Queen's Reign: Posts & Discussion

Discuss "Omega Unit" and other stories with Firstborn!

Re: Queen's Reign: Posts & Discussion

Postby FirstBorn » May 26th, 2013, 2:21 pm

Champ wrote:Haven't heard a peep for quite a while. Hope everything is good.

Hey Champ,

Everything's fine. Just got a bit distracted with family stuff. I just posted the cover page for Chapter 18 of The Queen's Riegn in the Cover Gallery (click here).

I will share here that my wife and I are expecting our 2nd child but I *should* have enough time before the birth to finish QR so I don't expect that to have a huge impact on production. At least for this story.
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby Champ » May 26th, 2013, 6:54 pm

Hey FB

First, a giant congrats for your 2nd child. I wish a lifetime of well wishes!

Second, thanks for the response. I look forward to the next chapter!

Keep up the great work and a good life. :)
Champ

Postby mauser8mm » June 1st, 2013, 2:39 pm

Starting to Jones really hard right about now where's my fix >_<
mauser8mm

Postby FirstBorn » June 1st, 2013, 11:06 pm

Once again I am proud to present Chapter 18 of The Queen's Reign!

Click HERE to Begin!

Synopsis:
Angela and Taylor are preparing to head to the mess hall and catch an early breakfast. They've been up all night due to one interruption after another but for some reason it just doesn't seem to phase them. Could just be all the excitement. Still- all the activity has set Angela's mind ablaze. A memory from her past finally has been given form and now she plans to take a bit of advice from the Queen herself. Time to stop being a wall-flower. Time to join the fight. But to do that she'll need to prepare. So- first order of business- how to get access to the Fabricators. Perhaps Taylor knows a way. And so the end... continues.

Enjoy guys!

mauser8mm wrote:Starting to Jones really hard right about now where's my fix >_<

-- A lurker has climbed into the light for my story? I am honored by your comment Mauser8. I hope you approve and it was worth the wait. The NEXT one should get... interesting.

Champ wrote:Keep up the great work and a good life. :)

-- Thanks Champ! I hope my work continues to please.
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby Champ » June 2nd, 2013, 2:25 pm

This new chapter is a bit like a filler to me. But all in all, this seems like good news. A new plan, a new weapon, and now the battle continues. I'm excited to read the next chapter after you said it would get...interesting.
Champ

Postby Champ » June 22nd, 2013, 6:45 pm

Been a bit quiet for a while. Hope all is well.
Champ

Postby FirstBorn » July 6th, 2013, 8:39 pm

Once again I am proud to present Chapter 19 of The Queen's Reign!

Click HERE to Begin!

Synopsis:
The alarms have sounded! The base is under attack! Angela and Taylor should really be heading for safety as fast as their legs can carry them. But Angela has a plan- she just needs a little more time to finish something. But what's this? A voice from the beyond interrupts her frantic clicking for one last warning before falling back into the collective consciousness that now ensnares her mind. While it may be a painful and bittersweet reunion for Angela, it does give her a bit of an epiphany. But to carry it out- they have to get to Beta station. And to do that they have to get past Nurse Rachet. And so the end... continues.

And- to catch up on my responses from last time--
Champ wrote:This new chapter is a bit like a filler to me. But all in all, this seems like good news. A new plan, a new weapon, and now the battle continues. I'm excited to read the next chapter after you said it would get...interesting.

-- Hmm. I saw this one a while back Champ and I wasn't sure how to respond. I appreciate all feedback I can get from fans of my work. I can see why you might feel this way. Not a lot of sex'n happening there. But my hope is that once the story is told in completion you'll see that chapter as necessary character development rather than "filler".

Of course, from the perspective of having to wait an extra month to get some "meat" on your table- I can see why it might not have been your favorite.
Champ wrote:Been a bit quiet for a while. Hope all is well.

-- Yep. Life is busy, as usual. But I'm around. I do appreciate the thought tho! Thanks for checking in.

Hope you enjoy the chapter! And as I hope it lives up to my earlier foreshadow of "Things getting interesting..." Just wait till you see what's coming *next*. ;)

~ FB
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby Champ » July 7th, 2013, 1:10 pm

Always a fan of this story from good to bad. Love the work. Meant no offense with my silly post from last time. And action like this is always worth the wait.

Glad you're doing well, can definitely understand busy lifestyles. I'm the paranoid that just has to hear a hello every now and then. Lol.

This chapter was definitely what I was waiting for. I love the last minute ditch effort and the end result was suspenseful. Next chapter will definitely be awesome! *thumbs up*

Keep up the great work, I look forward to Chapter 20!!!
Champ

Postby Champ » July 20th, 2013, 5:53 pm

I saw an old school alien show on the tv and laughed my guts out because the women were in weird black latex suits and masks with bulgy forearms and high heels. Made me think of this comic. Coincidence....doubt it. XD.

Still love reading chp 19 and look forward to the cover for 20.
Champ

Postby FirstBorn » July 21st, 2013, 7:17 am

Champ wrote:I saw an old school alien show on the tv and laughed my guts out because the women were in weird black latex suits and masks with bulgy forearms and high heels. Made me think of this comic. Coincidence....doubt it. XD.

Still love reading chp 19 and look forward to the cover for 20.

-- Really? >.> <.< What show doth thou speaketh of, Friend?
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby Champ » July 21st, 2013, 8:43 am

Couldn't say. It was on the TVs youtube app. I checked my history but it erased. It wasn't signed on to my profile to remember it. Sorry. T_T
Champ

Postby kryton73 » July 21st, 2013, 12:10 pm

This comic is really starting to kick into high gear. I'm hoping to see Taylor get the slow but complete "Doctor" transformation in the next issue.

Thanks for the good work, Firstborn! Your comic is what currently keeps me subscribed here at MCC.
kryton73

Postby FirstBorn » July 21st, 2013, 3:42 pm

Champ wrote:Couldn't say. It was on the TVs youtube app. I checked my history but it erased. It wasn't signed on to my profile to remember it. Sorry. T_T

-- Aahh... that's too bad. Oh well. If you ever stumble upon it again be sure to let me know.

kryton73 wrote:This comic is really starting to kick into high gear. I'm hoping to see Taylor get the slow but complete "Doctor" transformation in the next issue.

Thanks for the good work, Firstborn! Your comic is what currently keeps me subscribed here at MCC.

-- Thanks a lot Kryton! There very few greater compliments an artist can receive than the willingness of someone to spend real life $$$ on their work. I'm not going to give anything away but I think you'll enjoy the next chapter or two.
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby Champ » July 23rd, 2013, 6:40 pm

I'm curious...what is a better comment? XD

I don't know what it is about this ending...I think this has me as suspenseful as our chapter that the hand reaches out at Angela's chair in the escape ship. The next chapter is going to be extreme. *bounce*
Champ

Postby FirstBorn » July 24th, 2013, 7:51 am

Champ wrote:I'm curious...what is a better comment? XD

I don't know what it is about this ending...I think this has me as suspenseful as our chapter that the hand reaches out at Angela's chair in the escape ship. The next chapter is going to be extreme. *bounce*

-- Better comments? Well, for one you could say that my work was what got you started making your *own* comics, etc. That would be high praise as well. ;) The act of *paying* for art is a double edged sword frequently. Many artists make money from work that they do not value but produce just to pay the bills. Now- *this* type of work, and the manner in which the money changes hands makes it a lot more "honest" in its power of evaluation. I am not benefiting *directly* from user subscriptions so if someone is willing to pay for a subscription here *specifically* because of my work that means they value it for itself. Which I greatly appreciate!

-- As for your second comment- nice reference. Although not necessarily the one that will be most needed to fully realize the developments coming up. But you know me- I love to answer one question and leave you with 2 or 3 more. That being said- as we approach the end of the story there will be more and more answers handed out but that doesn't mean I'm going to remind you of the question before hand. ;) Hopefully, if I've done this right you guys will be able to enjoy the ride as we go- and then go BACK and look at the entire story arch and connect the dots as we went along as well. I'm biased, of course- I have all the dots in my head so to me its all obvious. Which makes writing a challenge to give you just enough to titilate- but not so much that it becomes too easy and loses impact.

I may not hit the bulls-eye, but as long as I'm on the board I'll be pleased. I should be posting the cover for the next chapter in the next couple of days. Keep a look out.
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

PreviousNext

Return to Firstborn