jungle. Were you inspired by it? I mean the helicopter scene remembers me of that.
Hector2

Postby Mr. Cryptic » January 14th, 2013, 1:39 pm

Panthera is definitely inspired by Sheena and other blonde jungle queens. Panthera and Prospero are actually, in my creative process, the oldest characters I have. I was writing stories with these characters in private over twenty years ago. Jungle goddesses used to be my favorite kind of heroine (Wonder Woman-like superheroines are more my thing now). She differs from Sheena in that she's much more feral. E.g. she doesn't use a knife, she uses her teeth and claws.

I'm glad you like the comic itself. That was the first comic I did for posting online. I put a lot more work into each panel then than I do now, but I have more skills now. It's interesting to look back on it at this point.
Mr. Cryptic

Postby jrhcl2 » January 15th, 2013, 5:12 am

Hello Mr. Cryptic!! I think you tied the Panthera Klan story into the Lord Prospero saga very well!! The Goddess Panthera Klan is different than your other heroes, not because she's fight with her teeth and claws! She wins!! She not as strong as Brickhouse are as powerful as Ishtar, she can really fight!! Maybe she's the key to beating Prospero, something Ishtar and Brickhouse have failed to do!! You said these were your first stories!! This story was pro-hero!! this stories was more like the main stream comics, in the sense that the heroine faced challenges, but she was able to think fast on her feet, Panthera Klan was able to use her skill and power to overcome her challenges!! Something both Ishtar and Brickhouse haven't really shown they can do!! Panthera Klan is a hero that Prospero and the Guild will have to worry about , she maybe the one that can stop them!! She a powerful hero, who know how to use those powers skillfully. I look forward to seeing more of her in the future. I really like this story!! I like seeing the hero come out a head :D

Hey!! Mr. Cryptic after the Lord Prospero saga is over, what are you planning to do next on mccomix?? Are you going to be starting a new saga?? Will it be featured in all the series like this story?? If so, will it start in the Adventures of Ishtar series?? Or will you be starting a whole new series?? Are you going to give us a hint, what your going to be doing next here at Mccomix??
jrhcl2

Postby Mr. Cryptic » January 17th, 2013, 12:26 am

I'm glad you liked Panthera Khan, CL. I think part of why Panthera Khan wins here is that the comics are longer than the updates I usually do, so there's time for the heroine to lose and then win later :) .

I'm not sure what I'll be doing next. I'm now scheduled to update every Thursday (one week at HIP Comix, the next at MC Comix). Whichever story seems to have more mind control in it I'll do here. When I have something to preview, I'll let you know :) .
Mr. Cryptic

Postby Caligro » January 20th, 2013, 4:54 pm

I am a big fan of all of your victory city stories. I did want to comment that I had been hoping that in the second installment of PK that Agent Beauty might get some form of sexual punishment from Prospero. Looking forward to future releases.
Caligro

Postby Hector2 » January 30th, 2013, 10:14 pm

Dear Mr. Cryptic:

Panthera Khan # 2 was everything every comic must be: Great action, kinky scenes, and even literary references! If the setting is more like an adventure serial in the jungle, the background is truly epic!

First of all: Now we understand Prospero and his obsession to conquer the gods! Oh yes, that’s a great plan for anyone who called himself Prospero!

But the best part was seeing Brickhouse as his slave, that is what comics are about! I must recognize Agent Beauty wisdom: Why risk his empire, his slave, his life, fighting beins he knows nothing about?

Well, if not, there would be no story, woldn't be?

My favorite part was the Enkidu’s reference: This shows your work, referencing the first literary work in the world… and let me tell you, it was fantastic.

And oh, the poor doctor… that guy reminds me of David Banner on the TV Series… no matter wherever he go, he will be beaten!
Great work!
Hector2

Postby Mr. Cryptic » January 31st, 2013, 2:02 am

Caligro wrote:I am a big fan of all of your victory city stories. I did want to comment that I had been hoping that in the second installment of PK that Agent Beauty might get some form of sexual punishment from Prospero. Looking forward to future releases.

I kind of think that Agent Beauty is the someone Prospero likes having as a partner in crime/comrade, but who knows what the future holds?

Hector2 wrote:Panthera Khan # 2 was everything every comic must be: Great action, kinky scenes, and even literary references! If the setting is more like an adventure serial in the jungle, the background is truly epic!

First of all: Now we understand Prospero and his obsession to conquer the gods! Oh yes, that’s a great plan for anyone who called himself Prospero!

But the best part was seeing Brickhouse as his slave, that is what comics are about! I must recognize Agent Beauty wisdom: Why risk his empire, his slave, his life, fighting beins he knows nothing about?

Well, if not, there would be no story, woldn't be?

My favorite part was the Enkidu’s reference: This shows your work, referencing the first literary work in the world… and let me tell you, it was fantastic.

And oh, the poor doctor… that guy reminds me of David Banner on the TV Series… no matter wherever he go, he will be beaten!
Great work!

Glad you liked it, Hector! I did this comic five years ago, and I can see some things I need to recapture in my newer comics (the action, etc.).

I did the research on Ishtar mostly five years ago. I'm still working out how to explain Ishtar's origin (in my stories I mean) in relation to the myth.
Mr. Cryptic

Postby Mr. Cryptic » February 20th, 2013, 10:39 pm

On the island of Malanga, criminals and heroines enslaved by Lord Prospero prepare to invade and conquer Victory City in their master's name!
But Prospero has made a powerful enemy, the jungle goddess named Panthera Khan!
The invasion of Victory City begins in Panthera Khan #3, in the Member's section now!
(Note: this update takes place before Adventures of Ishtar #10).

http://www.mccomix.com/members/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=33518
Mr. Cryptic

Postby jrhcl2 » February 21st, 2013, 6:59 am

Hello Mr. Cryptic!! Nice to see Panthera Khan again!! It good to see a heroine who is still trying to stop Prospero! She being pro-active too!! She has a plan!! Right now it looking really bad,most of victory City heroines have been enslaved, Maria Jones doesn't remember she's Ishtar! Panthera Klan is these only Heroine standing! Prospero has a well thought out plan, hopefully Panthera Khan can find away to free the other heroines from his spells. Good installment!! I really don't like him, :evil: what give him the right to take over Victory City and invade the home of gods, to take people free will!! Can't wait to see him fall!! He is truly evil!! Oh!! I really enjoyed these last two installments Victory City # 32, 33!! But they only made me dislike Prospero even more!! Pro-hero, Anti-villain!! That the reason i didn't make any comments, it been a really bad time for our heroes serving those awful people!! :( The images were smoking hot!! But it still heroes serving the villain. I'm hoping to see the tide turn in the near future for the heroes!! You have been really busy doing two updates on two sites the same night, both installments were really good!! OUTSTANDING JOB!!
jrhcl2

Next

Return to Mr. Cryptic