Queen's Reign: Posts & Discussion

Discuss "Omega Unit" and other stories with Firstborn!

Re: Queen's Reign: Posts & Discussion

Postby Reinhardt » November 12th, 2012, 12:26 am

Hmm, the activity in here seems to have been so low lately that I guess some of the guests assume the forum is dead or something.

Anyway, it doesn't matter if one or more new and parallell storylines are introduced. That's what creates spin-offs and internal feedbacks and other interesting stuff. I hope the lack of postings here lately doesn't prevent you from letting the story unfold as it's growing in the telling.
Reinhardt

Postby FirstBorn » November 13th, 2012, 10:11 am

Reinhardt wrote:Hmm, the activity in here seems to have been so low lately that I guess some of the guests assume the forum is dead or something.

Anyway, it doesn't matter if one or more new and parallell storylines are introduced. That's what creates spin-offs and internal feedbacks and other interesting stuff. I hope the lack of postings here lately doesn't prevent you from letting the story unfold as it's growing in the telling.

The forum is far from dead- although I am not good at timely responses. A reality for which I apologize to my readers.

As for Queen's Reign and other stories, we are persevering through server issues and JPeger is doing his best to get us back to running at full steam. In the mean time We'll keep putting out new chapters for our representative stories and giving our readers what they're looking for in McComix.

Thanks for the words of encouragement Reinhardt. I appreciate you taking the time to say something. And don't worry- Queen's Reign will be continuing as planned.

And, of course, do let me know if you have any opinions on my stories in particular.
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby Hector2 » November 16th, 2012, 10:25 pm

Dear FirstBorn:

Queens Reign # 11 continues with the Power theme of a Mind control fantasy. The doctor has an… evil? Makeover. He certainly looks more assertive.

And what about this lietenaunt? In only 48 hours, the doctor has jumped the slippery slope and is pretty adept at control. The idea of controlling someone and then lefting a loophole to torture her trying to escape is very cruel.

And now the doctor is menacing the only thing that gives him power? I certainly think that he is manipulated, but we will wait to see what is the real situation…

Oh, and the good doctor could chose Angela to add to his harem next issue?
Hector2

Postby FirstBorn » November 17th, 2012, 4:32 pm

Hector2 wrote:Dear FirstBorn:

Queens Reign # 11 continues with the Power theme of a Mind control fantasy. The doctor has an… evil? Makeover. He certainly looks more assertive.

And what about this lietenaunt? In only 48 hours, the doctor has jumped the slippery slope and is pretty adept at control. The idea of controlling someone and then lefting a loophole to torture her trying to escape is very cruel.

And now the doctor is menacing the only thing that gives him power? I certainly think that he is manipulated, but we will wait to see what is the real situation…

Oh, and the good doctor could chose Angela to add to his harem next issue?

-- He certainly does seem to be escalating rather quickly, I'll grant you that. But he is being tempted with "ultimate power" as far as his experience is concerned.

And yes- your guess is correct that the Doctor's mad ambition for more slaves is how I will bring Angela back into the storyline but don't get your hopes up for any overtly enslaved Angela just yet. The Doctor has served his purpose in more ways than one and its time I get the plot moving along again.

But never fear- this is not the last we shall see of the good Doctor either. He's too much fun (and has too much potential) to play with and then just leave behind as a loose end.

As always, your analysis is appreciated and enjoyed. Thanks for the comments!
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby Hector2 » November 17th, 2012, 6:47 pm

What? No Angela enslaved?? ahhhhh....

Here I thought the perfect revenge fantasy (she reminds me too much of Wesley) to see her suffer under a villain.

Well, Ce la vie!
Hector2

Postby FirstBorn » November 19th, 2012, 9:24 am

Hector2 wrote:What? No Angela enslaved?? ahhhhh....

Here I thought the perfect revenge fantasy (she reminds me too much of Wesley) to see her suffer under a villain.

-- I can see the comparison to Wesley. She does have a lot in common with him, yes. And, since I'm feeling generous to the few people still reading this forum at the moment I'll drop an Easter Egg here about that.

I currently plan to have two "alternate endings" for this story and to let the readers decide which one they like best. And, given your above statements I think one of them you may like quite a bit- and the other, not so much.

Hey! I didn't say it would be a BIG Easter Egg, now did I? ;)
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby Hector2 » November 19th, 2012, 10:20 pm

Hey! I didn't say it would be a BIG Easter Egg, now did I?

Hey, don't ever say that! Everything in a story is special ;)

I think that alternate endings are made to evade censorship (The return of the joker) as a gimmick (Clue! The movie and Mr. Sardonicus)... or when the director doesn't have a clue how to end this movie (Hide and Seek, has four endings!).

About Mr. Sardonicus, The gimmick was to do a poll where the public will chose if the protagonist will be punished or rewarded with a happy ending. Only one ending was filmed; the "punishment poll" was entirely meaningless.

So, we can always count in Angela's tragic end as our own happy ending!

At least, the last line shouted should be SHUT UP WES... erh... Angela! ;)
Hector2

Postby FirstBorn » November 20th, 2012, 8:16 am

Hector2 wrote:About Mr. Sardonicus, The gimmick was to do a poll where the public will chose if the protagonist will be punished or rewarded with a happy ending. Only one ending was filmed; the "punishment poll" was entirely meaningless.

So, we can always count in Angela's tragic end as our own happy ending!

-- I think if I did a poll like that here there would be overwhelming support of Angela getting assimilated. Then again, there is a large enough contingent that likes to see the bad guys "get what's coming to them" so perhaps I'm wrong.

I might do a poll after I finish to see which one people like more.
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby Tecknophyle » November 20th, 2012, 9:10 am

FirstBorn wrote:-- I think if I did a poll like that here there would be overwhelming support of Angela getting assimilated. Then again, there is a large enough contingent that likes to see the bad guys "get what's coming to them" so perhaps I'm wrong.

I might do a poll after I finish to see which one people like more.

Nah, in a standalone story (which yours is) there's nothing wrong with the bad guys winning: lots of very good stories have that. I think many of the complaints/criticisms with some stories haven't been so much the bad guys winning as with the formulaic plot that's seen all the time: bad guy plots - good guys (girls) get captured immediately - stuff happens - bad guys defeated by dumb luck/other bad guy/deus ex machina. It's not the bad guys winning, it's the good guys not even showing up to play except as props.
Tecknophyle

Postby FirstBorn » November 20th, 2012, 10:09 am

Tecknophyle wrote: It's not the bad guys winning, it's the good guys not even showing up to play except as props.

--Too true. Well, that- and the rather lack of continuity between major arcs where potential development of a character is left behind as if it never happened.

A complaint that I'm happy to say is less and less deserved as I've watched this site (and therefore its authors) mature over time.
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby MacroLass » November 20th, 2012, 5:10 pm

I'll have you know that I plan on never maturing...thank you very much! :lol:
MacroLass

Postby Champ » November 25th, 2012, 10:17 am

Mmm. I'm dying to see this upcoming chapter. has a month gone by yet? :)
Champ

Postby FirstBorn » December 3rd, 2012, 8:00 pm

Champ wrote:Mmm. I'm dying to see this upcoming chapter. has a month gone by yet? :)

I'm afraid so- and yet the next update is not yet live. There is a good reason for it though- my main HD kind of died last week.

No worries- all I really lost was time. Everything else was thankfully backed up. It still means I have to put together the next update from scratch though- but I hope to have it up and running by this upcoming weekend and get back on track.

Sorry for the delay guys.
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby mauser8mm » December 7th, 2012, 6:08 am

Are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet
mauser8mm

Postby FirstBorn » December 7th, 2012, 6:58 am

mauser8mm wrote:Are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Its coming along quite nicely- not used to this much crunch on a chapter. I'm shooting for a Sunday release.
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

PreviousNext

Return to Firstborn