Switching to Poser 3D

Discuss "The Hive" and other stories with MindChanger!

Switching to Poser 3D

Postby MindChanger » May 14th, 2011, 8:56 am

Hello there!

To be honest with all of you, guys, me and Nezit weren't 100% happy with how the first issue of "The Hive" looked like. It turned out that using 3D Max for rendering this kind of comic pages is far from effective - it's easier to design a whole mansion than a decent haircut. Therefore we decided to give Poser 3D a try and starting with the next issue, we will be using completely new models.

This is a preview of how Charlotte Hornet will now look like:

Instead of her old look:

As we will now be changing all the models that act in the story, we sincerely apologise for any mixups that our readers might experience, but we also hope that everyone will appreciate the overally better look of the newer issues.

If anyone has any suggestions or criticism, we will be more than glad to hear it.

Stay tuned for second issue of "The Hive" - it'll be out around the end of May :)

Mindchanger
MindChanger

Re: Switching to Poser 3D

Postby fembotheather » May 14th, 2011, 1:14 pm

I like the new look.
fembotheather

Postby Akonkid » May 14th, 2011, 8:03 pm

It looks much better.

As a 3DS Modeler myself, I know it's not the best program to use for rendering, posing, or animating, at least not quickly. I'm liking the redesigns significantly, and I don't mind the upgrade at all. I'm all for it.
If she would just do what I asked, I wouldn't need to use mind control!
Akonkid

Postby MindChanger » May 15th, 2011, 6:20 am

Thanks for support :) As a bonus, little preview of Olivia:

Isn't she a hottie? :)
MindChanger

Postby teridoll » May 17th, 2011, 4:59 pm

Love the new looks, so much more nicer and I love the idea of a true hive mentality. I can't wait for the next issue.
teridoll

Postby kakyo001 » August 16th, 2011, 11:31 am

it's kinda rude to ask this in the first post I made in this forum... but I can't help myself... :roll:

is there a chance that the first issue will be revisited using the new software and models (once you guys got enough spare time) or will it stick to the comic design ? :)
kakyo001

Postby MindChanger » August 16th, 2011, 3:10 pm

Actually, this is entirely up to Nezit, as she would be the one having to do her job again on that issue, but I can tell you we were thinking of it a bit, and maybe the revamped first issue will see the light someday.
MindChanger

Return to MindChanger