Omega Unit: Origins - Haywire Epilogue has been logged.

Discuss "Omega Unit" and other stories with Firstborn!

Omega Unit: Origins - Haywire Epilogue has been logged.

Postby FirstBorn » November 18th, 2011, 12:48 pm

Chapter 7: Epilogue of the Haywire origin story has been finally arrived at McComix. Yes, fellow viewers we finally get to see the titular character for this story.

Synopsis:
The Queen has finally succeeded. All who stand in her way have been thwarted and there is nothing to stop her from running roughshod over the entire galaxy. Not even the stalwart Evelyn was able to resist her nanite indoctrination into the collective. So, what's left to do but celebrate, right? Don't break out the champagne yet! We still don't know how all of this ties in with the "birth" of our Heroine "Haywire" nor what other character's origins might be hiding in the shadows (or jars) of the final pages of: Omega Unit Origins- Haywire!

Our story concludes here: http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=40989

And for those of you who noticed, I have updated Haywire's Bio page as well:

http://www.mccomix.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=41160

I hope you all enjoyed the ride! I know I did. So much so, in fact, that I couldn't leave the Queen's Universe alone. We'll be back to see more of her in the future.

Enjoy!
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Re: Omega Unit: Origins - Haywire Epilogue has been logged.

Postby Hector2 » November 27th, 2011, 12:45 am

Hi there FirstBorn!

I have not noticed before your work. The first issue was a little… generic for my taste. I didn’t bother into search for more. Now I realize my error.

Your story is so good. I loved the science fiction approach, and how the queen tortures Evelyn with pure pleasure, and the twist that the mother could have survived, and how the Queen is still bound by his programming to chase her.

I also loved the idea of showing us the prequel before the main series. It makes sense, and even when I don’t see the obvious connection between the Queen and the story of Miss Monroy and Haywire. I really liked the irony of Miss Monroe acussing Rachel of not paying attention, when she herself wasn’t looking Rachel’s problem. Also, how did the Pharao managed to know the peril of the black goo without being converted to the Queen?

I’m eager to see how this develops.

Hector.
Hector2

Postby FirstBorn » November 27th, 2011, 1:13 pm

Hector2 wrote:Hi there FirstBorn!
I have not noticed before your work. The first issue was a little… generic for my taste. I didn’t bother into search for more. Now I realize my error.

-- Thanks! I'll admit that the first chapter was not "up to par" with what I can do now. Its amazing how fast the learning curve turns when it comes to stuff like this. Looking back at some of those early chapters I am annoyed by so many things that I now know I could have done so much better. But such is life- and if I spend all my time correcting mistakes of the past I would never get to the NEW stuff.

Hector2 wrote:I also loved the idea of showing us the prequel before the main series. It makes sense, and even when I don’t see the obvious connection between the Queen and the story of Miss Monroy and Haywire. I really liked the irony of Miss Monroe acussing Rachel of not paying attention, when she herself wasn’t looking Rachel’s problem. Also, how did the Pharao managed to know the peril of the black goo without being converted to the Queen?

I’m eager to see how this develops.

-- Ah shucks... and now you just gave me an entirely NEW story idea... Going back in time and telling the story of what happened when the nanites first arrived on earth. I hadn't even thought of that- I was just using it as means of explaining how she got infected from an ancient tomb. Yes... must ruminate on this.

As for how the story connects- I must confess that the story took on a life of its own. At first I thought it was just going to be a chapter or two to explain how Haywire got the nanites (obviously to alien/advanced for her to come up with on her own). But as I started telling it the story just kept growing. By the time I got around to explaining the actual Haywire Origin the story was no longer just about her.

And this is why one of my "under development" projects is the continuation of the Queen's story back in her own Universe. I enjoyed her to much to leave her behind just yet. But in the meantime I'm going to do a bit more exploration of the Omega Unit characters to give me more time to develop that universe as well.

Thanks again for the kind words, Hector! And stay tuned. More to come, I promise!
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby Hector2 » November 29th, 2011, 7:06 pm

Hi First Born, thanks for your answer!

I understand the feeling: You think of a story, and think about a backstory, and want to develop a little more and more until you have an story on her own… and you still don’t have the story you wanted to tell.

I’m not a creative type, but I want to make a suggestion: just write a little story in prose, and if you like, make some images only to reinforce the best points. Then you can post it as a lost scroll or something.

My specific doubt is: How the pharaoh knew about the danger of the black goo? If the black goo crashed into the desert, maybe there was a chance it didn’t touch any living being. But when was found by humans, with only one touching it could have been enough to convert all Egypt. And if they never touched it, how they know they must not touch it?

It could have touched and animal or a plant, or maybe the Egyptians used magic or were really aliens or something.

Anyway, thank you for your comment. I have high hopes in your next work.

Hector.
Hector2

Postby leto17 » December 3rd, 2011, 6:55 am

I'm glad you will be doing more. This was fun!
leto17

Postby SpindlerII » December 3rd, 2011, 5:41 pm

Hector2 wrote:I’m not a creative type, but I want to make a suggestion: just write a little story in prose, and if you like, make some images only to reinforce the best points. Then you can post it as a lost scroll or something.

Personally, I hope to see a sequel(s) as a comic. But whatever that suits the creator best.

Hector2 wrote:My specific doubt is: How the pharaoh knew about the danger of the black goo? If the black goo crashed into the desert, maybe there was a chance it didn’t touch any living being. But when was found by humans, with only one touching it could have been enough to convert all Egypt. And if they never touched it, how they know they must not touch it?

If it crashed, it could mean the ship and all or most of its tools and weapons were destroyed, making only the goo itself the main survivor. As we saw in the comic, the queen was very vulnerable once she woke up for the first time. If a human was converted into a queen (or a king, if it was a man) in the desert in the old Egypt, with only the goo as the survivor, her only weapon would probably be her touch. And if the pharaoh and his guards were there to see what happened, and also witness what happend to the first one, two or three she touched, they would still be able to kill those infected without being converted themselves. Deciding the blob of nanites would the too dangerous, it was better to simply hide it from the world. Another solution could be to destory it with fire or other stuff, but perhaps they were afraid it wouldn't work or even make it worse, or make the gods angry or something, and came to the conclusion that the best way to deal with the problem would be to just leave it alone and make sure nobody touched it.

The fact that the parasite queen also survived and is inside the same chamber, could mean that both ships were fighting each others in outher space, and crashed into earth's atmosphere already more or less destroyed.

But that's just speculations based in the limited information that is already available (and way too short to be made into a new background story). What the real background is, we'll just have to wait and see when it is published.
SpindlerII

Postby sohta123 » December 4th, 2011, 3:30 pm

Looks like the movie is coming out soon. :P

http://www.haywiremovie.com/
sohta123

Postby FirstBorn » December 11th, 2011, 12:05 am

sohta123 wrote:Looks like the movie is coming out soon. :P

http://www.haywiremovie.com/

-- Noticed that myself, actually. ;) If only it were true. I highly doubt my storyline would make for a good mainstream movie. ;)
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby FirstBorn » January 8th, 2012, 1:19 pm

SpindlerII wrote:If it crashed, it could mean the ship and all or most of its tools and weapons were destroyed, making only the goo itself the main survivor. As we saw in the comic, the queen was very vulnerable once she woke up for the first time. If a human was converted into a queen (or a king, if it was a man) in the desert in the old Egypt, with only the goo as the survivor, her only weapon would probably be her touch. And if the pharaoh and his guards were there to see what happened, and also witness what happened to the first one, two or three she touched, they would still be able to kill those infected without being converted themselves. Deciding the blob of nanites would the too dangerous, it was better to simply hide it from the world. Another solution could be to destroy it with fire or other stuff, but perhaps they were afraid it wouldn't work or even make it worse, or make the gods angry or something, and came to the conclusion that the best way to deal with the problem would be to just leave it alone and make sure nobody touched it.

The fact that the parasite queen also survived and is inside the same chamber, could mean that both ships were fighting each others in outer space, and crashed into earth's atmosphere already more or less destroyed.

But that's just speculations based in the limited information that is already available (and way too short to be made into a new background story). What the real background is, we'll just have to wait and see when it is published.

Hey Spindler- I can't believe I didn't notice this post earlier. Sorry if I gave you the impression I was ignoring you.

As for your speculation, all of the above would be very viable answers. I don't know if I'll ever have the time to go back and do that particular backstory so I'll give you all (those still reading this thread) a bit of a teaser.

According to the story so far, the parasite went through the portal first, and therefore would have arrived on earth first. One of the first things this parasite would do is to take a host, and then most likely start moving to take over her new corner of the world. Thing is, shortly after beginning that process she would have noticed the tell-tale signs of another object exiting the wormhole. There's only one thing that could have been, and she would know it. So what would you do if the one thing in multiple universes that was literally BUILT TO DESTROY YOU had just followed you to your new home? That's right- go make sure it never gets out of its shell. Problem is, one little accident by a sloppy slave cleaning the floor of your new temple could mean all your work was for naught- so now you must stay to guard your treasure. Why stick around and guard it you ask? Why not just destroy it? Good question. Problem was, back in ancient Egypt they simply didn't have the technology needed to do so.

And there you have it. That's the setup. That's the backstory... That's the story I might, one day, come back and tell in much more graphic format, if you'll forgive the pun.

I hope you enjoy! And there's an Easter egg for those of you who still check out my forum posts!
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Postby Hector2 » January 8th, 2012, 11:23 pm

Hi Firstborn and SplinderII!

I really appreciate the time you both took for explaining your ideas to us, thank you.

Just another question, this explanation is the Easter Egg you mentioned? Or are you referring to another thing entirely?

Thanks!

Hector.
Hector2

Postby FirstBorn » January 9th, 2012, 2:11 pm

Hector2 wrote:Just another question, this explanation is the Easter Egg you mentioned? Or are you referring to another thing entirely?

The explanation *was* the Easter Egg, yes. Didn't want anyone's curiosity to go on melt down over a backstory that I don't know I'll have time to fully detail. Would be a lot of fun tho... Its not like there's not a lot of Egyptian models & stuff out there...

Perhaps I'll do a one or two shot back-story before I pick up the "modern day" storyline that uses the parasite as a main villain. Only time will tell.
~
FirstBorn
FirstBorn

Return to Firstborn