Queen's Reign: Posts & Discussion

Discuss "Omega Unit" and other stories with Firstborn!

Re: Queen's Reign: Posts & Discussion

Postby Reinhardt » October 9th, 2013, 5:47 pm

Glad you liked the comment. I didn't except it to be that well-received.

Thanks for clearing up some of the questions. Yes, I thought it looked like Tayler standing next to the pods, but I wasn't sure if the similar hair was just a minor mistake or represented a very popular fashion in the area, or if I had forgotten something from earlier chapter. So she is mass produced then. A test for future drone production or sleeper agens in other colonies? Anything missing from her face? Maybe the eyeliner.

I assumed the partial assimilation was just the last stage before the rest of the body followed, but after I saw Tayler still hadn't become a drone yet, it showed it was possible to freeze for later for some yet unknown reason, and to some degree revert like the other "sisters". Since we didn't see the complete assimlation of the all the infected, I was thinking that you were possible saving them for later for a different role. Sounds like they all ended up like drones as the other infected, except from Tayler (for the moment). Which is my preferred type of transformation in the story, by the way.

Either way, looking forward to see what the next chapter will bring.
Reinhardt

Postby FirstBorn » November 2nd, 2013, 10:07 pm

Once again I am proud to present Chapter 23 of The Queen's Reign!

Click HERE to Begin!

Synopsis:
Angela has arrived on the roof and found her old friend Samantha there, and it looks like she had the nannites with her. Now all she has to do is find a way to get Sam to hand them over. Then there's the small matter of pulling off whatever ingenious plan she has concocted. The Queen is almost here, and Angela knows it. Who knows how many of her drones she's going to bring with her. Wait- none? Well, that a plus, but why did it have to be Taylor and even worse... her Mother! Find out what happens next in chapter 23 of The Queen's Reign. And so the end... continues.

Reinhardt wrote:Either way, looking forward to see what the next chapter will bring.

-- Well- there you go Reinhardt. We're getting so close. And perhaps now you can begin to see why I was so pleased.

Enjoy everyone. Sorry for the lack of "Teh Sexyz" but I just can't really justify an orgy in the middle of what amounts to a monologue. ;)
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby Reinhardt » November 3rd, 2013, 6:25 am

Yes, seems like the hints were leading in the right direction. And its getting closer to the final action. Since the monologue is not over yet, it appears like there is more than one issue left, one that leads to Angela making her decision, the understanding why she was manipulated and reason behind the clones of her girlfriend, and the last one about the actual conclusion, assimilation and what the new nanites will actually do?

And a few more theories: Since Angela now is aware that the nanites have messed with her mind, and possibly memories, she should also realize that her new desires for women, her love for her girlfriend and the excitement and arousal about seeing someone being assimilated has been placed inside her (along the an urge to serve or even dominate). Maybe she understand that she (and those she knows) is still the same person despite all her changes, as seen with both her mother and girlfriend and the earlier couple, and that getting her desires fulfilled, whatever they are and how they got there, actually makes her happy. Possibly even an implanted wish to be assimilated herself. If the needs were programmed into her through her parents' genes and childhood, or from the outside by the Queen (either fresh ones or by manipulating traits that were already there), does not really matter as much. The present means more than the past (but then again, even her conclusions, enlightenment and thoughts about the subject could be implanted and manipulated).

I'm curious about what will happen to Samantha, the mother and the girlfriend. Will they be fully assimilated in body and mind in front of Angela's eyes, and trigger both her arousal and the understanding that she doesn't need to lose them and can be with them forever if she joins them (instead of returning to a life that suddenly doesn't seem that attractive anymore after being left alone if she kills her family and innocent humans who are still themselves somewhere within), or will it happen simultaneously or something else? Even if her friends and family has been assimilated, killing their drones will not bring them back, and if they are still in there will kill them permanently. I'm not sure if the Queen would be willing to give Angela the chance to push the button just in case she changed her mind after all, having made sure nothing will happen if it's pushed, but by making Angela believe she has a choice, and that both alternatives will mean a huge sacrifice for her that she will need to live with for the rest of her life (or being made into a drone if she doesn't make any choices at all), she assumes Angela will choose the alternative that makes most sense for her there and then. Probably helped a little by the previous modification of her mind.

The answers shouldn't be that far away by now.

P.S. I wonder a bit about the assimilation of the brainwashed persons. The female Lieutenant was turned into a slave, but it looked to be only temporarily since she needed to get a new dose later. Obviously it doesn't mean anything to those turned into drones, but does their original memories return to them or do they still believe they have always been slaves to the collective? Also, why does the Queen's voice make Angela so shaky? Is it caused by fear or delight?
Reinhardt

Postby FirstBorn » November 3rd, 2013, 10:18 am

Reinhardt wrote:P.S. I wonder a bit about the assimilation of the brainwashed persons. The female Lieutenant was turned into a slave, but it looked to be only temporarily since she needed to get a new dose later. Obviously it doesn't mean anything to those turned into drones, but does their original memories return to them or do they still believe they have always been slaves to the collective? Also, why does the Queen's voice make Angela so shaky? Is it caused by fear or delight?

-- Well- I can't really comment on the earlier speculation w/o rampant spoilers one way or the other. You're right- its not that far off so we'll just have to wait and see.

As for the questions above:

The Lieutenant from beta station was "enslaved" by the drone's c-comm dose, but it was guided by the Doctor "off-screen" and, as mentioned in the chapter, he left her with a little too much free will just to be able to torture her. The 2nd dose was because he realized she was smart enough that she might find a "loop hole" in his instructions that would allow her to betray him. He solved that by removing her desire to do anything other than serve & please him.

The memories are not necessarily changed at all during those trances. They're still there one way or the other.

As for the effect of the Queen's voice- take your pick. Although it might get a bit clearer soon.

As ever, I appreciate all the energy you're putting into my story as you read it. Its the type of things that keeps writers like me going. ;)
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby Reinhardt » November 3rd, 2013, 2:08 pm

No, I didn't expect any confirmations or denials about the speculations. That would be major spoilers and ruin the whole fun. It's just fun to think out loud and write down the ideas the clues and progress of the story leads to. And hopefully it will also cause others to post their own theories, which again could create new inspirations, even if it hasn't happened so far. So while we wait for the next chapter, I'll be on the lookout for the next cover.
Reinhardt

Postby FirstBorn » November 3rd, 2013, 9:26 pm

Reinhardt wrote:It's just fun to think out loud and write down the ideas the clues and progress of the story leads to. And hopefully it will also cause others to post their own theories, which again could create new inspirations, even if it hasn't happened so far.

-- that would be great, yes. But for a lot of people its more fun to just sit and wait for the answers to reveal themselves. To each their own. I'm like you- always trying to predict what's coming next. Pleased when I'm right. Even more pleased when I'm wrong and it turns out even better.

I don't watch a lot of Tv anymore. The plots are too predictable. I can't bring all of that to bare on a Poser story like this- but I try and bring as much as I can fit.
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby Reinhardt » November 14th, 2013, 4:41 am

Agree. And the best shows are often those that's unpredictable. I like stories in all mediums, but when the topic is science fiction and fantasy, it's nice to also see what is being written now about and then, like in Poster stories. There is no need to describe what the characters looks like, their cloths, the rooms and so on, since it's already there in the images. For stories like this, it's a good medium.

A little more about the story; the queen has already shown she can control others who have been infected. If there really is a risk that Angela can shoot and kill here, then maybe the Queen we see is just a drone that acts like her temporarily and controlled marionette she is talking through and has made to look like her, while the real one is hiding close by where she is safe. And seeing the ears of Angela's girlfriend, it does remind me of something. Her mother also says that she can still hear the echo of her mind in the collective, so it sounds it is possible to at least partly join the collective and return as long as you are not fully assimilated. If those who have experienced it can remember it and how it was, would they be more willing to give it a new try later?

There has been surprisingly few comments this time. I hope it has nothing to do with me posting theories (and possible spoilers if any of my guesses should be right). If it is, let me hear it. I won't take it personally in any way.
Reinhardt

Postby FirstBorn » November 14th, 2013, 6:42 am

Reinhardt wrote:Agree. And the best shows are often those that's unpredictable. I like stories in all mediums, but when the topic is science fiction and fantasy, it's nice to also see what is being written now about and then, like in Poster stories. There is no need to describe what the characters looks like, their cloths, the rooms and so on, since it's already there in the images. For stories like this, it's a good medium.

-- **Nods**.

Reinhardt wrote:A little more about the story; the queen has already shown she can control others who have been infected. If there really is a risk that Angela can shoot and kill here, then maybe the Queen we see is just a drone that acts like her temporarily and controlled marionette she is talking through and has made to look like her, while the real one is hiding close by where she is safe. And seeing the ears of Angela's girlfriend, it does remind me of something. Her mother also says that she can still hear the echo of her mind in the collective, so it sounds it is possible to at least partly join the collective and return as long as you are not fully assimilated. If those who have experienced it can remember it and how it was, would they be more willing to give it a new try later?

-- I suppose I could be a bit more talkative, as long as we all realize that this is all just me chewing the fat about your thoughts and not in any way a direct indication of story.

Point 1) Is the Queen real if Angela can just shoot her.
Thoughts: In the above scenario I would agree. It would be either a HUGE mistake to show up "in person" (something that all Super Villians do for one reason or another), or it wouldn't really be the REAL her. You are correct that the Queen has been able to "speak through" her drones/pre-assimilated-drones before so it wouldn't be a very large stretch to just morph one into an impressive enough form to be a convincing "Queen Proxy". Of course, if that were the case there would likely be subtle clue's that its not *really* her. But as a reader, would you know what to look for until after the "reveal"?

Point 2) Can you partially join the collective as long as you're not fully assimilated.
Thoughts: As long as you take the Queen, and Angela's mother at their word that would seem to be possible, yes.

Point 3) Would being IN the collective, and then escaping/leaving it make you more likely to want to go back later.
Thoughts: I suppose that would depend on the character of the character. Very strong willed individuals might be able to resist it I suppose- depending on the depth of their original assimilation. That being said, I think we've already seen how tempting/corrupting the pleasure of submission is in a prior story. Even for someone who's mind wasn't fundamentally altered in any way. So I would put the ability to "resist" once you've had a "taste" as a very rare one indeed. But I might be biased.

Reinhardt wrote:There has been surprisingly few comments this time. I hope it has nothing to do with me posting theories (and possible spoilers if any of my guesses should be right). If it is, let me hear it. I won't take it personally in any way.

-- I wouldn't read to much into it. I have been avoiding talking about anything that gets too close to spoilers, true. But this option is just as viable. No way to know if you're right on the money, or if we're even in the right ball-park. Until the story comes out, of course.

Food for thought. I hope it gives you something to chew on for a bit. ;)
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby Reinhardt » November 14th, 2013, 11:12 am

FirstBorn wrote: -- I wouldn't read to much into it. I have been avoiding talking about anything that gets too close to spoilers, true. But this option is just as viable. No way to know if you're right on the money, or if we're even in the right ball-park. Until the story comes out, of course.
Food for thought. I hope it gives you something to chew on for a bit. ;)

Nice the hear, and it does give some new input. Still, I also had the other posters in mind, which haven't posted in a while from the look of it. But that could still change within a couple of weeks or so (or if a new poster comes up).

Interesting hints. If it's not really the Queen, I must confess I haven't seen any clues about it yet. So we'll just have to keep on the lookout.
If Angela has really (partly) been a part of the collective (and I don't expect any answers to that), it makes one wonder if there is something that can trigger her memories and experiences about it. Her visions could be her subconscious or suppressed memories rising to the surface now and then in special situations (such as sex or witnessing assimilations).
Reinhardt

Postby kryton73 » November 30th, 2013, 8:00 am

As I eagerly await the next installment, let me post my speculation here:

I think that the queen is indeed projecting herself in another body, specifically the Taylor podling clone to the far right in Ch 20 pg 15 top panel. That one has already formed a chrysalis which leads me to believe that the clone inside was undergoing a major metamorphosis far beyond just growing ears. Also, I know that both colors were established previous to the cloning but I find in convenient that the queen's hand color and Taylor's highlights share the same shade of purple. That shade of purple has long been established as the queen's color so I guess that Taylor has been destined to be the queen's since her first appearance.

As for Angela, her fight is near the end, I think. I do hope that the queen has grand plans for her: much more than her mother. I would love to see what an Angela doctor would look like, or maybe even something in between a doctor and the queen herself. This final transformation will be the climax of the whole series so I really hope that it is amazing (no pressure, FirstBorn ;)

Ok, I'm going to sit back and impatiently await the next chapter. It looks like it might be coming December 7th, although I wouldn't mind at all if FirstBorn just posted it today with it being a Saturday and all.
kryton73

Postby Reinhardt » November 30th, 2013, 5:00 pm

kryton73 wrote:As I eagerly await the next installment, let me post my speculation here:

I think that the queen is indeed projecting herself in another body, specifically the Taylor podling clone to the far right in Ch 20 pg 15 top panel. That one has already formed a chrysalis which leads me to believe that the clone inside was undergoing a major metamorphosis far beyond just growing ears. Also, I know that both colors were established previous to the cloning but I find in convenient that the queen's hand color and Taylor's highlights share the same shade of purple. That shade of purple has long been established as the queen's color so I guess that Taylor has been destined to be the queen's since her first appearance.

As for Angela, her fight is near the end, I think. I do hope that the queen has grand plans for her: much more than her mother. I would love to see what an Angela doctor would look like, or maybe even something in between a doctor and the queen herself. This final transformation will be the climax of the whole series so I really hope that it is amazing (no pressure, FirstBorn ;)

Ok, I'm going to sit back and impatiently await the next chapter. It looks like it might be coming December 7th, although I wouldn't mind at all if FirstBorn just posted it today with it being a Saturday and all.

The Purple color could be a hint. I'm also curious about what's gonna happen to Angela's mother. I'm guessing the reason why she is still not a fully converted drone at this point is for psychological reasons between mother and daughter. What will happen to her if (or most likely, when) Angela joins the collective?
And about the Queen; logically enough she needs to protect herself as best she can, and it's possible that she in the future will only walk around unprotected inside borrowed bodies only. So after her ascension, her true form can take all kind of shapes, including inhuman ones, since it will only need to contain her mind and little else (unless she feels safe enough to use her own body in the open). The new nannites could convert her into a large immobile blob like brain or something else not looking like a human. And with the old programming gone, the nanites will probably make it possible for the queen/collective to upgrade themselves on a regular basis on their own, constantly evolving and adapting, making them impossible to stop.

If I understand it correctly, the nannites has fused the with cells and formed a symbiosis between biological and synthetic elements. If the goal is total control of the nannites, would it be possible to give the nannites new properties, making the biological parts completely obsolete and turn the bodies in the collective into 100% synthetic creatures, even more machine like but still with the ability to be sentient and feel pleasure?

(By the way, the drone in the chamber is referred to as essica or Jessie. Is she the first person the queen converted in the Haywire Origin story? And, if Angela knew Beverly before she became the Queen, is there a chance she will reveal her original identity to her?)
Reinhardt

Postby kryton73 » December 5th, 2013, 5:41 pm

Oh man, the 12/7 cover is such a major tease. I really hope that we get to see the aftermath of what is shown in the cover in magnificent, transformative detail. I may have to flip some tables if the comic ends with the cover state, or worse, with that being a dream.

The white eyes imply that Angela is in the pre-doctor state in the cover. I really hope to see Angela get the full-doctor transformation this comic (and without the pesky armor in the way).
kryton73

Postby FirstBorn » December 7th, 2013, 10:24 am

kryton73 wrote:Oh man, the 12/7 cover is such a major tease. I really hope that we get to see the aftermath of what is shown in the cover in magnificent, transformative detail. I may have to flip some tables if the comic ends with the cover state, or worse, with that being a dream.

-- Well, if you thought *That* cover was a teaser, what do you think about the one I just posted in the covers gallery for January? Hm?

As for what happens, we'll just have to wait until a little later today for me to post the chapter (Ssshhh- don't tell Kryton, but he might be just a *little* mad at me.)

Reinhardt wrote:If I understand it correctly, the nannites has fused the with cells and formed a symbiosis between biological and synthetic elements. If the goal is total control of the nannites, would it be possible to give the nannites new properties, making the biological parts completely obsolete and turn the bodies in the collective into 100% synthetic creatures, even more machine like but still with the ability to be sentient and feel pleasure?

-- You are correct with your initial assessment, Reinhardt. Once the cells have become infested with the nannites during conversion there isn't a way to remove them. They're rather tenacious. Now, there is evidence that they can *invade* tissue, alter it, and then leave- if that was their intended purpose from the start.

As for the "goal" of total control, remember where the new nannites are coming from. The Queen may have done one hell of a whammy on the Doctor, but she didn't have *direct* control over him so its not like she was feeding him lines of code to give her *exactly* what she wanted for her birthday.

And I think the rest of the conversation I had better not touch as I wouldn't want to bias anyone one way or the other.

I apologize for not piping in earlier- I must have missed the initial email letting me know there was some action here. Understandable- I have been rather distracted lately (I have a brand new spawnling currently parasitizing my wife's mammary glands as I type).

In fact- that's half the reason I haven't posted the next installment just yet. Don't worry, don't worry. Its 98% done. Just waiting for a final pass through by my "editor" before I post. Typo's are rather embarrassing. ;)

**WATCH THIS SPACE -- UPDATE COMING SOON**
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby kryton73 » December 7th, 2013, 12:10 pm

FirstBorn wrote:-- Well, if you thought *That* cover was a teaser, what do you think about the one I just posted in the covers gallery for January? Hm?

As for what happens, we'll just have to wait until a little later today for me to post the chapter (Ssshhh- don't tell Kryton, but he might be just a *little* mad at me.)

After seeing the January cover, I had a feeling that I had better get the tables ready to be face down. It looks like this month's comic is a teaser for next month. I just hope that there is some kind of action. Maybe we'll see Samantha and friends get their due this week to tide us over to Angela's conversion next month. Please FirstBorn, after last month's lack of action, please give us some conversions/corruption this episode. I don't think that I can take another month of queenly monologue :)
kryton73

Postby FirstBorn » December 7th, 2013, 12:54 pm

Once again I am proud to present Chapter 24 of The Queen's Reign!

Click here to begin.

Synopsis:
Angela and the Queen are still up on their roof although it seems that Angela may be having some performance issues. Don't worry, as usual, the Queen has all the answers. Why all the drama? Why all the lies and obfuscation? It would seem the Queen had a reason to string Angela along all this time. She wanted something from her. But first she had to give her a taste of what it was like to be worshiped. But now that's all over. The Queen is intent on getting her due- and now that Cassie has arrived on the roof it looks like she's going to get it. One way or another. And so, then end... is nearly here. Find out what happens next in this chapter of The Queen's Reign!

Enjoy!

kryton73 wrote:I just hope that there is some kind of action. Maybe we'll see Samantha and friends get their due this week to tide us over to Angela's conversion next month. Please FirstBorn, after last month's lack of action, please give us some conversions/corruption this episode. I don't think that I can take another month of queenly monologue :)

-- Well... <.< - >.> I do hope you give me *some* credit here. I'll admit there's a bit more monologue in there, but there's a wee bit of teh sexah, yes? And a few answers to a few questions to boot, I'd wager. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, Kryton.

I can only hope that next month's *Finale* will better suit your pallet if this one leaves it feeling a bit stale. Let me know what you think. ;)
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

PreviousNext

Return to Firstborn