Queen's Reign: Posts & Discussion

Discuss "Omega Unit" and other stories with Firstborn!

Re: Queen's Reign: Posts & Discussion

Postby Champ » July 28th, 2013, 6:00 pm

Oh wow...now that is an awesome cover! A bio-chamber? I can't wait to see what Taylor gets put through.

The Queen has special plans for her? Oh my...
Champ

Postby Champ » August 3rd, 2013, 6:23 am

....I saw what Taylor got put through... I loved it! :)

That was not what I expected in the end. I was bug-eyed. Now I have to know what the Queen is up to at this point because she's just proving to be more twisted as her minions are.
Champ

Postby FirstBorn » August 3rd, 2013, 8:03 am

Once again I am proud to present Chapter 20 of The Queen's Reign!

Click HERE to Begin!

Synopsis:
Angela is on her way to Beta Station to try and stop the Queen once and for all- but that wouldn't have been possible with Taylor's brave sacrifice. So you can imagine the confusion Taylor must feel when she opens her still very human, though somewhat blurry eyes. It would seem she has made her own trip during her convalescence- back to Delta station. Kassidy seems intent on having a new little sister and it seems Taylor has been selected as the new host body. But then Cassie comes to her rescue, promising to keep the drones away as long as she answers a few questions. What is her game? Would they really let her go without assimilating her? And why is Kassidy suddenly so interested in making amends for being rude a bit ago. Find out in the latest episode of The Queen's Reign. And so the end... continues.

I posted this last night before I went to bed and forgot to post the update! Oops. But I see a few of you at least have already taken a peek. I hope the wait was worth it. Wondering what's coming next?

Champ wrote:....I saw what Taylor got put through... I loved it! :)

That was not what I expected in the end. I was bug-eyed. Now I have to know what the Queen is up to at this point because she's just proving to be more twisted as her minions are.

-- Well- if you recall from the original Haywire, she WAS the one that re-programmed Cassie in the first place. Daughters do tend to resemble their mothers. But yes, Twisted is certainly a word I would use. ;)
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby Champ » August 3rd, 2013, 11:48 am

I eagerly await the next chapter. Angela has a weapon of sorts to fight them off, but with Taylor knowing about it, she'll just tell the queen? I think Angela's backed into a corner with nowhere to run. She'll the the one in the corner, aiming a gun at everyone and just go. "Ahhhhhh" and the bullets fly wildly. Last stand and all. :)

Next chapter! *points* The End continues! XD
Champ

Postby FirstBorn » August 3rd, 2013, 5:18 pm

Champ wrote:I eagerly await the next chapter. Angela has a weapon of sorts to fight them off, but with Taylor knowing about it, she'll just tell the queen? I think Angela's backed into a corner with nowhere to run. She'll the the one in the corner, aiming a gun at everyone and just go. "Ahhhhhh" and the bullets fly wildly. Last stand and all. :)

-- Oh, it won't be *that* bad. Knowing Angela has the weapon won't make it ineffective- of course I can't tell you why if you don't already know. At least not yet. The nice thing about the Queen being the Queen- she gets to Monologue a bit once she thinks she's won. Of course, knowing the Queen- she'll probably be right.
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby kryton73 » August 5th, 2013, 8:58 pm

This is what makes your stuff so great, Firstborn. You really know how to get us to care about a character and then corrupt them in a strikingly sexy way! You did it in Fallen Star and now you are doing it with Queen's Reign. I hope that we get to see more of this as the speed picks up to the end. Angela and her mom are prime for some dramatic transformations :)
kryton73

Postby FirstBorn » August 5th, 2013, 11:31 pm

kryton73 wrote:This is what makes your stuff so great, Firstborn. You really know how to get us to care about a character and then corrupt them in a strikingly sexy way! You did it in Fallen Star and now you are doing it with Queen's Reign. I hope that we get to see more of this as the speed picks up to the end. Angela and her mom are prime for some dramatic transformations :)

-- Why thank you Kryton. I appreciate the comment very much. I'm afraid I'm too close to the end to give away very many more cookies but lets just say great minds think alike and leave it at that.
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby Hector2 » August 6th, 2013, 6:44 pm

Dear Firstborn:

Please forgive me, I have been very busy to see your work or comment here, but I will try to make it up for that.

I must say that I still don't get it all, I don't know exactly the villains plans, or why is Angela so important to the Queen, or what is happening in any given scene, but I must say, this is how you're telling the story, I must learn to go on the ride.

But this issue was soooo cool! I loved the part where Taylor is tricked! That was wonderful! Taylor didn't really lost, the deck was stacked against her since the very beginnning.

Now, what will the new "Taylor" do? I am anxios to know

Thanks for everything!
Hector2

Postby FirstBorn » August 6th, 2013, 7:12 pm

Hector2 wrote:Dear Firstborn:
I must say that I still don't get it all, I don't know exactly the villains plans, or why is Angela so important to the Queen, or what is happening in any given scene, but I must say, this is how you're telling the story, I must learn to go on the ride.

But this issue was soooo cool! I loved the part where Taylor is tricked! That was wonderful! Taylor didn't really lost, the deck was stacked against her since the very beginnning.

-- Thanks Hector. And don't worry about the window- as much as all artists love comments on our work we can't grow accustomed and start to *expect* them from our readers. If you have been moved to comment- that's enough for me.

As for not understanding why everything is happening, yes- you'll have to enjoy the ride to find out. The "voice" of this story is very different from most other stories. If I tried to tell this story the way a normal one would have been told it would take me years and years and way more models than i have the budget for.

You, the reader, is discovering things about as fast as Angela is. But don't worry- there will be a reveal near the end that should answer *most* (but not all) of the questions you may have. And hopefully- you'll go back and look and see all the literary tropes and hooks I've seeded into the story along the way.

That's what I'm shooting for at least. ;) Enjoy the ride.

And thanks for the comment!
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby Champ » August 24th, 2013, 11:19 am

Very excited that the new month is beginning. New chapter hopefully coming as always. :) Angela, fight on!
Champ

Postby FirstBorn » August 24th, 2013, 12:02 pm

Champ wrote:Very excited that the new month is beginning. New chapter hopefully coming as always. :) Angela, fight on!

-- Sept 7th, yes. Cover should be coming soon.
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby Champ » August 24th, 2013, 4:52 pm

Awesome? Does that make it the...err...75% mark?
Champ

Postby Champ » September 2nd, 2013, 4:52 pm

Wow, the new cover looks intense. Angela's going to shoot some drones and Taylor's going to pounce when she least expects it. :)
Champ

Postby FirstBorn » September 2nd, 2013, 7:07 pm

Champ wrote:Wow, the new cover looks intense. Angela's going to shoot some drones and Taylor's going to pounce when she least expects it. :)

-- There is more than one way for the ghost of Taylor to "pounce" as you put it. It was hard for me to choose the right "theme" for the cover for this chapter so I decided to go with that one to illustrate the "time gap" in the story.

Namely- this chapter starts at the same time that LAST chapter did- only following ANGELA down the hallway, instead of Taylor. Beyond that... lets just say things might seem to get a bit weirder before they get any clearer.
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby FirstBorn » September 7th, 2013, 11:08 pm

Once again I am proud to present Chapter 21 of The Queen's Reign!

Click HERE to Begin!

Synopsis:
In this episode we rewind time just a smidge, and follow Angela as she is forced to leave Taylor behind. When last we saw her she was on her way to the Fabricators to get a hold of a weapon she had just started not so many minutes ago. But- it would seem Angela may have been thinking even further ahead than that. Too bad Taylor couldn't have lasted but a few more minutes at her side. Now all she has to do is make it to Research Station Beta and put her master plan into action. But once she arrives her plans quickly fall apart as she begins to realize how far the crew of Beta Station has fallen. What *is* Angela's plan? And will it unfold as she hopes, or will the Queen get in her way? Find out more in the latest episode of The Queen's Reign. And so the end... continues.

Posted a bit late in the day, I apologize. Had some last minute touch ups that were brought to my attention. Staff of 1 here, yo. Not that most of the rest of us shill aboard ship here at McComix could claim otherwise.

Perhaps now you'll believe me when I say... "We're closing in on the end."
Attachments
QueensReign312-cover21-thumb.jpg
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

PreviousNext

Return to Firstborn