Omega Unit Villians: FallenStar - Posts & Discussion

Discuss "Omega Unit" and other stories with Firstborn!

Re: Omega Unit Villians: FallenStar - Posts & Discussion

Postby Hector2 » April 11th, 2012, 9:22 pm

Dear FirstBorn:

I cannot shake the despairing feeling that leave me this story. It has nothing to do with your art or with your writing. I thought those were super. The problem is: I don’t like stories where the perfectly likable heroine falls.

Of course that was your intention, this is the tale of how an antiheroine is born. But even then, the Christmas tale was so beautiful and well done, that I feel it’s unfair that everything ends like this.

However, for all her “corruption”, Daystar (FallenStar) seems to be the same clueless girl as ever: She still doesn’t understand very well what were Sharon’s intentions: She seems to believe Sharon will content herself with being a subordinate. That is not Sharon. I don’t know if is because she is the last of her race, but Daystar knows much more about being a successful supervillain that bein an acceptable lover.

However, if there is something I liked, was Sharon’s character development… Because her circumstances were exactly the same: Sharon began as a powerless sidekick that always is rescued by Daystar and she ended exactly in the same position: Being rescued by Fallenstar.

Sharon always wanted to make Daystar notice her and return her feelings. And in all of the tale she didn’t get that. She was abused by the vampire, the demon in the tiara, and Fallenstar. When she tried to seduce the demon, she was so humiliated I feel bad for her (and given she is a traitor and an amoral vampire, it’s something difficult to do).

What Sharon wanted was power, the power to doblegate Fallenstar to her will. And that was exactly what she didn’t get. Then when she was with the tiara’s demon, she wanted something that FallenStar didn’t get, hoping to be more powerful than her… but, she was tricked by the demon (really Sharon, trusting a demon?).

The best part is the dismissive comtempt FallenStar has for Sharon: Even when she loves her, FallenStar do not respect Sharon (she didn’t think her new name is important). Sharon must be pretty desperate for power over Fallenstar, and I think that would be a pretty interesting comic.
Hector2

Postby FirstBorn » April 14th, 2012, 3:20 pm

Hector2 wrote:Dear FirstBorn:

Hector,

It is hard to know how to word a response to a letter such as this. All I can really say is that I am honored that my stories have produced such an emotional and thought felt response, regardless of which emotions underlay them. As for your dislike of stories where a heroine falls, I can understand that, but sometimes the story requires great sacrifice. I wish that making Poser stories such as these were easier and faster so you could learn to love (I hope) what FallenStar and Sharon will become.

It is true that Sharon did get yanked around quite a bit in the story. I have to admit that when the story began she was very much simply the vehicle to drive the creation of FallenStar- but as it developed I started liking Sharon more and more myself. If anything this story turned out to be about the birth of not just one villain, but two. Sharon was a perfectly normal human girl but now, thanks to her taste of FallenStar's blood, she is one of the most powerful Vampires (a Master Vampire herself thanks to the Tiara) in the world. And on top of that she now must serve three masters: her Leash to the demon, her Mistress in FallenStar, and what remains of her feelings toward what used to be DayStar.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the comic enough to feel driven to post such a well thought out critic of not just the story but the motivating aspects of character development as well. You have even given me a morsel or two to think about that I did not see myself. For that alone I would thank you.
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby Hector2 » May 12th, 2012, 12:06 pm

Dear Firstborn:

I think maybe I am taking comics to seriously, but I post that comment in the heat of the occasion, and I didn’t think how could affect you, sorry.

Of course, I think you’re great to have answered me so politely, because only now I realize that you could have said something like: “It’s my character and I decide what to do with her”. And you would be right, but the point is that you were polite and didn’t want to hurt my feelings, and if I did something like that to you, I’m sorry, please forgive me.

And to end this post in a high note, I think you must develop more Sharon’s character: I think of her as the true hearth of the story: Demons and Fallenstar want power over everything, she only wants power over Fallenstar and get a little attention. What’s a Master Vampire girl to do to get that?
Hector2

Postby FirstBorn » May 18th, 2012, 8:32 am

Hector2 wrote:Dear Firstborn:
(sic...) if I did something like that to you, I’m sorry, please forgive me.

-- No worries Hector, there was no bruised feelings to concern yourself with. I know from reading the forums that there are other people that dislike the villains winning as well so you are not alone on your side of the fence. Although, your issue was with the loss of a heroine more than the victory of a villain the issues are closely related.

Hector2 wrote:And to end this post in a high note, I think you must develop more Sharon’s character: I think of her as the true hearth of the story: Demons and Fallenstar want power over everything, she only wants power over Fallenstar and get a little attention. What’s a Master Vampire girl to do to get that?

-- I know the nature of these stories (the time it takes to develop and deploy) does not make for fast development- but fear not. I agree with you that Sharon deserves a little TLC. It'll just take a while before she gets to be center stage again.

Keep reading, and keep commenting- I know we all appreciate your feedback.
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby bman152 » June 1st, 2012, 7:11 pm

Great Story. Far and away my favorite one on the site. Can't wait to see some more. Can you give a hint as to when we might see these characters return?
bman152

Postby FirstBorn » June 2nd, 2012, 12:38 pm

bman152 wrote:Great Story. Far and away my favorite one on the site. Can't wait to see some more. Can you give a hint as to when we might see these characters return?

I'd love to say "Really soon!" but unfortunately I have to limit myself on production time or I might find myself divorced, or worse.

I will not be leaving these characters permanently on the shelf, but I won't be able to get back to them until after Queen's Reign is done. I have tons of story arcs in my head but getting them rendered and polished takes *TIME*.

I thank you greatly for the kind words and vote of confidence. It keeps us going knowing that there are people out there who *like* our work!
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby kryton73 » January 1st, 2013, 8:35 pm

Does anyone have any idea when FallenStar will be posted back to the website? With the new site up and stable, all of the missing content was supposed to come back but FallenStar is still not back.

Also, with Queen's Reign wrapping up, I hope that we get a chance to see more from the FallenStar characters. I'd love to see more female characters introduced and turned/corrupted. FirstBorn's artwork in the first series was the best slow corruption and total transformation artwork that I have seen so far.
kryton73

Postby FirstBorn » January 2nd, 2013, 10:15 am

kryton73 wrote:Does anyone have any idea when FallenStar will be posted back to the website? With the new site up and stable, all of the missing content was supposed to come back but FallenStar is still not back.

Also, with Queen's Reign wrapping up, I hope that we get a chance to see more from the FallenStar characters. I'd love to see more female characters introduced and turned/corrupted. FirstBorn's artwork in the first series was the best slow corruption and total transformation artwork that I have seen so far.

-- Sorry about that. FallenStar not being visible was an oversight on my part. It should be visible now- let me know if its not. And thanks for the compliment as well!
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby sohta123 » May 5th, 2013, 5:27 pm

Are you planning on any new work with this anytime soon?
I just love the demonic look on FallenStar and would love to see more of her.
sohta123

Postby FirstBorn » May 26th, 2013, 2:16 pm

sohta123 wrote:Are you planning on any new work with this anytime soon?
I just love the demonic look on FallenStar and would love to see more of her.

-- She's still in my universe, but I don't have her scripted in as a major player until my 2nd "heroine" arc.

So- the short answer is yes, but it'll be a while.
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby sohta123 » January 28th, 2015, 10:25 am

Any chance we'll see any new villains created soon for this?
sohta123

Postby FirstBorn » January 28th, 2015, 2:00 pm

sohta123 wrote:Any chance we'll see any new villains created soon for this?

-- As a matter of fact this has been bubbling up in my thought process. Unfortunately- I'm trying to finish a PhD (Last semester Go GO!) so it can't start SOON... but I haven't let this wither on the vine.

Not the answer you were hoping for I'm sure- but not as bad as it could have been. I appreciate the interest though!
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Previous

Return to Firstborn