Queen's Reign: Posts & Discussion

Discuss "Omega Unit" and other stories with Firstborn!

Re: Queen's Reign: Posts & Discussion

Postby sohta123 » May 18th, 2012, 9:00 pm

I have to say that I don't like Casey's hair in the side ponytails as much. Makes her look similar to Harleyquinn. And Casey is certainly no ditz.
sohta123

Postby FirstBorn » May 19th, 2012, 1:32 pm

sohta123 wrote:I have to say that I don't like Casey's hair in the side ponytails as much. Makes her look similar to Harleyquinn. And Casey is certainly no ditz.

Very true on both counts. I will admit that Casey has certain overtones of Harley- although you're right she is certainly no ditz. What she *IS* though- is a certifiable sociopath with one and ONLY one driving goal- to serve her Queen. The way I look at it is this: the Queen had just inherited an amazing amount of power to be able to edit Casey's core programming back in Omega Unit Origins: Haywire but that does not mean that she did the cleanest job of it. She was medical staff originally after all- not a computer engineer. So that has left Casey more than a little bit unbalanced to the more discerning eye.

As for your specific reference to the side pigtails- I am kinda not as fond of them now as I was originally. Not sure what else I would do though as I'm trying to move away from having the same hair model on 80% of my characters. I can't say more w/o giving away some upcoming reveals and we don't have a [spoiler] tag here.

Hector2 wrote:And I think that, given Angela got away, there is still hope for Starf… eh… well, I am anxious to see next issue!

Congratulations!

-- Thanks! And yes, since Angela made it to the planet it is safe to assume she isn't assimilated on the station. She's one of, if not THE main character of this story so she'll be making herself known in one form or another throughout most of the chapters. ((And yes, I do know what I just did there. Do you? ;) ))
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby FirstBorn » May 26th, 2012, 9:38 am

Once again I am proud to present another chapter of The Queen's Reign!

Click here to begin!

Synopsis:
Ensign Nareese continues to tell us the story of her escape from the Indie 3 space station to her curiously curious captor. There are so many questions that have yet to be answered. When is she going to stop ignoring her Mother's warning? Why has the Admiral just been standing there all this time? What nefarious plan does Casey have for her own helpless ensign? What happened to the green alien chick? All this and more are about to be revealed in chapter 3. And so the end- continues.

Here you go guys- Enjoy!
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby kakyo001 » May 27th, 2012, 11:08 am

if I understand correctly what happened in this chapter we got our first "real" casualty...
the drones retain at least some parts of their old self, but the ensign seems to be nothing more than a host for Casey (or a copy of Casey) and whatever made the ensign who she was is gone forever
kakyo001

Postby FirstBorn » May 27th, 2012, 9:11 pm

kakyo001 wrote:if I understand correctly what happened in this chapter we got our first "real" casualty...
the drones retain at least some parts of their old self, but the ensign seems to be nothing more than a host for Casey (or a copy of Casey) and whatever made the ensign who she was is gone forever

-- That wouldn't be too far from the truth. Although, I would point out that there is no precedent for a "de-assimilation" so far in either Haywire or Queen's Reign storyline.

Obviously with so many people having been recently assimilated on this station/planet that might be something about to be looked into... /cough-cough
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby Champ » May 31st, 2012, 7:26 am

The corruption process is top ranked! The next issue will be awesome, I bet. :)
Champ

Postby FirstBorn » June 2nd, 2012, 12:40 pm

Champ wrote:The corruption process is top ranked! The next issue will be awesome, I bet. :)

I certainly hope so! And thanks for the comment! And don't worry, Cassie will be playing a critical role in the story to come, although not in the next chapter I'm afraid to say. I'm trying to get finished with this flashback but it just keeps going...
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby Champ » June 2nd, 2012, 4:13 pm

Awesome! Can't wait to read the rest! :)
Champ

Postby FirstBorn » June 8th, 2012, 10:16 pm

Once again I am proud to present another chapter of The Queen's Reign!

Click here to begin!

Synopsis:
The shoe has finally dropped and Ensign Nareese has realized that she may have wasted too much time watching the events on the bridge unfold. Will she be able to make her way to a shuttle bay in order to escape the fate of the other crew members on board? Things aren't looking good, until she happens upon two seemingly defenseless individuals. Will she be able to save them? And why are they so confidently standing around in the corridor? Perhaps our heroine has just had a small bit of luck go her way... find out in chapter 4! And as before, the end- continues.

I'm hoping that it only takes me one more chapter to wrap up this flashback and bring the story back to "real time"... Sorry it has taken so long but I hope the story has been worth it!

Here you go guys- Enjoy!
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby Champ » June 9th, 2012, 7:54 am

Totally awesome! Can't wait to read more! This is by far becoming my favorite series. :)
Champ

Postby FirstBorn » June 9th, 2012, 12:36 pm

Champ wrote:Totally awesome! Can't wait to read more! This is by far becoming my favorite series. :)

Thanks! The feedback is always appreciated!
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby Champ » June 11th, 2012, 12:48 pm

^_^ Can't wait to see the cover of the next chapter. :)
Champ

Postby FirstBorn » June 11th, 2012, 9:38 pm

Champ wrote:^_^ Can't wait to see the cover of the next chapter. :)

Its up now- take a look!
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby Champ » June 12th, 2012, 8:42 am

Whoa, baby! They have energy busters? Who assimilated an ensign playing MegaMan?
Champ

Postby Hector2 » June 19th, 2012, 10:19 pm

Hi there FirstBorn!

Man, #4 of this series was a great issue! I know this site must emphasize about sex, but I just love a great adventure tale and this is it! Those guys can give the Borg a run for their money…

Ensing Nareese seems like a feminine version of Wesley, but she is starting to grow on me. Her adventures seem interesting enough to explain the security officer need to know how they will end, even when he claims he knows the truth… I hope he can be convinced on time.

So, will Nareese save the entire universe? Would Wesley? I don’t know anything except that this story rocks!

Congratulations!
Hector2

PreviousNext

Return to Firstborn