Queen's Reign: Posts & Discussion

Discuss "Omega Unit" and other stories with Firstborn!

Re: Queen's Reign: Posts & Discussion

Postby Champ » July 28th, 2012, 6:20 am

Oh man, that was great! That last page was the last piece I expected! Don't make me wait for the next chapter! XD
Champ

Postby Reinhardt » July 28th, 2012, 6:04 pm

Thanks for replying and the easter eggs, and the reason why spesific approaches are chosen. I havn't seen the new stuff yet, so I'll have to see that and the already released and see if I have overlooked something. Thanks for adding great material.
Reinhardt

Postby leto17 » July 30th, 2012, 6:29 am

I have neglected posting in regard to your excellent work. For me, it was a sleeper hit. I really enjoy how your work has progressed. I enjoy the alien corruption/mc very much. I don't know if this statement makes sense, but you do an excellent job of drawing on ideas and material generally associated with "squick" but without it being "icky" at all-just pure eroticism and engaging plot. I also like your characterization and plot placing. As an aside, to what extent were you inspired by Tabico's work?
leto17

Postby FirstBorn » August 2nd, 2012, 8:20 pm

Champ wrote:Oh man, that was great! That last page was the last piece I expected! Don't make me wait for the next chapter! XD

-- Thanks! Glad you liked it.
Reinhardt wrote:Thanks for replying and the easter eggs, and the reason why spesific approaches are chosen. I havn't seen the new stuff yet, so I'll have to see that and the already released and see if I have overlooked something. Thanks for adding great material.

-- My pleasure. Don't look too hard. Its not one of those "hiding in the corner" things. If you can think far enough out of the box you'll figure it out. If not- watch this space- I'll reveal it eventually.
leto17 wrote:I have neglected posting in regard to your excellent work. For me, it was a sleeper hit. I really enjoy how your work has progressed. I enjoy the alien corruption/mc very much. I don't know if this statement makes sense, but you do an excellent job of drawing on ideas and material generally associated with "squick" but without it being "icky" at all-just pure eroticism and engaging plot. I also like your characterization and plot placing. As an aside, to what extent were you inspired by Tabico's work?

--Thanks a lot Leto. And don't worry- your squick comment is understood and appreciated. There may be a *bit* more of that, possibly with a bit more *ick* in the future but nothing as extreme as the Mistress of Squick (Tabico).

As for her influence in my work I read everything she posts over at McStories. I love the fact that she has lots of sex and eroticism in her work while still writing a story that doesn't contain 50% sex scenes. The internal temptation and corruption angle also interests me which I'm sure you can tell from my own storytelling here. In case you're interested, my favorites are Mind Worms (Faculty) and Adaptation. I've even considered asking for permission to render that last one in Poser... but I don't think I could really do it justice.
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby Hector2 » August 10th, 2012, 10:06 pm

Dear Firstborn:

Well, I don’t know very well what happened… the scenes seem very strange… it goes from a climax to another… it seems that the invasion could be stopped, but there is not much information… I wonder if this is not a trick that is played in Angela’s mind?

Even if this is true, Angela certainly has enough distractions from her mission. I was wondering when we were going to get back to the sex from the Adventure.

And the last panel, wow! I really don’t know what will happen next!

Oh, and about the mind worms… you already have the original “ceti eel” worms from “Wrath of K ahn”, you could include them… somehow, don’t you?
Hector2

Postby FirstBorn » August 11th, 2012, 12:20 am

I am pleased to announce another chapter of The Queen's Reign!

The story continues here!

Synopsis:
Angela has just had the fright of her life- but all is not as it seems. In the blink of an eye her newfound paramour has gone from human to drone and back again. What is going on? Is it just stress? And what about poor Taylor, left there all alone on the bed... Perhaps making good on her promise will help Angela to salvage whatever harm her sleep deprived brain may have done to her relationship. Now, if only she can dig up some good news from those video records... And so the end continues.

Here you go everyone. This update is kind of on the small side. I hope to make up for that with the next one. Promises promises. Enjoy!

And- not to forget the comments. I think I may have stunned a few people with that blunt transition and immediate cliff-hanger. I hope you don't hate me for such a cheap literary trick like that but i couldn't resist.

Hector2 wrote:Dear Firstborn:

Well, I don’t know very well what happened… the scenes seem very strange… it goes from a climax to another… it seems that the invasion could be stopped, but there is not much information… I wonder if this is not a trick that is played in Angela’s mind?

-- Ding ding. Couldn't give it away until I posted the next chapter tho. This is not the first time that things have not been exactly what they seem- especially with regards to Angela.

Even if this is true, Angela certainly has enough distractions from her mission. I was wondering when we were going to get back to the sex from the Adventure.

-- Yeah, I'm fighting with myself over this one- and I'm assuming you mean the lack of frequent overt sex scenes so far. I have this grand story I'm trying to tell in my head but I think I'm spending to much time on the details and not enough time on the HOT-ness. I hope to be able to start introducing some new and nifty ways for the queen to fight dirty in the upcoming chapters so hopefully I'm not boring people with all my character development. I don't have years of back-story to assume you know so I have to let you get to know these guys & girls the hard way.

Hope you enjoy the ride- and thanks for the comments!
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby Champ » August 11th, 2012, 5:13 am

Lol, patience is its own reward. I did think this episode was a bit of a filler but even I can't make a complain when this series has been so awesome. Keep up the good work. *thumb up*
Champ

Postby Sumatra » August 12th, 2012, 9:59 pm

Hot story. Last issue peaked my interest. Waiting to see what's happening to Angela. A problem is the length, I don't understand the aliens,is there a lead-in besides Omega Unit?

-Sumatra
Sumatra

Postby FirstBorn » August 13th, 2012, 7:20 am

A quick post from vacation here. thanks for the comments.

There isn't really any backstreet other than the Haywire origins story, no. Part of that is due to my chosen style of storytelling for this series. Readers see what Angela sees with one camera angle following her around. You'll learn more about them as Angela does. Bare with me but feel free to ask questions as we go along. If the answer isn't a spoiler I'll answer it here.

And of course, check out Haywire I'n the free section if you haven't already.
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby Hector2 » September 1st, 2012, 5:32 pm

Dear Firstborn:

I must say that Queen’s reign # 8 was a little confusing… I didn’t get it. Was Angela truly having hallucinations? It’s really the stress, or is she slowly going mad?

Another explanation could be that she falled into the Queen’s clutches and she has her in a elaborate illusion to get any secret Angela could have… Next Generation had some episodes like that.

And given you tell us Angela’s story is only told through her eyes, anything literally could happen.

Great story!
Hector2

Postby FirstBorn » September 1st, 2012, 6:52 pm

Hector2 wrote:Dear Firstborn:

I must say that Queen’s reign # 8 was a little confusing… I didn’t get it. Was Angela truly having hallucinations? It’s really the stress, or is she slowly going mad?

Another explanation could be that she falled into the Queen’s clutches and she has her in a elaborate illusion to get any secret Angela could have… Next Generation had some episodes like that.

And given you tell us Angela’s story is only told through her eyes, anything literally could happen.

Great story!

Thanks for the post and comments Hector. And those are good questions- that I'm afraid I'll have to let the story answer as we move along. What I will say is that this is not just another holodeck episode. Of course that doesn't say much. ;)

For those of you that are wondering- I'm going back to a 1/month posting schedule now that the summer is over and the semester has begun. As much as I love it- I just can't quite squeeze out a chapter every two weeks and keep up with class/teaching responsibilities. RL stuff and all that.

<<watch this space>> Never fear, more to come!
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby Champ » September 1st, 2012, 7:57 pm

Sorry to hear that, but always looking forward to your latest work. :)
Champ

Postby FirstBorn » September 22nd, 2012, 10:25 pm

After a not-so-brief hiatus I am once again proud to present another chapter of The Queen's Reign!

Click here to begin!

Synopsis:
Angela has just had to give the new love of her life some very bad news- and it doesn't look like she's taking it well. Perhaps now would be a good time to see what Samantha is up to over at research station beta on the other side of the occupied zone. it would seem that a friend of hers has made a rather amazing breakthrough recently- but who is really responsible for this little epiphany? And who's going to end up paying for it? Samantha is about to find out. And so the end continues...

Once again, I apologize for the long delay in the release of this chapter. I'll be posting again in two weeks to get back onto my old schedule of once a month and keep it regular from there.

I hope you all enjoy- a fresh chapter with a fresh perspective as the story continues!
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby Champ » September 23rd, 2012, 6:32 am

This was a twist that I didn't expect. I'm curious how this new development will pan out. :)
Champ

Postby FirstBorn » September 23rd, 2012, 9:18 am

Champ wrote:This was a twist that I didn't expect. I'm curious how this new development will pan out. :)

--As am I. ;) Don't worry- we're not leaving Angela behind. I've just moved the camera "through the screen" and left it over there for a bit while Angela deals with her girl-friend issues. It will eventually return to see how our intrepid heroine is getting on back in her own corner.

Oh, wait... by twist did you mean something *other* than the change in venue? I had to get past running-away-from-black-goo-boogie-women as the primary plot device eventually, right?
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

PreviousNext

Return to Firstborn