Queen's Reign: Posts & Discussion

Discuss "Omega Unit" and other stories with Firstborn!

Re: Queen's Reign: Posts & Discussion

Postby Champ » September 23rd, 2012, 9:28 am

Oh by twist I meant by a human actually becoming the enemy compared to the black goo. Who'da thunk that would happen. But, mad scientists are sometimes what the doctor ordered. :)
Champ

Postby Champ » September 24th, 2012, 1:03 pm

I'm excited to see the 10th chapter coming soon. Still so many questions that need answering.
Champ

Postby Hector2 » October 2nd, 2012, 9:48 am

Dear First Born:

Queen’s reign chapter 9 introduces the classic plot of the mad scientist in a series that was written by heavy handed moralists. Here we have the professor who not only had found a way to end this menace, but to change the face of the whole galaxy, who is gonna pass on that?

A simple ensign, that’s who.

Ensign Sam and the professor had an awkward relationship: He likes her, she patronizes him, well, nobody could felt surprised when the Drone manages to manipulate both of them. It’s the same pattern of Hive mind against conflicting humanity.

The part with the c phone was great! Foreshadowing! And now Sam is ready to rewrite her subconscious… what other things the professor would add?

Great issue!
Hector2

Postby Champ » October 3rd, 2012, 7:56 pm

Chapter 10! Chapter 10! Chapter 10! :)
Champ

Postby FirstBorn » October 6th, 2012, 8:22 pm

Hector2 wrote:Dear First Born:
<sic> The part with the c phone was great! Foreshadowing! And now Sam is ready to rewrite her subconscious… what other things the professor would add?

Great issue!

-- Hector- the first time I read this review you made my day. Thank you for the thoughtful commentary and analysis. All comments are obviously appreciated (as long as they're constructive) but reviews like that are GEMS.

Champ wrote:Chapter 10! Chapter 10! Chapter 10! :)

-- Biting at the bit, are we Champ? Happy to oblige- chapter 10 is live, official post to immediately follow this one. As for you earlier comment on the twist, the good Doctor is not pure evil so I kinda feel bad for him but of course that's because I'm writing the story and know what's in his future. ;) In the meantime we can all enjoy him reveling in his new-found power- at least for a little bit.

I mean, surely when literally surrounded with such an immense threat as the Assimilated Collective one man could not possibly hope to capture and hold a harem? Right?
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby FirstBorn » October 6th, 2012, 8:22 pm

Once again I am proud to present Chapter 10 of The Queen's Reign!

Click here to begin!

Synopsis:
When last we left our new protagonist Samantha had found herself in quite a tight spot; her unprotected mind at the mercy of a would-be mad scientist. Whatever adjusting was done to her mind it would seem that she no longer has any concerns over the drone in their midst. Not only that but she seems quite willing to help the Doctor work out some of his frustrations as well. But, as the door opens to interrupt the Doctor's administrations, a new arrival seems rather upset at what is happening within. Is there hope yet for Samantha? Is she here to stop the evil Doctor? Or, more likely, are things yet again not quite what they seem. Find out more in Chapter 10 of "The Queen's Reign" as the end... continues.

I hope you enjoy Chapter 10- I know I had fun making it. Chapter 11 is scheduled to go live 4 weeks from now with a return to a more regular 1/month schedule.
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby Champ » October 7th, 2012, 8:26 am

I loved this chapter. Much more than what I was expecting on how it would turn out from where it left off in chapter 9. Chapter 11 is going to be great with an enemy outside and now inside the base of operations. If Angela's in the middle, she's going to be fighting harder than ever! :D Go FB!
Champ

Postby leto17 » October 7th, 2012, 6:09 pm

Hello.

I agree. This was very good!
leto17

Postby Champ » October 8th, 2012, 8:44 pm

Oooh! The chapter 11 cover looks sinister! I'm excited!
Champ

Postby FirstBorn » October 8th, 2012, 9:11 pm

Champ wrote:Oooh! The chapter 11 cover looks sinister! I'm excited!

-- Thanks for all the positive comments guys. I know Chapter 11 is a ways off but it'll be here lick'ity split. ;)
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby Champ » October 9th, 2012, 8:01 am

Time is an enemy I love to fight. :)
Champ

Postby Hector2 » October 9th, 2012, 2:22 pm

Dear Firstborn:

Queens Reing # 10 shows us the real subtext about the mind control fantasy: This is not about sex, but about power. The doctor is attracted by Samantha, but that is not love, because he takes any chance he gets to berate her for her earlier rejection… when she had a will.

The part where the doctor insist of doing it in front of the drone is squicky, and yet, could be a clue about why is he acting like a deviant with too much power…

The irruption of Donna in this story is very interesting, and it tell us that there is much more here that met the eyes. So, Samantha turned Donna earlier, but why? Was she interested in Donna? The explanation sounds a little to convenient, and if I were the doctor I could see immediately that I am being manipulated… but maybe not by Samantha.

My suspicion is that the drone is giving the doctor everything he needs to be distracted. I am anxious to see how Angela will “save” the situation ;)
Hector2

Postby Champ » November 3rd, 2012, 9:47 am

Something's brewing. The chapters have disappeared and Chapter 11's cover has taken their place? Ahhh! The Queen is covering her tracks. :) Kidding. Must be a glitch!
Champ

Postby FirstBorn » November 4th, 2012, 12:26 am

Champ wrote:Something's brewing. The chapters have disappeared and Chapter 11's cover has taken their place? Ahhh! The Queen is covering her tracks. :) Kidding. Must be a glitch!

Yes- we are having a few server issues but JPeger is on the ball and trying to take care of us all. Check the news and updates for more.

Hector2 wrote:Dear Firstborn:

My suspicion is that the drone is giving the doctor everything he needs to be distracted. I am anxious to see how Angela will “save” the situation ;)

Dear Hector,

As always, your analysis is so much fun to read. I apologize for not responding to your review earlier but believe me when I say it put a smile on my face. I love it when people pick up on my foreshadowing and plot devices w/o me having to label them with a neon sign. As for your opinions on the doctors mental capacity- one is often blinded by hubris and pride. Even the best of us.

Keep it up, Hector- your comments are highly valued.

And, of course, I would love to hear from anyone else who has a few cents to throw around regarding The Queen's Reign. I should be able to respond more quickly now that a few other things are off my plate.
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby FirstBorn » November 4th, 2012, 12:28 am

And once again I am proud to present Chapter 11 of The Queen's Reign!

Click here to begin!

Synopsis:
As our story continues we find the good Doctor has hit a few road blocks on his path to fame and fortune. As the old saying goes; power corrupts, and absolute power... Well, the doctor hasn't tasted that yet but he is getting closer and closer every day. If only he had a bit more help on his project. Perhaps the Lieutenant in charge of his research station could help him with that. Oh, look. There she is right there- but once again something doesn't seem quite right. Find out more in Chapter 10 of "The Queen's Reign" as the end... continues.

I should have chapter 12's cover up soon. I have to say though- this chapter took on a life of its own very quickly. I hope you guys didn't mind that I didn't get the story back to Angela as I intended just yet. ;) It'll have to wait until next month.
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

PreviousNext

Return to Firstborn